Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE ROUSING NOTES  (Read 81797 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:THE ROUSING NOTES
« Reply #150 on: September 20, 2005, 05:06:58 PM »

Is that film a musical DR George?

I don't think so. :P
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Danise

« Reply #151 on: September 20, 2005, 05:26:56 PM »

Evening folks.

You didn’t know it but today was a big day for me.  I went and got my hair cut.  The fact that you didn’t hear a sonic boom means that for once, I liked it.  

My boss took me with her to her hair dresser because she said she knew how to cut curly hair.  I bet you didn’t know that I really do have curly hair.  When it’s long, the weight pulls the curls out. Now everyone thinks I’ve had a perm/wave but it’s all me.  

DR Ben, thank you so very much for telling me about the MB CD.  

Toothpaste – Crest.  Different flavors.

Soap – Dove  Unscented.

Shampoo – Brilliant Brunette—the entire line.  Conditioner, hair spray, gel, shine shock, etc.

Deodorant – Secret Platinum.  Unscented

Perfume.  I like flower scents.  Rose mostly but what ever it is has to be very light.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #152 on: September 20, 2005, 05:32:08 PM »

So how did dinner go last night?
For some reason, the grandlads only had a half-day at school yesterday.  We picked them up, took them home, and while they watched The Great Race, I handled cooking duties: roast leg of pork, with roasted root veggies, mashed potatoes, and Stouffer's Spinach Souffle.  After the movie, der B worked with them on their homework.

Mind, during all of this there was very little snacking going on.  William thought that some of what I was cooking sounded interesting, but when Alex learned of the menu he decided that he didn't like any of it and wasn't going to eat any of it.  And he was already digging in his heels, long before dinner was ready.

About an hour before dinner, Alex was insisting that he was hungry, and that he had the right to raid the kitchen and snack on whatever he wanted.  I told him "No," firmly, and was met with an angry stuck-out chin and furrowed brow.

Dinner was finally called, and the family sat at the table.  First we all had a salad, simple greens and tomatoes (served separately), with a choice of dressings.  William tried to pour half the bottle of Thousand Island on his salad, to his mother's dismay.  Alex refused to eat any salad ("I Hate Salad!" (those who know me should know how I feel about that word)) and tried to charge into the kitchen again to grab a snack-bag of chips, but was firmly told to return to the table.

The main course of dinner was served.  Alex, of course, refused to eat any of the dinner that was put on his plate.  He had no interest in eating the pork, and the mashed potatoes were made from real potatoes instead of Potato Buds, and he decided they were yucky and that he wasn't going to eat any of them.  But I had made a mistake: I had laid a few strips of bacon over the roast, to help moisten the meat while cooking.  And der Brucer compounded the mistake, by deciding that this could substitute for the meat for Alex, after some additional cooking in the nuker.  The grandlad practically gloated about not having to eat the same meat as everyone else.  Then Mommy knuckled under and gave Alex a large slice of cheese.

So, as far as Alex was concerned, he had won the dinner battle.  He hadn't eaten anything the rest of the family had for dinner.  And that is how he usually gets fed.  He either gets what he wants cooked for him, or he pulls his power plays and eventually gets his way.  This is a kid who also has a major problem with constipation, who hurts after having a stool and also has stomach cramps because he can't "poop", but whose parents cannot take control of his diet.  And one of the major contributors to constipation in young children?  Cheese, of course.

I try to keep a calm exterior, but inwardly I'm seething.  The thought of an eight-year-old child controlling his parents to this extent that it endangers his health, yet they aren't strong enough to stop what is happening, is infuriating to me.

At least the rest of the family enjoyed the meal.   :-\
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #153 on: September 20, 2005, 05:34:38 PM »

Marshall Flinkman was in the Studio City post office with me.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #154 on: September 20, 2005, 05:35:31 PM »

OK, I'm preparing a London Broil today, so I need to go do prep work.

WBBL.
Details, please.  Because we've got the beef on sale at the store, at a very good price, and I could use some suggestions.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #155 on: September 20, 2005, 05:40:07 PM »

Is this a slow news day here at haineshisway.com?

Cillaliz

« Reply #156 on: September 20, 2005, 05:47:46 PM »

Evening folks.

You didn’t know it but today was a big day for me.  I went and got my hair cut.  The fact that you didn’t hear a sonic boom means that for once, I liked it.  

My boss took me with her to her hair dresser because she said she knew how to cut curly hair.  I bet you didn’t know that I really do have curly hair.  When it’s long, the weight pulls the curls out. Now everyone thinks I’ve had a perm/wave but it’s all me.  

DR Danise - do you have a photo yet?

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #157 on: September 20, 2005, 05:48:33 PM »

Marshall Flinkman was in the Studio City post office with me.
I'm glad you had company; post offices can be scary places.

;)

Danise

« Reply #158 on: September 20, 2005, 05:50:12 PM »

DR Danise - do you have a photo yet?
Sorry, no.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #159 on: September 20, 2005, 06:46:38 PM »

What is going on today?  Everyone is on vacation suddenly?  

Donald Feltham is currently having computer issues, so there may not be a new radio show for a week or so.  I'll keep you posted.

Cillaliz

« Reply #160 on: September 20, 2005, 07:00:21 PM »

I was watching the finale of BB6 - well, that was a let down.  

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #161 on: September 20, 2005, 07:51:55 PM »

I like Gray Flannel and Cool Water, DR JRand. I have some of each scent but rarely put them on.

The first cologne I ever got as a gift while a teenager, and thus the first cologne I ever wore was English Leather.

OOH...There's somejng about a man in English Leather....
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #162 on: September 20, 2005, 07:57:32 PM »

What a jam-packed day this has been.  I have not stopped since I woke up this morning.  Also, while the rain looked lovely, the temperature during the rain was actually in the mid-70s and very muggy.  Now the sun is out and it's 80 degrees out.

On the nauseating side: I saw Leonard Maltin today at a little used DVD/CD store in Burbank today.  What do you think Leonard Maltin was doing in said store?  Why, he was selling over 100 DVDs that he received as promo/review copies.  That is why stopped sending out review copies of CDs, unless I know for a fact that they will be reviewed.  I have only sent Kritzerland CDs to people who contacted me and asked for them, and the deal was that I get tearsheets on all reviews.  And I told them all that if CDs aren't reviewed, they stop getting them.

Did you find out who it was selling the one on Ebay?
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #163 on: September 20, 2005, 07:59:52 PM »

No, haven't found out yet.

Why is everyone sitting there like so much fish?

Pogue, didn't you like The Vikings as much as I?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #164 on: September 20, 2005, 08:00:22 PM »

On my way to buy some Diet Coke, which I am shockingly out of.  Back in a mo.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #165 on: September 20, 2005, 08:03:18 PM »

"On the 'Mo" would probably be mine!  ;D

Bah-da boom!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Michael

« Reply #166 on: September 20, 2005, 08:04:39 PM »

Michael, according to the IMDb, there is a 1975 movie by that name!  Here's the synopsis:

Ilsa is an evil Nazi warden at a death camp that conducts "medical experiments". Ilsa's goal is to prove that woman can withstand more pain and suffering than men and therefore should be allowed to fight on the front lines.

I couldn't find any reference to "Casablanca." ::)

I was joking. And if you have ever seen this movie you would know why.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2005, 08:08:18 PM by Michael S »
Never stop dreaming.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #167 on: September 20, 2005, 08:05:31 PM »

Continued with BODY DOUBLE earlier tonight. The transfer was better than I was giving it credit for being; it was actually quite sharp and colorful. Didn't get to the end though how I managed to miss the identity of the killer the first time I saw it is disappointing to me now.

I was so trusting and innocent back then!  :)
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #168 on: September 20, 2005, 08:05:31 PM »

Well, even very expensive cologne can gag me if someone bathes in it. I like to smell just a very light touch of it. Most of the guys I know who use cologne daily use too much of it.

At one time I loved the scent of Obsession on a woman.  But then I worked in close proximity in a small office with a girl who showered herself with it every day.  I am completely turned off by it now.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Matt H.

« Reply #169 on: September 20, 2005, 08:09:31 PM »

I liked BONES a little more tonight. The scientists weren't looked down on quite so much, and they're taking on personalities that interest me, well, except for the busybody junior female of the group who's butting into Bones' love life. I LOATHE that on any show (reference my objection to Judd Hirsch on NUMBERS).

Anyway, a better than average mystery that kept me interested throughout.

Michael

« Reply #170 on: September 20, 2005, 08:10:17 PM »

I am really enjoying listening to Stages. It really is one of my favorite scores.

Also listening to Harvey Schmidt. I don't know why but I expected him to sing. And if he does I haven't got to those cuts yet.
Never stop dreaming.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #171 on: September 20, 2005, 08:13:38 PM »

Here's a link to the Producers movie trailer!
-- Anaïs Nin

Matt H.

« Reply #172 on: September 20, 2005, 08:15:05 PM »

Then I watched SUPERNATURAL for the second time. Just like its predecessor KOLCHAK: THE NIGHT STALKER, it looks like we're going to have a monster of the week. To their credit, they're keeping the monsters in shadows and more suggestive than physical embodiments in front of our eyes. (The few KOLCHAK episodes that did that were among the best ones.)

spoiler

I thought the contrivances were a little much, however. It just happened that the girl's brother was the only one left alive from the group and that the monster hadn't gotten around to eating him yet? Or that he kept the two from the hunting party alive as well when he captured them? And the flare gun just happened to be handy?

Matt H.

« Reply #173 on: September 20, 2005, 08:15:55 PM »

I DVRed MY NAME IS EARL/THE OFFICE and HOUSE tonight, so I won't get to them until tomorrow.

Matt H.

« Reply #174 on: September 20, 2005, 08:17:32 PM »

Finally, I watched the season premiere of LAW & ORDER: SPECIAL VICTIMS UNIT. Christopher Meloni's character undercover as a rapist. Very taut episode with some things happening that will obviously have repercussions during the season.

My favorite show of the night.

Matt H.

« Reply #175 on: September 20, 2005, 08:20:45 PM »

If I can squeeze it in tomorrow, I'd like to revisit BEDROOMS & HALLWAYS.

However, the DVR is finally getting SHALL WE DANCE, the American remake with Richard Gere, off STARZ! early this morning, so I'll have that to watch as well at some point this week.

Tomovoz

« Reply #176 on: September 20, 2005, 08:23:53 PM »

Thank you for "The Producers" link DtM.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #177 on: September 20, 2005, 08:26:09 PM »

Harvey doesn't sing on the album.  

Tomovoz

« Reply #178 on: September 20, 2005, 08:27:44 PM »

Rabbits don't usually sing.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jason

« Reply #179 on: September 20, 2005, 08:40:21 PM »

I just read on Playbill that ALL SHOOK UP will close on Sunday. What a shame...it really is a fun show, and the cast is fantastically talented.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up