Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: A DIFFERENT MEAT  (Read 36570 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re:A DIFFERENT MEAT
« Reply #180 on: September 27, 2005, 03:40:41 PM »

Does anyone remeber Peter Kasner's tv series, The Ugliest Girl In Town?

You bet-very funny.  We were sorry when it was cancelled.

Jane

« Reply #181 on: September 27, 2005, 03:42:12 PM »

Our kitchen is now gone!!  The men were great, swept and left everything very neat. :D

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #182 on: September 27, 2005, 03:56:22 PM »

Don't you love it when that happens, Jane?  My sister had her house built last year and, for the most part, the builders/installers were quite neat.  There were just a couple of sloppy paint splotches on the walls (easily fixable), but they otherwise cleaned up the messes that they made.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #183 on: September 27, 2005, 04:00:13 PM »

Sure do!!  It is rare to find workmen so tidy and greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2005, 04:02:24 PM by Jane »

Jane

« Reply #184 on: September 27, 2005, 04:04:40 PM »

Pogue, on our return we were excited to see the framing on the first floor of Janet’s new home.  When we left just the foundation was there.

Ginny

« Reply #185 on: September 27, 2005, 04:10:37 PM »

Jane - When do you leave for your trip east?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Danise

« Reply #186 on: September 27, 2005, 04:47:27 PM »

Evening all!

I'm very busy at work trying to get everything caught up but I don't think I'm going to make it.  Just when I make a dent in the pile, another one shows up!

I’m getting some ribbing about going to NY again.  Especially after the first time, chuckle.  They want to know who “he” is.    

It's pouring down rain as I type this.  I hope I don't bring the rain with me for our trip.   :P

Now that Jane has joined the rest of the ladies at the Comfort Inn (I am right that all the ladies from out of town are at the same hotel, right?)  I think we should dub the Comfort Inn the **Official Ladies of HHW Hotel in NYC**   8)

I wonder if we will all be on the same floor?

Glad to hear that DR Ginny and Elmore had such a nice visit.  Pecan Pie!  Yum!!!  And home made too!!  

Someday, DR Jane, I will have this house redone.  I know there is no “someday” on the calendar but I’m sure it will happen.

Since I am sure he lurks on the most popular site on the internet:  Happy Birthday, Mr. Loaf!  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #187 on: September 27, 2005, 04:50:00 PM »

This morning I went for a walk, and this is what I saw:
« Last Edit: September 27, 2005, 05:42:55 PM by DearReaderLaura »
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Ginny

« Reply #188 on: September 27, 2005, 05:08:54 PM »

Now that Jane has joined the rest of the ladies at the Comfort Inn (I am right that all the ladies from out of town are at the same hotel, right?)  I think we should dub the Comfort Inn the **Official Ladies of HHW Hotel in NYC**   8)

I wonder if we will all be on the same floor?

It's beginning to sound very Thoroughly Modern Millie, isn't it?  Actually, I'm a little nervous about having recommended the CI - hope you all like it.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Danise

« Reply #189 on: September 27, 2005, 05:11:14 PM »

No worries, DR Ginny.   :)  I think it's going to be fine.  Maybe even better then the Muse since they have the free breakfast and Internet.  

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #190 on: September 27, 2005, 05:12:40 PM »

Good Evening!

Back from auditions...

:)

Details to follow...

But first, some dinner...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #191 on: September 27, 2005, 05:13:02 PM »

I thought Geena was just wonderful in THE ACCIDENTAL TOURIST, kooky and very original, but it was a cheat to have her entered in the Best Supporting Actress race. She was the female star of the picture and had second billing. Kathleen Turner was the real supporting actress in that movie, and as I understand it, was entered in the Best Actress race (and she didn't even get nominated).

I remember reading that in "Fargo," William H. Macy has about three or four minutes of screen time MORE than Fraces McDormand, but it was felt that he would have a better chance of being nominated for an Oscar® in the supporting category, probably because of the potential competition.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Danise

« Reply #192 on: September 27, 2005, 05:15:17 PM »

This morning I went for a walk, and this heron and this is what I saw:

Lovely bird, DR Laura.  I've got to get better with my camera and get some pictures of all of the wild life we've got around the area.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

« Reply #193 on: September 27, 2005, 05:31:24 PM »

Ginny I leave very early Sunday morning.  Don’t worry, I have stayed in Comfort Inns-have an idea what I’m getting.

Danise when you check in feel free to request I have a room near you-just be sure to also request they are quiet rooms.

DRLaura you take such great photos!

Ginny

« Reply #194 on: September 27, 2005, 05:38:39 PM »

Well, I've been pouting a little because I have to leave NYC on Thursday to go to Atlanta for a conference that was held in NY last year.  Today, though, I've been emailing back and forth with my cousin who lives near there and we have some fun things planned.  He teaches in a university art department and they're having an exhibit opening reception Friday night quite near where I'll be in Atlanta, so we're meeting there.  AND, this is the biggie, he's offered to drive back into Atlanta Sunday morning and take me to the airport.  I told him that would get him brunch, for sure!

Jane

« Reply #195 on: September 27, 2005, 05:39:05 PM »

I have been getting up so early since we returned it feels so much later than it is.  My inner clock is seems to be set on East Coast time.  I will probably adjust to West Coast time just as I leave again.

Jane

« Reply #196 on: September 27, 2005, 05:41:15 PM »

Ginny how nice you will have fun with your cousin making your trip there special.   :D

Ginny

« Reply #197 on: September 27, 2005, 05:45:59 PM »

Ginny how nice you will have fun with your cousin making your trip there special.   :D

Yes, Jane, that and the behind the scenes tour of CNN and their research library that the Foundation Center has arranged for us will help me get over my pique at having to leave my HHW friends behind in Manhattan.

Ginny

« Reply #198 on: September 27, 2005, 05:49:14 PM »

DR Laura - Your photos are something to behold.  I wanted to tell you that my DH and I are great fans of the Blue Heron.

Have to sign off now, and close up the library.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #199 on: September 27, 2005, 06:00:12 PM »

Jane has never been fat.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #200 on: September 27, 2005, 06:00:40 PM »

Had a very long two hour meeting re the LACC show and I'm bushed.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #201 on: September 27, 2005, 06:03:59 PM »

FYI: There will be a mini-HHW gathering of NYCers on Thursday night. We're seeing "Mildred Pierce" at the Clearview Cinemas in Chelsea on 23rd Street (just across from the Krispy Kreme!) at 7pm.  Tickets are $6. I know last week's viewing of "All About Eve" was sort of short-notice, but I wanted to give everyone an opportunity to come out and see Ms. Crawford this week.

Crapballs! I will be at work on Thursday night.  But GMHC is right around the corner if you guys go out for a drink afterward...let me know!

Danise

« Reply #202 on: September 27, 2005, 06:14:05 PM »

I have to go as well.  Have a wonderful evening all!

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #203 on: September 27, 2005, 06:16:27 PM »

Would it be PRIMATE (I think that was the name) which had a weekly gross of $800+, if I remember correctly.

If I recall correctly, many (if not all) of the reviews for Primate referenced Moose Murders.  So there may be a tie for biggest flop play.

Jane

« Reply #204 on: September 27, 2005, 06:42:42 PM »

Yes, Jane, that and the behind the scenes tour of CNN and their research library that the Foundation Center has arranged for us will help me get over my pique at having to leave my HHW friends behind in Manhattan.

That should definitely make it easier for you to continue on to your next adventure. :)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #205 on: September 27, 2005, 07:17:22 PM »

Good Evening!  -Again...

Dinner - Done.  Trash TV - Done (America's Next Top Model courtesy of the DVR - my roomies' "fault")  ;)

And now to catch up and post like the wind!

WHHHEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #206 on: September 27, 2005, 07:19:23 PM »

I have never eaten pastrami or corned beef or salami or gefilte fish

I have eaten kangeroo, ostrich, buffalo, shark and frogs legs although admittedly none of them on a regular basis

Well, I guess I definitely need to add a deli to the walking and eating tour itinerary.

But, now, I can also cross off that Australian place in Little Italy.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #207 on: September 27, 2005, 07:21:24 PM »

Good morning, all!  Last night I had a wonderful dinner with DRGinny and her wonderful spouse Richard, who unlike me has kept his hair.  DR Ginny baked a fantastic pecan pie which was quite yummilicious, as were the meatloaf and veggies.  Reputations were made and destroyed, people were found and lost.  It was all quite festive.

Today I attack Miami University to address music and theatre students on professional careers.  I am quite looking forward to it.  Tomorrow morning, I will stop by the library to catch up on all things important to my internet soul:  email, eBay, and HHW, before I fly home.

DRJose, God willing, I should be home by 8:30 tomoprrow night.  Give me a call when you can.

Does DR Ginny's pecan pie travel well?  ;)

Have a great talk.

...And I'll be sure to take a little break during my dinner date tomorrow night, and give you a call. ;D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #208 on: September 27, 2005, 07:23:12 PM »

The honey wagon just turned the corner and is now parked on the street that runs east and west rather than the one that runs north and south.  If there are any interesting actors I'll let you know.

"Honey wagon" - ???

At first I thought that was the term for the food service truck... Then I thought it was the term for the trailer that the young starlets will be changing in... Then...  Hmm..

Honey wagon - ???
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #209 on: September 27, 2005, 07:25:53 PM »

Remember when Saturday nights brought us "The Golden Girls"?

And "Love Boat"?

And "Saturday Night at the Movies"?

(I know a few of you have fond memories of "The Lawrence Welk Show", but please don't go there).

:D

And "Fantasy Island"!!!

And just how many times did Barbie Benton appear on there?!?!?

;)

And I have to admit that both "The Love Boat" and "Fantasy Island" provided ideal settings for the male guest stars each week to appear in swim trunks!

;D
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up