Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: MY HEAD IS SWIMMING  (Read 16402 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
MY HEAD IS SWIMMING
« on: June 14, 2005, 11:58:42 PM »

Well, you've read the notes, you are now in the know and you are know in the now, and now it is time for you to post until the swimming cows come home.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2005, 12:01:02 AM by bk »

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:MY HEAD IS SWIMMING
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2005, 12:00:25 AM »

Ummm...notes?? ::)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2005, 12:00:55 AM »

And the word of the day is: DYSPEPSIA!

George

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2005, 12:01:47 AM »

Ahhh...notes!! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2005, 12:02:06 AM »

;)

George

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2005, 12:07:57 AM »

Topic of the Day:  I don't think it's really horrible, but the movie to "A Funny Thing Happened On the Way to the Forum" was not as good when I saw it as an adult than when I used to watch it as a kid.  "Silent Running" was another.  Again, not really horrible, but I couldn't finish it when I bought the DVD.

Tomovoz

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2005, 12:08:27 AM »

I prefer Dyscocacolia.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

George

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2005, 12:10:45 AM »

Then there's Dynotopia. ;)

George

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2005, 12:12:06 AM »

Ooops, sorry.  That's Dinotopia.  My bad. ;D

Tomovoz

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2005, 12:12:39 AM »

"Mayerling" does not stand up well. I think I liked the romanticism of it when I first saw it.

"Moulin Rouge" = visuals are wonderful but the dialogue!!!.  Of course the "New" Moulin Rouge did not stand up well with first viewing!! (Hello RLP).

Reverse mode:  I now like "Hello Dolly" much more than I did when it was released.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2005, 12:14:09 AM »

I thought High Time was one of the funniest films ever made when I saw it at 12 years of age.  I watched it on FMC the other day - not too funny.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2005, 12:14:51 AM »

I think I shall have a nice hot shower, then I'll be back to post more before toddling off to the bedroom environment.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2005, 12:26:37 AM »

Confirmed, BK!

TRAIN ROBBERS...Oh PEEE-huw!  Once was enough for me.  Think I saw it in a drive-in on a double bill.  Duke, poor Rod Taylor, and Anne-Margaret...pretty to look at, but not much else.  And where was the usual Burt Kennedy wit and panache...this is the man who wrote all those great Boetticher/Scott westerns and directed Support Your Local Sheriff. How was Bobby Vinton?  I forgot entirely he was in the movie.

The Lovely Wife and I thought Where's Poppa was a screamingly funny, brilliant comedy when we first saw it in college.  We thought it so funny, we went and dragged my parents to it the following night.  They must have thought we were insane.  Years later we're sitting here and it crops up on one of the movie channels.  Man. were we disappointed.  Spectacularly unfunny.  So laboured and forced.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2005, 12:32:09 AM by Charles Pogue »

George

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2005, 12:49:05 AM »

I'm off to bed.  Goodnight, Tomovoz!  Have a good afternoon...or evening...or whatever time it is for you now! ;D

Tomovoz

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2005, 12:50:29 AM »

Goodnight DR George. It's nearly 6.00pm Wednesday.
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2005, 12:59:48 AM »

Bobby Vinton made Ricky Nelson look like Olivier.

I agree about Where's Poppa.  Back then it was THE funny movie of the year.  Now, it's unwatchable.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2005, 02:48:18 AM »

Well it is 5:41 am EST I awoke for no good reason , (well actually it might have something to do with the mocking bird outside the window singing ing his heart out), about forty minutes ago and have been trying ti get on the site ... I could sign on and I could access my mailbox but fr soem reason everytime I tried to get into the forum I would geta little pop up saying website not responding...hmmmm
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2005, 02:49:07 AM »

I cannot thnk of anythning of rthe TOD now... I'm not really awake enough.  I guess I'll check out last nights notes

vixmom

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2005, 02:57:12 AM »

I got home a  early yesterday and by 4:40 the Vixter and I were flaoting in the pool...lovely until about 7.  Then we up and showered and started the grill and had hamburgers and corn on the cob and potatoes ( I wrapped thiose little white canned potatoes in a heavy duty aluminum foil witha little bit of butter and made it into a little sealed package and then threw it on the grill and kept lipping it.. the potates were nice and goldeen brown and crispy on the outsoide and soft in the middle... very nice.

Then we watched some CSI reruns, the Vixter and her dad are very fiond of those

The the Vixter went off to bed... and Mr. Softee came around and was sitting at my corner, so out I went a bought a vanilla cone with sprinkles for the Mr and  a double cone, chocolate and vanilla for me...but it didn't taste the way Iam used to Mr. Softee tasting... i wonder if they changed the recipe....

The we watched Reno 911 and I fell asleep on the couch shortly after that... out like a light before 11 unusual for me...

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2005, 03:04:12 AM »

Yes it is me.  Yes, I am still among the living.  Nearly rained out, a drowned cat in the vernacular of the animal kingdom, but still able to meow now and then.

Read all the lovely posts from yesterday!  :)

Will have to get to the theatre early again today, and I am afraid PIPPIN is having its first cast meeting tonight, which means the animals will be running wild while I am trying to rehearse.  

And of course there is the costume director who is telling me that my dances don't fit his idea of the outfits for the numbers....my reply went unrecorded.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2005, 03:13:28 AM »

I will start out the TOD for myself by mentioning THE STRAWBERRY STATEMENT, which I thought was the last word in protest movies.  With Kim Darby and Bruce Davison, and Bud Cort and Bob Balaban,  it is pretty wretched now.

BUT - it has a most beautiful theme song in THE CIRCLE GAME written and sung by Joni Mitchell.  I still have the 2-disk LP set around someplace.

The ending is brutal and shocking.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

vixmom

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2005, 03:20:10 AM »

I will start out the TOD for myself by mentioning THE STRAWBERRY STATEMENT, which I thought was the last word in protest movies.  With Kim Darby and Bruce Davison, and Bud Cort and Bob Balaban,  it is pretty wretched now.

BUT - it has a most beautiful theme song in THE CIRCLE GAME written and sung by Joni Mitchell.  I still have the 2-disk LP set around someplace.

The ending is brutal and shocking.

I never heard of this movie, and the only thing I remerb ever seeing Bud Cort in was Harold and Maude... now that was an odd little movie that I once thought was wonderful... I haven't seen it in several years i wonder how I would like it now....

vixmom

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2005, 03:22:08 AM »

Good Morning Jack  I am sorry that you are getting rained on

vixmom

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2005, 03:23:47 AM »

And of course there is the costume director who is telling me that my dances don't fit his idea of the outfits for the numbers....my reply went unrecorded.

I am confused, the costume director wants you to change the choreography to better fit the costumes?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2005, 06:38:56 AM by vixmom »

vixmom

« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2005, 03:30:19 AM »

Speaking of community theatre, we just found out that the summer  "review" program they have planned at James Street and which the Vixyer desperately wants to be in has only two show dates and one of them interferes with the Battle of the Books competition.

She is very bummed out .  She has already commited to the  BOTB and the fall show at JSP  (which is Hello Dolly) is not casting anyone under 16   so she REALLY wants to be in the summer review... The big summer production is West Side Story, which she knows and loves and which she couldn't go out for because they weren't casting anyone under 15

vixmom

« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2005, 03:30:50 AM »

All by myself.....

vixmom

« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2005, 03:31:32 AM »

Well it is time to shower and start my day anyway 6;27 three minutes to the alarm.....

Danise

« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2005, 03:49:34 AM »

Good morning all!

I had to work OT on Monday and I finished mowing the back yard last night so I didn’t make it online.

I have a feeling that I will be very tired tonight.  I should have let the grass wait until the weekend but I hate to leave things half done.  

It was the back yard but still.....

Hope to see you all tonight.  Have a wonderful day!   :)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Tomovoz

« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2005, 03:54:49 AM »

Good morning DR ELmore. I hope all is going well with your recovery process.
James Thurber 1957

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2005, 04:08:08 AM »

Good morning DR ELmore. I hope all is going well with your recovery process.

Good morning, DRTomovoz, I'm listening to I Can't Do the Sum" and thinking of you.  Tomorrow I see the surgeon again, but I have to say thjat I think this round of surgery may prove to be a dud, which is not the bolstering news I hoped to report.  However, I'm aware it may be my indisposition over the heat and I look forward to Dr Bernstein's answers to my questions. I feel great, however.

TOD:  THE GIRL IN THE GLASS BOTTOM BOAT; I love Doris Day and I thought this film was quite funny when I saw it eons ago.   Forced, cutesy, moronic, and the De Vol score is the nadir.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up