Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: LEISURE SUIT  (Read 107428 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:LEISURE SUIT
« Reply #90 on: September 16, 2005, 10:06:28 AM »

TOD:

CD: Giselle MacKenzie, Canada's First Lady of Song
VHS: KONGA
DVD: (in honor of DR Jane and her travels) SON OF DRACULA.  I love the 40's Universal monster B's where everyone wears super Vera West clothes and the vampires drive around in coupes and convertibles!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #91 on: September 16, 2005, 10:07:21 AM »

Favorite TV MOVIES OF THE WEEK:

Smashup on Interstate 5
Night Terror
Say Goodbye, Maggie Cole

and I am sure I will find a few others!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #92 on: September 16, 2005, 10:11:56 AM »

Disturbing Page Four Dance.  8)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #93 on: September 16, 2005, 10:15:02 AM »

Question for the Big Brother watchers:
It seems like most of us dislike the Friendship and like Janelle.  Well I have a question.  

I think most people feel like if ivette has the chance she should take Janelle to the Final Two, over her friendship with Maggie. However if it was Janelle in that position (and her friend, kaysar or howie was still in the house) would we feel the same way?

I'm just wondering if our dislike for maggie and ivette is clouding our judgment.  Cause if janelle had to choose between ivette (someone she disliked and we all disliked) and howie/kaysar, I think that we would probably think that she should keep her word to her alliance.

But in the case of ivette, it just seems like she is being coerced into choosing maggie.  Maybe this is the problem. If it were ivette's own free choice then we would feel better about it?

Btw, who thinks ivette will throw the final HOH comp. I do!

I think we have seen ample proof that Janelle and Kaysar and Howie are NOT the same "kinds" of people as Maggie and Ivette.  They are not petty and underhanded.  They did not assume everyone other than them was evil.  They did not eviscerate everyone else behind their backs.  Maggie and Ivette and April and Eric all did that.  So did Jennifer (and she continues to do it with that little shi**y chipmunk grin on her butt-ugly face).

Ivette has made it known from day 1 that she is there for the money and only for the money.  She wants the money.  She needs the money.  It is because of this that we actually believe she should dump Maggie, who will beat her out for the money.  Also, Maggie has implied she has preferences as to whom she would want to be in the final 2 with...and one of them wasn't April.  Why I don't know.  She would have been safe with April.  Possibly, she'd have been safer with April than with Ivette or Janelle, but I think she was the odds-on favorite to beat any one of the three based on the content of the sequester house.  

It's a much different scenario with Janelle and Ivette in the final 2.

First, Janelle is smart enough to realize that when you're in the final 2, the last person you want beside you is a "friend".  I don't think it's clouded judgment to think Ivette ought to realize this.  If, in fact, Ivette only cared about preventing Janelle from winning, she should make every effort to win Phase 3 and evict Janelle.  Maggie would win the half-million dollars if that happens.  

I think Janelle would have been as safe picking Howie as she would be picking Ivette (i.e., I think her chances would be even).  With four women now in the house -- Jennifer, Rachel, Beau and April, and possibly with Maggie joining them -- a woman against a man would probably fare better than a woman against a woman...so Kaysar or Howie would be safe for Janelle...no "moral" dilemma, in other words.  I know they all professed to hate Janelle, but I think gender would have been Janelle's ally, and most of the women have conceded that Janelle surprised them, played smart and outplayed them.  I think they would respect her for that.

I think Ivette OUGHT to throw the last phase so that she doesn't have to make the choice she NEEDS to make.  She can't go with Maggie because Maggie will beat her. And she doesn't want to pick Janelle over Maggie because of her "morals", "dignity" and "friendship" issues (which, to the rest of us, are worthless words based upon her actions, thus far).

Janelle most assuredly won't pick Maggie to go to the final two.  Just won't happen.  IMO
« Last Edit: September 16, 2005, 10:26:02 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jason

« Reply #94 on: September 16, 2005, 10:15:06 AM »

Much like the ambush of "Roommate Night," the amateur licensing department is being made to head to Ripley-Greer in a few minutes to sit through the final run-through of the upcoming Broadway Jr. On Tour show that's going out next week. Oh RAPTURE! A bunch of adults playing kids in a big conglomoration of DEAR EDWINA JR/GUYS & DOLLS JR/MUSIC MAN JR. I can't think of a "better" way to spend the afternoon....especially when I have a stack of work to get through.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #95 on: September 16, 2005, 10:17:24 AM »

DR MATTH - I forgot that Lucianna was in THUNDERBALL as well....she was hot for a moment or two, anyway.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #96 on: September 16, 2005, 10:17:59 AM »

AHHH!!! The horror! The HORROR!!!

ROTFLMAO
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #97 on: September 16, 2005, 10:19:00 AM »

I was on the class song committee for my high school graduating class to pick a song to be sung at "Class Night" (a pre-graduation ceremony).  I bullied the committee to use ONCE UPON A TIME, with slight lyric alterations, for our class song that night.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #98 on: September 16, 2005, 10:19:26 AM »

Favorite TV MOVIES OF THE WEEK:

Smashup on Interstate 5
Night Terror
Say Goodbye, Maggie Cole

and I am sure I will find a few others!

DR JRand, what was NIGHT TERROR about?  And do you remember the title of the one with Lois Nettleton as the DA who finds herself trapped in a womens prison with sadistic guard Ida Lupino?
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

vixmom

« Reply #99 on: September 16, 2005, 10:19:35 AM »

To DRs Ron Pulliam, TCB, and vixmom:

I put something in the mail for each of you today, so be on the lookout for it next week.

Thank YOU!!!

MBarnum

« Reply #100 on: September 16, 2005, 10:22:16 AM »

I recall a fun TV movie starring Jan from THE BRADY BUNCH in which she was some type of reform school girl.

SUMMER GIRL is my all time favorite TV movie.

vixmom

« Reply #101 on: September 16, 2005, 10:23:22 AM »

This gives me an idea.

Tarlie, der Brucer's daughter (my out-of-stepdaughter) thinks it would be wonderful to get her eldest son, Alex, the Harry Potter books, in order to get him more interested in reading.  Der Brucer and I think this is not the best idea, since Alex is eight, and the first book is written more with a ten- or eleven-year-old in mind.

However, if we were to get him the Jim Dale recordings, he could read along with the recording.  It could make things easier for him.
Vixter read the first one when she was in 2nd grade.  We would read them out loud together and she didn't find any of the language too difficult to read.  I think it is the SIZE of the book that becomes intimindating

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #102 on: September 16, 2005, 10:23:41 AM »

Much like the ambush of "Roommate Night," the amateur licensing department is being made to head to Ripley-Greer in a few minutes to sit through the final run-through of the upcoming Broadway Jr. On Tour show that's going out next week. Oh RAPTURE! A bunch of adults playing kids in a big conglomoration of DEAR EDWINA JR/GUYS & DOLLS JR/MUSIC MAN JR. I can't think of a "better" way to spend the afternoon....especially when I have a stack of work to get through.

Well, since Sweeney Todd is in rehearsals, maybe you could dawdle in the hallway for a bit, and give a listen through the door.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #103 on: September 16, 2005, 10:28:26 AM »

Ah, well.. I did not hear back about the tickets to the NYMF show I was hoping to see - I have a few friends in it, and there was some talk of comps.  However, I may just head down there on my own later and pick up a ticket - I think they're only running $15.  Not bad at all.

OH!  And title of the piece... And it's too bad it won't be running still when DR MBarnum comes to town, since it sounds like something he'd like:

Wild Women of Planet Wongo
Make Your Own Luck.

Jennifer

« Reply #104 on: September 16, 2005, 10:28:56 AM »

DR MattH, OMG I loved the finale of Veronica Mars.  I raced over to my sister's house to pick up the videotape she made for me.  Crazy. Surprising. Action-packed.  I love it. I would encourage anyone to pick up the Season 1 dvd or watch Season 2.  This is my one of my most favorite shows!

Jennifer

« Reply #105 on: September 16, 2005, 10:30:19 AM »

DR MBarnum, I know you don't read the Big Brother live feed feed rants.  But what do you think of the Final 3? Who do you want to win? Who can you not stand? And what do you want to happen on TONIGHT's LIVE SHOW.

Btw, anybody see Survivor last night?

MBarnum

« Reply #106 on: September 16, 2005, 10:33:01 AM »

Last night mom and I watched a motion picture entertainment on DVD titled DRUMS OF THE DEEP SOUTH (1951). It was an entertaining, although silly, civil war film. Watching this film made me realize what a good actress Barbara Payton was...

....and what a bad actor Guy Madison was (at least this early in his career)...

...not that it really matters when you look like this!  :D

MBarnum

« Reply #107 on: September 16, 2005, 10:34:06 AM »

Ah, well.. I did not hear back about the tickets to the NYMF show I was hoping to see - I have a few friends in it, and there was some talk of comps.  However, I may just head down there on my own later and pick up a ticket - I think they're only running $15.  Not bad at all.

OH!  And title of the piece... And it's too bad it won't be running still when DR MBarnum comes to town, since it sounds like something he'd like:

OH, my gosh DR Jose, that would be fun to see! LOL!

MBarnum

« Reply #108 on: September 16, 2005, 10:36:24 AM »

DR MBarnum, I know you don't read the Big Brother live feed feed rants.  But what do you think of the Final 3? Who do you want to win? Who can you not stand? And what do you want to happen on TONIGHT's LIVE SHOW.

Btw, anybody see Survivor last night?

I would like to see Janel, April and Ivette in the final three, with Janel up against April at the end, and Janel winning.

I taped Survivor last night ( I already forced my mom to watch 2 episodes of Big Brother and I don't think she will ever stay at my house again! LOL! So I didn't want to subject her to Survivor).

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #109 on: September 16, 2005, 10:36:48 AM »

Posting from work, Jose! Seems to be working okay today.

I hate it when a reviewer uses his own ignorance to attempt to negate someone's career. Just because he's never heard of ROGER DODGER, THE SECRET LIVES OF DENTISTS, HI-LIFE, etc. does not mean Campbell Scott fell off the planet. What he really means is he and Mary Beth Hurt haven't been in any blockbuster films. This doesn't make them "ghosts of what could have been" or whatever.
Hurt was great in CHILLY SCENES OF WINTER, he got that right though.

vixmom

« Reply #110 on: September 16, 2005, 10:37:47 AM »

We have the movie Wild Women of Wongo (No 'Planet" in the title of my copy)  hysterically funny altjough I do not think that was the intention!  :D

is this a rewrite of that?

MBarnum

« Reply #111 on: September 16, 2005, 10:38:53 AM »

And what are you thinking of those Peanuts girls, Rodzinski? I wonder if they had any kind of running feud with Pink Lady! LOL!

MBarnum

« Reply #112 on: September 16, 2005, 10:40:54 AM »

Soon I will be transporting mom to her brother's house in Portland...with a stop at a pioneer cemetary where her great grand-pappy is buried.

Tomorrow she attends a high school reunion of those who graduated from her school during the 1940s (she graduated in 1948)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #113 on: September 16, 2005, 10:41:17 AM »

We've got a quorum on the forum!  I think I'll go ship stuff now and get it out of the way.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #114 on: September 16, 2005, 10:41:43 AM »

I think I might just reach my new plateau this very day or evening.

Jennifer

« Reply #115 on: September 16, 2005, 10:44:05 AM »

I would like to see Janel, April and Ivette in the final three, with Janel up against April at the end, and Janel winning.

I taped Survivor last night ( I already forced my mom to watch 2 episodes of Big Brother and I don't think she will ever stay at my house again! LOL! So I didn't want to subject her to Survivor).

Um April got voted off on Tuesday. We are down to maggie, janelle and ivette. :)

Would you like to redo your answer? :)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #116 on: September 16, 2005, 10:45:16 AM »

DR JRand, what was NIGHT TERROR about?  And do you remember the title of the one with Lois Nettleton as the DA who finds herself trapped in a womens prison with sadistic guard Ida Lupino?

WOMEN IN CHAINS! What a title!
And also featuring Jessica Walter!

NIGHT TERROR starred Valerie Harper as a woman driving across the country in a station wagon to meet her husband.  Along the way she is involved in a road rage incident and the man in the other car begins to chase her....it's night.....she's lost....she's about to run out of gasoline....we don't see the guy....until.....oh my.  It ends in murder!  And Val is terrific!   8)

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #117 on: September 16, 2005, 10:47:25 AM »

I just found, sitting around here for the taking, 6 CDs of Decca's "Broadway-America's Music" series. From 1935-2005 they span. Nifty!

MBarnum

« Reply #118 on: September 16, 2005, 10:49:28 AM »

Um April got voted off on Tuesday. We are down to maggie, janelle and ivette. :)

Would you like to redo your answer? :)

Oh, that's right! LOL!

Well, I don't care much who is the final two, just as long as Janelle wins.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #119 on: September 16, 2005, 10:50:17 AM »

Vixter read the first one when she was in 2nd grade.  We would read them out loud together and she didn't find any of the language too difficult to read.  I think it is the SIZE of the book that becomes intimidating

Vixter was lucky enough to have parents who cared enough to read with her.  Alex, now in the 2nd grade, doesn't have that advantage.  His father is too busy doing all the cooking after long days in the construction biz, and Mommy doesn't see why she should bother because she's so "busy" doing everything else (including screaming at everyone).  Since der B and I can't be there all the time, getting every other advantage for the lads is a serious concern around here.

Time to get ready for work.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Up