Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: MOVING RIGHT ALONG  (Read 30354 times)

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
Re:MOVING RIGHT ALONG
« Reply #60 on: October 21, 2005, 09:22:14 AM »

Dear vixmom:  Please calm yourself about the Alka Seltzer.

I have taken it in the past.  It does nothing for my allergies, which are the main problem I have.

Thanks for the concern.

Ok as long as you tried it.  I hate to think about you suffering over there.  Are you feeling any better today?
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

FJL

« Reply #61 on: October 21, 2005, 09:23:37 AM »

Mmm...McShrimp burger.  I hope it finds its way over here.

Media check hasn't changed much in a while, except for adding the wonderful sparkling CD that came with REWIND.  Finally took Chaka Khan's Epiphany CD out of the player to make room for it.

(note from BK: Had to make a little edit in this post - TMI)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2005, 10:03:51 AM by bk »

vixmom

« Reply #62 on: October 21, 2005, 09:25:14 AM »

Biblical directives I wish existed:

"If thy neighbor's ass offends thee, kick it!"

;D
« Last Edit: October 21, 2005, 09:25:38 AM by vixmom »

Jennifer

« Reply #63 on: October 21, 2005, 09:39:17 AM »

Ah stealing the stereo.  Well at least that makes sense.  It seems stupid to me, for them to break in if they cannot see something inside that they want!  Glad they did not get it.

td

• td
« Reply #64 on: October 21, 2005, 09:43:27 AM »

Was it "Carousel" and Jones you were referencing earlier or was it "Guys and Dolls" and Jean Simmons?

I was indeed referencing "Carousel."  :)

And which two lines of "If I Loved You"...and why?

The two lines which wereout of range for Shirley (and listening to the soundtrack recording carefully, it's very obvious)  - - and with Marni handy, voila!

and I always say 'Two heads are better'n one to figger it out!'

And could you point me toward a reference?  I've been all over Google and cannot find a single connection between Nixon and "Carousel" or Nixon and Jones.

http://p098.ezboard.com/fscarletstreetthelatestissue.showMessageRange?topicID=69.topic&start=76&stop=90
http://p098.ezboard.com/fscarletstreetthelatestissue.showMessageRange?topicID=69.topic&start=76&stop=90

The latter starting with post #88.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #65 on: October 21, 2005, 10:07:34 AM »

Rain....rain...all day.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: October 21, 2005, 10:08:20 AM »

I'm up, I'm up - barely.

I was awakened at five-thirty by the voices of men talking loudly.  I thought it was my neighbors having a fight, but I've never heard a peep from the house that's near the bedroom (the only residence I could possibly hear anything from).  So, I tried to go back to sleep, but the voices kept on yakking.  I got up and finally realized they were coming from the street, where a big truck was working on some line, and the men were trying to talk over the noise of the motor.  

I went to get online to complain, and noticed that there was no cable signal.  I called Adelphia and got the recorded message that they were doing maintenence and it would be done on or about six o'clock.  I finally went back to bed, and when the phone awoke me at nine, I checked the cable modem box and all was well.  Who knew the Adelphia hub was in front of my house - or was it just coincidence that there were workers up there at that time of the morning?

Jason

« Reply #67 on: October 21, 2005, 10:19:06 AM »

I'm eating oatmeal. Why, you ask, am I eating oatmeal at 1:20 in the afternoon? Because it's free and I'm hungry. That's why.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #68 on: October 21, 2005, 10:23:50 AM »

Ah stealing the stereo.  Well at least that makes sense.  It seems stupid to me, for them to break in if they cannot see something inside that they want!  Glad they did not get it.

I've heard of times a car window was smashed for less than a dollar in change that was lying in view.  

DR MB, smashed windows suck!   :(
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

vixmom

« Reply #69 on: October 21, 2005, 10:23:58 AM »

I'm eating oatmeal. Why, you ask, am I eating oatmeal at 1:20 in the afternoon? Because it's free and I'm hungry. That's why.

Not to mention it's an excellent source of iron and a smart and delicous way to lower your cholesterol......or so says the voices on my TeeVee  ;D

vixmom

« Reply #70 on: October 21, 2005, 10:25:59 AM »

It's about 4 degrees in my office.....We're all wearing our jackets and I desperately wish I had a pair of gloves and maybe some earmuffs!  Fortunately (for me) I'll be leaving for a closing soon.  I can turn up the heat in my car and get toasty warm.

vixmom

« Reply #71 on: October 21, 2005, 10:27:35 AM »

Rain....rain...all day.

It's only threatening here, but it's been grey and cludy and cold.....it's supposed to be rainy all day tomorrow when I was hoping to wander the streets of Manhattan.... ah well that's what subways are for!!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: October 21, 2005, 10:44:54 AM »

Just set our call times for Kevin's show on Monday - for me, it's an incredibly long day.  The camera crew, me, the lighting and sound people, all convene at ten a.m.  Kevin and John Boswell will get there about 12:30 or 1:00, and we'll start running things right around 1:00.  

vixmom

« Reply #73 on: October 21, 2005, 10:55:29 AM »

Just set our call times for Kevin's show on Monday - for me, it's an incredibly long day.  The camera crew, me, the lighting and sound people, all convene at ten a.m.  Kevin and John Boswell will get there about 12:30 or 1:00, and we'll start running things right around 1:00.  

Will you be selling DVD's of the show on Kritzerland?

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #74 on: October 21, 2005, 10:58:21 AM »

Men Talking Loudly...sounds like a new TV show...or the title of BK's next book.

vixmom

« Reply #75 on: October 21, 2005, 11:25:08 AM »

Well I'm off to close a loan... see ya!`
« Last Edit: October 21, 2005, 11:25:33 AM by vixmom »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #76 on: October 21, 2005, 11:48:32 AM »

And which two lines of "If I Loved You"...and why?

The two lines which wereout of range for Shirley (and listening to the soundtrack recording carefully, it's very obvious)  - - and with Marni handy, voila!

And could you point me toward a reference?  I've been all over Google and cannot find a single connection between Nixon and "Carousel" or Nixon and Jones.

The latter starting with post #88.

The only thing I saw in those posts were the statements that Marni looped "...and they always say two heads are better than one to figger it out..."

But those are spoken, and certainly not out of Jones' range.  Perhaps Jones wasn't available and they needed it right then?

I hate to seem so obstinate about this, but I have been told many things by people over the years....people with connections and people who "knew" insiders who knew things...and yet they still gave me incorrect information.  

I love trivia like this, and don't deny its possibility, but I thought it was quite shocking.  Thus, I hoped for directions toward something referential that specifically states Nixon did this dub.  I've listened to "Carousel" often over the past 40 years, and I've never heard any "obvious" lines out of Jones' range.  Of course, I haven't been listening for them and nothing has seemed amiss.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2005, 01:20:45 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #77 on: October 21, 2005, 11:56:01 AM »

Good Afternoon!

What a great lunch!  It was wonderful catching up with my friend, Joel.  The whole company management things suits him well, and it's kept him "solvent" between tours and auditions.  He does miss being on stage, but at least he's very close by it in the meantime.  I kept telling him that he looked great, much happier and 'settled'.   -"Well, that's because you're not seeing me at an audition where I'm desperate for work."  ;)

In any case...  He did look great, and I also think he's finally growing into his "character man" attributes.  He's got that cute/handsome but still a little bit quirky thing going on.  Age is suiting him well.  Hopefully, he'll be back on the boards in the neat future.

*He's also one of the few guys that I know that can pull off that sort of bright/dark orange color.  He would always wear the same sweater at auditions, and it was orange.  And it always looked good on him.  When I ran into him last night, he was wearing an orange athletic t-shirt.  -"Well, I guessed you recognized me because of the color shirt I was wearing."

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #78 on: October 21, 2005, 11:57:03 AM »

The only thing I saw in those posts were the statements that Marni looped "...and they always say two heads are better than one to figger it out..."

But those are spoken, and certainly not out of Jones' range.  Perhaps Jones wasn't available and they needed it right then?

I hate to seem soobstinate about this, but I have been told many things by people over the years....people with connections and people who "knew" insiders who knew things...and yet they still gave me incorrect information.  There's a fellow over at FSM Monthly Messageboard who has had insider access many times, but still makes things up.  

I love trivia like this, and don't deny its possibility, but I have to tell you it was quite shocking.  Thuse, I hoped for directions toward something referential that specifically states Nixon did this dub.  I've listened to "Carousel" often over the past 40 years, and I've never heard those "obvious" lines out of Jones' range.

Well, if you'd like, I could ask her son, Patrick Cassidy, if he knows anything about this.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #79 on: October 21, 2005, 12:00:06 PM »

In other news.... Has In My Life announced their closing date yet?

;)

-Seriously, the one thing that all the reviewers seem to agree on is the sheer audicity and chutzpah that Joe Brooks has to get that animal on stage.  Good or bad, they're giving him credit for sticking to his guns and making his dream come true.  A truly "one of a kind" experience.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #80 on: October 21, 2005, 12:00:51 PM »

And only because I haven't seen it said yet...

Is this a slow news day here on HHW?

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #81 on: October 21, 2005, 12:02:41 PM »

Well, if you'd like, I could ask her son, Patrick Cassidy, if he knows anything about this.

;)

Yes, PLEASE!

And get me an autographed photo while you're at it!!

;)
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #82 on: October 21, 2005, 12:04:41 PM »

OH!  DR Jason and Ben to pass on to Ant - Nick got Hairspray in Vegas!!!  -Which also means I can have my "room" back at the place in Harlem. :-)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #83 on: October 21, 2005, 12:05:46 PM »

Yes, PLEASE!

And get me an autographed photo while you're at it!!

;)

Well...  I'll see if I can catch him during intermission.  And I'll ask Joel, the company manager, about getting an autographed photo for you.  -Would you like it personalized?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2005, 12:06:20 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #84 on: October 21, 2005, 12:06:49 PM »

Time for some phone calls...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #85 on: October 21, 2005, 12:11:32 PM »

Media Check:

CD: Yaseer Habeeb's newest CD.

VHS: This weeks Amazing Race

DVD: Some double feature DVDs from Alpha Video

SIN YOU SINNERS (1963; Killer mobsters meet Murderous strippers!)

and

DANCE HALL RACKET (1953) directed by Phil "ROBOT MONSTER" Tucker

then

STAR REPORTER (1939) starring BK's close personal friend Ms. Marsha Hunt  and Warren Hull.

and

HEADLINE CRASHER (1947) starring my newest heart throb, Kane Richmond.

Ben

« Reply #86 on: October 21, 2005, 12:13:54 PM »

Jose, Ant got the e-mail sent out by Nick about Hairspray. That's GREAT! He's been working steadily since the summer and now a job in Vegas in the winter with two of the original stars. What a great gig. A dear friend of mine worked w/Dick Latessa on They're Playing Our Song and says Dick is one of the sweetest guys in show business. We're really happy for Mr. Dalton.

Ben

« Reply #87 on: October 21, 2005, 12:14:37 PM »

I'm seeing The Color Purple on Wednesday, November 9th at 8pm. Just got a ticket from TDF.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: October 21, 2005, 12:41:43 PM »

The CD of Kevin's show will most likely be our January (late January) selection.  The DVD will be for sale on Kritzerland, as well, but probably not until Feb or March - just depends on how long it takes to edit, replicate and package.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #89 on: October 21, 2005, 12:44:11 PM »

~~~Fine Weather Until You Get The Glass Replaced  Vibes~~~ to dear reader MBarnum

A very good wish.  :)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Up