Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17   Go Down

Author Topic: SALLY OF THE TROPICS  (Read 39768 times)

Ron Pulliam

Re:SALLY OF THE TROPICS
« Reply #450 on: November 13, 2003, 10:33:36 PM »

Well, I might could fake the hora, but I could not simultaneously ingest chunks or slices of anything.

Actually, I'm feeling kinda queasy.  Don't know if that means anything in terms of "gettin' somethin'" or not.  But I could get into a good hora.

I've been told I hora with the best of them, although I was younger at the time...

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #451 on: November 13, 2003, 10:35:42 PM »

TCB-

Who played DOLLY?

Her name is Sharry O'Hare and she is considered somewhat of a legend in theater here in Northwest.  I am proud to say that she and I have been best friends for almost thirty years.

TCB, I never met Sharry, but I know people who know her and are great friends with her!  Small world!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #452 on: November 13, 2003, 10:35:46 PM »

Thank you for asking that question, Mr. Shayne, because I had no idea who that was either.

As for my Dolly, Sharry is the legend and it does indeed become her.  She has done most of the great musical roles from Peter Pan to Mama Rose.  We have done about six shows together over the years, four of them totally forgettable.  Lion in Winter was a triumph for both of us, Helly, Dolly! was her triumph alone.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

George

« Reply #453 on: November 13, 2003, 10:38:01 PM »

George:  What time do you think the cheesecake will  be done?

It's 10:35 and I haven't even started it yet.  I'm still reading!  (But almost finished.)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #454 on: November 13, 2003, 10:39:38 PM »

TCB: I'll bet she was splendid in the "I'd hang you from the nipples, but you'd shock the children" scene!

That's my FAVORITE line from the whole show.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2003, 10:40:16 PM by Ron Pulliam »

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #455 on: November 13, 2003, 10:40:06 PM »

To the Lainie Kazan question-Very recently she recorded a CD with David Benoit called IN THE GROOVE.She sang THE MUSIC THAT MAKES ME DANCE on that recording

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #456 on: November 13, 2003, 10:40:23 PM »

TCB-

Who played DOLLY?

Her name is Sharry O'Hare and she is considered somewhat of a legend in theater here in Northwest.  I am proud to say that she and I have been best friends for almost thirty years.

TCB, I never met Sharry, but I know people who know her and are great friends with her!  Small world!

I don't know how many times you can quote a quote within a quote, so I hope this works.

It is indeed a small world George.  I had forgotten how many shows Sharry had done in Olympia, including the previously mentioned Peter Pan.
“One thing’s universal,

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #457 on: November 13, 2003, 10:40:49 PM »

Arnold: Re: Lainie Kazan.  How is her voice now?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2003, 10:41:37 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Tomovoz

« Reply #458 on: November 13, 2003, 10:42:38 PM »

We can't rely on DR Jed for late posts tonight so Mr Hornblower and friends it must be "all hands on deck". And yes I did get the vowel sound right - I am not from New Zealand. I has no idea what an "ascot" was. Here in Oz it is a cravat. I suppose a cravat is a neck tie in North America. Hey. At least I am posting.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #459 on: November 13, 2003, 10:45:32 PM »

Have not heard the new Lainie but the last one "Body & Soul" is terrific. (1995)
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

George

« Reply #460 on: November 13, 2003, 10:47:12 PM »

Arnold: Re: Lainie Kazan.  How is her voice now?

I loved her on the OBC recording of My Favorite Year and I also have her CD called "Body and Soul," recorded in 1995 (according to amazon.com).  Her vibrato is a tad wide (normal for a singer of...a certain age), but she still sounded great!  Check out the picture on the CD...it's total cheesecake (and not the kind I'm supposed to be making).

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #461 on: November 13, 2003, 10:48:41 PM »

Lainie Kazan performed here in Florida in the last two years.She(in my opinion) has lost her voice. Thank God for Sitcoms and Movies.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #462 on: November 13, 2003, 10:53:28 PM »

BK-

Who was the 5000th poster?

Is there a prize?

George

« Reply #463 on: November 13, 2003, 10:53:52 PM »

I have a cheesecake to make!  I'll stay logged it, but won't be checking back very often.  I do think that we can make it to 500 posts tonight.  It all depends on when Bruce closes the day and starts a new one.  How about this one time, Bruce, wait until the morning?  Or would that be cheating?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #464 on: November 13, 2003, 10:54:41 PM »

460 posts, 16 pages, and another hour to go.

I wish I could stay for the confetti and the..uhm...horn blowing, but I must say good night.

So, I'll leave you with one last Dolly photo (promise!).  Horace and the boys doing It Takes A Woman.
“One thing’s universal,

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #465 on: November 13, 2003, 10:57:00 PM »

Happy Cheescake George. I wish I could taste a piece.
I am very good at tasting(COSTCO inheritance)

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #466 on: November 13, 2003, 10:59:43 PM »

I wish I could stay beyond 2:00 AM but I promised myself(myself,I promised) to leave the vicinity at that time. Three minutes to go.

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #467 on: November 13, 2003, 11:00:29 PM »

We can't rely on DR Jed for late posts tonight so Mr \I has no idea what an "ascot" was. Here in Oz it is a cravat. I suppose a cravat is a neck tie in North America. Hey. At least I am posting.

I cannot speak for Canada, but in the United States, an ascot is an affectation!!

:)

George

« Reply #468 on: November 13, 2003, 11:01:03 PM »

I wish I could stay beyond 2:00 AM but I promised myself(myself,I promised) to leave the vicinity at that time. Three minutes to go.

Did you specify 2:00 am in your local time??  If not, you still have another three hours!!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2003, 11:01:37 PM by George »

Tomovoz

« Reply #469 on: November 13, 2003, 11:01:44 PM »

All these posts about "She Loves You" tonight Ann. I could not work out if you were going to see it with Jed or were indeed in the show. Whatever - enjoy. Is it on Saturday night?
James Thurber 1957

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #470 on: November 13, 2003, 11:02:37 PM »

I'm getting very heavy lidded myself.  Must have been all that spanish rice I got so much grief for having with mashed potatoes.

Maybe Tom and a few others can take this another 30 or so posts to the big 5-0-0!

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #471 on: November 13, 2003, 11:03:34 PM »

34 posts to go and I fear that we are losing our prevailing wind. Let me be surprised on the morrow! Good night to all and to all a good night.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2003, 11:07:18 PM by ArnoldMBrockman »

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #472 on: November 13, 2003, 11:04:17 PM »

Well, Tom, now that you bring that up, I was under the impression Ann would be in the show.

But that seems a tad presumptuous because surely she'd have alluded to being in something so lovely, wouldn't she?

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #473 on: November 13, 2003, 11:07:36 PM »

All right.  I give up the ghost at this point.

Good night, everyone.

It's been one HECK of a GREAT DAY at HHW.COM!!!

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #474 on: November 13, 2003, 11:16:24 PM »

Don't give up yet!!  I'm here to post some!
Jed and I are going to see She Loves Me at the University of Washington on Saturday night.  Neither of us are in it, but we both love the show.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #475 on: November 13, 2003, 11:17:58 PM »

And hopefully I will be taking a good pic of DR Jed with my digital camera so he can have a simply beautiful one posted on this site for all to see

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #476 on: November 13, 2003, 11:19:22 PM »

Holy moley on rye, on and on she goes and where she stops nobody knows.

It'll be open for at least another forty-five minutes, but at this point who cares - a truly amazing day and I have to believe we would be the envy of one and all and also all and one.

Tomovoz

« Reply #477 on: November 13, 2003, 11:24:19 PM »

Thank you Ann. We know you sing so thus the confusion. Have a wonderful night.
James Thurber 1957

George

« Reply #478 on: November 13, 2003, 11:25:52 PM »

Damn, damn, damn, damn, damn!  (a My Fair Lady reference.)  That's 5 damns.  >:(

I have no vanilla!  (extract, that is)  :'(

I was sure that I had vanilla.  I was absolutely convinced that I had vanilla!  I was so deluded into believing that I had vanilla that I didn't buy any when I was at the store this evening!

Damn and quadruple damn!

So, does cheesecake really need it?  I mean, it's only a teaspoon...not even a tablespoon.  Hey, I do have Irish Cream flavoring syrup (for Italian ices and things like that).  That might not be bad.   :-\  It's almost 11:30 and I'm going to experiment.   So there!   ;D

Tomovoz

« Reply #479 on: November 13, 2003, 11:27:51 PM »

I could of course post another 40 one line comments just to annoy Ron but alas it is not my nature. Memory for certain trivia but not one for trivial actions. Another two posts and I would have caught up to BK himself. I shall check back in a short while to see if someone has set the conversation alight again.
James Thurber 1957
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17   Go Up