Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: BUG-A-BOOS  (Read 29169 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
BUG-A-BOOS
« on: August 11, 2005, 12:10:31 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, you're thinking about your bug-a-boos, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - unfortunately, coming home is one of their bug-a-boos.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2005, 12:15:55 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:BUG-A-BOOS
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2005, 12:12:08 AM »

And the word of the day is: RECALCITRANT!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2005, 12:12:40 AM »

I'm putting some LPs onto CD.

Matthew, why do you say Jonathan Goldman is an alias?

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2005, 12:25:51 AM »

I've been searching under many forms of Jonathan Goldman, and all I can come up with is that healer chanter guy.  It just occured to me why would anyone chose an alias that was already a real name, and a known one at that.  But I'm also thinking it's initials, kinda like Benjamin Kritzer, I just keep coming up with dead ends on the WWW.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2005, 12:27:15 AM »

And a very happy birthday to pianogirl and diane, whomever they may be.

It's not the healer chanter guy.

Matthew

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2005, 12:40:35 AM »

Ok, if I was going to go with the initial tihng, I;d take a huge stab in the dark and say that Jonathan Goldman is the closeted composer personality of none other than our very own Jason Graae.  

The song in question, getting away with you, actually sounds like something he'd sing.... that's my guess.

Tomovoz

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2005, 12:47:06 AM »

It's not so evident in practice today,  but I used to become very annoyed with women who could not distinguish between sexist acts and good manners.  I still open car doors for my passengers and I still hold doors open for others.

"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2005, 12:51:16 AM »

Jason Graae???  I don't think so.

Shall I just tell you about Mr. Goldman?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2005, 12:51:43 AM »

Nothing to do with initials.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2005, 12:53:58 AM »

Oh, very well.  Jonathan Goldman is, in reality, fiction.  He is the leading player in my new novel, Rewind.  Prior to his current job in the book, he was a one-hit-wonder singer/songwriter in the 70s.  Getting Away With You was his "hit".  I wasn't going to say anything until people got the book - I just thought it was amusing to put it on the album and say it was by the guy who wrote it in the book.  What do you think of that?

Matthew

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2005, 01:17:58 AM »

That was my next guess that YOU actually wrote the song, but I couldn't figure out the initials.  Nice work - it's such a great song and has a real bk sound to it.  However, the cell phone reference in the 70's?  :)

Michael

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2005, 03:39:27 AM »

I think that after doing some google searches that Jonathan Goldman is really singer Billy Waring who was on Unsung Irving Berlin and therefore it is our own Bruce Kimmel writing under another name.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2005, 03:40:23 AM »

Damn! I should have read this morning posts before posting.    
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2005, 03:40:51 AM »

At least I was right
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2005, 03:43:46 AM »

There was alot of talk about Mark Shaiman yesterday,

Here is a link to a rehersal tape he did with Tracey Ullman for a tribute to John Walters at the GLAAD awards. The producers told him to cut out all the profane words. Which was stupid because they were John Walters' profane words from his films

Anyways it is funny and there are a lot of 4 letter words in it so I am warning you ahead of time

http://www.marcshaiman.com/shaiman-johnwaters.mp3 http://
Never stop dreaming.

Ben

« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2005, 04:28:27 AM »

Yesterday Woody said, in reference to the Tonys

Rosie O'Donnell is to blame, I believe.

Wood man, you haven't been paying attention.

Jose is to blame. For everything! For ever!  ;)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2005, 05:22:41 AM »

Good morning, all!  DRJoey has logged onto HHW with my computer and I just posted under his avatar.  So, I deleted it, and now I'm on Safari with HHW.  I feel like Ernest Hemingway.

I need to hit the NYPL Theatre Collection, the recording office, and finish cleaning off my desk.  I have no idea if any of this will happen today, but those are a few goals before the weekend's over.

TOD:  too much to say, too little time; perhaps later.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ben

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2005, 05:34:17 AM »

Hello to Jose, Woody, Michael Shayne Mr. Moore and Mr. Joey. I don't know your last name Joseph. When people ask Anthony his middle name (he doesn't have one), he says "I don't have one, we were too poor"

Ben

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2005, 05:36:30 AM »

Larry, if you and Joey do make it down to trendy Chelsea and Academy (on 18th Street between 5th and 6th Avenues on the south side of the street halfway down the block just steps from Books of Wonder which now has a Cupcake Cafe outlet installed), give me a call, if you get a chance. I'm at work until around noon and at home for lunch from noon to 1pm.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2005, 05:37:53 AM »

Good Morning!

Bug-a-boos...

Actors - or even directors - who come into a rehearsal and complain that they are tired and want to take it slow... After they had been out late the night before drinking and whatnot.  Especially if this happens twice in a row... or, unfortunately, three or more.  I mean, I can understand being tired because a rehearsal went late, or there was something on the homefront that needed attending to, but if you're gonna go ahead and come into a rehearsal tired and hungover.... Well, I have no tolerance for that.  Whip!

Thankfully, we have not had that problem up here at WTF.

Whew!

And on semi-related bug-a-boo - people who have absolutely no sense of time and punctuality.  Running late is one thing.  Just showing up whenever it's convenient, however, is another.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2005, 05:42:51 AM »

Oh...

And piano scores that are laid with no convenient and "musical" spot to make a page turn.

Although, sometimes that's just how it is - I refer you to "Putting It Together" from Sunday in the Park with George.  Or the "classic" one of "Something's Coming" from West Side Story where the first and second verses are a repeat of the same music, consequently, when you need to start the second verse, you have to turn back a page... And then once you get to the second part of the second verse, you have to turn ahead another page in order to get to the G-major section.

Did I make that clear?

;)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2005, 05:43:29 AM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2005, 05:46:19 AM »

Yesterday Woody said, in reference to the Tonys

Rosie O'Donnell is to blame, I believe.

Wood man, you haven't been paying attention.

Jose is to blame. For everything! For ever!  ;)

Mea culpa, mea culpa...

Well!  You can just kiss my mea culpa!

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2005, 05:51:38 AM »

Good Morning!

Bug-a-boos...

Actors - or even directors - who come into a rehearsal and complain that they are tired and want to take it slow... After they had been out late the night before drinking and whatnot.  Especially if this happens twice in a row... or, unfortunately, three or more.  I mean, I can understand being tired because a rehearsal went late, or there was something on the homefront that needed attending to, but if you're gonna go ahead and come into a rehearsal tired and hungover.... Well, I have no tolerance for that.  Whip!

Thankfully, we have not had that problem up here at WTF.

Whew!

And on semi-related bug-a-boo - people who have absolutely no sense of time and punctuality.  Running late is one thing.  Just showing up whenever it's convenient, however, is another.

I'm writing a screenplay:  JOSE: SCOURGE OF GOD!!!

DRJose, are you aware, since I keep forgetting to tell you, that the Williams College Library has the Paul Whiteman collection of music?  You should go check it out in your copious free time. ;D
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2005, 05:51:53 AM »

I, of course, am guilty of not being clear last night.  I should have added that Rosie is one of Jose's many stooges.  He's fiendish that way, fiendish, I tell you!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2005, 05:53:52 AM »

Larry, if you and Joey do make it down to trendy Chelsea and Academy (on 18th Street between 5th and 6th Avenues on the south side of the street halfway down the block just steps from Books of Wonder which now has a Cupcake Cafe outlet installed), give me a call, if you get a chance. I'm at work until around noon and at home for lunch from noon to 1pm.

DRBen, well, he's still unconscious.  When I know what he's planning on today, and I decide his schedule might accommodate me, I'll call you.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2005, 05:54:41 AM »

I, of course, am guilty of not being clear last night.  I should have added that Rosie is one of Jose's many stooges.  He's fiendish that way, fiendish, I tell you!

Poor Jose!  From Food Fiend to Plain Fiend.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2005, 06:07:30 AM »

I have a bugaboo about ear infections.

Not the sort that you used to get as a child, when your mother would take a teeny-tiny turkey baster and squeeze some kind of oil into your ear to make it better again.

No, der Brucer and I first noticed this kind of ear infection when we were in Dallas.  In the lobby of the hotel where we were staying, we spotted someone holding his ear while talking to no one at all.  This wouldn't have bothered us, but then there was another fellow walking in the other direction, and he was doing the same thing.

What were they doing, answering voices in their heads?  It was creepy.

By the end of that first afternoon, we had spotted a full dozen people, men and women, too, who were suffering from this malady.  

Then, when we returned to Long Beach, it became obvious that this ear infection was not limited to Dallas, that it had spread.  People were walking down the street, suffering.  People were in stores, suffering.  They suffered in restaurants, they suffered in theaters, they suffered while driving in their cars.  And it must be terribly painful, because sometimes, if they have to use both hands to do something, they will try to cover their ear with their shoulder, craning their necks over to reach.

These days, I face at least three or four people while at my cash register, who are speaking to the voices in their heads while I try to mime to them the amount that they owe for their purchases.

Please, won't someone in the scientific community find a cure for this horrible disease?  The ear infections MUST STOP!!!!!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2005, 06:10:00 AM »

Der Brucer is already on the road to his overnight camping trip.  I must be on my way to work.

I'd leave the dogs to converse with you all, but they don't type very well.  I think it has to do with dew claws making for terrible thumb substitutes.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2005, 06:23:16 AM »

I'm writing a screenplay:  JOSE: SCOURGE OF GOD!!!

DRJose, are you aware, since I keep forgetting to tell you, that the Williams College Library has the Paul Whiteman collection of music?  You should go check it out in your copious free time. ;D

Well...

If my free time actually occured during the day... and/or when the collection was open...  Ah, well..

However, it has been great at least reading about the various treasures here on the Williams College campus.  A rare book collection at the foot the Berkshires?  Who would have thunk?

I am hoping to make it over to Mass MoCA - the Museum of Contemporary Art - this weekend.  But I'll have to bum a ride with someone since it's most definitely not walkable.  In any case... There's a great exhibit there right now of various large installations - and the posters and literature make it all sound very fascinating, educational and fun!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2005, 06:24:20 AM »

Alas, time to head to rehearsal...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up