Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: BLACKOUT  (Read 87382 times)

Jason

Re:BLACKOUT
« Reply #210 on: September 13, 2005, 08:39:56 PM »

"Bones" didn't really do it for me, either, and I'm a forensics freak. I'll keep watching to see if it gets any better. "Supernatural," however, hooked me from the get-go and I'm very much looking forward to next week's episode.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #211 on: September 13, 2005, 08:40:29 PM »

But RESCUE ME actually rescued my evening of TV watching. It was a terrific episode, funny in places but also poignant and with some nice cliffhangers for a season ender.

It won't be back until next summer, but I'm already missing it.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #212 on: September 13, 2005, 08:41:02 PM »

I did DVR SUPERNATURAL and will watch it tomorrow.

Matt H.

« Reply #213 on: September 13, 2005, 08:44:48 PM »

I also have VERONICA MARS to wrap up tomorrow evening. Can't WAIT for that.

I'm not sure there are any premieres tomorrow night I care about watching.

I will definitely pass on the new Chris O'Donnell-Adam Goldberg legal series.

Matt H.

« Reply #214 on: September 13, 2005, 09:02:55 PM »

Off to bed now. Hope tomorrow will be a bit cooler than today.

Good night, everyone.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #215 on: September 13, 2005, 09:25:34 PM »

Macchus would love to post, but he is so completely non-computer savvy, he can't ever get his password to work, and he doesn't want to reregister.  Strange, but true.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #216 on: September 13, 2005, 09:26:54 PM »

I humbly apologize for inadvertantly leaving out contest winner Robert Armin from the list.  I had him written down, but I was so tired last night I just missed it when I typed.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #217 on: September 13, 2005, 10:43:53 PM »

Am I to understand that there have been no posts in one hour and fifteen minutes???  Is that what I am to understand?  Am I to understand that haineshisway.com is now populated with nothing but WUSSBURGERS?  In fact, not only WUSSBURGERS, but WUSSBURGERS WITH CHEESE.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #218 on: September 13, 2005, 10:46:48 PM »

I have been out all evening running errands. Now I'm going to bed so we can get an early start in the morning. Good night, fellow Dear Readers.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Tomovoz

« Reply #219 on: September 13, 2005, 10:54:53 PM »

i've been listening to the best of Dave Clark Five.
I wonder if Dave Clark's "Time" will ever make it to CD.

I remember arriving in London the day "Blondel" closed. I've always enjoyed the wit of Tim Rice in the lyrics.

Reminds me of "Twang" which was a disaster but had some funny lyrics.  We have a local production of "Blitz" on Video. Must transfer that too. The show was staged here by a "Youth theatre" and Bart came out for the show.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #220 on: September 13, 2005, 10:55:54 PM »

When I was a senior in high school, I won the National School Choral Award for my school.  It was voted on by the other students in the class, so it wasn't really a "national" award. ::)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #221 on: September 13, 2005, 10:58:55 PM »

I watched "Supernatural" tonight.  It was...interesting.  It held my attention (of course, the attractiveness of the actors helped ;)), but I don't know about the storyline.  The two guys are brothers whose mother died when they were infants (they're estranged now and in their early to mid-twenties).  She was killed supernaturally...I can't even really describe what happened.  Anyway, their father became a ghost hunter-type guy (they were trained to do the same thing) but has been missing for three weeks.  They go look for him and solve a mystery in California where for the last 20 years, men have been disappearing on a particular stretch of highway.  After they solve that mystery, the younger guy's girlfriend dies the exact same way as their mother and they decide to go looking for their dad and try to find out what happened.  Make sense??  Actually, it did while watching it.  But it seems that the whole series is going to be about them looking for their dad and just coming across supernatural mysteries and solving them.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Tomovoz

« Reply #222 on: September 13, 2005, 11:03:34 PM »

Well we're trying to keep the board alive DR George.
I wonder at the fascination with subjects "out of this world" since the X-files had such success. Do we all want to believe that there is more so that we can escape the horrors of reality in the world as we see it.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

George

« Reply #223 on: September 13, 2005, 11:42:47 PM »

"Medium" was a hit and now "Ghost Hunters" is going to premier real soon.  "Supernatural" is yet another "out of this world" type show.

George

« Reply #224 on: September 13, 2005, 11:46:59 PM »

Well we're trying to keep the board alive DR George.
I wonder at the fascination with subjects "out of this world" since the X-files had such success. Do we all want to believe that there is more so that we can escape the horrors of reality in the world as we see it.

Well, "we" don't all believe.  I just like the show "Medium."  I think it's fairly well written and the episodes make sense and have shown real character development over the season...in my humble opinion (IMHO, in Internet lingo).
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up