Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: VERY INFORMATIVE NOTES IN A LIMITED KIND OF WAY  (Read 36763 times)

Jennifer

Re:VERY INFORMATIVE NOTES IN A LIMITED KIND OF WAY
« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2003, 09:39:13 AM »

OMG are you people crazy. I go to bed. And when I log on again, there are 7 more pages of posts! :)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2003, 09:40:01 AM »

Thanks for the correction. DR George, PLEASE let us know how it turned out. And if there is any way you could slip a piece into your disc drive and modem me a generous slice of it, I'd be VERY grateful!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #62 on: November 14, 2003, 09:41:36 AM »

Where is DR Joy?

Everytime anyone posts that, I think they are talking about Dr. Joy instead of our very own Joy.

Thank you all for your nice comments about the Dolly pictures.  I try not to be too self-indulgent, but I guess last night I was in a mood.  Besides, I do think I looked good in that red dress.

CD in the car:  Oliver - Still
CD in the house: Avenue Q
DVD:  Empty, but yearning for Finding Nemo
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #63 on: November 14, 2003, 09:41:39 AM »

As Lina Lamont said:

"If we can bring a little joy into your humdrum lives, then all our hard work ain't been in vain for nothing."
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jennifer

« Reply #64 on: November 14, 2003, 09:43:51 AM »

DR Emily wrote:
I'm breaking my own no post rule to give Jennifer a warning.

DO NOT GO SEE EVITA AS PUT ON BY MCGILL HILLEL!

YOU WILL BE SEVERELY DISAPPOINTED!

Raymond Zilberberg, who "happens" to be vice-president of Montreal Hillel and who "happens" to have an interest in directing "happens" to have convinced Hillel to give an outrageous amount of money each year (TOMMY last winter went to $28000) to stage a musical that his so-called production company just "happens" to want to put on.

The final result is always a really really really bad production - complete with off key male choruses, bad sound and the worst acting this side of Urban Cowboy.

I helped the lighting designer on their last project and was completely and utterly disgusted.  

It's a guy with too much power and money putting on a show that most CAMP PRODUCTIONS would best in quality.

Will it really be that bad? I also love Tommy and really wanted to see that last year.  Emily I suppose you are too young. But did you see Evita when it was performed by the Lyric theatre (some time in the last 10 years). It was incredible.

DR Emily wrote:
Oh and to all you SURVIVOR junkies...

I am SO glad Rupert was not booted today.  He's the only good part of this season...

I cannot figure out why they let him get the immunity. Even if they didn't want him to realize he was their target, they could have made certain that he still didn't win immunity.

DR Emily if you like Rupert you will be glad to know that it is rumored that he is in the upcoming All-Star edition.

Personally I loved him at the beginning, and now I really don't like him at all. He is a bully.  When he said last night, "if someone betrays me I will kill them" I just wanted to scream.  The people there are afraid of him.  And that should be unacceptable.  I think it's disgusting how he's been acting.  Btw, rumor has it he gets his light extinguished soon. I don't know if there is any truth to it. But I sort of hope so.  And I hope he doesn't see it coming :)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2003, 09:47:15 AM »

Maya:  I am glad you enjoyed my photos and my comments about beheading Macbeth.  I hope Metalhead didn't see the post.

Noel:  LOL.  You crack me up about running downstairs for more vanilla.  Obviously, you have never spent anytime in Olympia, Washington.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jennifer

« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2003, 09:48:31 AM »

DR Mark wrote last night:
Note to Dear Readers: Please don't spoil plots of shows (i.e. whoever did or didn't get booted off of Survivor) for earlier time zones. Please?

Actually for a second, I thought he was talking about me. Then I remembered that I purposely did not talk about the show when I logged on, even though I really wanted to!

Btw, Emily is right, it was after midnight when she posted.  And she actually didn't say who got voted off. She just said that she was happy her ape man stayed :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2003, 09:49:55 AM »

Maybe there are two boots of Gypsy, because mine spells Some People as Some Peple or something, and the rest of the inlay is riddled with obvious spelling errors.

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #68 on: November 14, 2003, 09:50:31 AM »

Maya:  I know your SECRET!  You're not "Maya" at all.  Your name is "Pollyanna"!  Go ahead...admit it!  :)

In admiration of your sunny disposition.....

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: November 14, 2003, 09:50:49 AM »

We're not crazy, we're just in love.

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #70 on: November 14, 2003, 09:51:53 AM »

Maybe there are two boots of Gypsy, because mine spells Some People as Some Peple or something, and the rest of the inlay is riddled with obvious spelling errors.

My favorite "consistent" misspelling is the use of "then" for "than" -- even when it has been pointed out to him time and again, he uses "then" every time!

Jennifer

« Reply #71 on: November 14, 2003, 09:52:45 AM »

DR Emily wrote:
François, I get Emilie a lot so no worries.

My parents were actually going to spell my name like that, but seeing as I was born during a brief stay in Toronto, they decided to go for the anglo spelling and not the French.

While I like both versions, I think having a "y" makes me unique in Quebec.  I am still trying to convince Fed Ex though that it is spelled "Emily" and not "Emilie" "Amelie" "Amely" "Emely" "Emelie" or any other variant except for the correct version.

I know most french kids named Emily use the spelling Emilie.  But I'm sure there are plenty of English speaking babies in Montreal with the same spelling as you.  I actually cannot get used to the IE spelling. Really don't like it.

Btw, will I ever finish reading yesterday's posts? (I did read the notes though!).

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #72 on: November 14, 2003, 09:53:12 AM »

I had to stop watching SURVIVOR several seasons ago. I just got too emotionally involved with some of the people, and I found my stomach tied in knots for the entire hour. It just wasn't a pleasant experience for me to watch it any more. But you DO get hooked once you start. I've been grateful that I had FRIENDS to watch to keep me from getting tempted into going back to SURVIVOR.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #73 on: November 14, 2003, 09:56:46 AM »

TCB-

I really REALLY enjoyed your pictures last night. A true sight(s) for sore eyes. I guess it really takes a woman and I am truly glad that your friendship with Sharry O'Hara has lasted professionally and personally for so many years.Do you have anything new coming up on the boards?

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #74 on: November 14, 2003, 10:06:00 AM »

Reality Show ALERT:  William E. Lurie, the next post is entirely about "Survivor":

Jennifer:  As is always the case, we see only bits and pieces of what's going on, and usually they're out of context.  Rupert's comment was about "Ryan" -- Ryan was trying to form a voting bloc of five to oust Rupert and the rest of his tribe.  At the time, there were 5 from one tribe and 4 from the other; Ryan, vastly unpopular among his own tribe, wanted to form an alliance/bloc with the smaller tribe and get rid of everyone in his old tribe (which, by the way, was hands-down the very best tribe of all the Survivor shows -- they exude teamwork, they play hard, they work hard and they win big).

Rupert and whoever he was talking to were discussing Ryan, and Rupert said, off the cuff, "I told him that if he ever betrayed me I'd kill him."  Well, Rupert isn't going to kill, or even hurt, anyone.  It's just talk.  And note that everyone voted for Ryan -- the other tribe didn't trust him anymore than his own tribe.  His offer was pretty good, too....it was a clear way of getting rid of the strong players -- the water bearers, the food providers.  At the end, of course, would be a few very tired, skinny, average schmoes limping about in exhaustion, unable to win any competition except by default.

CBS, on the other hand, wants nothing more than to maintain interest in the show.  When they cut it, they do their best to make you think things are going to go a different way than they have been going (and thus far, they haven't gone any way other than the way they went from the beginning -- the strong survive).

I cannot fathom what is coming next week -- Lil, rightly saying "I'm such a bitch" (we all have vindictiveness at our disposal, but we shouldn't be wearing Scouting uniforms when we display these traits), may be on her way out.

There's never been a "rumor" about "Survivor" that was true or founded in anything real....yet.  It's always just Internet gossip founded on nothing but titillation.

I think what we saw in the competition was a true indication of the worth/esteem in which Rupert is held by the combined tribe.  You may dislike him, but they obviously don't.

Except for evil John...the most worthless of all of them.  His chit is past due.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2003, 10:07:14 AM by Ron Pulliam »

MBarnum

« Reply #75 on: November 14, 2003, 10:09:47 AM »

Emily and Jennifer, I just want an explanation as to why (oh, why) did they vote out Ryan (Ryno) last night???? I can't figure that one out!

And I didn't know that Ryan had such a dislike of Kristen (is that her name? I forget now).

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #76 on: November 14, 2003, 10:12:34 AM »

Emily and Jennifer, I just want an explanation as to why (oh, why) did they vote out Ryan (Ryno) last night???? I can't figure that one out!

And I didn't know that Ryan had such a dislike of Kristen (is that her name? I forget now).

Ryan was a slacker.  He constantly complained and did little to help anyone.  It's not about looks on Survivor...it's about performance.

I'm guessing he was considered a limp noodle! :)

Krista's okay...she has the proper take on things.  But now the merged tribe has equal votes -- 4 from each of the original two tribes.

Things are getting heated.

Jennifer

« Reply #77 on: November 14, 2003, 10:12:44 AM »

DR JRand wrote:
DR Emily - I applauded you to make up the diff.  I think it must be a mistake.  Of course, I have been stuck at 19 for several days.  Must be some Allison naysayers around HHW.

How is that people keep making this error? If I applaud I ALWAYS verify that the number goes up.

Hmmm, it seems that when you get karma taken away all of a sudden everyone gives you more!

Or when you mention you've been stuck at a certain ammount!

I think I've been at 16 for quite some time :)

DR WEL wrote:
Why is it that even though I click the "Always Stay Logged On" box I still have to log in once in a while?
It's happened only once at home, but it happens every couple of days at work.

Btw, this has actually been happening to me as well.
Also, sometimes when I go to haineshisway.com/community it says "guest" at the top. But when I click on "discussions" it logs me in automatically. Don't know what that is about.

But I have had to actually type in my login quite a few times.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2003, 10:16:25 AM by Jennifer »

MBarnum

« Reply #78 on: November 14, 2003, 10:14:10 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]More Survivor Talk:[/move]
Ron, oh boy do I agree with you on John. Why is that no good still on the island!! It is painful for me to even watch that little twirp!

Why would people not like Ryan? I don't get that. He seems like such a nice guy. He had become one of my favorites...now that he and Andrew are gone I only have Tijuana. Although I do get a kick out of Rupert and Burton has gotten back my respect.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #79 on: November 14, 2003, 10:15:02 AM »

In the CD:  Dick Powell, ON THE AVENUE.  Just finished watching DAMES on TCM with breakfast.

Carry-over from last night.  When I saw the Ruthie Henshall SHE LOVES ME in London at the Savoy in July of '94,  the cast was doing American accents.  My wife and I both commented on it, because a couple of them were a bit dicey...and we both can recognize a British and an American accent (even a dicey American one done by a Brit).  The show was staged by the same folk who did the Roundabout production (though this cast was totally new and British), so maybe it was a directorial carry-over from there that was later gotten rid of.  Beats me.  It makes no sense.

John Gordon Sinclair is actually Scottish, having made a hit in a movie when he was a teenager called Gregory's Girl.  He and Ruthie Henshall were an item during the run of SHE LOVES ME and for awhile after, but they broke up and, I believe, never got back together.  Nor are they married, to the best of my knowledge.

MBarnum

« Reply #80 on: November 14, 2003, 10:17:10 AM »

In the CD:  Dick Powell, ON THE AVENUE.  

I did not know there were any Dick Powell CDs out!!! Hmmm...I think my credit card is quivering  :D

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #81 on: November 14, 2003, 10:22:03 AM »

I bought this Dick Powell years ago.  Who knows whether it is still out.

William E. Lurie

« Reply #82 on: November 14, 2003, 10:24:55 AM »

Matt---

When you listen to "Satin and Spurs" you will discover that Livingston & Evans later used one of the songs in "Oh! Captain".  The best part of the CD are all the extra Betty Hutton songs after the ones from the tv "spectacular".

DRs - If you have not yet listened to Donald's show this week do so at once before it is changed.  Although all his shows are good this one is the best yet.  I won't give away the theme but it is not about a show whose name is mentioned in the title.
Years from now when you talk of this --- and you will --- be kind.

Jennifer

« Reply #83 on: November 14, 2003, 10:26:36 AM »

Is it really that cold DR Emily?  When I checked the weather channel it said -16C with windchill. Obviously that is still freezing. I am not happy. Cause my room was very cold last night. The wind was crazy.  I am now wearing a scarf and jacket inside. And I suspect I will probably get sick again.

Maya

• I've always wanted to see the lights of Broadway..
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #84 on: November 14, 2003, 10:36:15 AM »

Arnold--I am Lady Macduff in the play.  She's the one who gets killed...oh wait...that would be 3 quarters of the characters, hehe!

TCB--LOL!  I like that, Metalhead...henceforth he is Metalhead to me.  No he didn't see the post.  He did hear me laughing and asked what was so funny (we're at the point where we can be civil if not friendly to each other), but I just said something really vague to the effect of "One  of my friends on the theatre website I go to posted a funny comment about a leading lady we don't like."  I do have the talent of thinking fast on my feet when I need to!

Ron--Moi?   A Pollyanna, lol?  Hmmm...I can actually be quite cynical at times about things, but I try to be very positive when it comes to other people and relationships...things like that.  Thanks for the compliment!  If I ever seem Pollyannaish to the point where its verging on Mary Sunshine though, please let me know, and I will be sure to say something jaded and cynical!

I love Ruthie Henshall...and Ute Lemper.  Did anyone actually see them in Chicago???

Jennifer

« Reply #85 on: November 14, 2003, 10:40:24 AM »

MORE SURVIVOR TALK.

DR Ron: I actually disagree with much of what you said.  I think the rumors at canoe are very well researched. And it would not surprise me at all if many of them come true.

I do realize that they edit the show a certain way.  But I don't necessarily think that everyone is so fond of Rupert.  Even Krista and Saundra were talking about getting rid of him.  I actually thought that was horrible of them, since he would NEVER do that to them.

I don't think Ryan was a slacker. In fact when Rupert went over to the other tribe, Ryan was the one he got along with best. They fished and worked together.

You say that Rupert wasn't going to hurt anyone. I disagree. He was so mad that time when John voted against him. He went ballistic. I don't think it's appropriate to threaten people. That guy gets so mad when anyone goes against him.

I think that Burton and John and Lil will get rid of Rupert (maybe even next week). The alliance of Burton and Lil is strong. And I think it could go very far.  They know they need to get rid of Rupert and soon. The thing I don't get is why they let him get immunity.  I think it is because 1) they didn't want to give Rupert the heads up as to what was happening and 2) they want to get rid of any outsiders first.

Rupert said why he got rid of Ryan. They felt that after Andrew he was the leader. He was a threat because he was trying to get Burton and Lill and John to vote with him and T and Darrah. Then they could have picked off Rupert's tribe one by one.

Right now Burton is my favorite.  It is a bit weird that he sided with Rupert and let John and Lil vote off Ryan. But I think they figured that if they voted off Krista, that would give Rupert too much notice, to realize that he was next.

Jennifer

« Reply #86 on: November 14, 2003, 10:42:38 AM »

MORE SURVIVOR TALK:

please refresh as i'm editing this

DR Ron wrote:
Krista's okay...she has the proper take on things.  But now the merged tribe has equal votes -- 4 from each of the original two tribes.

Yes but remember Burton has Lil in his pocket. So Burton, Lil, John, Darrah and T can get rid of the other 3. I personally hope they get rid of Saundra first. She makes me crazy.

DR Ron wrote:
I cannot fathom what is coming next week -- Lil, rightly saying "I'm such a bitch" (we all have vindictiveness at our disposal, but we shouldn't be wearing Scouting uniforms when we display these traits), may be on her way out.

I think Lil is saying that because she is forced to lie to Rupert. He thinks she is with him, and she will betray him.

The funny thing is one of the rumors involves there being a huge lie being told on the show.  Some say it may have to do with Lil.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2003, 10:45:51 AM by Jennifer »

Jennifer

« Reply #87 on: November 14, 2003, 10:47:43 AM »

Maya asked about seeing Ruthie in Chicago.  I saw her with Sandy Duncan.

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #88 on: November 14, 2003, 10:48:41 AM »

In the CD player:  Wagner's Gotterdammerung
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #89 on: November 14, 2003, 10:53:30 AM »

Jennifer - you mean they were in the audience, right? ;D

DR Ron - did your package come in the mail yet?   8)

Dick Powell is out? ::)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2003, 10:54:23 AM by JRand53 »
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13   Go Up