Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: FRITTERIN'  (Read 21859 times)

Ginny

Re:FRITTERIN'
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2005, 05:32:50 AM »

Great photos from last night's gathering in Portland.  Thanks to DRs George and Cillaliz for sharing!

Happy Birthday, DR td!

TOD:  Well, "Marian the Librarian," of course, but I also love the theology in "Are You Sure?" from The Unsinkable Molly Brown:

"When you pray for something and it's no go,
Don't come around with 'I told you so.'
Your prayer was answered - the answer was 'NO.'"

In fact, Molly Brown is one of my favorite shows and a role that I'd love to have been able (singing-wise) to play.  I saw it (early 1960's?) at the then-newly refurbished Fisher Theatre in Detroit with Karen Morrow in the lead and Harve Presnell (be still, my heart) as Johnny.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2005, 05:34:21 AM »

Well, I couldn't have danced the role of Molly, either, so no page 2 dance.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2005, 05:35:21 AM »

Whar are them pitchers of the HHW getherin' - I cain't see 'em nowheres.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Michael

« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2005, 05:42:51 AM »

Sammy Williams did the most recent STAGE show in March. Contact David Galligan who directed the show

Here is a recent picture of him. He's on the right

and thats Kevin Chamberlin in the middle and David Engel on the left. Both people who also worked with BK
« Last Edit: August 06, 2005, 05:44:32 AM by Michael Shayne »
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2005, 05:56:41 AM »

I think Philip Clark lives in New York. His last works seem to be in NYC. There are three Philip Clarks in the white pages
Never stop dreaming.

Ben

« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2005, 06:13:07 AM »

JR, the pictures of the get together were at the end of the posts yesterday.

td

• td
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2005, 06:18:31 AM »

TOD - out on a limb here, I'd say that "Dolce far Niente" is my favorite, followed closely by "My White Knight" then "Pine Cones and Holly Berries/It's Beginning to Look a lot like Christmas."
"Till There was You" always registers strong emotions with me, while the nifty rhymes of "Belly Up to the Bar Boys" always makes me laugh.
I love the dazzling staging, mostly from three takes, of "He's My Friend" in the film of MOLLY BROWN.

This week concludes another exciting adventure in the serial which is my life this year:

The restaurant I've been working in since April was sold, with the new owners and management staff taking over on Monday August 1st.   This didn't effect most of the staff as the clientele is quite seasonal - when you're on the river and the marina, the boating season abruptly comes to a close around Labor Day - and I had planned on staying through October when a new restaurant opens, owned by the former owner, of which he wanted me to be part of. . .
BUT, here's the sticky-wicket - my former place of empoyment (Sam Morgan's Clubhouse) phoned me on Wednesday night to see if I would come back to work with them when they re-open on September 1st!  
So, we shall see which road I shall take. . . .

May all the DRs day today be filled with happiness and cheer, it's not just a day for me, but a day for all my dear friends.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Michael

« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2005, 06:21:41 AM »

Happy BD TD.

Nice to see you back on board
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2005, 06:23:20 AM »

Is Ron Kurowski still around? He took over from Sammy Williams
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2005, 06:26:43 AM »

Well I have no idea about the trivia question. I don't even know where to start. So I am bowing out of this one.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2005, 06:32:32 AM »

Second, a girl named Caren Koch, who I knew when I was at LACC (she was in high school at the time, and she and a friend of hers ended up in a silly revue I directed and was in - also in that revue was dear reader PennyO and B'way's Laura Kenyon (then known as Vi Santangelo).  Caren moved to Alaska

Which show was this?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2005, 06:34:11 AM by Michael Shayne »
Never stop dreaming.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2005, 06:39:51 AM »

Hmmm when I read the notes earlier this morning.....yesterday's posts that is, the pictures weren't there.  So I went back and WAZOOO - there they are!  Yes, lovely pictures!

Thanks for sharing DRGEORGE and DR CILLALIZ.

Did BeeGee ring the doorbell while you were there?

Michael

« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2005, 06:51:30 AM »

And here are some friends of BK who did that Same STAGE production

Michelle Nicastro

She sang Disneyland which is a hidden track on her On My Own cd produced by BK

« Last Edit: August 06, 2005, 06:59:41 AM by Michael Shayne »
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2005, 06:53:12 AM »

Joan Ryan

Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2005, 06:54:34 AM »

Karen Morrow

Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2005, 06:55:56 AM »

David Engel

Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2005, 06:57:25 AM »

Linda Purl

Never stop dreaming.

FJL

« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2005, 06:58:32 AM »

Person I'd most like to find:  Judy Robb (her married name was Clements), who was my seventh grade teacher, but left in the middle of the year.  The whole class had gone to see her in a dinner theater production of Barefoot in the Park, and I believe she left mid-year to take an acting job.  She was the first to encourage a love of theater in my years at the Yeshivah of Flatbush, not the only one, but happened to be the first and most memorable.

This week's trivia question looks like one of those (like the Columbo question a few weeks ago) where I'll learn a lot researching on the internet, but I'll probably  never get it.  Just like I'm so deficient in my knowledge of tryouts that didn't make it in, I'm woefully lacking in my knowledge of touring companies. (Well, there was the Bway INTO THE LIGHT, but that was a Turin company.  Sorry!)  But, in the words of Meredith Willson, I ain't down yet!    

Cillaliz

« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2005, 07:43:14 AM »

Your pics turned out great, George! Glad you made it home. You are so right about the food. It was great.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2005, 07:43:20 AM »

Does any DR have the Remastered Decca 2000 reissue of the PIPPIN OBC CD?

I am not so much interested in the additional tracks, as in wondering if the quality is better.  The CD I have is difficult to listen to because of how is was recorded/produced/and-or/miked.

Cillaliz

« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2005, 07:45:16 AM »

In the past 2 or 3 years, I've actually found several people from my past who I really wanted to see again.  I'm curious about my ex-husband, but can't say I really want to find him.

td

• td
« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2005, 08:15:25 AM »

There is one person in my past whom I would like to find.  The last I heard of John F. Hightower (Louisiana-born), best damned bartender in Pittsburgh, was that he headed to Tacoma to live with his sister Crystal.  He was a great, great friend to me for half a decade, but once he moved, he cut all ties with the 'burgh.

Thanks to the internet, however, I tracked down a wonderful photographer and theater buddy whom I hadn't seen for nigh onto fifteen years; now we meet every week for coffee at Barnes and Noble; for the past two weeks, he's brought his 17 year old son along.

It's the theater people I've worked with whom I'd like to catch up with.  

td

• td
« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2005, 08:16:46 AM »

Does any DR have the Remastered Decca 2000 reissue of the PIPPIN OBC CD?

I'll give it a quick listen over the weekend, I thought it was superior to the previous release, which I did have, but promptly traded because of its un-listenability. . .

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2005, 08:16:49 AM »

Good morning, all!  Yep, 4:30 am again.  The clarinet part is humongous, and I'm stuck in the middle of it.

The Clarinet Part Is Humungus - That's the title of my next novel.

MBarnum

« Reply #54 on: August 06, 2005, 08:18:29 AM »

Great pictures from the HHW gathering last night! I sure wish I could have been there! I would have loved to see DR Jane, DR George, DR JMK, and DS Betsy, and would loved to have met DS Keith and DR Cillaliz! But my thoughts were with you guys as I scurried up to Vancouver yesterday!

MBarnum

« Reply #55 on: August 06, 2005, 08:19:36 AM »

Soon I must scurry south to Triangle lake...I had hoped to get a much ealier start...but just couldn't drag myself out of bed this morning.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #56 on: August 06, 2005, 08:20:08 AM »

You mean I might have finally stumped people.  I'll give a clew if people really want one - but, think big hit musical, big hit musical movie.

MBarnum

« Reply #57 on: August 06, 2005, 08:22:33 AM »

People from my past that I would love to see again...Sheree Dodge from high school...she was such a sweet gal. She still lives down in Medford, but I have not seen her since shortly after graduation.

Don Tuten...a guy I knew back in the 80s here in Salem. Last time I saw him he was going to Portland State.

Another guy I knew back in the 80s..named Joe...don't even recall his last name...but a super nice guy and I would love to know whatever became of him.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #58 on: August 06, 2005, 08:32:55 AM »

Favorite Merideth Wilson songs - Anything from "The Music Man", I find that to be just an enjoyable evening.  I've seen Molly Brown once and was't impressed with the score too much, it was a long time ago.

The only person that I'd like to find from my past, and it's not from high school, it's actually from the Internet is a dude named Sam Manino.  He and are were best internet buddies when  I first got online in 1995.  It's been about 8 years that I haven't heard from him, I hope he's doing well and I often wondered what ever became of him.  Then there is my first ever partner, John, whom I often think about and wonder whatever happened to him and hope that he's well.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #59 on: August 06, 2005, 08:34:40 AM »

I can think of just one person from my past that I'd like to see again...but then I figure what's done is done, what's over is over, and we're better off without each other.

:-\
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up