Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: SISTER CLODAGH, SISTER CLODAGH  (Read 30296 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:SISTER CLODAGH, SISTER CLODAGH
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2005, 07:56:02 AM »

favorite movie one-shot: THE SEVEN FACES OF DR. LAO.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2005, 07:56:56 AM »

Yesterday Jose posted
OH!

Only because I have to check out a few places and run a few errands in various parts of the island next week...  If any of the Hainsies and Kimlets coming in next week would like to do a supplemental tour of either Central Park, Fifth Avenue (I have to look for a gift at Takashimaya), and/or Harlem, feel free to contact me.

Danise, the Vixter & I plan to "do" Central Park on Tuesday the 4th.  It would be wonderful to have you join us.
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Matt H.

« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2005, 07:56:58 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Page 2 Dance!!![/move]

Matt H.

« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2005, 07:58:19 AM »

I am so excited about the season premiere of VERONICA MARS tonight. Other than LOST and DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES, I am anticipating this more than any other returning shows.

vixmom

« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2005, 08:00:48 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~SAFE TRAVEL VIBES TO DR ELMORE~~~[/move]

Matt H.

« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2005, 08:28:57 AM »

Next week will be another nightmare of DVD goodies to choose from for purchase. Argh!

I'm looking at

ABBOTT & COSTELLO - Collection 4

ALFRED HITCHCOCK PRESENTS - Season 1

Disney's CINDERELLA

KOLCHAK: THE NIGHT STALKER - Complete series

VAL LEWTON Collection

And then there are lots of others like the Hitchcock box bk mentioned the other day, both FLYs, THE INTERPRETER.

Too many DVDs, not enough $$$$.  :(

Jennifer

« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2005, 08:31:52 AM »

Discussion about last night's AMAZING RACE (but no spoilers).

I actually really liked the family aspect of the race.  I'm surprised at how easy it was to get used to this new aspect.

But the part I thought didn't work, was staying in the US.  Don't they realize that the most interesting part of TAR is seeing new countries and learning about new cultures.  I'm not sure where they go (hopefully at least South America).  But if they continue in the US, i'm afraid that many viewers might be upset.

I don't think I have a favorite team yet.  But there are a few interesting ones.

So Dan which team did you hate?  The Jersey team with the loud mother and the two bratty teens?  I didn't care for them.  Or the team with the little girl.

Matt H.

« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2005, 08:33:28 AM »

I read previews that the KOLCHAK DVDs have not been remastered but are merely ports from the videotape masters and thus have faded colors and are not sharp. That's very disappointing.

Jennifer

« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2005, 08:34:18 AM »

I am so excited about the season premiere of VERONICA MARS tonight. Other than LOST and DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES, I am anticipating this more than any other returning shows.

Oh to me it is the MOST anticipated show of the season. I just can't believe that I will have to wait until Saturday to watch it. :(

The paper here has a tv write-up for that night.  And they vaguely mentioned some things that sound VERY interesting about tonight's show!

Jason

« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2005, 08:46:25 AM »

I spy a Brockman...

Jennifer

« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2005, 08:54:28 AM »

Oh and from last night's TAR (WITH SPOILERS).

do not read if you haven't watched yet.

Did anybody else feel sick when that cart ran over the mother (the one whose husband had died being run over by a car). Wow.

I actually really liked that family.

From this list:
http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/articles/story.php?s=3667

I was impressed with the sisters. And the widow and kids.

Not sure what I thought about the team with the little girl.  She sure outran those other adults/teens to the line (crazy!).  I thought I would find her cute from the promos.  BUt I think I find her rather obnoxious.

Did not like the Blacks.  The kids did nothing.  And building the house they just didn't seem like they were that competitive.

The brothers and sister seemed nice enough. I just wonder if they have the smarts to compete. IT was an interesting choice that they made not to follow the blacks (i'm sure they could have outran them). And i was happy they weren't eliminated.

Don't really know the rogers family yet.

I did like the father and daughters.  And the father and sons-in-law.

Did not like the obnoxious New York/New Jersey family.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2005, 09:01:09 AM »

I'd definitely say that 5,000 Fingers of Dr. T is a one-off marvel.  Another is the Scarlet Empress.  What a fevre dream this movie is!

Matt H.

« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2005, 09:02:25 AM »

Oh to me it is the MOST anticipated show of the season. I just can't believe that I will have to wait until Saturday to watch it. :(

The paper here has a tv write-up for that night.  And they vaguely mentioned some things that sound VERY interesting about tonight's show!

A write-up in my local paper about tonight's premiere also included the identity of the murderer in the first season. That made me mad. Some people who did not watch the series last season are waiting for the VERONICA MARS DVDs which won't be out until the next month or so, and if they read that article, might feel like there is no reason to watch now. There are plenty of other mysteries, of course, but that still was thoughtless of that writer who didn't NEED to mention the denouement.

Matt H.

« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2005, 09:04:19 AM »

And never fear, DR Jennifer. I may weigh in with my opinions of the show quality-wise, but I will give nothing away.

I may not even watch VERONICA tonight. I do like to watch LOST "live," and if I see VERONICA tonight, it would have to be after 11 p.m.

Matt H.

« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2005, 09:05:19 AM »

Off now to find some lunch.

WBBL.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2005, 09:07:08 AM »

So Dan which team did you hate?  The Jersey team with the loud mother and the two bratty teens?  I didn't care for them.  Or the team with the little girl.

Are they from Jersey?  I thought they were from Brooklyn.  In any case, yes--them!  Ugh!  Unpleasantness to the Nth degree!  And most likely they were chosen as contestants for just that reason.  I pity their cameraman--I would hate to be stuck in the same room with these people, let alone a small space like the vehicles they used last night.

I didn't like the family with the little girl when they talked about themselves during the intros.  They came off like their family was the Incredibles.  But during the race I didn't think they were as annoying as I thought they would be.  The kids acted like kids and the parents were focused on the tasks on hand.  But like I said, my opinion might change as each team gets more and more camera time in each episode.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jennifer

« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2005, 09:14:41 AM »

A write-up in my local paper about tonight's premiere also included the identity of the murderer in the first season. That made me mad. Some people who did not watch the series last season are waiting for the VERONICA MARS DVDs which won't be out until the next month or so, and if they read that article, might feel like there is no reason to watch now. There are plenty of other mysteries, of course, but that still was thoughtless of that writer who didn't NEED to mention the denouement.

Oh wow that is thoughtless. I hate when people do that.

No, my paper made it seem so exciting. Referring to certain emotions and surprises that the viewers will feel.  And making a few little comments that made me wonder what they were talking about!

Although since most people here do not get UPN it's sort of weird that the show was included at all in their listings!

Thank goodness my sis has satellite cause I would never be able to wait till the dvd comes out (or till next summer when it is shown on Cdn tv).

Jennifer

« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2005, 09:17:30 AM »

Are they from Jersey?  I thought they were from Brooklyn.  In any case, yes--them!  Ugh!  Unpleasantness to the Nth degree!  And most likely they were chosen as contestants for just that reason.  I pity their cameraman--I would hate to be stuck in the same room with these people, let alone a small space like the vehicles they used last night.

I didn't like the family with the little girl when they talked about themselves during the intros.  They came off like their family was the Incredibles.  But during the race I didn't think they were as annoying as I thought they would be.  The kids acted like kids and the parents were focused on the tasks on hand.  But like I said, my opinion might change as each team gets more and more camera time in each episode.

I thought they were talking about jersey. But it says "new york" on their bios.

Yes the family with the little girl made themselves sound like the SuperFamily.  Oooh the little one can run a mile in 7 minutes.

I just didn't think the show worked with little kids.  They had to paddle across the river, and the kids were useless.  And it meant 2 less hands to build the house. But then again they were lighter in the buggy.

It just seemed to me that the little kids did not offer much and could not contribute. And of course they were all sleeping after 5 minutes!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2005, 09:34:35 AM »

Mr question for ASK BK day.

What six 45 RPM records would you put on your permanent phonograph?

I haven't thought about 45s in ages, but three that come to mind that have never had any other incarnations are:

Peter Nero playing Elmer Bernstein's theme from Summer and Smoke - a gorgeous version.

Stan Kenton playing David Amram's theme from Splendor In The Grass - not as good as Percy Faith, but pretty good nonetheless.

Hot Spell by Bacharach and David as performed by Ernie Felice.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2005, 09:36:19 AM »

Ask BK...

Have you ever wanted to see one of your musicals translated into another language?  If so, which show and which language/country (if you have a preference)?

And out of your current stock of OCRs in other languages, any favorites?

I have always dreamed of watching The First Nudie Musical in French.  Nudie has never been dubbed and boy would that be fun if it were.

I'd like to hear Stages in Farsi.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2005, 09:38:39 AM »

OH... Another Ask BK...

If - and this is a BIG IF - you were in a movie musical, and the studio decided to bring in someone to dub your voice (for whatever fershluganah reason), who would you most like them to bring in (to sound like)?

The only acceptable dubber would be Guy Haines.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2005, 09:46:11 AM »

Q for BK:  Who are your favorite one-hit wonders?

I never remember these things - certainly Tim Moore with Second Avenue (not really a BIG hit, but the only song of his that got airplay).  Rupert and Escape (The Pina Colada Song).  Lyme and Cybele - Follow Me.

Ben

« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2005, 09:57:32 AM »

Slow Day at HHW!

Skammen!

Back to work for me!

Have I used enough exclamation points???!!!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2005, 10:13:29 AM »

It just seemed to me that the little kids did not offer much and could not contribute. And of course they were all sleeping after 5 minutes!

Yeah, the thing about kids who are pre-puberty is that they need lots of sleep and their blood sugars go up and down like roller coasters and young teens fare only somewhat better.  If the tasks for the rest of the race are on the same level as past seasons, all the teams with young people are going to be wiped.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2005, 10:16:13 AM »

Slow Day at HHW!

Skammen!

Back to work for me!

Have I used enough exclamation points???!!!

You!!!  Can!!!  Never!!!!!  Use!!!!!!  Enough!!!! Exclamation!!!!!!!!  Points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!                     !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!                !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/move]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2005, 10:18:51 AM »

Uh oh!  I guess you can use too many exclamation points--my last post is broken--there's no "quote", "Modify" or "Delete" buttons on it.
-- Anaïs Nin

vixmom

« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2005, 10:34:31 AM »

Uh oh!  I guess you can use too many exclamation points--my last post is broken--there's no "quote", "Modify" or "Delete" buttons on it.

Dan broke the HHW site!

Dan broke the HHW site !

I'm tellin'!    I'm tellin'!

vixmom

« Reply #57 on: September 28, 2005, 10:36:27 AM »

i:36 in the Pm  EST and only on page TWO?!!

Watch out for the bitchslapping machine......

vixmom

« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2005, 10:39:05 AM »

Has anynbody heard from JMK?  How is his house buying and selling going?

FJL

« Reply #59 on: September 28, 2005, 10:39:10 AM »

BK - Rupert Holmes' follow-up song "Him" also got a lot of airplay, and it's one of my all-time favorite pop songs.   I don't know how that song sold, though.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up