Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: WHEN THE MOOD STRIKES ME  (Read 36329 times)

Jennifer

Re:WHEN THE MOOD STRIKES ME
« Reply #90 on: September 03, 2005, 12:35:15 PM »

Happy Birthday DR MattH!

Tomorrow I will get to watch the 3rd to last episode of Season 1- Veronica Mars.  Then I think we will be exactly caught up with the US.

Only problem is they have not scheduled the last 2 episodes for another 3 weeks! :(

Hopefully I will beg my sister to tape the last 2 for me (this wed and next).  Although she is having a baby very soon, and her hubby doesn't know how to use the VCR. :)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #91 on: September 03, 2005, 12:36:26 PM »

Now I need to go get ready for tonight, but will be back later on to report on the evening's festivities.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #92 on: September 03, 2005, 12:38:03 PM »

So, you'll see the VEROINCA MARS episode where Veronica helps a friend at school break up with her abusive boy friend? Sme important information gets imparted in this episode.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #93 on: September 03, 2005, 12:41:57 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Ah, a nap.

:)

Of course, now I feel ready for another one.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #94 on: September 03, 2005, 12:44:00 PM »

OK - I should get up and do something.  I've been hearing the sounds of the vacuum cleaner going for the past couple of minutes, and I'm smelling various smells from the kitchen.   Guess we're having company over tonight.   Which means I should probably make myself presentable.  Or scarce.  Or both.

;)

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #95 on: September 03, 2005, 01:09:20 PM »

I ended up donating to the Red Cross through amazon.com.  Seemed like a decent system...just hope the money goes where it's supposed to go.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #96 on: September 03, 2005, 01:12:23 PM »

Congrats Jose on Lestat!! I will definitely make a spring trip to NYC to see it.

Cillaliz

« Reply #97 on: September 03, 2005, 01:12:43 PM »

Happy Birthday Matt H! Hope it is a wonderful one

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #98 on: September 03, 2005, 01:14:59 PM »

Just about everybody could have a bone to pick with one or more items - we we should all be able to agree on the last!

Mullings
Rich Galen
•   Let me make this clear: Everything which has happened as the result of Hurricane Katrina is my fault. Mine. Alone. No one else's. Stop wasting energy pointing fingers and put your hands to work helping out. It was me. Got it?

•   I was a United States Senator from Louisiana in 2001 when the levee at Lake Pontchartrain was declared unsafe and I didn't have enough clout with my Senatorial brethren to get sufficient money appropriated to fix it. It was my fault.

•   Notwithstanding my failure on that front, according to wire services:

"In a telephone interview with reporters, corps officials said that … the levees near Lake Pontchartrain that gave way … were completed and in good condition before the hurricane.

"However, they noted that the levees were designed for a Category 3 hurricane and couldn't handle the ferocious winds and raging waters from Hurricane Katrina, a Category 4 storm when it hit the coastline. The decision to build levees for a Category 3 hurricane was made based on a cost-benefit analysis in the 1960s. "

•   Oh. I almost forgot. I was the Commander-in-Chief of all United States Armed Forces in the 1960s which includes the Corps of Engineers. The cost-benefit analysis? My fault.

•   It is my fault that, as the Governor of Louisiana, I didn't foresee the need to have enough Louisiana National Guard troops - the vast majority of whom are NOT currently in Iraq, or Afghanistan or, for that matter, Indiana - pre-positioned and ready to preserve order.

•   I, frankly, forgot that there is a portion of the population which will steal anything from anyone given any opportunity and then will blame it on me because I didn't - in spite of ample warnings by sociologists from large Eastern Universities - foresee the need to have 27" flat-screen television sets available to every family in the New Orleans city limits as soon as the electricity went out. That one WAS my bad.

•   It is my fault that, as Mayor of New Orleans, I was boogying down Bourbon Street the night before the hurricane hit rather than being where I should have been - on the roof of the Superdome pounding in extra nails to hold the roof on.

•   As the architect of the Superdome, it was my fault for claiming that the Dome could survive 200 mile-per-hour winds. It couldn't even handle a relatively gentle160 mile-per-hour zephyr. Strap me to my drafting table and set me adrift.

•   Global warming? My fault. Despite the fact that nearly every serious climatologist in America has stated over and over again that there is no clear evidence tying human-generated greenhouse gasses to global warming, and even if there were, there is no evidence tying global warming to hurricanes in the Atlantic basin, I was opposed to the Kyoto treaty and so it is my fault.

•   It is also my fault that during the administration of Bill Clinton the US Senate rejected the terms of the Kyoto protocols by a vote of 95-0. That would be zero, zilch, nada, nil, bupkis.

•   As the Grand Poohbah in Charge of all TV Coverage, it is my fault that there is constant video of looters and almost none of humanitarian activities. I am the person who issued the statement: "No more rescue footage UNLESS the person rescued complains about how long they had to wait or, if he shoots at the rescuers."

•   And, finally, as Chairman of the National Association of Gasoline Producers it is my fault that I had the bad judgment to put so much of my drilling, refining and transportation assets in a hurricane-prone area like the Caribbean basin. What…was…I…thinking?

•   If I could re-do that whole thing, I would have put all that equipment in Lake Erie and Lake Michigan. There may not be any oil there, but hurricanes are very rare.

•   So. There you have it. Everything that has happened is my fault.

•   Now. Shut up and help.

[/size][/quote]

der Brucer
« Last Edit: September 03, 2005, 01:23:16 PM by DERBRUCER »
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Cillaliz

« Reply #99 on: September 03, 2005, 01:24:08 PM »

Just about everybody could have a bone to pick with one or more items - we we should all be able to agree on the last!

der Brucer
Sorry, I don't believe it's time to shut up, I believe it's time to speak up, but I am continuing to do that in other forums and not here.

Cillaliz

« Reply #100 on: September 03, 2005, 01:24:32 PM »

I also think it's time to help, they aren't mutually exclusive

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #101 on: September 03, 2005, 01:37:57 PM »

You can post anything you like here, Cillaliz.  

Went to Cinecon and hung out for a couple of hours.  Very slow in the Dealer's Rooms - many of them complaining that it's just been dead as a doornail.  Saw a couple of dealer friends, too, which is always nice.  I picked up some theater souvenir programs - some from Broadway, some from the road - got Call Me Madam with Stritch, Cabaret with Signe Hasso (the production I saw here in LA), On a Clear Day from B'way, the tour of Birdie with Joan Blondell, the B'way Music Man with Preston and Cook, the tour of Half a Sixpence (which I saw here in LA).  I'll look through them in a bit.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #102 on: September 03, 2005, 01:39:30 PM »

Also, a dealer had If A Man Answers on DVD, and I'd never picked that up, so I bought that and the documentary about the Smothers Brother's censorship travails about their TV show.  I'd seen it before and remember enjoying it very much, and had no idea it was out on DVD.

Shall now eat some foodstuffs and finish Top Hat.

Cillaliz

« Reply #103 on: September 03, 2005, 01:43:03 PM »

Thanks BK. I didn't feel like I couldn't. I'm just involved in other groups setting up more specific aid funds and we are all venting like crazy about the situation.

Actually, I have an attorney friend who is working with the musicians union in Houston to set up a fund to get aid to the musicians of New Orleans. They are working on including both union and non-union musicians, but the aid will go directly to them. I will definitely post about it here when I have the details.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #104 on: September 03, 2005, 01:53:18 PM »

Happy B-day DR MattH, hope your festivities this evening are fun fullied.

I FINALLY got my new CD-RW hooked up correctly so I'm now able to burn at the office!!

Matt H.

« Reply #105 on: September 03, 2005, 01:55:05 PM »

I'll be leaving for my evening at dinner in about 45 minutes, so I'm going to watch some TV show on DVD to pass the time. I guess it'll be a CSI season disc. I have a bunch to pick from.

MBarnum

« Reply #106 on: September 03, 2005, 02:10:13 PM »

My Bollywood mission this weekend, should I choose to accept it (or have time to watch it), is DOUBLE CROSS- EK DOHKA

The plot is about...oh, heck, who cares...with a DVD cover like that it has to be good!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #107 on: September 03, 2005, 02:11:55 PM »

DR MBarnum - ;D

Agreed!
Make Your Own Luck.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #108 on: September 03, 2005, 03:04:12 PM »

I see the cows in the distance....

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #109 on: September 03, 2005, 03:04:14 PM »

Where is our partay???  Let's all have ears of corn.  And I won't be opening the chat room until I see a quorum on the forum.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #110 on: September 03, 2005, 03:08:05 PM »

BOLLYWOOD last night on TCM.  Pretty good!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Tomovoz

« Reply #111 on: September 03, 2005, 03:11:57 PM »

Happy Birthday DR Matt
« Last Edit: September 03, 2005, 03:12:22 PM by Tomovoz »
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #112 on: September 03, 2005, 03:41:46 PM »

Sandra, don't just sit there like so much fish, tell us what you are eating, tell us what you are wearing, tell us how many times a day you brush your teeth.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #113 on: September 03, 2005, 03:53:23 PM »

Sorry, BK, but I was looking at some of my mom's pictures.

Right now the mood is striking me to surf the Net and eat these pizza bagel things, but because my teacher HATES me, I have to write an essay. I'll make sure it's as dry and boring as possible so that he'll be just as miserable as I am.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Ginny

« Reply #114 on: September 03, 2005, 04:17:10 PM »

Birthday greetings to DR MattH!

This is the first weekend since July 23 that I haven't either had to work on Saturday or be involved in some way with my mom and aunt, so I've spent it at home pampering myself and DH Richard and DS Rob.  We had pecan waffles and bacon for brunch, watched Michigan football (a decisive, but not slam-dunk victory over Northern Illinois), and had a taco party for dinner during the second half of the game.  For dessert we had homemade brownies and a choice of cherry chocolate chip or vanilla orange swirl ice cream.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #115 on: September 03, 2005, 04:25:24 PM »

Why is everyone sitting there like lumpen pieces of herring?  Let's get some life going on, let's get some pep and vim and snazz going on.  Food call - what has everyone eaten thus far?

DERBRUCER

« Reply #116 on: September 03, 2005, 04:25:29 PM »

...I'm now able to burn at the office!!

Saint Joan and the ladies of Salem will be delighted!

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #117 on: September 03, 2005, 04:28:13 PM »

Food call - what has everyone eaten thus far?

Blueberry Muffin slathered with real butter.

Ham, Turkey and cheese sandwich on rye.

der Brucer

Ginny

« Reply #118 on: September 03, 2005, 04:30:23 PM »

Food call - well, not only did I eat everything in my previous post, but I prepared it, too!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

François de Paris

« Reply #119 on: September 03, 2005, 04:35:25 PM »

Hope you have a nice birthday celebration, DR Matth!
Cheers to you!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Up