Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: BUG-A-BOOS  (Read 29184 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:BUG-A-BOOS
« Reply #210 on: August 11, 2005, 09:11:37 PM »

bk has been over the hill for quite some time.

Dinner was superlative, as was the company.  This jernt we ate at, Cafe Figaro, is the same place I supped with a few weeks ago with Mr. Richard Valley.  It was superb then and even better tonight.  I had the exact same meal - onion soup, salad, and roast chicken in a light mushroom sauce.  Then our beautiful Brazilian waitress Deborah (same I had last time - she's really CUTE) talked us into having the Chocolate Souflee.  It took twenty minutes to cook and after one bite I can tell you it was one of the best desserts I've ever had.  And it wasn't too big, so Pogue and I splitting it was just right.

The conversation was lively and sparkling and we talked about everything under the sun, and then we moved on to everything under the moon.

When I got home, I got the word that we can have the theater near Musso and Frank, but not until November 17.  That's three days earlier than we could have had The Hudson, and there's a chance we could load in a week earlier.  Unless I love the theater I'm seeing tomorrow, we'll probably take it, and open the Friday following Thanksgiving.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #211 on: August 11, 2005, 10:05:59 PM »

An hour without posts is like a Mercedez without a Benz.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #212 on: August 11, 2005, 10:06:25 PM »

An hour without posts is like a guy without a haines.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #213 on: August 11, 2005, 10:06:41 PM »

And now - Dino at the piano.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #214 on: August 11, 2005, 10:07:11 PM »

Wasn't elmore surprised to find out that Jonathan Goldman's Getting Away With You was from the new book?

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #215 on: August 11, 2005, 10:07:48 PM »

If he wasn't, I certainly was! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #216 on: August 11, 2005, 10:18:52 PM »

He skeedaddled before answering and will have to be roundly or even squarely bitch-slapped from here to eternity and hell and back.

George

« Reply #217 on: August 11, 2005, 10:22:16 PM »

Well, I've done some research on the Internet and found the running order of Bernadette's Carnegie Hall concert.  THIS 1996 article from Playbill.com has a review/run-down of the concert.  Here are the songs in the order that Andrew Gans listed them:

ACT ONE:
  • Overture
  • We're in the Money/Pennies from Heaven
  • If You Were the Only Boy (in the World)
  • Broadway Baby
  • No One Is Alone (no longer available on the first CD)
  • Sooner or Later
  • Unexpected Song
  • I Never Thought I'd Break
  • Other Lady
  • The Hills of Shiloh*
  • Faithless Love
  • Making Love Alone ("Peters milked the song for all its comic potential, finishing the song by throwing her long black gloves into the enthusiastic audience")
  • Time Heals Everything
  • Raining in My Heart
  • Some People
ACT TWO:
  • (They Asked Me Why) I Believe in You
  • Johanna
  • Happiness
  • Hello Little Girl/Any Moment
  • There Won't Be Trumpets
  • Later (with Clay Ruede on cello)
  • You Could Drive a Person Crazy
  • Not a Day Goes By
  • With So Little To Be Sure Of
  • Children Will Listen
  • Being Alive
  • Move On
  • Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
*I don't have the CDs here at home, so I can't check if the song "The Hills of Shiloh" is quoted on the new CD or if it's even on the CD at all, but it's not listed on amazon.com's listing of the CD.  It would take some time to put it all together as one whole recording and make it sound good.  The songs on the CDs are not in the order of the concert.  They're all over the place.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

FJL

« Reply #218 on: August 11, 2005, 10:25:23 PM »

I was surprised to find out that Jonathan Goldman had nothing to do with corn.  i thought you were giving us a clue with that corn comment, hence my guess that it had something to do with Carol Channing.  How embarrassing for me!

FJL

« Reply #219 on: August 11, 2005, 10:32:53 PM »

Just came back from a cabaret act which featured performances by two lovely lawyer friends.  Went out to dinner and suddenly found myself sitting with:  two people who are on the Gala committee for NYMF (NY Musical Theater festival); two critics from a very popular theater website; and a member of the original cast of Hairspray.   How's that for accidental networking?  Actually, it was just a lovely dinner, but I will remind myself in the future to dress better when I go to cabaret shows where dinner may follow.  i was unfortunately the worst dressed person at the table.  :(

FJL

« Reply #220 on: August 11, 2005, 10:40:57 PM »

What happened yesterday that this board made it up to page 13?  Maybe it was the Starfighter CD announcement (yeah, right) or was it the beefcake photos of the writers of Jose's show, or was it the guessing about Jonathan Goldman?  But something certainly made yesterday lively, though.

George

« Reply #221 on: August 11, 2005, 10:42:07 PM »

*I don't have the CDs here at home, so I can't check if the song "The Hills of Shiloh" is quoted on the new CD or if it's even on the CD at all, but it's not listed on amazon.com's listing of the CD.  It would take some time to put it all together as one whole recording and make it sound good.  The songs on the CDs are not in the order of the concert.  They're all over the place.

I found BP's "I'll Be Your Baby Tonight" CD that has her original studio recordings of "Hills of Shiloh" (no "The") and "Faithless Love."  It's a two-song medley, so it's possible that they're on the new concert CD that way, too.  I'll be able to check tomorrow at work...which is where my other CDs are.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2005, 10:43:26 PM by George »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #222 on: August 11, 2005, 10:45:59 PM »

Good Evening! Good Morning!

Back from the cabaret, Cabaret (number two) to be more precise.

A nice evening - although a bit long for a late night cabaret, it ran about an hour and 45 minutes, 2 "acts".  I guess if you don't have to be up early the next day... But a lot of the audience had also just attended one of the mainstage shows earlier in the evening.  That's a lot of time being an audience member in one evening.  But I digress...

It was nice seeing and hearing some of the people I've been working with, living with and seeing around campus.  And I have to give a special mention to some of the "names" from the Mainstage productions that performed tonight - and will perform again the next two nights - Quincy Tyler Bernstine, Peter Jay Fernandez, Christine Toy Johnson, Paul Kreppel, Antoinette LaVecchia (who are all in Tough Titty, Logan Marshall-Green (Bus Stop) and Michael McKean (On the Razzle).  Very generous of them to offer their time and talent after a day of rehearsals and performances.

However, I have to give a very special round of applause to the various acting company members and apprentices who managed to find time out of their crazy(!) schedules to put together the main parts of the evening.  Most of them have been dealing with 16-18 hour days straight for the past three to four weeks.  Hats off to you guys!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #223 on: August 11, 2005, 11:20:24 PM »

OOHH!!!!

Does anyone remember what occurred a year ago today?

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #224 on: August 11, 2005, 11:25:11 PM »

Opening night of What If? ??

George

« Reply #225 on: August 11, 2005, 11:25:49 PM »

And I didn't look!  Well, I looked, but I didn't find anything.  That really was a guess. :)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #226 on: August 11, 2005, 11:38:49 PM »

You are correct, DR George!

WOW!  A full year!  WOW!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #227 on: August 11, 2005, 11:39:42 PM »

...And by "today", I meant Eastern Time Zone "today", August 12, so...

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #228 on: August 12, 2005, 12:04:05 AM »

Oh...  I received a call a little before Noon today... From my mom...  She was in a car with my father and an aunt and uncle of mine... They were driving up to New York City for the day.  Alas, I was not in The City to show them around, but I believe one of my distant cousins was going to meet up with them and show them around.  My parents have been to New York City before, but most of those visits have been for their annual trip up for the Radio City Music Hall Christmas Spectacular.  And come to think of it, besides the MTV headquarters - which is where my cousin works - and Rockefeller Center, I've never heard them mention any other part of the city.  Hmmm...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #229 on: August 12, 2005, 12:04:37 AM »

Hmm... I was able to get that post in... Notes going up a little late tonight?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #230 on: August 12, 2005, 12:04:51 AM »

I guess so.
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up