Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: YOU KNOW THE MANTRA  (Read 28230 times)

Jason

Re:YOU KNOW THE MANTRA
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2005, 08:29:13 AM »

This is a slow newsday at HHW. BK will not be pleased.

Jason

« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2005, 08:41:48 AM »

It's absolutely pouring rain in the City of York that is New.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2005, 08:53:57 AM »

Summer of '76 - I remember it well. I was going into my sixth and seventh months in the womb.

The summer of '76 was the last year that my family lived in Colorado (my dad was to retire from the army the next year).  It was not only the Bicentennial Celebration of the USA, it was also the Centennial Celebration of Colorado becoming a state.  They had huge events everywhere and this one particular place that we went to had a big gigantic scroll where everyone who was there could sign.  It (and other stuff, too, I asume) would be put into a time capsule on top of Pike's Peak and opened in 2076.  I was 10 and my sister was 12.  She decided that she wants to live to be 112 so that she can be there when they open it up.  I don't think either of us will make it, but with medical technology advancing all the time, you never know. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2005, 08:54:04 AM »

Looks like it's about to rain in the Phila Del Phia.  Weather will be hot and humid the next two days but next week is promising to be absolutely bee-yoot-tiffle.  Which is nice since I'll be e & t'ing the entire week at the Jersey shore.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2005, 08:54:44 AM »

It's absolutely pouring rain in the City of York that is New.

None on the western end of the Island of Long (so far)
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2005, 08:57:13 AM »

In my DVD player:  THE MUPPET SHOW FIRST SEASON!!

In my VCR:  a tape to tape tonight's "Battlestar Galactica" (just in case I forget about it)

In my CD player at work:  I don't know yet.  I'm not there.  But possible contenders:  the Japanese cast recording of Disney's Beauty and the Beast or "Everybody Step:  Irving Berlin's Music Box Revues and Other Songs from 1921-1925."  I also have some other stuff at work, so we'll see. ;D
« Last Edit: August 19, 2005, 08:57:49 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2005, 09:03:16 AM »

This is where I hope to be on Monday

http://www.splishsplashlongisland.com/
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2005, 09:06:24 AM »

Bobby Darin will now sing.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jason

« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2005, 09:08:01 AM »

Bobby Darin will now sing.

How freaky - I just saw a Bobby Darin concert on PBS last night! What a bizzarly ecclectic performer he was! He did gospel, jazz, lounge, R&B and impressions!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2005, 09:08:13 AM »

Marge Champion!!!  I still enjoy her dance with Gower to the song "Smoke Gets In Your Eyes" - so lovely.  The last time I saw her was on the syndicated FAME playing a bigoted dance teacher who was put in her place by Debbie Allen (written by Debbie Allen and Directed by Debbie Allen with choreography by Debbie Allen) - and as Judy Garland once said about Ray Bolger:  "Different music - same goddamn dance."

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2005, 09:10:34 AM »

Glad your opening night went well, DR JOSE.

Congrats on the duck, DR SWW.  Hope its name wasn't OTTO.

Friday at last.

VCR: WYATT EARP with Kevin Costner, hope to finish it sometime this weekend.
DVD: THE REAL JAMES DEAN in anticipation of the 50th anniversary of his death next month.
CD: NEW GUY IN TOWN by someone we know.  Still have my favorites on this cd....and my absolute favorite is STILL "Love Look Away" with "Past My Prime" a close close close second!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2005, 09:13:44 AM »

Good morning, all.

Am taking today off.  I busted butt Wednesday and yesterday finishing a project at work.  I worked late Wednesday to ensure I'd be able to finish yesterday.

One final thank you to everyone for the kind expressions of solace over the parting of my feline companion.  The hardest thing I've had to endure, thus far, was getting up yesterday morning and not having Vickie sitting by my bedroom door waiting impatiently for me to put out her fresh food.  

I've had myself a few good bouts of total grief and am moving on.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2005, 09:27:02 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2005, 09:14:04 AM »

Loved the waffle story, DRFJL.

DR GEORGE where is the Japanese Gaston?

Wow - Mifune would have made a great Gaston back in the 7 SAMURAI days.

DARLING - well DR JMK thinks it is NOT a masterpiece, I remember when he posted that.  I can't go as far as to say it IS.....but I love the performances of Laurence Harvey, Dirk Bogarde, and Julie (AA winner) Christie.  AND I love some of the lines....especially Bogarde to Christie: "I don't send whores home in taxis."  And Christie to Harvey: "You do your best work in the bedroom, don't you?"  Harvey's reply: "You underestimate me, darling.  I'm also very good on the telephone." :)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2005, 09:15:34 AM »

Newspaper photo of PIPPIN from yesterday's Banner-Graphic.  8)

Enjoy your day off, DR RON!  ;D

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2005, 09:16:13 AM »

Notice the "arch of the foot" - oh well.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2005, 09:19:30 AM »

"Big Brother 6" Spoilage:

Last night's twist was neat.  I loved everything that happened.  The MAIN thing is for either Rachel or Howie to win the next HOH competition.  If they don't, it's over...except for the shouting.

One thought:  If either Rachel or Howie represents Janelle in veto competition and wins, they should consider saving Jennifer and replacing her with James.  That way, they force "the disciples" to finally vote James off.  I know it's tempting to ignore James, but he must go.  Remember Will Kirby!!!  Everyone thought Will was insurance and that no one would vote for him if he was standing at the end.  But he won.

I pray Rachel or Howie wins the next HOH and puts up April and Ivette (unless Jennifer is still there...I'd substitute Jenn for April...make April suffer in the house as long as possible, I would).
« Last Edit: August 19, 2005, 09:29:08 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jason

« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2005, 09:22:54 AM »

Notice the "arch of the foot" - oh well.

Something wrong with flat-footed people?

;)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2005, 09:25:47 AM »

I'm up, I'm up, and late.

Must run to Staples to Xerox script before heading over to the El Portal.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2005, 09:26:12 AM »

DR Elmore3003's comments yesterday (yes, I've caught up, too) about his get-together with some friends/workmates caught my eye:

Val, Tara, Tyleen and Tiffany sound like great character names for a musical comedy.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2005, 09:31:14 AM »

;)

They're no longer exempted from military service!

They leave bigger footprints in the sand!

Flat feet are "arch" enemies!

Jennifer

« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2005, 09:34:33 AM »

BIG BROTHER LIVE FEEDS SPOILERS

Last night's twist was neat.  I loved everything that happened.  The MAIN thing is for either Rachel or Howie to win the next HOH competition.  If they don't, it's over...except for the shouting.

One thought:  If either Rachel or Howie represents Janelle in veto competition and wins, they should consider saving Jennifer and replacing her with James.  That way, they force "the disciples" to finally vote James off.  I know it's tempting to ignore James, but he must go.  Remember Will Kirby!!!  Everyone thought Will was insurance and that no one would vote for him if he was standing at the end.  But he won.

I pray Rachel or Howie wins the next HOH and puts up April and Ivette (unless Jennifer is still there...I'd substitute Jenn for April...make April suffer in the house as long as possible, I would).

I also loved, loved loved everything about last night (except kaysar going).  But i disagree that they should vote out james.  I really think they need to keep him and try to use him right now.

But who would you vote off between maggie and jen?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2005, 09:41:49 AM »

;)

LOL no of course not - except that Catherine does indeed fall in love with the arch of Pippin's foot....SAII.  ::)

Ginny

« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2005, 09:41:51 AM »

Summer of '76 - I remember it well. I was going into my sixth and seventh months in the womb.

Summer of '76 - DR elmore and I (along with some other lovely folks) put in some very long hours making costumes for our community theatre group to wear on a bicentennial parade float entitled "200 Years of American Theatre."  I wore a bustle.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2005, 09:43:58 AM »

Looks like it's about to rain in the Phila Del Phia.  Weather will be hot and humid the next two days but next week is promising to be absolutely bee-yoot-tiffle.  Which is nice since I'll be e & t'ing the entire week at the Jersey shore.

Ooo, I envy you, DR DtM!  One of our most delightful vacations was a week in a bed & breakfast in Ocean Grove, NJ.  Hope you have lovely weather and a great time!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jason

« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2005, 09:46:04 AM »

They're no longer exempted from military service!

They leave bigger footprints in the sand!

Flat feet are "arch" enemies!

He's back, ladies and germs!

Jason

« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2005, 09:47:06 AM »

LOL no of course not - except that Catherine does indeed fall in love with the arch of Pippin's foot....SAII.  ::)

Ha! You're right! I completely forgot...I should re-read the libretto. It's been a while....

Ginny

« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2005, 09:58:23 AM »

Earlier posts from DRs SWW and FJL have made me hungry for soft-serve ice cream in a WAFFLE cone!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2005, 10:06:31 AM »

Earlier posts from DRs SWW and FJL have made me hungry for soft-serve ice cream in a WAFFLE cone!

I was thinking the SAME THING!  La mem chose!  :D

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #58 on: August 19, 2005, 10:26:18 AM »

Damn! Damn! Damn!  Several weeks ago I sent DRGinny as a lark the CD of the dreadful MARIE CHRISTINE, and now Paypal think her address is my primary one.  As a result, I believe everything I purchased around 4 hours ago is being sent to her home in Ohio!

This day has been such crap and it's not nearly over.  I want to kick ass and kill.  I want to throw things and break windows.  I am not happy.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

FJL

« Reply #59 on: August 19, 2005, 10:27:27 AM »

It's not exactly a waffle reference, but has anyone else tried Haagen Dazs' Caramel Cone ice cream?  It's not soft-serve unless you melt it a little, but I bet it would go really great on a waffle.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Up