Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: MOXIE  (Read 29822 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:MOXIE
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2005, 07:53:24 AM »

Reading that mostly negative review made me wonder if any DRs saw DR. DOLITTLE when it played in London some years ago?
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2005, 07:54:45 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Page *2* Dance!!!![/move]

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2005, 07:55:33 AM »

DR Tomovoz, have you ever seen any episodes of Eve's sitcom, The Mothers-In-Law (co-starring Kaye Ballard?)   I'll add that one to my DVD wish list.

"In the Mirror, ov'r the mantle. I can see you, Mrs. Hubbel"
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Matt H.

« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2005, 07:56:20 AM »

All right. I need to hurry off to shower and shave. Will be back later.

More good wishes for Gulf Coast residents, too.

FJL

« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2005, 07:59:07 AM »

Well, Skip made it back from his San Francisco/Sacramento travels, the only problem being a delay on the second leg of the trip from Houston to Newark.

As to the time machine, I would travel back to anywhere Ethel Merman was doing GYPSY, whether on Broadway or on tour, assuming I could get a ticket.  That's been the theatrical experience that I've most wished I could have seen.  I guess it would be nice to see it in New York on a Wednesday or Saturday, so that i could catch another show, but if I could see Merman in GYPSY I wouldn't be picky about the other trappings.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2005, 08:17:51 AM »

BTW (internet lingo for Bite The Whale), I had a marvelous week at the shores of Jersey with family and then with friends.  The weather couldn't have been more gorgeous!  The ocean water was bathtub warm and the waves were just perfect for boogie boarding and/or jumping upon.  The only bad time I had was a few hours at a waterpark where my sunblock began burning my eyes and I started suffering from Screechy Little Girls Syndrome.  But I did manage conquer my fear of a couple of amusement pier rides that I never thought I'd be able to go on.  Ah, I had meself a time...

Now I'm back in my office, and I'm thinking of this evening when I will be going through withdrawal from Kohr Bros softserv ice cream cones and Johnson's carmel popcorn.  Luckily, I've brought home enough fudge and saltwater taffy to get me through.

And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

vixmom

« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2005, 08:47:17 AM »

Danise

Your Mailbox is full!!!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2005, 08:47:42 AM »

Every time I try to check an outstanding order from Amazon.com, I'm told that my accouont has no orders or transactions.  This crap happens daily with this company, even though I have  emails confirming all orders.  I received the WUTHERING HEIGHTS CD last week, but I cannot find the order in my account page, much less any other orders in the past six months!  Is anyone else having this problem or is it my ineptitude with a computer?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2005, 08:48:16 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

vixmom

« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2005, 08:48:11 AM »

TOD

I'd like to see what Long Island and Manhattan looked like in the early 1600's

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2005, 08:49:16 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.

I'm no fan of the film of The Fantasticks, but that's just me.  I have the original cut, which Harvey sent me when the film was first finished.  I do prefer it to the Coppola recut, but for me Ritchie (the director) has no grace musically.  I think Tunick's orchestrations are okay, but I probably would have preferred elmore's.

vixmom

« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2005, 08:50:25 AM »

Every time I try to check an outstanding order from Amazon.com, I'm told that my accouont has no orders or transactions.  This crap happens daily with this company, even though I have  emails confirming all orders.  I received the WUTHERING HEIGHTS CD last week, but I cannot find the order in my account page, much less any other orders in the past six months!  Is anyone else having this problem or is it my ineptitude with a computer?

By any chance do you have two accounts with Amazon?  I accidently did this by signing up twice with two different email addresses and two different passwords...

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2005, 08:51:00 AM »

elmore, amazon is several notches down of late, in my estimation.  Exactly how are you looking for your orders?

Jennifer

« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2005, 08:58:23 AM »

DR MattH, I do not think Prison Break will be my cup of tea.  But I do plan on watching the first episode since I am dying to have something new to watch.  

Jennifer

« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2005, 09:02:02 AM »

BIG BROTHER live feed comments.

I have not yet read what happened last night.  But let me just say that april is pathetic.  Now they are whining that America could not possibly like janelle (she won america's choice) and that BB must have fixed the contest to have her win. OMG, get a clue, you have a 22% popularity rating, janelle has 80+%.  It was so obvious that she was going to win.

However, I am annoyed that Big Brother announced the winner BEFORE the veto ceremony.  Not too nice of them.

Cillaliz

« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2005, 09:16:12 AM »

I read the VARIETY review of the touring company of DR. DOLITTLE. It was decidedly mixed-to-negative.

The critic didn't like the book at all, didn't like the characterization of Emma Farifax as cold and aloof for much too long in the show (and thought the actress and Tom Hewitt had no chemistry together), and didn't feel there was any humor or anything particularly appealing for children (and the show is being hyped as a family musical.)

I'm going to see it in Des Moines on October 20 while I'm there on a business trip

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2005, 09:17:29 AM »

Why is everyone just sitting there like so much fish?  Where is the MOXIE?  Show me the MOXIE!

VITUPERATIVE, baby, VITUPERATIVE!

That is a hard word to type.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2005, 09:18:41 AM »

elmore, amazon is several notches down of late, in my estimation.  Exactly how are you looking for your orders?

I log into my account, then I go to outstanding or recently shipped orders, and the site tells me there are no transactions or recent orders!

If I go to my email and click on the order number Amazon.com gives me, it takles me to my account and tells me I have no outstanding orderes or transactions!  Total crap.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2005, 09:21:38 AM »

There are so many places and times in history I'd love to visit for a day.  Actually Sioux City in the 1880s was quite a place - or in the days when there were 500 bars here and there was live jazz in most of them.  SC was supposed to be bigger than Chicago, but the depression of the 1890s really hurt that.

I'd love to have been at the Chicago 8 trial in 1969, I would have loved to have been with Lewis and Clark when they first saw the Great Falls of the Missouri in Montana. There are several World's Fairs that would have been cool to see.  I would have loved to dine with Thomas Jefferson and Benjamin Franklin. Hmmm I could go on and on

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2005, 09:26:37 AM »

I am working on a program for an evening with B. Stokes Mitchell and the National Symphony Pops at the Kennedy Center.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2005, 09:27:19 AM »

elmore, try going to the bottom of the amazon home page and clicking on "show all transactions" down there.  That's how I always do it, and I've never had a prob.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2005, 09:31:55 AM »

Oh, they don't seem to have that at the bottom anymore - just the where's my stuff icon and track recent orders.  If your order isn't recent, then, when you get to the page that says you have no orders, there's a pull down menu at the bottom - maybe that will help find them.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2005, 09:35:47 AM »

I would, of course, like to take the haineshisway.com Time Machine and go back to the late '50s in Los Angeles.  That way I could visit all my old haunts and see if they are as I remember them.  

I would also like to go back to late '50s Times Square, so I could attend some movie theaters I never got to attend and see some B'way shows.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2005, 09:47:36 AM »

I log into my account, then I go to outstanding or recently shipped orders, and the site tells me there are no transactions or recent orders!

If I go to my email and click on the order number Amazon.com gives me, it takles me to my account and tells me I have no outstanding orderes or transactions!  Total crap.

DR Elmore, I might be wrong, but I could swear I read in last week's posts (I've been trying to catsup) that you said that you bought the Wuthering Heights on eBay, not Amazon.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2005, 09:49:03 AM »

DR Elmore, I might be wrong, but I could swear I read in last week's posts (I've been trying to catsup) that you said that you bought the Wuthering Heights on eBay, not Amazon.

DRDan(TheMan), you scare me!  You're absolutely right.  The shipment I got from Amazon.com last week was the new Paul Lynde bio.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2005, 09:55:23 AM »

Oh... As for the Topic of the Day...

New York City anytime between 1890 and 1955.  *And maybe I could finally and truly resolve the mystery surrounding the couple featured in that famous photo taken in Times Square at the end of World War II.

Seattle to see what the "underground" looked like when it was above ground.

Boston during the Revolutionary War period.  Just always been fascinated with that city during that time in history. -And I'd be sure to pick up a few things from Paul Revere's shop too!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2005, 09:56:35 AM »

DR elmore - I'm finally getting ready to head out.  To where is still to be decided.  I'll call you later.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2005, 09:58:52 AM »

Hmm... Maybe I'll head down to the Tarzan open call and check out the mad house it surely is... Hmmm...  In any case...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Jennifer

« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2005, 10:08:16 AM »

DR Elmore, re: amazon. I think you should email their customer service with your order numbers and ask them what is up.  They normally reply with crap form letters. But if you keep at them you should get an answer to your question.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #58 on: August 29, 2005, 10:08:54 AM »

I know for a fact that I pre-ordered the new "Cinderella" coming out in the Platinum Edition from Disney.  Yet, it appears nowhere in my account information.

So, I ordered it again, hoping that the system would "remind me" that I had already pre-ordered it.  Nothing happened.

If I get two copies, I'm sending one back on their dime.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #59 on: August 29, 2005, 10:09:36 AM »

Hmm... Maybe I'll head down to the Tarzan open call and check out the mad house it surely is... Hmmm...  In any case...

Laters...

Perhaps they'll need a gofer to hold the auditioners' shirts while they're checking out physiques?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up