Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: I'M DANCING AS FAST AS I CAN  (Read 37600 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
I'M DANCING AS FAST AS I CAN
« on: August 03, 2005, 12:06:29 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, you've danced to the notes, and now it is time to post until the dancing cows come home - they studied with Arthur Mooray you know.  We don't allow groaning here at haineshisway.com.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2005, 12:08:19 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:I'M DANCING AS FAST AS I CAN
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2005, 12:08:32 AM »

And the word of the day is: STENTORIAN!

Tomovoz

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2005, 12:23:51 AM »

I didn't quite catch the word of the day. Someone was speaking too loudly.

Lloyd Price sang "Question" but I can't think of one now.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2005, 12:32:10 AM »

And now - Dino at the piano.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2005, 03:38:40 AM »

Good morning, all!  All of this inhaling of Liquid Paper fumes is killing me!  I will be glad when this GOLDEN APPLE cleanup is finished, but the regular nausea and headache is not fun.  While I was dividing the job with DARLING OF THE DAY, I didn't realize the problem, but yesterday after sniffing Liquid Paper all day, I realized the source of my ailments of the past week.  

So, the problems with contracts and payments on the show continue, and I do not understand the reasons for them:  I'm due one more final payment, but my copyist is now suffering all the frustrations I've been going through since last November.  Nearly a year now, and no contracts: I have never before encountered on any job such poor business practice.

So, Dear Friend BK, when's the next live chat?  
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ben

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2005, 03:59:50 AM »

TPunk, great news about GMHC. You will kind of be in our neighborhood. We're at 16th Street and you will be at 24th Street.

FJL, 51 posts puts you at Junior Member if I recall correctly and then 101 posts makes you a Full Member and finally 501 posts makes you an HHW God. There are no other changes after that although when you see your numbers creeping up toward 1000 or 10,000 (BK & JRand have hit that mark) you realize how much time you can spend here  :)

Well, I have no questions at the moment and I must begin working. It's the difficult time of the year for me. We have begun our annual overtime crunch so I'm working early morning hours and beginning this Saturday (August 6th) I will be in the office also through October 22nd. Ugh.

I'll be back.

Michael

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2005, 03:59:56 AM »

Good morning, all!  All of this inhaling of Liquid Paper fumes is killing me!  I will be glad when this GOLDEN APPLE cleanup is finished, but the regular nausea and headache is not fun.  

Why inhale? There are other products that you can use. There is a pratically good one that is a small container and covers one line at a time. Don;t know the name of it. But take a look for it.
Never stop dreaming.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2005, 05:11:59 AM »

Why inhale? There are other products that you can use. There is a pratically good one that is a small container and covers one line at a time. Don;t know the name of it. But take a look for it.

DRMichaelShayne, if I knew what it was, weren't on a deadline, and knew that this product was as good for rewriting on score paper, I'd do so.  I have to have this clean up done by monday:  it will take two weeks to scan the new masters and to print new parts for the concert, which is August 28th. This would put the orchestra rehearsals sometime between Aug 21 and 27!  I do appreciate your concern, but I'm screwed.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2005, 05:16:17 AM »

I have used the product DRMS is talking about.  Hmmmm....not sure of the name either, or its suitability for writing OVER it.  
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2005, 05:17:19 AM »

My first question for ASK BK day:

What is your favorite song from PIPPIN?  And if it is Magic to Do, what is your SECOND favorite song from PIPPIN?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2005, 05:24:13 AM »

Still waiting to hear from DRJASON!  

DRELMORE - it is called CORRECTION TAPE.  8)

http://www01.quillcorp.com/Catalog/Browse/Sku.asp?PageType=1&sku=003436&EFFORT_CODE=902&FIND_NUMBER=WOTAPP11

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2005, 05:41:14 AM »

Still waiting to hear from DRJASON!  

DRELMORE - it is called CORRECTION TAPE.  8)

http://www01.quillcorp.com/Catalog/Browse/Sku.asp?PageType=1&sku=003436&EFFORT_CODE=902&FIND_NUMBER=WOTAPP11

Yhank you, dear friend!  It doesn't look as expedient a solution as Liquid Paper, alas.  You simply cover the old note, redraw the bar line in ink and write in the new note.  And pass out from the fumes.

Kerry

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2005, 05:45:05 AM »

Elmore- the correction tape works quite well--you can instantly write over it without getting gunk on your pen and no fumes.  Secretaral tip of the day.

Bruce, you siad you and Vinnie were going to put the whipped cream on Stages.  Please leave off the whippped cream when it's done and you ship mine.  I love whipped cream (and a cherry), but I don't think it will ship well.

I like boat races.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2005, 05:53:28 AM »

Someone served me something last weekend that I had never had....but now I am in search of it.

Butterscotch whipped cream!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2005, 05:55:09 AM »

DR ELMORE - next time you're in an Office store, pick one up.  You might be surprised.  It really is convenient and every bit as effective as LP.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2005, 06:09:20 AM »

Last night, bk wrote:  "MattH, as you've read here, I have three of the four Fox releases for next week.  The only one I haven't got is A Tree Grows in Brooklyn."

BK, I do read the notes every day, but I can only remember your discussing THE MAN IN THE GREY FLANNEL SUIT. Has my senile brain forgotten thoughts about CHARLOTTE and CHICAGO?
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2005, 06:28:56 AM »

Yhank you, dear friend!  It doesn't look as expedient a solution as Liquid Paper, alas.  You simply cover the old note, redraw the bar line in ink and write in the new note.  And pass out from the fumes.
There are several different brands of correction tape.

I prefer the Liquid Paper brand called Dryline Grip.  You can get one at any Staples, OfficeMax, Duane Reades.

I use it constantly at work.. no fumes, you can immediately write over it and it doesn't leave a shadow when you photocopy.  I do recommend you give it a try dear elmore

http://www.staples.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?ts=1123075833911&categoryId=10222&catalogId=10051&firstlevelCategoryId=12299&cmArea=&secondlevelCatName=Writing+%26+Correction&prodCatType=0&langId=-1&secondlevelCategoryId=10057&storeId=10001&firstlevelCatName=Office+Supplies
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Matt H.

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2005, 06:32:02 AM »

ANd now that I have read this morning's notes, I see you're going to be discussing CHARLOTTE. But you haven't watched IN OLD CHICAGO yet, I'm assuming?

Hey, I guess that's a question for today's Ask BK Day!  :D

Matt H.

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2005, 06:37:42 AM »

I'm on-line a little earlier than usual. I have a full day today including packing for my NYC trip, getting various household chores done, waiting for my friend to arrive who's accompanying me to NYC and going out to dinner with him and the OTHER friend who's also going to NYC.

A full day. I'd also like to watch some things already on the DVR including RENO 911!, THE FORGOTTEN (Julianne Moore movie), and TO HAVE AND HAVE NOT which I also recorded the other night. I know I won't get all of that watched, but I'll make an effort.

Matt H.

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2005, 06:41:00 AM »

OK, a really full morning so I need to get going. I'll check back in later.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2005, 06:44:51 AM »

There are several different brands of correction tape.

I prefer the Liquid Paper brand called Dryline Grip.  You can get one at any Staples, OfficeMax, Duane Reades.

I use it constantly at work.. no fumes, you can immediately write over it and it doesn't leave a shadow when you photocopy.  I do recommend you give it a try dear elmore

http://www.staples.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?ts=1123075833911&categoryId=10222&catalogId=10051&firstlevelCategoryId=12299&cmArea=&secondlevelCatName=Writing+%26+Correction&prodCatType=0&langId=-1&secondlevelCategoryId=10057&storeId=10001&firstlevelCatName=Office+Supplies

All right, I'm going to walk around the corner to Staples and buy some.  Then I will try it out on some blank music paper.

Are we suddenly in Cinemascope or are my eyes fogging up from the fumes?

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2005, 06:55:36 AM »

All right, I'm going to walk around the corner to Staples and buy some.  Then I will try it out on some blank music paper.

Are we suddenly in Cinemascope or are my eyes fogging up from the fumes?

I hope it works out well for you. I have been using it for several years and would never go back to correction fluid.

I suggest  you avoid the BIC brand... I find that too flimsy and it often breaks inside the applicator.
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2005, 06:56:06 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up!  I'm up...

I guess I ended up zonking out sometime around 8:00 last night... The next thing I knew it was 3:00am!  Then I heard the alarm at 8:00... And now...  At least rehearsal does not start until 1:00 this afternoon.

*I think I've just made up the sleep that I "lost" over the weekend.  And/or it could be the bad mattress I have here.  I think I'm gonna do some stretches and yoga in a bit to get things lined back up again.  :-\
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2005, 06:57:17 AM »

DR Jason - How many times do I have to tell you?!?  I'm Filipino, not Greek.

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2005, 06:58:10 AM »

DR TPunk - Congrats!!!  Should I pass on the news to T.S. when he's up here this weekend?

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2005, 06:58:51 AM »

DR FJL - Apparently there are pictures of Curtis and Tom and Ms. Bacall!  We shall see...

:D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2005, 07:00:00 AM »

DR elmore - If you do need some help with the parts, a friend of mine might be able to help you out.  Just e-mail me or call me if you find the crunch getting to crunchy.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2005, 07:06:57 AM »

DR elmore et al - As for correction fluid vs. correction tape...  I tried the correction tape once when I was editing some parts and found it a bit cumbersome to deal with.  It's really "built" for correcting text, text that is one straight line across a page.  It didn't work so well for me with music, music notes - dots, squiggles and scribbles.  Sometimes I'd have to create a sort of patch job with it depending on the correction.  Yes, the Liquid stuff is sort of fumey, but I found it faster when working with manuscripts.

However...

They do make some non-fumey Liquid Paper now - or at least some similar brand.

However...

I found that it did not try as fast (at least in my experience), and that it did not respond well to ink and nibs - if you happen to be using a nib and ink for your corrections.  -Which I don't do all the time, but find "fascinating" to work with when I have worked with those tools.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2005, 07:08:10 AM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2005, 07:09:31 AM »

DR elmore - Can you open up a window?

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Jason

« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2005, 07:13:34 AM »

Jose: You'll always be my favorite Filipino. That could almost be a TV show: "My Favorite Filipino." Sounds like a hit!

Jack: Sorry it took me so long to get back to you! I hope I answered your question...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Up