Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down

Author Topic: FEELING RANDY  (Read 97586 times)

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
Re:FEELING RANDY
« Reply #210 on: September 08, 2005, 05:18:55 PM »

TORCH DONG TRILOGY?

I DON'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING!

der Brucer (if I were "the othet Bruce" I'd go back and fix it!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2005, 05:19:28 PM by DERBRUCER »
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Ginny

« Reply #211 on: September 08, 2005, 05:33:12 PM »

Just ordered my copy of Rewind.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #212 on: September 08, 2005, 05:36:04 PM »

Experiment department:

In celebration of the new Tigard Pops season kicking off tonight, here is a little general MIDI file of my original "Autumn Lullaby", which will be performed as a wordless vocal (think Anuna or Clannad, and no, those are not rare communicable diseases ;) ).  Hopefully this will be a stress relieving 5 minute soundtrack for some of you, though its conversion to general MIDI leaves something to be desired (especially the percussion tracks).  This also serves as a cautionary tale as to what happens when a 10 year old listens to too much Paul Mauriat.   :o  Click here:

http://hometown.aol.com/jmkauffman/autumnlullaby.mid
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #213 on: September 08, 2005, 05:43:24 PM »

Experiment department:

In celebration of the new Tigard Pops season kicking off tonight, here is a little general MIDI file of my original "Autumn Lullaby", which will be performed as a wordless vocal (think Anuna or Clannad, and no, those are not rare communicable diseases ;) ).  Hopefully this will be a stress relieving 5 minute soundtrack for some of you, though its conversion to general MIDI leaves something to be desired (especially the percussion tracks).  This also serves as a cautionary tale as to what happens when a 10 year old listens to too much Paul Mauriat.   :o  Click here:

http://hometown.aol.com/jmkauffman/autumnlullaby.mid

Paul Mauriat?  Love is Blue?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #214 on: September 08, 2005, 05:45:13 PM »

In today's mail:  "The Sting" and "To Kill A Mockingbird" (2-CD new edition).

And speaking of "To Kill a Mockingbird," click HERE for an interview with the girl (actually, now a 52 year old woman) who played Jean Louise "Scout" Finch, Mary Badham.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #215 on: September 08, 2005, 05:47:28 PM »

Because Mr. Mark Bakalor is a very busy boy - I don't know that it will get listed here at all.  Did you read the excerpt, elmore?  Did any of it seem familiar?

I did not, Dear Friend BK, because I want to experience it all at once.  However (sob!), I do know of other acquaintances who have read the magnum opus.  But I'm not jealous.  Or hurt.  Really.  I'm not.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #216 on: September 08, 2005, 05:49:57 PM »

Very lovely, Jeffrey!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Cillaliz

« Reply #217 on: September 08, 2005, 05:53:00 PM »

BIG BB SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JANELLE DOES IT!!!!! SHE IS HOH!!!!!!

Tomovoz

« Reply #218 on: September 08, 2005, 05:55:34 PM »

Love is Blue - a Eurovision Song Festival losing song (for Vicky Leandros).
It was a fascination with Eurovision that introduced me to OzDerek.
Thanks JMK.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

George

« Reply #219 on: September 08, 2005, 05:56:37 PM »

And speaking of randy movies (and books, too), the movie based on Rupert Holmes' book "Where the Truth Lies" has gotten an NC-17 rating!  Here are some excerpts from the article:

"Where the Truth Lies" stars Kevin Bacon, Colin Firth and Alison Lohman. The film includes several explicit sex scenes, including one with Bacon, Firth and Rachel Blanchard....

[The director, Atom] Egoyan and Blanchard appeared before a 10-member panel in Los Angeles on Wednesday to state their case. The panel voted 6-4 to overturn the NC-17 rating -- one vote short of the two-thirds needed....

Egoyan said the rating is an "unwarranted response given the story it's telling and the way it needed to be told."

He said that while some scenes could be trimmed or replaced by footage shot from other angles, others, including the threesome, could not because they were shot with one camera and no alternative depictions exist.

"We couldn't trim any more without destroying the heart of the movie," Egoyan said.

I had no idea!  I just requested the book from my library. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Tomovoz

« Reply #220 on: September 08, 2005, 05:58:10 PM »

Thank you for the link George. (for the Tequila link)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2005, 06:16:36 PM by Tomovoz »
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

George

« Reply #221 on: September 08, 2005, 05:58:35 PM »

And a chance to see Colin Firth and Kevin Bacon in a scene (or scenes) that got a movie an NC-17 rating??  I'm there!! ;D

Cillaliz

« Reply #222 on: September 08, 2005, 05:59:28 PM »

It is a very hot book, George.  After one chapter, I almost needed to roll over and have a cigarette!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2005, 05:59:50 PM by Cillaliz »

Cillaliz

« Reply #223 on: September 08, 2005, 06:01:15 PM »

Gotta go, I promised a friend I'd meet him tonight, so I better go

Ginny

« Reply #224 on: September 08, 2005, 06:10:47 PM »

And speaking of randy movies (and books, too), the movie based on Rupert Holmes' book "Where the Truth Lies" has gotten an NC-17 rating!

DR George - The joke here in SW Ohio is that NC-17 means "Not in Cincinnati, nor within a 17 mile radius!"
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #225 on: September 08, 2005, 06:14:13 PM »

Off to Tigard Pops.  Thanks, TCB & ToO.  ;)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

FJL

« Reply #226 on: September 08, 2005, 07:21:00 PM »

DR JMK - To clarify, yes, the fast day isn't until Yom Kippur.  But what i was talking about was being observant (to a point, since I will take a train or bus to see my family) on Rosh Hashanah, which normally includes a bit of fervent prayer and eating kosher during the actual high holy days themselves.  I'm assuming that wherever the HHW group eats on Oct. 5th won't be kosher, so that's why I'm glad it's probably not going to be until after sundown, when the actual holy day is over.

Got my Stages/Schmidt/Spirtas package today also.  Excellently packaged all around; can't wait to listen to them.  Maybe I'll put them in my CD player right now in case there's a media check soon here on HHW, and I've had the same five CD's in the player for weeks now anyway, so it's time for a little added excitement.

FJL

« Reply #227 on: September 08, 2005, 07:32:36 PM »

I hope you'll forgive the shameless shilling and self-promotion, but LAST STARFIGHTER has made it to Kritzerland's "upcoming releases" page.  I'm not mentioned on the page by name, but I'm thrilled to be there on the Kritzerland site in spirit.

www.kritzerland.com/upcomingreleases.html  
« Last Edit: September 08, 2005, 07:43:42 PM by FJL »

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #228 on: September 08, 2005, 08:07:17 PM »

DR MATTH - I saw only a few minutes of the GARBO special and the silent screen test footage shot for Walter Wanger in 1949 is very interesting.  I think it was shot by William Daniels, but the slates are quick and I only saw a few of them.  She seems to be in good spirits....and I didn't see any color shots, but they may have shown them first.  Her makeup artist didn't do her any favors, but then again, these were never meant to be seen by the general public.  It was very very interesting, and I will be interested in your reaction to them.  A few years older, but very candid and relaxed.....

I will watch it at some point tomorrow. I really want to see how ANNA KARININA looks, my favorite of her films, even more so than CAMILLE or QUEEN CHRISTINA, but I probably will watch the documentary first and then ANNA K.

Thanks for the heads up!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #229 on: September 08, 2005, 08:15:57 PM »

I managed to watch the entire THE STING tonight before REUNION came on.

As bk supposed, I, too, think this transfer is not of very recent vintage. It's just not quite as sharp as I was expecting. Oh, it looks perfectly fine, but I noticed very early in one shot some terrible aliasing as the camera passed by some Venetian blinds. That almost never happens with movies any more, especially if your've got an HDTV set to recognize film based material using 3:2 pulldown (in an enhanced transfer to boot) and a good progressive scan DVD player. There were even a couple of places where the color looked pasty and on the verge of fading.

Now, most of it looked perfectly fine, and I'm thrilled to have any kind of enhanced transfer as opposed to what was available earlier on DVD, but I felt just the least little bit letdown.

I listened to the new repurposed DTS track, and while it did have much more bass, not a whole lot of music was sent to the rear speakers making the ix very front heavy. The El-train rumbling by a few times is about all I noticed coming from the rear speakers.

Matt H.

« Reply #230 on: September 08, 2005, 08:19:06 PM »

I have to say I did enjoy the first episode of REUNION. Yes, there is lots of teen angst among these six teenagers in the pilot episode, but since we only spend a few episodes while they're in their teens, I guess I can stand it. Every episode is a year in their lives so we'll move out of this uneasy period soon enough. As yet, we don't know which of the six is going to die. We did see one of the six in the present day sequences, so obviously that character will be with us throughout the entire season.

Matt H.

« Reply #231 on: September 08, 2005, 08:21:52 PM »

In case I don't get a chance to get on-line tomorrow morning, I'm driving to my friend's new home 40 miles away to help him set up his electronic equipment for his home theater.

Thankfully, they already have everything, so there's nothing to go purchase. They just need help remembering how it was originally set up since they didn't make any diagrams when they took it all apart when they moved.

Matt H.

« Reply #232 on: September 08, 2005, 08:22:34 PM »

Oh, so the point I was making is that I may be E&T for about half the day tomorrow. I have no idea when I'll get back home.

Matt H.

« Reply #233 on: September 08, 2005, 08:25:09 PM »

I then watched the CSI episode which I DVRed while I was watching REUNION. Had to do with two women who died from lethal injections of hydrogen peroxide in attempting to stay youthful looking.

The name of the episode?  "Crow's Feet."
« Last Edit: September 08, 2005, 08:25:53 PM by Matt H. »

Matt H.

« Reply #234 on: September 08, 2005, 08:38:32 PM »

So, since I will have an early morning and will be on the road instead of sitting at my desk merrily typing away tomorrow, I will say good night now.

Hope everyone has a good evening.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #235 on: September 08, 2005, 08:46:41 PM »

Back from a lovely dinner meeting about which more later.  I'm going to try to watch something on DVD now.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #236 on: September 08, 2005, 09:08:35 PM »

DR DtM - Frances has to have a chapter in your book!

I'll let you and DR JMK ghost write that chapter.  But remember--it has to have a sleezy edge to it.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

MBarnum

« Reply #237 on: September 08, 2005, 09:09:15 PM »

I also am going to try to watch something on DVD. I am taking tomorrow off of work so I can stay up a bit later tonight...if I can keep my eyes open!

Hmmm...maybe one of the Hammer movies!

Jason

« Reply #238 on: September 08, 2005, 09:25:12 PM »

Back from the Delacorte where DR Jose and I saw TWO GENTLEMEN OF VERONA. What a fun time we had. The cast is fantastic (Norm Lewis TORE THAT SHOW UP) and the band, as DR Jose will attest, was hot hot hot.

Dinner with DR Elmore was scandalous. A good time was had by all.

Thanks again, Jose, for inviting me tonight!!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #239 on: September 08, 2005, 09:31:18 PM »

Back from the Delacorte where DR Jose and I saw TWO GENTLEMEN OF VERONA. What a fun time we had. The cast is fantastic (Norm Lewis TORE THAT SHOW UP) and the band, as DR Jose will attest, was hot hot hot.

Dinner with DR Elmore was scandalous. A good time was had by all.

Thanks again, Jose, for inviting me tonight!!

Good Evening!

It was my pleasure, DR Jason.  Always nice to have the company.  And I was glad that DR elmore could join us for dinner too.  *And I'm also glad we got to Artie's when we did.  When I asked to be seated "outside", the hostess got a little hesitant...  Then she "warned" me that her cousin would be our waitress and that it was her first day on the job.  As our meal progressed and more diners were seated in her section, I could tell she was getting a little frazzled and a couple of tables were lacking in attention.  -I come from a food service family, so I'm always aware of such things.  It just happens.  In any case...

We had a very nice dinner, and the conversation was indeed illuminating and scandalous at times.

DR elmore - Love that "composer" story you told.  You should share it with everyone!

;D
« Last Edit: September 08, 2005, 09:32:00 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up