Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: I'M DANCING AS FAST AS I CAN  (Read 37599 times)

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
Re:I'M DANCING AS FAST AS I CAN
« Reply #60 on: August 03, 2005, 08:33:19 AM »

All right, I've bought this Liquid Paper Dryline Grip; it's pretty good, since there's no paper strip, but it's bad because it doesn't want to work with anything but a ballpoint pen, and I'm using indelible ink and felt pens.  But it's a great solution for the most part.

Oh gosh. I'm sorry. I always use ballpoint so that didn't occur to me.... I hope the headaches are gone at least

:-*
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Jennifer

« Reply #61 on: August 03, 2005, 08:34:47 AM »

Btw, I did like the Forgotten.  It was quite tense and entertaining.  I just like things to make sense to me.  I know there are a lot of movies that use elements that are not real.  But it makes it harder to accept when they change the rules near the end.

Anyhow sorry for being vague. You'll understand when you watch it.

vixmom

« Reply #62 on: August 03, 2005, 08:35:56 AM »

pAGE tHREE dANCE

AS FAST AS i CAN

vixmom

« Reply #63 on: August 03, 2005, 08:38:19 AM »

Jennifer

« Reply #64 on: August 03, 2005, 08:38:24 AM »

This article about manners at the theatre reminded me of what happened last week at MAMMA MIA.  Now I like kids a lot.  But I have little patience for people without manners at the theatre.

Anyhow there were a lot of kids at the show.  And most of them were very well behaved.  But there was a little girl sitting behind me (maybe 6 or 7). And i could tell that she was going to aggravate me.  It seemed like her parents had not prepared her about the story of the show.  Or told her how to behave (not to talk...).

Well in the first 15 minutes, she asked so many questions, made so many comments, it was just driving me crazy.  So i quietly turned around to her father and asked if he could please ask her to stop talking since i could not hear what was happening on stage.

He did. She stopped. And that was that.

I turned around and thanked him (although i thought he might be annoyed at me).  I did feel bad, even though i said it nicely.

But IMO you need to tell kids that they cannot talk BEFORE the show starts.  I'm guessing nobody else would have asked her to shut up.  And she would have ruined the show for everyone around her.

http://www.thejournalnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050801/LIFESTYLE01/508010347/1031

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #65 on: August 03, 2005, 08:48:51 AM »

I have been arranging things like magazines and books to put in my tote to carry on the plane. Otherwise, I have noi idea what clothes will be coming with me.

Well first things first after all, DR MATTH!  ;D
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

FJL

« Reply #66 on: August 03, 2005, 08:49:41 AM »

DR Ben - Thanks for the lowdown on how many posts get you what title.  And I hope you weren't offended the other day by my recounting the trauma I felt as a child from the movie poster for BEN.  :)  Or the song of that title, for that matter!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #67 on: August 03, 2005, 08:51:33 AM »

Yes, DRJASON.  And I have passed said information along.  As I wrote you secondly, it may all come to nothing.

Slings and arrows from the community are not always a bad thing!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #68 on: August 03, 2005, 08:52:09 AM »

MR BK - I love the mini-LP concept!

Almost as much as I love butterscotch topping on vanilla ice cream!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #69 on: August 03, 2005, 08:53:33 AM »

DRELMORE - glad it sort of worked for you and was not a complete failure since you made the special trip!

Thanks for PIPPIN selections, MR BK.  All fine choices.  I am not tired of listening to the score yet, and every number is a favorite, until the next one comes along!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #70 on: August 03, 2005, 08:53:54 AM »

Of course, since I am in rehearsal, the time of the chat is a moot point in this corner.

FJL

« Reply #71 on: August 03, 2005, 08:57:14 AM »

DR Jose - I figured there'd be pictures somewhere of the Lauren Bacall dance with Curtis and Tom, since it was at a wedding, but I'd never seen them.  

Hope the show's going great.

Jason

« Reply #72 on: August 03, 2005, 08:58:30 AM »

FJL, I hope this doesn't scar you for life - I just think it's hilarious!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: August 03, 2005, 08:59:18 AM »

DRELMORE - glad it sort of worked for you and was not a complete failure since you made the special trip!

I greatly appreciate the help you and DRVixmom gave me! I never even knew of this gizmo until now.

As I work, I've been listening to CDs; Mr Guy Haines' fabulous song from THE COURT JESTER lured me into listening to the Varese Sarabande recording of the songs with HANS CHRISTIAN ANDERSEN.  Now I'm listening to SONDHEIM AT THE MOVIES; I think my faves are "What Can You Lose?" and "The Glamorous Life."  I'm rather proud of that.

On a sadder note, fashion designer Donald Brooks, who designed PROMISES, PROMISES and ON A CLEAR DAY died recently.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

FJL

« Reply #74 on: August 03, 2005, 09:06:51 AM »

DR Jason - Oddly, the only time the memory of the rat movie posters came back to me were when I was walking from the creepy, dingy subway area to my aunt/uncle/grandma's lovely bungalow in Far Rockaway.  I associated them with the neighborhood.  The rat posters were everywhere in that area for weeks, plastered several posters across and several levels down.    

But thanks for posting this rat poster - it solidified for me once and for all that I've gotten over it.  Much cheaper than therapy.

vixmom

« Reply #75 on: August 03, 2005, 09:06:55 AM »

This article about manners at the theatre reminded me of what happened last week at MAMMA MIA.  Now I like kids a lot.  But I have little patience for people without manners at the theatre.

Anyhow there were a lot of kids at the show.  And most of them were very well behaved.  But there was a little girl sitting behind me (maybe 6 or 7). And i could tell that she was going to aggravate me.  It seemed like her parents had not prepared her about the story of the show.  Or told her how to behave (not to talk...).

Well in the first 15 minutes, she asked so many questions, made so many comments, it was just driving me crazy.  So i quietly turned around to her father and asked if he could please ask her to stop talking since i could not hear what was happening on stage.

He did. She stopped. And that was that.

I turned around and thanked him (although i thought he might be annoyed at me).  I did feel bad, even though i said it nicely.

But IMO you need to tell kids that they cannot talk BEFORE the show starts.  I'm guessing nobody else would have asked her to shut up.  And she would have ruined the show for everyone around her.

http://www.thejournalnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050801/LIFESTYLE01/508010347/1031

Thanks for the link.  I think the remark by Don Summa showed how clearly he missed the point.

He thinks the no candy/ no cell phone/ no talkig request is solely fore the benefit of the actors who will lose their concentration and be unable to act?  I guess he is one of those ignorant imbeciles to whom it doesn't occur that the other audience memebers may have attended in order to actually hear and see the actors perform,

I was at a performanace of Phantom about 15 years ago when a middleaged guy with a pretty young thing on his arm,  sitting a row behind and across the aisle from me,  was loudly explaining how the special effects were achieved

Everyone around him tried giving him the evil eye, then then quiet "sssshh" sounds to no avail.  Finally someone said to him in as loud a tone as he was using "Moron. we didn't come here to hear YOU!!"

He finally shut up.  

Jason

« Reply #76 on: August 03, 2005, 09:09:45 AM »

I'm happy to post rat posters all day if it will help you. :-)

By the way (BTW in internet lingo), I think you and I may have met, FJL. A group of us from MTI came to see STARFIGHTER. Do you remember meeting any of us?

Jason

« Reply #77 on: August 03, 2005, 09:18:08 AM »

I just read on Playbill.com that Rosie O'Donnell may be coming in as Golde in FIDDLER on B'way until it closes. Or maybe she's coming in to ENSURE it closes!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2005, 09:18:43 AM by Jason »

FJL

« Reply #78 on: August 03, 2005, 09:18:13 AM »

Jason, if you were part of the group that came the first weekend, I think you may have met Skip.  I was such a basket case that first weekend (at least until a couple on online reviews and comments came out) that I spent most of the intermissions hanging out in the production office with the artistic director.  :)  

Jason

« Reply #79 on: August 03, 2005, 09:21:57 AM »

I honestly can't remember who we met. That seems like so long ago, but it's been less than a year! Who was the chorus kid with the amazing legs in the short shorts and tube socks? Quite distracting, I must say... :)

FJL

« Reply #80 on: August 03, 2005, 09:22:16 AM »

Oops, sorry Jason, you said MTI and I read it as MIT.  It was the MIT group that came the first weekend.  

Yes, we made darn sure to shake the hand of everyone form MTI who came, IIRC!!!  So I'm sure we met.  Michael lives in our building, BTW.

Ginny

« Reply #81 on: August 03, 2005, 09:23:04 AM »

New job congratulations to TPunk!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: August 03, 2005, 09:24:20 AM »

Tower Lincoln Center finally confirmed and even upped their initial order of CDs - those are going out today, so New Yorkers will be able to find our CDs exclusively in Tower.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #83 on: August 03, 2005, 09:26:55 AM »

Good morning, fellow Dear Readers.

Last night the desert was treated to a lovely monsoon storm. First a huge wall of dust blew through the city. Then came the flashing lightening and the booming thunder and RAIN. This morning, the desert is soggy and the air is very humid. The skies are still gray -- but it is only 75F outside! So I went for a walk. Nice day for a walk, but bad skies for photos.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #84 on: August 03, 2005, 09:27:41 AM »

I startled this flock of cowbirds:
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #85 on: August 03, 2005, 09:30:05 AM »

Amazon has increased its order?

Must be the ONE review that is on the site there! :)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #86 on: August 03, 2005, 09:30:46 AM »

DR LAURA your pictures are better than the ones on my calendar!

FJL

« Reply #87 on: August 03, 2005, 09:33:53 AM »

Jason - the kid with the amazing legs?  You must be talking about Heather Spore in the Miss July costume, right?   She was the talk of my office after they all came to see the show.

Actually, I assume you're talking about either Brad Coolidge (dark hair) or Jonathan Richard Sandler (blonde hair).  One day, the director sat down next to me and said seriously "We're thinking of getting one of the guys' shirts off in the Spring Break number."  They tried it once and basically decided it would be TOO distracting.

Is that my 51st post?  Am I a Junior Memeber now?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #88 on: August 03, 2005, 09:34:42 AM »

My second question for ASK BK day:

Have you ever on first viewing or hearing really disliked a movie, song, or record....but as time went on, your opinion became not only favorable, but downright jubilant?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #89 on: August 03, 2005, 09:35:35 AM »

Yes it is and yes you are, DR FJL.

And congrats to DR TPUNK on her employment news!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Up