Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: THE WHAT IFS OF LIFE  (Read 2247 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
THE WHAT IFS OF LIFE
« on: October 17, 2023, 12:10:25 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes pondered the what ifs of life, and now it is time for you to post until the what if cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: THE WHAT IFS OF LIFE
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2023, 12:11:54 AM »

And the word of the day is: APPANAGE!

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2023, 12:21:25 AM »

Notes eyeballed. Enjoyed.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2023, 12:45:22 AM »

Actually the notes made me a little sad, on one hand, viewed in that context of what-ifs, and for you, there were key moments that were so pivotal. But I often see old pilots and forgotten shows on YouTube and think about the actors for whom that was their big shot and we never saw them again. Some people have just one big, pivotal what-if to ponder. It can be painful.

On the other hand BK, you’ve had many shots and built a life many would dream of. In other words, to be in position to have the number of what-ifs you’ve had means you had a lasting, recognizable talent and persona. The entertainment world kept coming back to you. Then you managed that level of talent across multiple platforms!

Not that you need a pep rally, but the worst kind of what-ifs, like the ones that plague me, are, what if I’d tried the various things I’d liked to have done? What if I’d pushed my talent, really gone for it, artistically, been unafraid to fail?

You got roadblocked by fate, assholes, shingles, maybe a bad decision here or there, but never by fear.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2023, 01:10:05 AM »

Ditto!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2023, 03:41:30 AM »

Good morning, all!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2023, 03:53:05 AM »

I slept quite well last night. I had a long, strange dream in whch I was back in college, working at the Miami University library, and it was the day before Thanksgiving. I had invited a co-worker for Thanksgiving dinner, and he was coming to my parents' home the next day, but he asked me to offer a ride to a young lady working in the new library. The first half of the dream was rather mundane: working at the library, looking at new acquisitions, tying up bundles of newspapersa in the library basement. And I was in my current state of mobility.

Then the dream turned dark, when I went to the other library to see the young lady about offering her a ride home, and I got the feeling I was in a slasher movie where my familywould be slaughtered one by one during the dinner. It's all vague: was the co-worker I invited the killer or another victim? It was most unsettling.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2023, 03:57:30 AM »

I was only at City Center for an hour yesterday. Joshie and I went through the two "Spanish Panics," and I packed up my work and left. He was taping new orchestra parts for Spamalot (band rehearsal on Thursday), and I have the two dances to work on. On the original cast recording, the 2-bar intro is the beginning of "Spanish Panic 1" and the remainder of the number is "Spanish Panic 2."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2023, 03:59:09 AM »

I also need to call Access-a-Ride for tomorrow's trip to my urologist. Yesterday afternoon, I sent an email to Courtney, Dr Kassapidis' assistant, about rescheduling the surgery.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2023, 04:12:49 AM »

Between 1979 and 1995 or so, I used to see Joanna Merlin frequently at the Drama Book Shop; occasionally, she brought her young daughter with her. She was always friendly. I liked her very much.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2023, 05:13:03 AM »

Good morning, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2023, 05:13:29 AM »

That’s all I will say on that.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

ChasSmith

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2023, 05:20:23 AM »

Good morning, all.

ChasSmith

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2023, 05:21:34 AM »

In a couple of hours I will be off to the dentist for the second half of my reaming.

And that’s all I will say on that.

ChasSmith

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2023, 05:25:44 AM »

I had one of my dreams in which we’re getting ready to cast a show. Or decide on the show. Or something. It seemed to be centered around shows based on some early Fred Astaire movie(s). It was a mostly irritating dream and I was happy to find myself awake afterwards.

ChasSmith

« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2023, 05:34:21 AM »

I wonder if my procedure (root scaling) is what the Grand Inquisitor was proposing for vixmom. If so, it’s annoying to sit there, and annoyingly costly, but you’re totally numbed and there’s no “recovery” at all except to watch what you eat for a few days; i.e., no seeds, that kind of thing.

Ginny

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2023, 06:33:33 AM »

Tuesday morning greetings!  We are waiting for a conference call about the delay in the renovations of our home-to-be.  Not unexpectedly, the cabinets are the hold-up.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2023, 06:36:13 AM »

Meanwhile, I’ve been purging clothes.  It’s not exactly a “what if” situation, but I feel like I’ve shed several identities along the way.  So far there are 5 bags for Goodwill in my car and I’ll probably add a 6th today.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2023, 06:58:01 AM »

Wonderful notes - certainly food for pondering.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2023, 06:58:30 AM »

Congrats to DR GINNY on her purging.......and cabinet vibes for the new place.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2023, 06:58:42 AM »

PIPPIN!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2023, 07:45:21 AM »

Ah, the conundrums of life.  The "what ifs' that occasionally plague us.

A review usually puts it all to right.  I have no regrets in my life's path.  None.  Regardless of what "might have been" (at least, in my mind), I love what was.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2023, 07:47:55 AM »

Slept well.

Dreamed.

Somewhere in the dreams was a very sad puppy that had been passed over and passed over in a shelter and had given up on life.  My dream self took that puppy home and loved it. And it began to thrive.

I woke up thinking, "I need a puppy."   Reality tells me I don't.  Not at my age and not with a house fully carpeted.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2023, 07:50:20 AM »

After 11 days, Israel still hasn't made its anti-Hamas push into Gaza and will refrain, apparently, until after President Biden's visit tomorrow.

Jim Jordan will be voted on for House speaker today.

The world is in chaos.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2023, 07:51:31 AM »

My yard men are out there whacking away at the hedges.

They are working hard, and my bill will undoubtedly reflect the extent of their labors.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2023, 07:51:52 AM »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2023, 07:53:59 AM »

DR Rodzinski:  If you had taken the alternate path, would you still have met your wife and had your children?

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2023, 08:23:13 AM »

Good Morning - I feel a little funk'd today.  I think it has to do with the Pippin (ironically) rehearsal last night.  Why do people keep doing this show?  The end is always a mess.  I really HATE The 2013 arrangements, but that is the show that is licensed now.  I guess the kids on stage are having a good time.  I, on the other hand, struggled through the show last night.  Maybe it was the sight-reading, I don't know.  But today I feel in a funk.  Hopefully tonight will go smoother. 

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2023, 09:12:48 AM »

From R Vixmom:

Quote from: Jane on October 16, 2023, 05:20:18 PM
Sleep number beds also track your sleep habits.

Only if you hook them up to the internet.  We did not want that feature.

:o

I use the app on my phone.  I completely understand your not wanting to use it.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2023, 09:13:50 AM »

From Vixmom:
Vixdad decided to avail himself of a hire car after all once he learned that the other guys insurance would cover it and that he woukd be allowed to park at the train station in the handicapped section with his tag even though he doesn’t have the parking permit on this car

Excellent. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up