Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: FEELING RANDY  (Read 97506 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:FEELING RANDY
« Reply #150 on: September 08, 2005, 12:35:38 PM »

I'm simply teeming with excitement about tonight's festivities, Jose. Hopefully good food, hopefully a good production of a show that I absolutely DO NOT KNOW (who knew?), and guaranteed good company. What more could a girl ask for? Thanks for the invite!

I never has seen Artie's...or La Cocina...but I trust DRs Ben and Jose's judgements on dining establishments. I'm up for whatever!

Hmm.. Well, maybe we'll do Artie's or La Cocina tonight then since that will put us just a few blocks away from the Park.  Now there's also an Ollie's up in the neighborhood.  Beard Papa is a couple of blocks down.  Edgar's Cafe, Popover, Sarabeth's, Good Enough To Eat, etc., etc.  I'm sure we'll find something to eat.

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #151 on: September 08, 2005, 12:37:34 PM »

YEAH!!!

PAGE SIX!!!!

I think it's time to break it down for a bit and have everyone do some popping and locking.

HIP-HOP!

*And that hip-hop routine last night on "So You Think You Can Dance?" has been my favorite combination so far on the series.  Just a great combination of dancers and choreography.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jason

« Reply #152 on: September 08, 2005, 12:40:08 PM »

Hmm.. Well, maybe we'll do Artie's or La Cocina tonight then since that will put us just a few blocks away from the Park.  Now there's also an Ollie's up in the neighborhood.  Beard Papa is a couple of blocks down.  Edgar's Cafe, Popover, Sarabeth's, Good Enough To Eat, etc., etc.  I'm sure we'll find something to eat.

I've been to Good Enough To Eat. They live up to their name! I've heard of Sarabeth's and Popover, but Edgar's Cafe eludes me. Lead on, food guru...lead on.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #153 on: September 08, 2005, 12:40:24 PM »

DR Jennifer - First question:  You've kept the same tape in that VCR?  For how long?  -Even tapes need to "breathe" every now and then.

Second question:  How old is your VCR?  If it's more than five years old, you'd be better off buying a new one.  Alas, it's hard to find a cheap VCR nowadays since the advent of DVD players - cheap DVD players - but you may be able to score a deal.  I've seen some DVD/VCR combos under the $100 price point lately.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jason

« Reply #154 on: September 08, 2005, 12:41:36 PM »

Word.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2005, 12:44:20 PM by Jason »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #155 on: September 08, 2005, 12:42:39 PM »

I've been to Good Enough To Eat. They live up to their name! I've heard of Sarabeth's and Popover, but Edgar's Cafe eludes me. Lead on, food guru...lead on.

Well, I'm probably going to aim toward either Artie's or La Cocina.. Or possibly Edgar's.

I do love Good Enough to Eat and Popover, but dinner at both places can get a bit pricey.  And since I'm in the midst of watching my pennies right now...

Or we could just grab a slice of cake and/or pastry at Cafe Lalo and call it dinner!

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #156 on: September 08, 2005, 12:44:08 PM »

In any case...

DR Jason - I'll meet you down at MTI around 5:30.  I need to make a run to midtown anyway - which I just remembered.

DR elmore - We should be up in your neighborhood around 6:00 then.  Any other suggestions for where to sup this evening?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #157 on: September 08, 2005, 12:44:31 PM »

Hmm...  Well, I was going to do some laundry this afternoon...  Hmm...

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Jason

« Reply #158 on: September 08, 2005, 01:01:26 PM »

Or we could just grab a slice of cake and/or pastry at Cafe Lalo and call it dinner!

If we're even going to consider the banana pudding at Magnolia, I'm going to have to veto this suggestion. I'm fat enough as it is!  ;)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #159 on: September 08, 2005, 01:02:51 PM »

If we're even going to consider the banana pudding at Magnolia, I'm going to have to veto this suggestion. I'm fat enough as it is!  ;)

I just need to see how late Magnolia is open on a Thursday night...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #160 on: September 08, 2005, 01:06:20 PM »

Until 11:30... We'll walk fast to catch the C down to Columbus Circle, then transfer over to the A.

Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #161 on: September 08, 2005, 01:08:26 PM »

Matt H. (opr anyone else for that matter) do you have a DVD recorder?

Yes, I do have one - a Panasonic.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #162 on: September 08, 2005, 01:10:26 PM »

I just received this from a friend, can anyone verify the information in this? Woody?

Woody's at work, so I'm doing the house work.

A. This appears to be an "old " Email, wildly posted on the net.

B. I suspect the numbers have gone up by now!

C. Searching the net for the souce yielded no results, but it did uncover this:

der Brucer

We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #163 on: September 08, 2005, 01:13:00 PM »

Oh behalf of those of us travelingin from Long Island, I thank you  :D

I presume "travelingin" is a bottle of Beefeaters carried on the LIRR for emergency libations!

der Brucer

Matt H.

« Reply #164 on: September 08, 2005, 01:16:00 PM »

Thanks for the info, DR. Jose. If LESTAT is a hit and is running next year (and we're lucky enough to score seats), I'll enjoy coming down to the pit and saying hello to someone I actually KNOW instead of just waving at strangers and telling them how much I'm enjoying it.

Matt H.

« Reply #165 on: September 08, 2005, 01:17:51 PM »

DR Jennifer - First question:  You've kept the same tape in that VCR?  For how long?  -Even tapes need to "breathe" every now and then.

Second question:  How old is your VCR?  If it's more than five years old, you'd be better off buying a new one.  Alas, it's hard to find a cheap VCR nowadays since the advent of DVD players - cheap DVD players - but you may be able to score a deal.  I've seen some DVD/VCR combos under the $100 price point lately.

DVD/VCR combos ARE the norm now. It's very rare to find a good quality simple VCR now, and the combo units for basic quality are well under $100 eve for some name brands.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #166 on: September 08, 2005, 01:18:17 PM »

And aren't you glad Ted Kennedy is a Senator, instead of a Congressman?  Just think of how those numbers would grow!!!)

Actually, Vixmoms post was for Congressmen (535, 435 Representatives and 100 Senators), so "Chapaquitic Teddy" was included.

der Brucer

Matt H.

« Reply #167 on: September 08, 2005, 01:20:17 PM »

I finished THE NIGHT OF THE HUNTER enjoying it thoroughly. Lillian Gish was a wonderful symbol of life and hope in that movie.

Matt H.

« Reply #168 on: September 08, 2005, 01:22:36 PM »

I also finally got around to watching RENO 911! The Trudy wedding wasn't very funny, but I did enjoy some of the other skits. The governor's aide with eyes for Junior was a funny sequence.

Matt H.

« Reply #169 on: September 08, 2005, 01:25:15 PM »

My DVD of THE STING did arrive today (along with the filmes Garbo), so I will be watching it tonight, at least as much as I can see up to REUNION. I am going to give it a try, but I will opt out of it if it bores me or fails to involve me.

And that means my reunion with '1776' will be postponed for another few days, I guess. I'm anxious to get to some of the Garbo films and that documentary that I didn't watch the other night knowing it was going to be in this set.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #170 on: September 08, 2005, 01:28:25 PM »

And what has precluded darling Rodzinski and TPunk from logging on from HOME.  No, this will NOT do, and a bitch-slapping will be coming if they do not post this very evening.

I forgot to mention that many scenes in Crash were filmed a mere two blocks from my home, on Ventura Blvd. right here in Studio City.

I have shipped a big store order, picked up one paltry package, and ordered two big deli platters for Saturday's party.

I've had a check from Footlight sent three weeks ago never arrive.  BILLS - they arrive the day after they're sent, but checks - Noooooo, they go astray, never to arrive.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #171 on: September 08, 2005, 01:35:48 PM »

Hmm...  Well, I was going to do some laundry this afternoon...  Hmm...

;)

Which one of your eating haunts has washing machines?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ginny

« Reply #172 on: September 08, 2005, 01:43:54 PM »

Oh, I've neglected all day to tell you all how delightful A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum at Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park was last night.  We had great seats (it's pretty hard to have a bad seat in that venue).  The set was clever, with a lot of Cincinnati references.  The band was on the rooftops among the clouds.  Pseudolous carried the show, of course, but everyone was strongly cast.  Now, we'll see how Jackie, the Cincinnati Enquirer critic feels about it.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #173 on: September 08, 2005, 01:48:02 PM »

I'm happy to announce that the site for Rewind will be live at some point today.  There, you will be able to read a little sample of chapter one, and, of course, order the book.  The book won't really be shipping until mid-October, but preorders are most appreciated and how I judge how many to order.  We'll make certain that there is a little something extra for the first fifty preorders - a little sparkling surprise.

Matt H.

« Reply #174 on: September 08, 2005, 01:50:16 PM »

I also watched a little bit of BATMAN AND ROBIN on HBO-High Definition this afternoon. The movie is terrible (but one of my guilty pleasures anyway), but I have to say those colors just came popping off the screen, and Clooney and Chris O'Donnell never looked lovelier.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #175 on: September 08, 2005, 01:52:40 PM »

Off to meet DR Jason...  Then DR elmore... Then to meet up with the Two Gents in the Park...  -Hmm... that almost sounds unseemly.

;)

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #176 on: September 08, 2005, 02:07:35 PM »

May I just ask what exactly did Randy do to deserve being felt?   (Sound of birds chirping as TCB mulls over any number of possible punchlines).

Good luck tonight, JR.

House update:  Well the thot plickens.  In going out and looking at every conceivable (and even a few inconceivable, LOL) houses in this neck and shoulder of the woods, we have met many an interesting person, yes, many an interesting person.  One of these was another developer whose little eyes lit up when I told him what was going on with our house.  He jotted down our name and number, but said he had to move some of his current "inventory" (I think he meant houses, though he did have an herbal aroma about him, if you catch my drift), so we didn't expect to hear from him.  Lo and behold, I get a call from his realtor today.  She wants to come right over and look through the house, which I let her do.  She asked me how much we wanted.  I mentioned a figure quite a bit higher than the I had with the first developer.  Her eyes got rather wide (with excitement, I think, hopefully not shock) and she said, "Is that for the house and the lot, or just the house?"  I said for the house and the lot.  She responded, "I'm sure you'll be hearing from Bob soon."

I think I need to go into sales or something.  ;)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #177 on: September 08, 2005, 02:07:54 PM »

What a surprise I had today!

My co-workers took me to lunch to celebrate my birthday (since I was off on that date last Friday).

They took me to one of my favorite restaurants -- "Il Pescatore" at Jack London Square.

I had a special -- orange roughie with bordelaise sauce.

For dessert we got chocolate mousse cake and key lime pie and shared it among the nine of us.

I'm extremely "uncomfortable" right now, but it was very, very, very (that's THREE "verys") good.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2005, 02:08:33 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #178 on: September 08, 2005, 02:09:27 PM »

P.S.  Rosh Hoshana:  now G-d knows I wasn't raised particularly Jewish, but we tend to fast on Yom Kippur, not Rosh Hoshana.  And hopefully all you east coasters will lift a glass to toast my birthday one day early (October 6).  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Matt H.

« Reply #179 on: September 08, 2005, 02:10:54 PM »

That's the kind of "uncomfortable" feeling I never mind suffering through!  :D
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up