Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: THE EYES HAVE IT  (Read 94228 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:THE EYES HAVE IT
« Reply #150 on: September 22, 2005, 03:38:09 PM »

Ahh..."...Lear" and Cordelia....and, for Goneril's sake, it's for the best her other sister is Regan and not Rhea.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2005, 03:38:34 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #151 on: September 22, 2005, 03:38:55 PM »

...And/or maybe some alien force has invaded my body, and I'm now starting to smell funny...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #152 on: September 22, 2005, 03:39:51 PM »

...Or maybe this means that Martha Stewart is going to fire me...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #153 on: September 22, 2005, 03:40:43 PM »

...Or maybe this means I'll have to dance Hip-Hop tomorrow when my forte really is the Argentine Tango...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #154 on: September 22, 2005, 03:41:22 PM »

...Or it could just be that I've watched more than my usual amount of TV the past couple of weeks...

:)

The End
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #155 on: September 22, 2005, 03:41:40 PM »

Alas....

....The Summer knows....no longer....

We are now in the autumnal equinox and it s the first day of "Fall"!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #156 on: September 22, 2005, 03:42:24 PM »

...And/or maybe some alien force has invaded my body, and I'm now starting to smell funny...

Or worse....

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #157 on: September 22, 2005, 03:42:59 PM »

DRs Jason and Ben - Hope you have/had a wonderful time at the movie tonight.  Sounds like an evening filled with fabulosity!
Make Your Own Luck.

Jed

« Reply #158 on: September 22, 2005, 03:47:11 PM »

Guy Haines performing "Terminal" just popped up on my playlist.
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #159 on: September 22, 2005, 03:48:57 PM »

...Or maybe this means I'll have to dance Hip-Hop tomorrow when my forte really is the Argentine Tango...

Things could be worse...you could be fleeing Hurricane Rita...and having to weigh in on such decisions as whether to lend someone like this fellow a helping hand:
« Last Edit: September 22, 2005, 03:51:36 PM by Ron Pulliam »

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #160 on: September 22, 2005, 04:07:53 PM »

According to THIS article on Playbill.com, there is a new Tony Award® catagory!:

"Best Performance by an Actor/Actress Recreating a Role."
According to the article, Actors who replace other actors in long-running shows will now be eligible for a Tony Award. According to a statement released by the Committee, those actors eligible for this category “must not have appeared in the role when the production opened on Broadway. They must also be contracted in the role for a minimum of six months of public performances. Additionally, the producers may not submit more than two candidates per ‘Long-Running’ Show for the Award (including both Actor and Actress) for any such season.”

I've always thought (well, at least for quite a while) that something like this should be done. ;D And now it has!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #161 on: September 22, 2005, 04:12:55 PM »

I like the new category.  Had this been in effect a few years back, both Brent Barrett and Reba McIntire would have been eligible for "Annie Get Your Gun."

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #162 on: September 22, 2005, 04:14:19 PM »

Last night's "Lost" was, as DR MattH reported, absolutely stunning.

I don't know how they're going to sustain things, but the second season is off to a rousing start.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #163 on: September 22, 2005, 04:24:13 PM »

Ok, I'll ask... who is CW?

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #164 on: September 22, 2005, 04:27:12 PM »

Last night's "Lost" was, as DR MattH reported, absolutely stunning.

I don't know how they're going to sustain things, but the second season is off to a rousing start.

I haven't watched it yet!  I didn't leave my work until 9:00 p.m., last night, but I have my niece's tape.  Hopefully, I'll be able to watch it tonight.  I did watch "Invasion."  I liked it but didn't love it.  We'll see how long it lasts.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #165 on: September 22, 2005, 04:31:43 PM »

I'm sure you're all waiting with bated breath to hear what happened at my meeting today with the dreaded Dr. C (and if you're not, pretend you are). So here goes:

First of all, I've been talking to some other students who have taken Dr. C's classes, and not a one of them liked him. In fact, the usual response is, "Dr C? Oh, I hate him!"

I was worried about this meeting mostly because teachers always start off with the same question. "Do you feel that you're getting everything out of the class that you should?" That is a very dangerous question because if you say no, you end up having to make weekly appointments with the teacher. And if you say yes, the teacher says, "Really? How so?" and you have to make up some kind of answer that sounds like you actually care about the class and didn't sign up for it against your will, kicking and screaming.

I was also worried because this is a discussion class, which means I'm actually supposed to participate in class by talking and arguing about the material instead of sitting there counting down the seconds until class is over. And you should hear some of the stuff my class discusses! Oy vey! I knew that he was going to tell me that in the future, I'm going to have to participate in the discussions.

Any way, so my dad and I were discussing how I was going to get around all this, and we decided that if I distracted him somehow, I could get out of answering some questions. So I tried to think of something I could carry into his office and set on his desk that would distract him. Pretty good plan, huh? And what better way to distract somebody than with a decoy?

So I borrowed my mom's new birthday duck decoy. I carried it around with me on the bus, to my art class, and all around school. Then at 2:00, I dragged myself over to his office and knocked on the door...

He wasn't there. I waited for five minutes and he didn't show up. I asked the guy in the office next door if he knew where Dr. C. was. He said, "I'm not really sure. It's not my day to watch him." Then the guy in the office kitty corner said, "The last I saw him, he was on The Fifth Floor."

I don't know what happened, but if The Fifth Floor is involved, it could be anything. I didn't wait around. I just took my duck and went home.

The end.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2005, 04:39:49 PM by Sandra »
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #166 on: September 22, 2005, 04:47:33 PM »

DR Sandra - :)
Make Your Own Luck.

Jennifer

« Reply #167 on: September 22, 2005, 04:48:40 PM »

DR Jose, I don't think you have to register at Kraft Canada before viewing a recipe. I think I just sent the link from my account. I'll try again:

https://www.kraftcanada.com/controller?cmd=RECIPE_VIEW&lang=EN&rid=3161v3ec

Michael

« Reply #168 on: September 22, 2005, 04:52:38 PM »

According to THIS article on Playbill.com, there is a new Tony Award® catagory!:

"Best Performance by an Actor/Actress Recreating a Role."
According to the article, Actors who replace other actors in long-running shows will now be eligible for a Tony Award. According to a statement released by the Committee, those actors eligible for this category “must not have appeared in the role when the production opened on Broadway. They must also be contracted in the role for a minimum of six months of public performances. Additionally, the producers may not submit more than two candidates per ‘Long-Running’ Show for the Award (including both Actor and Actress) for any such season.”

I've always thought (well, at least for quite a while) that something like this should be done. ;D And now it has!

And then they have to supply tickets for all those tony voters. $$$$  Producers will say no?
Never stop dreaming.

Cillaliz

« Reply #169 on: September 22, 2005, 04:54:49 PM »

DR Jennifer, it still says you have to log in, can you cut and paste the recipe?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2005, 04:55:05 PM by Cillaliz »

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #170 on: September 22, 2005, 05:14:50 PM »

It lives 50 feet beneath the city.
It's 36 feet long. It weighs 2,000 pounds.
...And it's about to break out!
It's the 36 foot long, 2000 pound pimple!

:o
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #171 on: September 22, 2005, 05:36:08 PM »

Barbara Cook singing "Eye Scream!"
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #172 on: September 22, 2005, 05:41:36 PM »

I'm thinking about seeing THE BROTHERS GRIMM tonight; it's my last chance, and there's not much else going on.  I will probably be the only one in the theatre.

You'll have to bring your own cell phone to make the experience complete.   :-\

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #173 on: September 22, 2005, 05:42:42 PM »

Famous '50s horror sit-com: Eye Love Lucy!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #174 on: September 22, 2005, 05:46:10 PM »

We've been meaning to tell you about that.

:-*

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #175 on: September 22, 2005, 05:48:39 PM »

Marlon Brando as the despot of a country of cyclops - The Eye Land of Dr. Moreau.

Ginny

« Reply #176 on: September 22, 2005, 05:49:54 PM »

Today is Elephant Appreciation Day.

Our son has a spectacular view from his dorm room at the University of Cincinnati and one of the landmarks he can see is the dome of the elephant house at the Cincinnati Zoo.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #177 on: September 22, 2005, 05:52:42 PM »

I like the new category.  Had this been in effect a few years back, both Brent Barrett and Reba McIntire would have been eligible for "Annie Get Your Gun."
I would have loved to see Brent as Oakley!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2005, 05:55:30 PM by S. Woody White »

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #178 on: September 22, 2005, 05:53:29 PM »

Our son has a spectacular view from his dorm room at the University of Cincinnati and one of the landmarks he can see is the dome of the elephant house at the Cincinnati Zoo.
And, when the wind is blowing in the right direction....????

:o ::) :P

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #179 on: September 22, 2005, 05:54:17 PM »

Well the Vixdad had to work lat edo the Vixter & I treated ourselves to a dinner at Chilis.  The ribs were finger lickn' good!
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up