Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: SPEED WRITING  (Read 21352 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:SPEED WRITING
« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2005, 08:29:00 AM »

To me, at any rate.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2005, 08:29:28 AM »

Gotta talk and Gotta sing, but I don't Gotta dance!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2005, 08:29:39 AM »

Bada boom, bada bing.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #63 on: October 25, 2005, 08:30:35 AM »

Whatever am I going to do tomorrow evening when "Lost" has a rerun?

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #64 on: October 25, 2005, 08:31:41 AM »

Of course tonight is THE AMAZING RACE.

Yes, I knew I had to cover my bases there as there are quite a few reality show fans on this site.

And when AMERICAN IDOL returns in January, I'll return to the reality fold.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #65 on: October 25, 2005, 08:31:53 AM »

This site is a kind of "dictionary" of ASL signs.

Any DR who would like to learn a specific phrase or sign can use it by searching for the word alphabetically and then seeing the sign in Quicktime.  ;D

Very useful.  The best such site on the internet.  And it's free!

http://commtechlab.msu.edu/sites/aslweb/browser.htm
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Matt H.

« Reply #66 on: October 25, 2005, 08:32:22 AM »

Whatever am I going to do tomorrow evening when "Lost" has a rerun?

Two words:

VERONICA MARS!!!!!!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #67 on: October 25, 2005, 08:33:49 AM »

Thanks, DR JRand. That will be a very helpful site.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #68 on: October 25, 2005, 08:35:13 AM »

:)

I use it on days like today when I have to REFRESH my skills.  LOL

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #69 on: October 25, 2005, 08:40:59 AM »

Of course, those of you who watch THE AMAZING RACE and THE BIGGEST LOSER will have new episodes of those reality shows.

I don't watch any reality shows right now, but you have to give them credit, they never have reruns that interrupt the flow of the show.

Well, some of them do have recap episodes, but even those contain previously unseen clips, which makes the watching worthwhile.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #70 on: October 25, 2005, 08:42:17 AM »

TOD:

Je parle une tres mal francais, non?
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #71 on: October 25, 2005, 08:45:29 AM »

TOD:

Je parle une tres mal français, non?

Oui!

:D

« Last Edit: October 25, 2005, 08:46:31 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #72 on: October 25, 2005, 08:49:20 AM »

Ou est Bernarde?

Ou est Bernarde?

(Ding!)
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #73 on: October 25, 2005, 08:50:24 AM »

Bernarde est a la bibliotheque.

Bernarde est a la bibliotheque.

(Ding!)
-- Anaïs Nin

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: October 25, 2005, 08:52:06 AM »

I'm up, I'm up, awakened by a call telling me my breakfast meeting is at three, which I'd already figured out.

I know I won't spell this right but "Don't snore" in Japanese is Ibeke yamate (eeebeeekee yamahteh).

Bruce Vilanch is still sans beard.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #75 on: October 25, 2005, 08:52:10 AM »

La plume est en la table.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #76 on: October 25, 2005, 08:53:40 AM »

Bonjour, BK.  Comment allez-vous ?
-- Anaïs Nin

Matt H.

« Reply #77 on: October 25, 2005, 08:55:54 AM »

So funny. Opinions cover the gamut. The review of LIFEBOAT I saw this morning found the transfer disappointing and filled with dirt.

Here's critic Glenn Erickson's opinions on the quality of the transfer:

"Fox's DVD of Lifeboat looks great ... the B&W image is basically clean and rear-projected images are almost as sharp and defined as the foreground. For extras the studio has added an okay making-of docu and a commentary from the well-informed and overly dramatic Professor Drew Casper of USC.

Perhaps Fox has discontinued their 'Studio Classics series' to simply call their quality library product 'special editions,' which is fair enough. As so many releases seem to tie-in with similar big films, we can understand the awkward cover illustration that packs an old photo of the castaways into a lifeboat graphic ... funny, the boat is a silhouette but its passengers are all front-lit.

Matt H.

« Reply #78 on: October 25, 2005, 08:57:34 AM »

The morning has FLOWN by. It's almost noon, and my stomach clock (a Snoopy reference) is going off. Time for lunch!

WBBL.

Jennifer

« Reply #79 on: October 25, 2005, 09:02:21 AM »

DR MattH, which shows are having reruns tonight?

The ones I watch are: Close To Home, Gilmore Girls, and Boston Legal.

And of course TAR (they are leaving the US finally THANK GOODNESS!!!).

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #80 on: October 25, 2005, 09:04:44 AM »

So funny. Opinions cover the gamut. The review of LIFEBOAT I saw this morning found the transfer disappointing and filled with dirt.

Here's critic Glenn Erickson's opinions on the quality of the transfer:

"Fox's DVD of Lifeboat looks great ... the B&W image is basically clean and rear-projected images are almost as sharp and defined as the foreground. For extras the studio has added an okay making-of docu and a commentary from the well-informed and overly dramatic Professor Drew Casper of USC.

Perhaps Fox has discontinued their 'Studio Classics series' to simply call their quality library product 'special editions,' which is fair enough. As so many releases seem to tie-in with similar big films, we can understand the awkward cover illustration that packs an old photo of the castaways into a lifeboat graphic ... funny, the boat is a silhouette but its passengers are all front-lit.

Has Fox discontinued its "Studio Classics" series?

I was under the impression that there are several coming out very soon.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #81 on: October 25, 2005, 09:06:43 AM »

One of my co-workers is wearing some kind of lotion that, to me, has a horribly congestive effect.

Another co-worker often wears a perfume that does the same thing.

I've told them each of the problem, but each continues to wear their products.

And yet...they often express concern over my congestion.

Aren't people FUNNY?!!!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2005, 09:07:15 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Jennifer

« Reply #82 on: October 25, 2005, 09:09:26 AM »

And for those who watch AMAZING RACE, i am curious which are your preferred teams.  DR MBarnum always likes the goody team. :)  (not sure which team that is, although i know it's not the Paolo family!).

TEAM: GODLEWSKI SISTERS
Hometown: Des Plaines, Ill.

TEAM: WEAVER FAMILY (Widow and Kids)
Hometown: Ormond Beach, Fla.

TEAM: GAGHAN FAMILY
Hometown: Glastonbury, Conn.

TEAM: LINZ FAMILY (Siblings)
Hometown: Cincinnati

TEAM: BRANSEN FAMILY (Dad and Daughters)
Hometown: Park Ridge, Ill.

TEAM: PAOLO FAMILY
Hometown: Carmel, N.Y.

Me, i dislike the Gaghan family (with the two little kids), and the Paolo family (from ny with the sons who bicker with the mom constantly).

I like the linz family (brothers and sister). I like the Bransen family (father and 3 daughters).

I did like the weaver family in the beginning (widow and kids). Not sure if i like them now.  And the sisters are okay.

Jennifer

« Reply #83 on: October 25, 2005, 09:12:16 AM »

DR Ron, just tell the coworkers that you are ALLERGIC to their perfume, and that you must keep your distance from them.  If they want your help they will probably stop wearing the product!  They probably don't realize that it's really bothering you.  Or they just don't care. :(

(i have the same problem being so affected by perfume).

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #84 on: October 25, 2005, 09:12:27 AM »

Good Night, and Good Luck is the only movie I've actually paid to see in a theatre in ages.  It's terrific.  More black & white movies, please.  More movies of intelligence, please.  David Straitharn, who has been a brilliant, but unsung actor for years, is great in the movie.  So are Clooney and Langella and the supporting cast.

I don't know how anyone could call it a political diatribe.  What?  We now have people actually defending McCarthy's shredding of our Constitutional rights and civil liberties?

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #85 on: October 25, 2005, 09:15:35 AM »

I don't speak any other language, at all. :-\ My mother is German, my dad is of German heritage and we even lived in Germany for three years of my life, but I never learned much of the language (a couple of swear words, maybe).  It somehow worked out that I never had to take a foreign language in high school.  I only took one quarter of Spanish when I was in college but I only remember how to count to 10 and say "Yo tengo hambre," which means "I am hungry."  I used to get it wrong and say "Yo tengo hombre" which means "I have a man," which I don't (at this time). ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #86 on: October 25, 2005, 09:16:28 AM »

I had read that if you know a made-up language, such as Klingon, you can legally claim to be bilingual on job applications!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: October 25, 2005, 09:19:18 AM »

Adelphia just went out as I was trying to post, but I saw it happening and I saved - whew.

Most Internet DVD critics are children whose only knowledge of DVDs comes from what they've read on other sites - hence the "dirt" and "debris" comments.  They are talking about the opening ten or fifteen minutes of the film, all of which is covered with fog - every shot in that sequence is an optical, and, like all opticals, is overly grainy and has negative dirt from the generation loss on those shots.  A little knowledge never hurt anyone, but you wouldn't know it by these nincompoops.  And you'd think they'd figure it out, because once you're out of the first fifteen minutes, everything is suddenly crystal clear and sharp as can be.

Re McCarthy - when I was younger I was obsessed with the McCarthy hearings and that whole era (Point of Order, a wonderful documentary, was supposed to be out weeks ago on DVD, but keeps getting pushed) - read many, many books, watched many, many videos.  I haven't seen the Clooney film yet, but will soon.  And no, there is no defense in any way, shape, or form, that anyone anywhere could come up with for the horrendous, immoral, and self-serving behavior of Mr. McCarthy and his apes.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #88 on: October 25, 2005, 09:20:22 AM »

Tried Spanish is College for 2 years, failed both times.  I can pronounce Spanish, Latin, and Italian for singing purposes.  I would love to learn French as I fell in love with the language in Paris this last summer.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #89 on: October 25, 2005, 09:26:30 AM »

Adelphia just went out as I was trying to post, but I saw it happening and I saved - whew.

Most Internet DVD critics are children whose only knowledge of DVDs comes from what they've read on other sites - hence the "dirt" and "debris" comments.  They are talking about the opening ten or fifteen minutes of the film, all of which is covered with fog - every shot in that sequence is an optical, and, like all opticals, is overly grainy and has negative dirt from the generation loss on those shots.  A little knowledge never hurt anyone, but you wouldn't know it by these nincompoops.  And you'd think they'd figure it out, because once you're out of the first fifteen minutes, everything is suddenly crystal clear and sharp as can be.

Re McCarthy - when I was younger I was obsessed with the McCarthy hearings and that whole era (Point of Order, a wonderful documentary, was supposed to be out weeks ago on DVD, but keeps getting pushed) - read many, many books, watched many, many videos.  I haven't seen the Clooney film yet, but will soon.  And no, there is no defense in any way, shape, or form, that anyone anywhere could come up with for the horrendous, immoral, and self-serving behavior of Mr. McCarthy and his apes.

If you ever encounter one "Eric Paddon" on the FSM Messageboard, you might be interested to know that he is a staunch defender of McCarthy and all means he used to conduct his hearings.

I have been so amazed at Paddon's extreme right ravings, that I've dubbed those of his kind "Paddonites."

That he loves film music, and the Broadway musical form, is possibly the only saving grace he has.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2005, 09:27:14 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up