Re:TLC
« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2005, 08:58:33 AM »

YEAH!

PAGE THREE!!!
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2005, 09:21:01 AM »

That calls for a page 3 dance, don't you think?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #62 on: July 27, 2005, 09:24:34 AM »

Warning, Warning...reality show talk ahead!

Regarding BB6:

I really hate to see Eric leave. I like him and Maggie. But it does seem I am in the minority on that....but can someone tell me why James keeps saying that Eric screwed him over? I don't remember Eric doing anything bad to him (or anyone else). He did make a lot of deals with people that if they got HOH they wouldn't put him on the block, but I don't see anything wrong with that.

As you know I really like Kaysar...he is a smart player, but I wish he would have kept his word to Eric. I was disappointed that he did not. Also, I am afraid that others will use that against him in the future saying that they can't trust him because he didn't keep his word to Eric.

MORE SPOILERS:

Eric, Ivette and April are three vicious gossips...each conflates things way out of proportion...and then they lie to make it even more conflated...until each believes what he or she has just conflated.

Watching the live feeds, you get a true sense of everyone's nature.

Before Eric was HOH, he embraced an idea James cooked up to cast doubts on people.  James would vote for Kaysar (instead of the hated Ashlea) for eviction, and Eric would use that extra vote as a tool against someone among the houseguests -- proof that someone had betrayed the "core alliance."  Eric LOVED and endorsed it.

As HOH, Eric started asking folks who they thought had voted against the “core alliance” (ie., the folks sending Ashlea home vice Kaysar).  This, of course, brought out the names of “unpopular” folks, including Michael (who, in fact, did not vote to eliminate his “partner” in the house).   Folks who weren't bright enough to have figured out the "pairs" in the house were turning on Michael before April complained about Michael being too hands-on.  Eric used the lie that Michael had voted against the “core” and the “sexual harassment” charge that Eric conflated beyond belief (anyone ever wonder why Howie is exempted with his trash mouth and suggestive language) to work up animosity toward Michael.  He even went so far as to “order” Michael to stop being friendly with Janelle, who was “the enemy.”  (The “core” having identified a pecking order that included Ashlea, Michael, Janelle and Kaysar as first targets for eviction).  Michael told Eric several times where he could put his advice.

Eric, knowing that he was putting up Janelle and Michael, made an offer to Kaysar promising not to nominate him in return for the same favor down the road.  Kaysar agreed.  At the time, Kaysar was not aware of this manipulation, but he did know of the pact Eric had with Michael..  Michael was railroaded by Eric and April, the latter of whom has spread vicious lies about everyone she doesn't like over and over, making them worse each time she tells them.

All of that was Eric’s first major blunder in the house.  Lies, deceit, broken promises and over-inflated ego are his worst traits.

Bottom line:  Eric formed an alliance with Michael, and then he put Michael up.  From that, both James and Kaysar concluded that Eric didn't merit any more special treatment than he accorded Michael.

Eric claims Kaysar made a promise on his life.  Bull-s**t.  Kaysar never said anything "on his life."  That's conflation, Eric-style.

When Kaysar won HOH, Eric reminded him of his promise not to nominate him.  Kaysar agreed.  James went to Kaysar and made a case for himself.  Kaysar agreed not to nominate him.

Ivette and Eric and April and Maggie, however, were plotting and scheming and trying to come up with ways to use Kaysar to their advantage.  One way was to put Ivette up against Janelle.  Eric thought that was a good idea and that with the power of veto they could save Ivette and convince Kaysar to put up James!!!!  There, Eric was stabbing his right-hand man in the back!!  I don't recall who it was sitting there with them -- Rachel or Howie, but this plotting got back to James.  And the James-Eric alliance was shattered all to hell.

Kaysar did not want James on the block, but he also wanted to trust James.  He cornered James about his relationship with Sarah.  James denied everything.  And Kaysar decided he couldn't trust James.

Bottom line:  He nominated James and Maggie (a huge dig at Eric) and organized an alliance with Janelle, James, Sarah, Howie and Rachel to go full-bore in the veto competition to save James.  (James and Sarah were finally honest with Kaysar when they formed the alliance).  There was much drama and goings-on and plotting and scheming among the six.  The Eric team sat in the hot tub and trashed everyone who wasn't them...totally oblivious to every problem other than that Maggie had been nominated.  And even then, Eric always made it about "him" rather than Maggie.

It was clear, after nominations, that Kaysar had done what he set out to do.  

We now saw what happened during veto competition.  Sadly, it was Maggie versus the alliance (Ivette doesn't count because she's basically clueless about strategy).  It broke my heart to actually see Maggie realizing what was happening.  She did not get a fair shot at saving herself.  But, then, she's never been a target.  Now she accepts that she is a pawn, but she's unhappy about Eric leaving.

IMO, Eric gets his just desserts for backstabbing and lying to advance himself, and he gets a dose of what he did to others.  From the beginning, he was determined to be "the man in charge" and he's done everything he could to be that man.  In a house full of bright, savvy people, however, dictatorship doesn't fly.

Eric has deluded himself into believing he's leaving with his morals intact and as the bigger man.

I can't wait for Marcellus' interview with him on Friday!!!!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2005, 09:31:12 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #63 on: July 27, 2005, 09:26:48 AM »

Marcellus?  Washburn?

I'm up, I'm up.

And since I'm up, I may as well TRANSMOGRIFY, baby, TRANSMOGRIFY!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: July 27, 2005, 09:27:22 AM »

I do love our Time Machine topics o' the day - they're always so fascinating.  Also fascinating is rhythm.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #65 on: July 27, 2005, 09:31:44 AM »

Weather report:

At 12:30, it was 95 here. Ouch!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jason

« Reply #66 on: July 27, 2005, 09:33:12 AM »

I'd like to have been present for the recordings of OKLAHOMA! and CAROUSEL. I do so love that Carousel Waltz...

As I was leaving my apartment this morning (around 8:45), I looked at the thermostat that controls our heater. Even though the heater isn't on, the thermostat still reads the temperature. Anyway, the temperature in our living room was a chilly 91 degrees. 91 DEGREES!!! That's not right....

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #67 on: July 27, 2005, 09:35:51 AM »

The marine layer is presently covering all of the San Francisco Bay area that I can see (SF to Oakland to Berkely and due south).  The temperature is 57 degrees.

Brrrrrrr!

(I overestimated current temp on first go-round)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2005, 09:41:36 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matt H.

« Reply #68 on: July 27, 2005, 09:36:17 AM »

I'm going out to lunch with friends today, but again, we will be wilting in the heat. Obviously, we won't be going to any outdoor restaurants for lunch. But walking out of anywhere that's air-conditioned into this hot, rancid air makes a full stomach very queasy. At least, it does mine.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2005, 09:38:24 AM by Matt H. »

Matt H.

« Reply #69 on: July 27, 2005, 09:37:38 AM »

The marine layer is presently covering all of the San Francisco Bay area that I can see (SF to Oakland to Berkely and due south).  The temperature is about 65 degrees.

Brrrrrrr!

To luive in California and yet have moderate temperatures like that for this time of year. Oh, it must be close to paradise.

Matt H.

« Reply #70 on: July 27, 2005, 09:39:33 AM »

Argh! The mail hasn't arrived yet. I'm on pins and needles waiting for packages to come.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: July 27, 2005, 09:42:09 AM »

Or I could go back to an early BABES IN TOYLAND recording session and take good notes, so Elmore would have to pay me large amounts of money for my knowledge.

I could do a book alone about my BABES IN TOYLAND sessions and what a horror some of the personnel involved could be!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #72 on: July 27, 2005, 09:52:12 AM »

And the word of the day is: TRANSMOGRIFY!
Let's change that word!

A Stringy Form!

Farming Story!

Marrying Soft!

It's Angry Form!

Martyrs of Gin!

:D
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #73 on: July 27, 2005, 10:01:27 AM »

The image of our esteemed BK carrying around a pile of dirty laundry defies the imagination.   :-\
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: July 27, 2005, 10:05:48 AM »

In addition to defying the imagination, I'll also be defying gravity.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #75 on: July 27, 2005, 10:14:16 AM »

No no no - not Defying Gravity!!!!  

Matthew

« Reply #76 on: July 27, 2005, 10:14:49 AM »

3 more posts to a new personal "Best"

Matthew

« Reply #77 on: July 27, 2005, 10:17:14 AM »

TOD - would love to have witnessed any Laurie Beechman recording, as well as her Joseph recording.  Also, would love to have been there for the recording of "Aspects of Love" and "Sunset Blvd" (the Glenn Close version)

Matthew

« Reply #78 on: July 27, 2005, 10:17:28 AM »

2 more

Matthew

« Reply #79 on: July 27, 2005, 10:18:07 AM »

new personal best - 400!!!!  

Matthew

« Reply #80 on: July 27, 2005, 10:18:33 AM »

And still a St Member... oh well!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #81 on: July 27, 2005, 10:20:38 AM »

It's the end of TV Guide as we know it.

They've announced that the digest will TRANSMOGRIFY into a full-size magazine, carrying limited television listing and containing more articles on TV shows and stars.

Feh!  I think the majority of us here have already given up on it.  The last time I bought it, it was useful only as a coaster for a cold drink on a hot humid day.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaďs Nin

Ben

« Reply #82 on: July 27, 2005, 10:30:09 AM »

Matthew, you need 99 more posts to reach the Clouds (God Status), so get postin' young man ;)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: July 27, 2005, 10:34:48 AM »

TV Guide is a joke now.  I used to buy it every week, all the way through the mid-eighties.  I couldn't WAIT to get it, and I'd circle every TV show and movie that I wanted to watch.  It was especially fun all throughout the 70s when I was working, because I'd look for all the shows I'd guested on.  Does Michael Shayne know we discovered another TV show I was in - The Bob Crane Show?
And does he know about If I Had a Million?

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #84 on: July 27, 2005, 10:40:22 AM »

At the moment, waiting until we have new kitchen and stereo cabinets, our CD’s have been packed away.  I don’t even know where Keith put them.  I should find out so I can transfer a few into my car.  Bruce, I’m sorry to say, until I have a new CD player I won’t be purchasing any CD’s.

What??  I started buying CDs FOUR YEARS before I ever got a CD player!  Don't wait.  The CDs that you want might become out of print...this is not a good thing. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jason

« Reply #85 on: July 27, 2005, 10:49:23 AM »

The current temperature in the City of New York is 95 degrees with a heat index of 108. Tonight, though, it's supposed to drop to 77 degrees! Oh, joy! Rapture!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: July 27, 2005, 10:53:42 AM »

I shall now be on my way to the dry cleaners, then on to Grant's.

Stuart

• No one is alone.....
« Reply #87 on: July 27, 2005, 11:01:04 AM »

The current temperature in the City of New York is 95 degrees with a heat index of 108. Tonight, though, it's supposed to drop to 77 degrees! Oh, joy! Rapture!

You're getting my weather, a day later, as it wends southeast.  Yesterday, Rochester was in the high 90s, and horribly humid.  Today, rain, and a much more comfortable 69 degrees.  And surprisingly less humid.  I never understand that while actively raining, it can be less humid than when it is not precipitating.  Kooky, huh?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #88 on: July 27, 2005, 11:01:20 AM »

No no no - not Defying Gravity!!!!  

Yes, YES, YES

"And nobody in all of Oz
No wizard that there is or was
Is ever gonna bring ME Down!"
« Last Edit: July 27, 2005, 11:02:56 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #89 on: July 27, 2005, 11:03:57 AM »

I shall now be on my way to the dry cleaners, then on to Grant's.

Every time you say you are on your way to Grant's, I think you mean the department store:

...and I think, "Gee--I guess they still have Grant's in California."
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaďs Nin
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up