Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down

Author Topic: CUT AND DRIED  (Read 23711 times)

MBarnum

Re:CUT AND DRIED
« Reply #210 on: October 08, 2005, 04:58:22 PM »

Well...  I don't sense any sense of "complaint" in that statement.

;)

I will always have fond memories of our ride in the elevator, DR JoseP! LOL!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2005, 04:58:49 PM by MBarnum »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #211 on: October 08, 2005, 05:01:15 PM »

OH!!!

I popped into Best Buy in SoHo just to check it out - I had never been there before.  Well...

*Warning to DR Ron Pulliam - You may not want to read the rest of this post.

As I was walking in, they were putting out a display of the new Cinderella DVD boxed set - the two-disc edition with the small book, and the artwork.  They were marked down to only $16.99.  $16.99?!?!?  I asked the guy who was setting up the display if that was truly the real price - since it was cheaper than the standard edition.  Well, it turned out that someone in their stock room got a little carried away with the box cutter, and managed to slice into some of the boxes a little too deep.  The DVDs are fine.  The DVD cases are fine.  But there is a gouge/slice on the slipcase - and, consequently, through the plastic overwrap.  So, since technically, they were now damaged goods, the manager marked them down for quick sale.

Well...  By the time I had finished talking with the salesperson, all the copies were snatched up - I think there were only about 20 copies anyway.  Except for the one still in my hand!  So... Since it was my niece's birthday last week...

:)

-Aren't I a good uncle?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #212 on: October 08, 2005, 05:02:18 PM »

I will always have fond memories of our ride in the elevator, DR JoseP! LOL!

Me too.

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

Michael

« Reply #213 on: October 08, 2005, 05:04:54 PM »

Jason Graae and Tammy Tappan will be appearing at the Colony theater in LA in Jerry Herman's musical version of The Grand Tour. November 2, 2005 Through December 4, 2005
Never stop dreaming.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #214 on: October 08, 2005, 05:04:57 PM »

DR elmore - I thought I had saved the e-mail, but...

What time is dinner tomorrow at Artie's?

6:30!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #215 on: October 08, 2005, 05:06:22 PM »

Just finished watching Lifeboat.  Shortly I shall be on my way to sup with Mr. Nick Redman and company, then I shall return to watch a DVD that I'd wager most of you don't know is out - one of our beloved ABC Movie of the Weeks.  I bought that little ABC Movie of the Week book (less than 100 pages of actual text) and it's the disappointment of the year.  It's more about the fellow who wrote it (telling us what year he came out, how "hunky" all the male stars are, etc.) that about what it should be about.  What we need is a comprehensive book with complete credits, and what we get are chatty paragraphs that only occasionally mention a writer or director and almost never mention any other behind-the-scenes folks like a composer or cameraman.  It's filled with shoddy errors that any semi-competent FRIEND could have helped him catch (Jaime Smith Jackson indeed).  In one entry, he talks about director Jerry Paris and lists some of his sitcom directing credits - he doesn't mention Happy Days, which Mr. Paris directed every single episode of.  

It's a self-published book through iUniverse - nothing wrong with that, as long as it's good - sad to say, it's probably ruined any chance of getting a decent reference book on this wonderful series of films.  Feh.

Michael

« Reply #216 on: October 08, 2005, 05:07:09 PM »

And Liz Callaway will be at the Colony Room in West Palm From November 3 – 6, 2005
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #217 on: October 08, 2005, 05:08:49 PM »

And for those who enjoy Brent Barrett he will be appearing November 17 - The Manor, New Jersey.  Brent Barrett in Concert - "The Broadway Songbook of Lerner & Loewe and Kander & Ebb
Never stop dreaming.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #218 on: October 08, 2005, 05:12:18 PM »

Oohh....

ABC is rebroadcasting this week's episode of "Lost"...

A good time to take a break from my frenzy.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #219 on: October 08, 2005, 05:16:00 PM »

I think DR JASON is auditioning for the remake of I WANT TO LIVE!!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #220 on: October 08, 2005, 05:21:18 PM »

DR TCB - I think some of the "Hollywood" casting came in for comment, and of course as you mentioned....the dubbed voices.

I think it was Pauline Kael who said that WSS was advertised as "The Musical for People Who Don't Like Musicals" - and she agreed.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #221 on: October 08, 2005, 05:33:11 PM »

DR TCB - I think some of the "Hollywood" casting came in for comment, and of course as you mentioned....the dubbed voices.

I think it was Pauline Kael who said that WSS was advertised as "The Musical for People Who Don't Like Musicals" - and she agreed.

Ms Kael's review for WSS was particularly scathing, but my only real memory of the review was her putdown of the score.   She did like some muisicals:  SINGING IN THE RAIN, THE BEGGAR'S OPERA, Fred and Ginger, NASHVILLE.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #222 on: October 08, 2005, 05:37:14 PM »

Oh my....she also declared that: "Lana Turner is not Madame X, she is Brand X..."

Jason

« Reply #223 on: October 08, 2005, 06:09:58 PM »

I think DR JASON is auditioning for the remake of I WANT TO LIVE!!

DING! DING! DING! You guessed it! I was actually "screaming" I WANT TO LIVE! as DR WilliamFOrr was snapping that shot.

Regarding all the pictures: Is it fat in here or is it just me? No. It's just me. All y'all look great, but I really need to hit the gym instead of the Krispy Kremes. (He says as he eats a Galaxy bar...) Why didn't anyone tell me my hair was such a mess? Or that my forehead took up the entire upper west side? I thought photo approval was part of my contract. Someone call my agent! :)

DR MBarnum: Shakalaka, Baby!! I love the new outfit. And Freddy is ADORABLE!

I'm finally home from a long trip to PA to see HONK! JR. It's a cute show - I'd rather have seen the full-length version, especially with the direction of this version being so bad - but it is a sweet show and I wish more people would do it. I've been pushing it for a year and a half now. And as much fun as a day with Frog & Toad sounds, A YEAR WITH FROG AND TOAD sounds much more enjoyable.  ;)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2005, 06:20:49 PM by Jason »

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #224 on: October 08, 2005, 06:33:52 PM »

And also by popular demand (DR JRand55's) a shot of Freddy with his human. Freddy is wondering where is his kurta!

Freddy is the cutest thing ever! And his human's not too bad either.  ;)

Cillaliz

« Reply #225 on: October 08, 2005, 06:51:58 PM »

Oh Cillaliz I loved your photos!
\

I am looking forward to seeing everyone elses.

Thanks! and thanks for sharing yours too!

FJL

« Reply #226 on: October 08, 2005, 06:59:39 PM »

If you're unhappy with any of your pictures, Jason, it just serves you right for not having briefed me on the "suck in your chins" trick.   :)

Well, HHW is certain to be the most popular site with the ladies of UMBRELLAS OF CHERBOURG, especially after I told them today's word of the day on HHW was in honor of the stunning UMBRELLAS leading lady Heather Spore.  (OK, I know that's probably not why the word was picked, but still - anything to enhance the popularity of HHW.)   Over dinner, we talked about how the 1980's clothing in STARFIGHTER made the teenagers look like they had excess poundage (Heather called it "wigglage") until we couldn't talk about it any more, and then on the ride home by train Milla, Julie and I talked about wigglage some more.  The wigglage talk was over a delicious low-calorie :) Italian dinner with the three leading ladies of CHERBOURG, who were careful what they ate because they had an evening show to do after dinner.  

And I came very close to meeting Max Von Essen, but dear-fiend (sp?) Milla monopolized him and then he was tied up with his fans who had come from NYC (very popular Guy, this Max Von Essen, seriously), plus it was raining out by the stage door. so I never did get to tell Max about HHW.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2005, 07:28:50 PM by FJL »

Cillaliz

« Reply #227 on: October 08, 2005, 07:07:27 PM »

MBarnum - great photos and Freddy is adorable, not unlike his human!

Well once again an orgasmic plateau was reached and I wasn't there to enjoy it.....such is life. Congrats BK and everyone on the achievement

Cillaliz

« Reply #228 on: October 08, 2005, 07:09:34 PM »

I did make a trip to Best Buy (didn't look for Cinderella) but I did get an XM radio. Since I live in the middle of nowhere, the pickins on the radio dial are slim almost as slim as the tall buildings that could block the signal!

Cillaliz

« Reply #229 on: October 08, 2005, 07:10:19 PM »

BTW, thanks for the heads up on the dog show. I love to watch it and forgot it was on

Cillaliz

« Reply #230 on: October 08, 2005, 07:11:56 PM »

Jose, can you post or email our route on the tour? I did this trip sans map so I didn't have a chance to keep track of where we went.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #231 on: October 08, 2005, 07:15:15 PM »

:)

The lovely Shar-pei won best of breed and was 4th in her Group!  I don't remember when a Sharp has ever placed that high at Eukanuba!

Beth looked so pretty and I am very happy for her and her doggie.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #232 on: October 08, 2005, 07:17:26 PM »

BTW, thanks for the heads up on the dog show. I love to watch it and forgot it was on

An annotated listing is currently in progress.
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #233 on: October 08, 2005, 07:18:43 PM »

An annotated listing is currently in progress.

Thanks! Looking forward to it.

Cillaliz

« Reply #234 on: October 08, 2005, 07:20:29 PM »

Actually I'd prefer an annotated list of the tour, rather than the dog show!

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #235 on: October 08, 2005, 07:21:31 PM »

I have a question for all you experts out there: How many years did the Mickey Mouse Club Show run?
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #236 on: October 08, 2005, 07:25:58 PM »

Oh...

My parents called me while I was out this afternoon...  They wondered when I was coming home.  -Apparently, the DC TV stations have been giving a lot of airtime to the possible terrorist threat here in New York City this weekend.

I told them that I'm not really worried, and that I do feel safe.  -And I really do.

*Heck, most of the time I work in DC...  -And Ford's is just a few blocks from the White House, and a block away from FBI headquarters.  Seeing all the "presence" down there most definitely made me shakey at times.

But I appreciated their concern.  And their love.  And I will see them next weekend.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #237 on: October 08, 2005, 07:26:48 PM »

Actually I'd prefer an annotated list of the tour, rather than the dog show!

Oops!

:P
Make Your Own Luck.

Hisaka

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #238 on: October 08, 2005, 07:29:22 PM »

I love Haagen-Dazs RICH MILK ice cream. And it’s going to be the best ice cream of the world when I put some CC Brown’s Hot Fudge Sauce, which I’ve got at Farmer’s Market, on it! (dear BK told me how to put it on ice cream.) It’s an incredible delicious sauce.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #239 on: October 08, 2005, 07:29:24 PM »

ORIGINAL one and only Mickey Mouse Club ran from 1955-1959, it was then syndicated in many markets.

In fact this week was the 50th anniversary of its original premiere.  ;D
« Last Edit: October 08, 2005, 07:30:47 PM by JRand55 »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up