Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: MOXIE  (Read 29824 times)

Jennifer

Re:MOXIE
« Reply #60 on: August 29, 2005, 10:10:32 AM »

More BIG BROTHER LIVE FEED COMMENTS:

And why is april telling mags that the Diary room keep telling her to vote out Janelle and not james.  Not liking that either.  And I have no doubt that it is true.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #61 on: August 29, 2005, 10:15:55 AM »

Big Brother 6 Spoilage:

BIG BROTHER live feed comments.

I have not yet read what happened last night.  But let me just say that april is pathetic.  Now they are whining that America could not possibly like janelle (she won america's choice) and that BB must have fixed the contest to have her win. OMG, get a clue, you have a 22% popularity rating, janelle has 80+%.  It was so obvious that she was going to win.
However, I am annoyed that Big Brother announced the winner BEFORE the veto ceremony.  Not too nice of them.

April has let slip that BB has tried to urge her to backdoor Janelle rather than James.  This time, the BB interference/manipulation (and that's what "Big Brother" is really all about...spinning propaganda and trying to get folks to do what BB wants...) may backfire unless the "fiendsheep" get all worked up again.

Ivette's pathetic poor sportsmanship should see her popularity rating drop a few more points.  The very idea that she believes she's "owed" something when she's been unable to win anything, hasn't solved any puzzles, or done anything to merit anyone's respect/admiration speaks volumes about her unrealistic, feverishly juvenile sense of "entitlement."

April, who has won HOH, the Veto and $3,000 is certainly NO ONE to talk about anyone else being UNdeserving.  She is the worst of the bunch, IMO.  She thinks she deserved the reward because she's the only one who is married.  Is that pathetic or what?

I sincerely hope they backdoor James...and then find that they "rue" the day they did it.  If only Howie and Janelle can control HOH the next few weeks, then and only then will JUSTICE be done in that sick, sick, sick BB house.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #62 on: August 29, 2005, 10:17:44 AM »

Hmm... Maybe I'll head down to the Tarzan open call and check out the mad house it surely is... Hmmm...  In any case...

Laters...

Be very careful.   Don't eat a banana before going.  If they smell banana on your breath, it may cause a riot among the actors applying for roles as apes.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #63 on: August 29, 2005, 10:19:11 AM »

BB 6:

James probably guessed right when he remarked that BB producers probably told Eric he was wildly popular and that his group has "fed" on that notion ever since he left the house.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #64 on: August 29, 2005, 10:19:32 AM »

DRDan(TheMan), you scare me!  

That's what I'm here for!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jennifer

« Reply #65 on: August 29, 2005, 10:21:32 AM »

More BIG BROTHER LIVE FEEDS SPOILAGE.

DR RonP, looks like we were commenting on the same thing at the same time.  I find it really wrong if Big Brother is telling april to vote out janelle (instead of backdooring james).  IT was sort of funny when april told maggie that is what BB wanted (and maggie was like "well we're not gonna do it".)  Hmm, could it be reverse psychology on BB's part? I doubt it.

The thing i don't get is why they would rather have james stay, when they know janelle is more popular with the fans.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #66 on: August 29, 2005, 10:32:10 AM »

Thank you, MattH and Elmore, for your responses about Marvin's Room. I found a review for a local production online last night, and one of Sandra's high school buddies she was hoping to find is in it.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #67 on: August 29, 2005, 10:33:21 AM »

Reading that mostly negative review made me wonder if any DRs saw DR. DOLITTLE when it played in London some years ago?

I bought the London cast recording last year at a dollar store...for only a dollar!  I bought three copies. ;) I was thinking about selling the other two on eBay, but I saw that a friend of mine here in Olympia also bought it because she was selling it on eBay.  It didn't sell. :-\
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #68 on: August 29, 2005, 10:33:26 AM »

This morning I went for a walk, and I found this yellow-headed blackbird in a flock with some red-winged blackbirds:
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #69 on: August 29, 2005, 10:40:27 AM »

Another time-machine trip for me would be to my hometown of Camden, NJ during the late 50s when it was still a thriving city and was Philly's sassy little sister.  There were two major department stores (Lit Brothers and Woolworths), a convention hall which housed both basketball and roller derby, and what I believe was a road-show movie house.  

I went to college at Rutgers in Camden, but by that time you didn't want to stray too far from campus.  Even these days, with the Tweeter Center, the waterfront Aquarium, the Campbell's Baseball Stadium and the RCA Towers Condos, it's still not the kind of place one would want to take a night time stroll.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #70 on: August 29, 2005, 10:47:52 AM »

Perhaps they'll need a gofer to hold the auditioners' shirts while they're checking out physiques?

Gotta run... heading out to the Tarzan open call now!!! ;D
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #71 on: August 29, 2005, 10:49:36 AM »

TOD: I would also like to checkout the "colonies" in the 1770's  I would probably have to disguise myself as a man tho' , women probably cpouldn't get into any of the really interesting places back then...

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #72 on: August 29, 2005, 10:55:58 AM »

Why is everyone just sitting there like so much fish?  Where is the MOXIE?  Show me the MOXIE!
OK!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #73 on: August 29, 2005, 11:03:12 AM »

I'm surprised no one has come up with this idea yet:

Dallas, Texas, November 22nd, 1963.  Buy myself a really good camera.  Position myself on the now-famous grassy knoll.  Take pictures.

Kick myself for forgetting to take off the lens cap.   ::)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #74 on: August 29, 2005, 11:19:17 AM »

Ben, I share your antipathy for the film version of THE FANTASTIKS.  It has none of the simple magic that the stage version has.  I think there are some pieces that are so intrinsically theatrical that any attempt to realize them in some sort of realistic, representational context destroys them.  I feel the same way about the films of MAN OF LA MANCHA and THE ROYAL HUNT OF THE SUN.

It was said that Gene Kelly had wanted to shoot BRIGADOON on location in Scotland.  I think it would have destroyed the fantasy of the piece and I'm glad it has the unreality and better-than-real-life illusion the sound-stage provides.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #75 on: August 29, 2005, 11:23:12 AM »

The new TV season gets underway tonight with Fox's two hour premiere of PRISON BREAK, a serialized drama on the order of '24.' I am not planning on watching it, but just a reminder for those who might have been interested.

Do you have a link, not just for Fox, for the new season?  I’m curious if I should set TIVO for any news shows that might begin while we are away.

td

• td
« Reply #76 on: August 29, 2005, 11:25:28 AM »

TOD:

June 28/29, 1969.  53 Christopher Street.  Greenwich Village.  New York, NY.

June 22, 1815.  Kingdom of the United Netherlands.

October 16, 1793.  Paris.  France.

November 22, 1963.  Dealy Plaza.  Dallas.  Texas.
November 24, 1963.  Dallas.  Texas.

March 24, 1964.  Winter Garden Theater.  New York, NY.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Jane

« Reply #77 on: August 29, 2005, 11:27:42 AM »

I only have six days left to prepare for the kitchen remodel and our trip.  The good news is the house sitters will pack up everything I don’t get to.  

At the moment my adrenaline is rushing so I opted not to walk this morning and am busy setting up two mini kitchens, one in the laundry room and a second one in our guest bathroom.  We need two for the days we don’t have access to the laundry room.  There isn’t room for everything in our guest bathroom, plus the laundry room is more convenient with the large sink and it’s location to the refrigerator in the garage.    

Jane

« Reply #78 on: August 29, 2005, 11:28:21 AM »

DR Laura, lovely photo.

Back to work before I loose my momentum.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: August 29, 2005, 11:31:18 AM »

And just where in tarnation IS dear reader Sandra.  I believe she will be in for quite a bitch-slapping for her errant and truantness.

Back in the early 70s, Gower Champion was going to direct a film version of The Fantasticks - I know this because I auditioned for The Boy.  I would love to see what he would have done with it.

Jason

« Reply #80 on: August 29, 2005, 11:34:06 AM »

DR Jose stole mine: I'd like to be in Times Square when the picture of 'the kiss' was taken.

I'd like to spend a day on the Titanic, but I'd want my 24 hours to end just before the ship went down.

I'd like to be a clandestant observer of Mr. Cristobal Colombo and his cronies when they "discovered" North America.

I'd be fascinated to observe the Salem witch trials.

I'd love to go back and see a performance of HAMLET or ROMEO AND JULIET in the original Globe Theatre, perhaps sitting next to Mr. Shakespeare himself.

I'd like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony. I'd like to buy the world a Coke and keep it company.

I'd like to be at the opening night of OKLAHOMA!

That's a lot of wishful thinking...

Stuart

• No one is alone.....
« Reply #81 on: August 29, 2005, 11:40:40 AM »

Greetings all.

First day of school on this campus.  Much buzzing about by new students, and much training to do for my new student box office employees.

Oy.

TOD:
Late 50s NYC.  Not only to see the shows, but to shop!  Altmans and Bonwits, which I caught on their tail ends (moreso with Bonwits), would have been in full bloom, not to mention all the other by-gone charmers of that era.

And maybe after the theatre, catching the wonderful Dolores Grey at the Persian Room, or someone else in some other boite.

'Twas all formal dress, martinis and Chrysler New Yorkers (or Imperials) then, wasn't it?

vixmom

« Reply #82 on: August 29, 2005, 11:42:23 AM »

I was sent this by a couple of different people , thought I'd share this with you HHW'ers

IT HAS BEEN CALCULATED THAT IF EVERYONE IN THE UNITED STATES DID NOT PURCHASE A DROP OF GASOLINE FOR ONE DAY AND ALL AT THE SAME TIME, THE OIL COMPANIES WOULD CHOKE ON THEIR STOCKPILES.

AT THE SAME TIME IT WOULD HIT THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY WITH A NET LOSS OF OVER 4.6 BILLION DOLLARS WHICH AFFECTS THE BOTTOM LINES OF THE OIL COMPANIES.

THEREFORE SEPTEMBER 1ST HAS BEEN FORMALLY DECLARED "STICK IT UP THEIR @$$ " DAY AND THE PEOPLE OF THIS NATION SHOULD NOT BUY A SINGLE DROP OF GASOLINE THAT DAY.

THE ONLY WAY THIS CAN BE DONE IS IF YOU FORWARD THIS E-MAIL TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN AND AS QUICKLY AS YOU CAN TO GET THE WORD OUT.

WAITING ON THIS ADMIINSTRATION TO STEP IN AND CONTROL THE PRICES IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE REDUCTION AND CONTROL IN PRICES THAT THE ARAB NATIONS PROMISED WEEKS AGO?

REMEMBER ONE THING, NOT ONLY IS THE PRICE OF GASOLINE GOING UP BUT AT THE SAME TIME AIRLINES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES, TRUCKING COMPANIES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES WHICH EFFECTS PRICES ON EVERYTHING THAT IS SHIPPED. THINGS LIKE FOOD, CLOTHING, BUILDING MATERIALS, MEDICAL SUPPLIES ETC. WHO PAYS IN THE END? WE DO!

WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. IF THEY DON'T GET THE MESSAGE AFTER ONE DAY, WE WILL DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN.

SO DO YOUR PART AND SPREAD THE WORD. FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW. MARK YOUR CALENDARS AND MAKE SEPTEMBER 1ST A DAY THAT THE CITIZENS OF THE UNITED STATES SAY "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH"

I am not really sure how this is supposed to hurt the oil industry, people will just get their gas the day before or the day after.  Now if people would all sell their SUV's and HumVees and buy fuel efficient vehicles and carpool more and use public transportation more I can see the oil companies feeling a drop in their profits...opinions? comments?

Jennifer

« Reply #83 on: August 29, 2005, 11:50:29 AM »

DR Jane, go to http://www.tvrules.net

Just scroll down till you see it.

They have every major station's listings for the Fall Season (abc, nbc, cbs, fox, wb, upn).  It show all the premiere dates.

Only problem for me re: any shows is that I haven't read about most of them yet (the Tv Guide and US Weekly fall previews aren't out yet).

Ben

« Reply #84 on: August 29, 2005, 12:03:07 PM »

Vixmom, the e-mail you received has been floating around the internet for a LONG time, it's a variant of one from as recent as May 2004. Here is a link to the letter and corresponding deconstruction of the argument from About.com, which has a reputable site on urban legends and the like. BTW (or Bite the Whale as DtM said earlier), the man at About says it's not a feasible idea.

http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_no_gas_may_19th.htm

MBarnum

« Reply #85 on: August 29, 2005, 12:25:22 PM »

BK, I am glad you started in on the ADAM-12 dvd...I knew you would enjoy all the location filming.

MBarnum

« Reply #86 on: August 29, 2005, 12:29:11 PM »

The HHW time machine would plop me right down in Los Angeles circa 1955. I would first go and visit Universal studios where I would hope to spot Allison Hayes on her way to the set of SIGN OF THE PAGAN, and see Rex Reason, Lori Nelson, and any number of other Universal contract players.

Then I would rent a convertable and drive to the coast and take a stroll around Muscle Beach to see some of my interviewees as they looked in their prime (beef). ;D

OH, and I would probably have to stop off at Bob Mizer's home  8)   DR Elmore and DR JRand55 know the reason why! LOL!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: August 29, 2005, 12:38:33 PM »

OH, and I would probably have to stop off at Bob Mizer's home  8)   DR Elmore and DR JRand55 know the reason why! LOL!

DRMBarnum, the whole world knows why:  you're looking for a date (an archaic term in several of the DRs' dictionaries).
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #88 on: August 29, 2005, 12:42:20 PM »

I was sent this by a couple of different people , thought I'd share this with you HHW'ers...I am not really sure how this is supposed to hurt the oil industry, people will just get their gas the day before or the day after.  Now if people would all sell their SUV's and HumVees and buy fuel efficient vehicles and carpool more and use public transportation more I can see the oil companies feeling a drop in their profits...opinions? comments?
People use the vehicles they feel comfortable with.  You're not going to get them to change their behaviors as easily as that.

For that matter, using public transportation is not an option in many areas, nor is carpooling.  (And I've been a long-term user of both, in the past.)  

We need to restructure our priorities, sure, but this includes several measures, not one rather silly protest (which will never happen, because not everyone will take part).  We need to have alternative ways of getting from one place to another.  We need to have alternate fuels.  And we need more refineries.  A large part of the reason gas costs so much is because we have a very limited ability to produce the gas in a usable form; the lack of refineries has created the bottleneck.  If we had more refineries, that bottleneck would be reduced (widened?), and the economic laws of supply and demand would kick in.  But the very people who are squawking the most about our current gas prices are also the people who have refused to allow newer, more cost efficient refineries to be built.  

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #89 on: August 29, 2005, 12:48:43 PM »

Today is St. Sabina's Day, patron of housewives.

In honor of St. Sabina, I suggest that we all dust.

Sure, most dusting really means that you're throwing the dust into the air again, so that it settles on some other piece of furniture, but it will look so festive!

;D
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up