Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: FEELING RANDY  (Read 97555 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:FEELING RANDY
« Reply #90 on: September 08, 2005, 09:00:58 AM »

My middle name is Randall.

And there is an old-time cowboy movie star named Jack Randall - although no one has ever admitted that THAT is where my name came from!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #91 on: September 08, 2005, 09:03:18 AM »

Page Four Jack Randall Dance.

;D

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #92 on: September 08, 2005, 09:04:10 AM »

Yes it is OPENING NIGHT, DRMATTH!

And thanks!  It should be interesting!

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #93 on: September 08, 2005, 09:05:14 AM »

Dance, cowboy, dance!
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #94 on: September 08, 2005, 09:06:13 AM »

One of my co-workers is having a bad day.

First, he was scheduled to have double-bypass surgery on Sept. 7.  Last week, he got a call saying the surgeon would be out of town this week and that he was being rescheduled for Sept. 14.

(Wouldn't you just love THAT happening to you???).

This week, he has been calling to confirm surgery and to get details as to where to go and what he needs to do, etc.

Yesterday, he learned they did not have him scheduled.

Today, all hell has broken loose.  He got a call at home last night telling him the surgery certainly IS scheduled and that he should call the surgeon's office today to have his questions answered.

The surgeon has employed a staff of morons.  My co-worker had to spell his last name THREE TIMES for whatever lump was on the other end of the phone.  Then SHE could not find him scheduled for anything!!!  

She then began talking to someone in the office about "this guy on the phone who thinks he's gonna have heart surgery next week but he's not on the computer" and she did not cover the mouthpiece.  When she began talking to my co-worker he told her he'd call her back.  He slammed down the phone and cursed for five minutes or so.

He made another call and confirmed that he was supposed to get information from this office.

He called back, and to his suprise they had "found him" and he had been scheduled "all along" ("tee-hee," I guess).

He then got louder and louder and louder as he tried to get information about reporting time, where to enter, where to check in, when to check in and then finally exploded:

"Tell that son-of-a-bitch that any surgeon who would employ you to deal with patients who are riding on emotional rollercoasters is not to be trusted to cut open anything, much less a human heart!"

(There were a few "f" words thrown in there, but I think you all get the gist).

And I don't blame him.  Ineptitude has no place in a heart surgeon's office...especially when it comes to customer service.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2005, 09:08:37 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #95 on: September 08, 2005, 09:06:57 AM »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! When?

No details yet--I picked this up at All That Chat.  It doesn't sound like a wild rumor, though.

*Sigh...*
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jennifer

« Reply #96 on: September 08, 2005, 09:10:14 AM »

I need help!

I am wondering if any of you electronically gifted people can help me.  One of my VCRs is having problems.  It doesn't really like most tapes. And sort of likes to eat them.  It doesn't ruin them. But i really want to fix this.  I've heard that if i open the top i can see the pinch roller.  And that it might have a lot of gooey stuff on it that i need to wipe off with a q-tip.

Well i have no idea what a pinch roller looks like. I took off the top, but still have no idea. i'm trying to find a pic online so at least i can know what to do.

Has anyone done this before?

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #97 on: September 08, 2005, 09:18:58 AM »

DR Jennifer, I applaud your efforts to fix it, but I've found that once a VCR starts eating tapes, it needs replacement. I certainly have some things on videotape that aren't on DVD and never will be (Tonys, interviews taped off TV), and I couldn't risk losing anything due to an ornery VCR.

I have taken the tops off of several VCRs before to extract chewed up tapes or to clean the video heads, but I've never fiddled with the pinch roller. It's the piece that swings onto the tape and presses down when you turn it on. Put in a tape with the top off and see the wheel that comes down on the top of the tape curface to push it down as the videohead reads it.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

vixmom

« Reply #98 on: September 08, 2005, 09:21:20 AM »

One of my co-workers is having a bad day.

First, he was scheduled to have double-bypass surgery on Sept. 7.  Last week, he got a call saying the surgeon would be out of town this week and that he was being rescheduled for Sept. 14.

(Wouldn't you just love THAT happening to you???).

This week, he has been calling to confirm surgery and to get details as to where to go and what he needs to do, etc.

Yesterday, he learned they did not have him scheduled.

Today, all hell has broken loose.  He got a call at home last night telling him the surgery certainly IS scheduled and that he should call the surgeon's office today to have his questions answered.

The surgeon has employed a staff of morons.  My co-worker had to spell his last name THREE TIMES for whatever lump was on the other end of the phone.  Then SHE could not find him scheduled for anything!!!  

She then began talking to someone in the office about "this guy on the phone who thinks he's gonna have heart surgery next week but he's not on the computer" and she did not cover the mouthpiece.  When she began talking to my co-worker he told her he'd call her back.  He slammed down the phone and cursed for five minutes or so.

He made another call and confirmed that he was supposed to get information from this office.

He called back, and to his suprise they had "found him" and he had been scheduled "all along" ("tee-hee," I guess).

He then got louder and louder and louder as he tried to get information about reporting time, where to enter, where to check in, when to check in and then finally exploded:

"Tell that son-of-a-bitch that any surgeon who would employ you to deal with patients who are riding on emotional rollercoasters is not to be trusted to cut open anything, much less a human heart!"

(There were a few "f" words thrown in there, but I think you all get the gist).

And I don't blame him.  Ineptitude has no place in a heart surgeon's office...especially when it comes to customer service.

That's horrible.  We need to get Bk's bitch slapping machine over there to that doctor's office right away.

Is your co-worker still going through with the surgery with this doctor or is he looking for a new doctor now?

Matt H.

« Reply #99 on: September 08, 2005, 09:22:09 AM »

Yes, that kind of ineptitude with medical issues is really inexcusable. Makes me furious just reading about it.

Jennifer

« Reply #100 on: September 08, 2005, 09:22:25 AM »

Okay why does this pic confuse me??? :(

Jennifer

« Reply #101 on: September 08, 2005, 09:25:33 AM »

DR MattH, I have 2 VCRs and i find this one usually is okay as long as I just keep the same tape in it.  I just heard it was easy to get the gummy stuff off. Only problem is I didn't know where to look.

Matt H.

« Reply #102 on: September 08, 2005, 09:26:35 AM »

OK, luncheon is served, so I need to get off here and eat it.

WBBL

Ginny

« Reply #103 on: September 08, 2005, 09:28:36 AM »

Crap!  I just read that Barrymore's is closing.  Evidently, Disney wants to build a hotel on that block and everyone sold out for the big bucks.  *Sigh...*

Oh, No!  Wonder if they'll still be open the first week of October for one final farewell?  DR DtM, please provide details as you receive them.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matt H.

« Reply #104 on: September 08, 2005, 09:31:31 AM »

DR MattH, I have 2 VCRs and i find this one usually is okay as long as I just keep the same tape in it.  I just heard it was easy to get the gummy stuff off. Only problem is I didn't know where to look.

As I said, put in a tape with the top off and press play, and once the tape enters the chamber, you'll see the wheel that comes down to press the front (shiny part of the tape). That's the wheel you're looking for. You should use a bad tape, of course, in case it gets jammed. Then take the tape out and use a q-tip to clean it. Don't know if it will do the trick, but you can at least try that.

Ginny

« Reply #105 on: September 08, 2005, 09:35:27 AM »

TOD:

Maria Muldaur songs "Don't You Feel my Leg" and "It Ain't the Meat, It's the Motion."

Erica Jong book Fear of Flying.  When I was about 22, I called my mother and when she answered she didn't even say HELLO.  She just said, "Have you read Fear of Flying?"  When I said NO, she said, "Well, DON'T!"  Of course, I went right out and got a copy and devoured it.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #106 on: September 08, 2005, 09:36:37 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.

A bit groggy, but alive, but alive, but alive.

When I was a child, a very randy popular book was the randy Candy.  

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #107 on: September 08, 2005, 09:36:53 AM »

DR Jennifer:  There are tape-cleaning devices...just like VHS tapes, only you put a drop or two of solution on them, then insert them into the player.  The solution and the "tape" go through a cycle that applies the solution to the rollers and then cleans/dries them.

I always find these in local shops where VHS tapes and cassette tapes are sold.  

You can also use Q-Tip swabs and isopropyl alcohol to do this yourself if you trust yourself to take the top off the player/recorder.

Sometimes, though, tape-chewing trends have to do with adjustments that need to be made...or replacemens.

I'm with Dr MattH....it's far better to buy a new player than risk losing the irreplaceable.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2005, 09:37:25 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jennifer

« Reply #108 on: September 08, 2005, 09:39:53 AM »

As I said, put in a tape with the top off and press play, and once the tape enters the chamber, you'll see the wheel that comes down to press the front (shiny part of the tape). That's the wheel you're looking for. You should use a bad tape, of course, in case it gets jammed. Then take the tape out and use a q-tip to clean it. Don't know if it will do the trick, but you can at least try that.

Oh i thought i had to unplug it before taking the top off.

Jennifer

« Reply #109 on: September 08, 2005, 09:42:09 AM »

DR Jennifer:  There are tape-cleaning devices...just like VHS tapes, only you put a drop or two of solution on them, then insert them into the player.  The solution and the "tape" go through a cycle that applies the solution to the rollers and then cleans/dries them.

I always find these in local shops where VHS tapes and cassette tapes are sold.  

You can also use Q-Tip swabs and isopropyl alcohol to do this yourself if you trust yourself to take the top off the player/recorder.

Sometimes, though, tape-chewing trends have to do with adjustments that need to be made...or replacemens.

I'm with Dr MattH....it's far better to buy a new player than risk losing the irreplaceable.

I have one of those tape cleaning tapes.  It helps.  I don't usually put tapes in this vcr (it is my second one). I just normally keep the same tape in it and it works okay.  But i wanted to try to fix it.

Btw, it doesn't really eat/destroy tapes. At worst it just gobbles a little bit.

Jennifer

« Reply #110 on: September 08, 2005, 09:43:29 AM »

I'm not sure i will get another vcr, since i already have one. Maybe a dvd recorder.  But i would still like to try to see what happens if i clean the goop off this one. We shall see. Thanks.

Jennifer

« Reply #111 on: September 08, 2005, 09:47:23 AM »

DR RonP, sorry about your friend.  That is lousy service and he should definitely let the surgeon know how his staff treats people.

DR MattH, I also am not sure about REUNION. I will tape it and decide later whether to watch it.  I know my sis is planninng on watching it. And she said she thinks i will like it.  I will definitely watch the OC (well tape it since it's on at the same time as Big Brother).  Hopefully Janelle will win HOH this week.

vixmom

« Reply #112 on: September 08, 2005, 09:47:44 AM »

I'm not sure i will get another vcr, since i already have one. Maybe a dvd recorder.  But i would still like to try to see what happens if i clean the goop off this one. We shall see. Thanks.

well just in case

http://www.shopzilla.com/10J--VCRs_-_cat_id--11980000__prerd--1__sort--5

vixmom

« Reply #113 on: September 08, 2005, 09:57:25 AM »

Matt H. (opr anyone else for that matter) do you have a DVD recorder?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2005, 10:05:42 AM by vixmom »

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #114 on: September 08, 2005, 10:05:33 AM »

DR Jen, you might want to run over to Radio Shack and buy a VCR head cleaner.  The only thing about that though is that there are wet cleaners and dry cleaners and I remember that one is very good and that the other could potentially damage the tape heads and I can't remember which did which.

My current VCR has self-cleaning tape heads.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

MBarnum

« Reply #115 on: September 08, 2005, 10:05:38 AM »

You're welcome.

*Of course, if we end up stopping in Little India, then DR MBarnum will, well... He'll be very happy.

;D

I will be doing Little India earlier that week, hopefully, so if we go through there I should have it all out of my system! LOL!

Jennifer

« Reply #116 on: September 08, 2005, 10:18:40 AM »

DR Jen, you might want to run over to Radio Shack and buy a VCR head cleaner.  The only thing about that though is that there are wet cleaners and dry cleaners and I remember that one is very good and that the other could potentially damage the tape heads and I can't remember which did which.

My current VCR has self-cleaning tape heads.

Is the cleaning tape with the drops a head cleaner?

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #117 on: September 08, 2005, 10:29:10 AM »

Is the cleaning tape with the drops a head cleaner?

Yep.  It should really clean everything--the heads, the drum and the capstans.

I'm beginning to think that it the wet cleaner that is the better one.
-- Anaïs Nin

vixmom

« Reply #118 on: September 08, 2005, 10:29:37 AM »

I called the doctor I'm going in to get my head looked at this afternoon.... I now understand those people who drill holes in their own skulls to reduce the pressure!!!

Jason

« Reply #119 on: September 08, 2005, 10:36:30 AM »

Vixmom - I'm having a little sinus thing going on today, too. It's not NEARLY as bad as what yours sounds like, though. Sounds to me like you have a sinus infection, of which I am all too familiar.

Hope you feel better soon!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Up