Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down

Author Topic: BREEZIN' ALONG WITH THE BREEZE  (Read 22579 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:BREEZIN' ALONG WITH THE BREEZE
« Reply #270 on: November 22, 2003, 11:41:23 PM »

This is a flurry?  Still, we did good today and soon the new notes will be up and hopefully we'll do good tomorrow.  I'm going to take a nice long hot shower now and then I shall return.  It is absolutely freezing outside.

Tomovoz

« Reply #271 on: November 22, 2003, 11:43:56 PM »

Mr Barkalot: most of the movies will not hit OZ until easter. From what movies are the "Brother Bear" and "Mona Lisa Smile" or are they in fact he titles?
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #272 on: November 22, 2003, 11:59:45 PM »

Last call for posts, last call for posts.  Of course, you can keep posting until the cows come home on tomorrow's notes, which will be up in about ten minutes.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #273 on: November 23, 2003, 12:02:07 AM »

Oh, absolutely!  I think Peter Jackson is amazing.  He is so totally faithful to Tolkien.  The DVDs are where his true vision comes to fruition...and the scenes are fully realized, seamlessly edited and beautifully scored.

After seeing the films on DVD, I appreciate Jackson's commitment to the project.  I would love to think that one day, theatrical showings of the films would be in their "complete" (expanded) versions.  

In the first film's theatrical release, I felt cheated until I saw the DVDs...and there all the footage was of the Shire and "about Hobbits"...and then the sequence in the woods of Galadriel, and the giving of the elvish gifts, made ALL THE DIFFERENCE in the world to the story.

As much as I anticipate "Return of the Kings," it's the expanded DVD I really want!

Does anyone else wish that Peter Jackson would go back (in the LOTR storyline) and film "The Hobbit?"  I know that it's its own story (and I guess for younger readers) but while watching the Bilbo Baggins flashbacks in LOTR-1 I loved what was done, but I wanted to see the complete story and the way that Peter Jackson might be able to tell it.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2003, 12:22:28 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jed

« Reply #274 on: November 23, 2003, 12:04:50 AM »

I think your mind is playing tricks. I did no community admin work today other than removing old file attachments. The change from the graphical to textual navigation you speak of was done weeks ago. Nobody seemed to complain then. :)

How thoroughly bizarre...  The change only appeared on my computer today, too!
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Tomovoz

« Reply #275 on: November 23, 2003, 12:05:43 AM »

I guess it now past Pumpkin time on the West Coast. Sleep well my friends. "See" you all tomorrow.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

George

« Reply #276 on: November 23, 2003, 12:06:38 AM »

did anybody just hear dame Julie croak deck the halls on Heloise?

well...not CERTAIN it was dame Julie.....my TV is behind my should on the 'puter....and I was catching up with notes...<sigh>...but when I turned around there she was

Someone earlier (I'm sorry, but I forget who) asked me about "Unconditional Love" with Kathy Bates and Rupert Everett.  It was a cute movie with warm fuzzies.  A bit unrealistic, of course, but I think worth a rent.

I didn't realize it when I rented it, but Julie Andrews has a cameo role (actually she's in a couple of really funny scenes) playing herself!  And she sings!  She has to calm people on a turbulent flight and at a memorial service a fight breaks out--hysterical!  I wonder if they used her (a cappella) tracks from the recording of The King and I with Ben Kingsley or another recording that she did of the song, because she sounded fabulous.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #277 on: November 23, 2003, 12:07:25 AM »

I'm here (finally), but I wanted to get a couple of posts in before BK closed this day of posting.

Since there seems to be time, I'm modifying this message to say that I just deleted a message that I had posted after this message.  It was a comment that had been made by someone else (redundancy is unnecessary) and I also wanted to try out the "delete" function.  Pretty cool!
« Last Edit: November 23, 2003, 12:28:15 AM by George »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up