Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: FRITTERIN'  (Read 21860 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
FRITTERIN'
« on: August 06, 2005, 12:06:32 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, you haven't frittered whilst reading the notes, hence it is time for you to post until the cows come home, which will be as soon as they stop fritterin' away their noontime, suppertime, chore time, too.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2005, 12:41:26 AM by bk »

Tomovoz

Re:FRITTERIN'
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2005, 12:14:54 AM »

Favourite Willson songs: "Goodnight My Someone". "Til there Was You" and "That Man Over There".
I'v never really liked much of Molly Brown.  Perhaps I need to have seen it staged. I didn't care for the film.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2005, 12:15:20 AM »

And the word of the day is: FRICASSEE!

Tomovoz

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2005, 12:17:26 AM »

[size=10]HAPPY BIRTHDAY MR ANTHONY DALE[/size]
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2005, 12:19:30 AM »

Good Morning!

...And the hits - and the thundering bass lines - just keep on a-comin' from "The Zoo".  It's not loud from where I'm sitting, but I can hear it.  And it still sounds like quite the party.

-As I mentioned to one of the directors earlier, "This was not mentioned in my brochure."

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2005, 12:19:35 AM »

Yes, it's been added to the notes.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2005, 12:21:30 AM »

As for the Topics of the Day...

Person from my past...  Hmm... I've actually managed to catch up with a lot of people in the past few months.  So...  However, right now, I'd have to say my fifth grade teacher, Mrs. Wallace.

And maybe some of my grade school classmates just to see how they turned out, and what they're up to nowadays.
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2005, 12:25:53 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DR TD!![/move]
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2005, 12:28:00 AM »

Oh, and the food at Jeff and Betsy's was quite delish!  Betsy made some cheese stuffed pasta (how do you spell tor-ta-lee-nee??) and a salad with big chunks of red and yellow peppers.  Very good.  AND she made their "Semon/Kaufmann" chocolate cake!  The best!  (I should say, and I don't think that they'll mind, but Semon is Betsy's maiden name!)  There was also some cantaloupe/honeydew (I never know which is which) and some strawberries.  I brought some yellow plums that I picked from my sister's very own backyard yellow plum tree!  A good time was had by all!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2005, 12:28:55 AM »

As for Meredith Willson songs...

I'm really only familiar with the score for The Music Man, and the barbershop quartet numbers in that show always make me smile.

I've seen The Unsinkable Molly Brown on stage, but I have no real favorite tune - although, the title/word/nickname, "Chickapen" can still make me giggle.   However, I do remember hearing a great version of "I Ain't Down Yet" by Toots Thielmann during the course of a late night jazz program on the radio once.  -And I keep meaning to check to see if that's on CD.

And I've somehow avoided Here's Love.  Sort of.  I did record the ballet(?) music once for an upcoming production so the choreographer of said production could start working on it.
Make Your Own Luck.

Tomovoz

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2005, 12:29:24 AM »

I've not come up with a "person" from my past as yet!
Certainly not classmates. Anyone important to me I've kept up with anyway.  There are however people from my present with whom I would like to make contact. Perhaps I shall do so in 2006.
James Thurber 1957

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2005, 12:29:52 AM »

Happy Birthday, TD!!!!

Hope your day is filled with joy and cake!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2005, 12:30:47 AM »

And as "The Zoo 202" begins to wind down, so shall I...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2005, 12:31:27 AM »

OH!... And great pics of the HHW Gathering!
Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2005, 12:42:44 AM »

Glad you like them!

George

« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2005, 12:45:36 AM »

Well, I must be going to sleep.  Goodnight all!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2005, 01:03:56 AM »

Sleep?  Sleep is for WUSSBURGERS!

FRICASSEE, baby, FRICASSEE!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2005, 01:07:16 AM »

There are three people I would dearly love to find:

First, the girl who Susan Pomeroy is based on.

Second, a girl named Caren Koch, who I knew when I was at LACC (she was in high school at the time, and she and a friend of hers ended up in a silly revue I directed and was in - also in that revue was dear reader PennyO and B'way's Laura Kenyon (then known as Vi Santangelo).  Caren moved to Alaska.

Third, Sue Biederman, a girl I knew in the late eighties/early nineties, who I lost track of.  One of the characters in Rewind is sort of based on her.

Tomovoz

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2005, 02:08:51 AM »

Good Morning DR Elmore. Welcome to Saturday.
James Thurber 1957

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2005, 02:24:03 AM »

Good morning, all!  Yep, 4:30 am again.  The clarinet part is humongous, and I'm stuck in the middle of it. which is where I will most likely be tomorrow as well.  To ,ake matters worse, I have to go in and deal with BABES IN TOYLAND today and tomorrow:  this is my last chance to work with the trusty Tom Murray before he's off to the Ravinia Festival's ANYONE CAN WHISTLE and WINSEBURG OHIO in Philly.  If I did not have to go in, I'd be finished here, so my goal is to edit as much today as possible and only a few hours tomorrow, so I can hopefully finish everything here.  Oy!

DRs Cillaliz and George, great photos!  Thanks for posting them.

FRJose, I can testify that all my 1967-1971 years of summer theatre were just like your past evening; I don't think I slept more than 3-4 hours a night.  I'd come home in August, say hello to my parents, and go to bed for a week.  It's fun but very exhausting.

TOD:  Very schizo, BK:  name a song and find a friend.
   Friend search:  Eatl Bush who played Conrad Birdie in what may have been my nadir summer theatre experience.  It was so awful that the director brought a thermos of martinis to rehearsal and was never sober after the rehearsal break.  Our actress playing Kim, who had delusions of adequacy, later moved to LA and married Andrew Prine.
   Meredith Willson songs:  
      "It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas"
      "May the Good Lord Bless and Keep You"
      "My White Knight"
      "Belly Up to the Bar, Boys"
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2005, 02:25:15 AM »

Good Morning DR Elmore. Welcome to Saturday.

Good morning to you, DRTomovoz!  How's our Derek doing?  And on that subject, how the hell are you feeling?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Tomovoz

« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2005, 02:36:14 AM »

Most things are near working order for me DR Elmore. OzDerek has not had a good week but his smiles are still with him. Hope the day goes well.
James Thurber 1957

Ben

« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2005, 04:13:27 AM »

Happy Birthday to TD!!!

I'm here at the office and all alone on-line and in the office. The others won't get here until around 11am or noon but since I'm an early person I don't want to wait around until noon to come in and then have the rest of my day taken up by work. It's better working in an empty office anyway as those of you who work in offices probably know.

As already mentioned, My White Knight is a real favorite. Can't think of a person from my past that I would like to find. I don't keep in touch with any high school friends (I graduated from High School 35 years ago next year). Perhaps one or two of my college acquaintances but no one leaps to mind.

I'll check in later after I do some work. After work I will head to 23rd Street and Home Depot to see if they have a reasonably priced wastebasket. If not, it's off to K-Mart at 34th Street.

Vibes and good thoughts to dear Derek. And Tom too!

Ben

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2005, 04:14:05 AM »

Ah, according to the light, Mr. Moore has joined again. Just as I'm about to leave.

Love ya! Bye!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2005, 04:30:28 AM »

Lots of things happening for MR BK - that is good.  But a day lounging about like a gazelle is good as well.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DR (a fellow SS scribe) TD!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2005, 04:32:12 AM »

Once when we were in Florida and taking a tour of the Space Center, we were given the opportunity to get off the bus and walk around on the tarmac/runway where the shuttles land, and you can bet your life I sure did that!

It was also interesting to see the rocket gantries and the HUGE 'garages' where those things live when they are not flying!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2005, 04:33:07 AM »

Interesting TRIVIA QUIZ.  I hope to not be shut out THREE weeks in a row.  Hmmmmmmmmmmm....

A bit of thunder.  Lots of rain yesterday and maybe some today.

Zoo 202!  We need details, DRJOSE. What is the trendy actor wearing in Williamsburg this year?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2005, 04:35:46 AM »

Great rehearsal last night, but crisis and drama with the costumes, some of which are a bit revealing.

Director & costumer (his partner) have threatened to quit and things are rough in River City.  I am not sure of the outcome, but as member of the creative team AND a member of the Board of Directors - I am kind of stuck in the middle.  

I like it better when ALL the drama is onstage, and I wish it could always be thus.

PIPPIN had a bit of trouble with his microphone pack - and there was much comment on the red boxer briefs he had chosen to wear.  Said Pippin: "Well you have all seen the DVD - I thought I would show you the PIPPIN BVD!"

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2005, 04:36:41 AM »

Meredith Willson!

Belly Up to the Bar, Boys! as named by DR ELMORE.
Wells Fargo Wagon

And written for the film of MOLLY BROWN - He's My Friend!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2005, 05:23:05 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
!!!!!!HAPPIEST OF BIRTHDAYS TO DR TD!!!!!!
[/move]
[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
                                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~GOOD HEALTH VIBES TO DR OZDEREK~~~~~~~~~~~~
[/color][/move]
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up