Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: MEET CUTE  (Read 29125 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:MEET CUTE
« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2005, 08:57:34 AM »

Does anyone (else) here maintain a database of their CDs or DVDs?

I have a CD database, and am contemplating one for my DVDs.

I always seem to be adding things to my CD database, but I never seem to access it prior to bidding on something on EBay that I cannot remember already having (and subsequently now have two of).
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2005, 08:58:04 AM »

DR Ron Pulliam - I feel your pain.  ;)

About two years ago, I finally arranged my collection into "unwatched/unlistened to/unopened/unread" and "been there/done that" shelves.  And whenever I buy something new, I put it on the "un" shelf.  Which happens to be in plain view, so...

I still have many things on the "un" shelf, all of various degrees of "un-ness", but, slowly but surely, I've been catching up.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2005, 08:59:59 AM »

Come on, everybody, let's do the

[size=8]CONGA![/size][/color][/glow]

« Last Edit: October 28, 2005, 09:00:37 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #63 on: October 28, 2005, 09:01:26 AM »

Re: last night's Apprentice.

DR George, what did you think the "shocking twist" was going to be?

I know I heard the twist i believe on a commercial.  I can't imagine why they would ruin it like that. Crazy considering there were only 4 people there!

I felt bad for the baseball guy.  He seemed so sharp.  And their event really was a success (except for the fact that the batting cage took up the sales room).

How funny watching all four of them in the cab afterwards.

And i cannot wait till next week to see what the other contestants do when NOBODY comes back to the apartment!  How long will they wait? Will someone fill them in? I bet they'll just have them wait and wait and wonder. Should be funny.

I don't seem to remember them mentioning that four people were going to be in the final Boardroom on any of the commercials, so it was more or less a shock to me.  -However, as soon as I saw that Trump had selected the Final Four, well, I could see it coming.

*And watching them all get into the back of the cab was truly funny.   That must have been a tight fit!  As they were getting in, I could swear I saw one of the guys start to giggle.  And as they were driving off, and they had that very "pregnant" shot of all four of them... saying nothing...  And I thought that Jenn was about to laugh then too.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #64 on: October 28, 2005, 09:02:47 AM »

A giblet is a small gib.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #65 on: October 28, 2005, 09:03:20 AM »

DR Cillaliz:

Have you and your "artist" friend ever considered

BODY PAINT?????

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #66 on: October 28, 2005, 09:05:09 AM »

Oh... And courtesy of Steve's neighbor, Paul, a new word was introduced into my vocabulary this week...

heteroflexible - I think that's pretty much self-explanatory.

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #67 on: October 28, 2005, 09:06:14 AM »

Is a giblet the limeless form of a gimlet, or is it a gimlet with an olive?

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #68 on: October 28, 2005, 09:10:35 AM »

Hmmm...

The department VP has left early...

The project manager I work with has left early...

Where does that leave me?

I don't feel like going home--I'll only wind up napping the afternoon away.  

I think I'll take an extended lunch and head over to Barnes & Nobel.  Then I'll get me a trough of salad at SaladWorks and take my time eating it.

BTW, DR Ron--you shuld be happy to hear that I have not had one candy bar this morning (and by that I mean I ate none, zilch, zippo. :) )
« Last Edit: October 28, 2005, 09:12:10 AM by Dan (the Man) »
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #69 on: October 28, 2005, 09:12:23 AM »

Does anyone (else) here maintain a database of their CDs or DVDs?
Yes, with the DVDs.  The CD database fell to the wayside some time ago, but I've managed to keep track of the DVDs - currently some 670 titles.

The DVD database is on a spreadsheet, with sorting by title, year produced, genre, sub-genre, rating, whether there's a commentary track and/or featurettes.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #70 on: October 28, 2005, 09:17:30 AM »

Yes, I couldn't believe how bent out of shape folks got by screen captures from the new and old OZ DVDs! Get the disc and look at it with your own equipment, and then make the decision to keep or return. Good gravy, people can be dumb!

For the very first time, I noticed the wire that was keeping the flying monkey's wings outstretched on this version of the DVD. And I had NEVER noticed the error with the ruby slippers until John Fricke pointed it out on the commentary. He didn't mention it on his laserdisc commentary, so this must be a continuity gaffe that has recently come to his attention.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #71 on: October 28, 2005, 09:21:21 AM »

I've never maintained a database of either CDs, videos, laserdiscs, or DVDs. Just plain lazy.

Matt H.

« Reply #72 on: October 28, 2005, 09:26:42 AM »

My lunch is ready now, so I'm hopping off here and sitting down to finish DARLING LILI.

WBBL.

td

• td
« Reply #73 on: October 28, 2005, 09:30:39 AM »

I don't keep a database of dvds or cds (one for my cds would be welcome DRs), but I maintain my spot on www.dvdspot.com . . .
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

td

• td
« Reply #74 on: October 28, 2005, 09:31:59 AM »

You ripped the words directly from my heart!
Shall I drive south and stuff them back in? ? ?  ;)

Ginny

« Reply #75 on: October 28, 2005, 09:39:53 AM »

Well, I've worked up a map of Jose's Oct. 5 tour, but the JPG file is too big for me to post here on the site.  Anyone who would like a copy could, I think, send me their email address and I could, I think, send it directly.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jennifer

« Reply #76 on: October 28, 2005, 09:42:58 AM »

LAST NIGHT'S APPRENTICE!!!

I don't seem to remember them mentioning that four people were going to be in the final Boardroom on any of the commercials, so it was more or less a shock to me.  -However, as soon as I saw that Trump had selected the Final Four, well, I could see it coming.

I could swear i saw them say somewhere that 4 people would be fired! Where did i hear this?  A commercial?  Some place like ET?  I wasn't sure if i had heard right (cause it seemed crazy). But i know i saw it somewhere yesterday. Cause I knew it!  Maybe I read it on tvrules.net in their show preview?

Ginny

« Reply #77 on: October 28, 2005, 09:43:10 AM »

Jose - check your email!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #78 on: October 28, 2005, 09:44:13 AM »

BTW, DR Ron--you shuld be happy to hear that I have not had one candy bar this morning (and by that I mean I ate none, zilch, zippo. :) )

So...you had "Zero" candy bars this morning!! (YUM!)

td

• td
« Reply #79 on: October 28, 2005, 09:48:15 AM »

Once upon a time, in Castle Elsinore, Denmark, lived King Hamlet with his Queen, Gertrude, quite a ducky lady.  These royals had two children, the youthful Prince Hamlet (don't call him 'Junior') and his tottling toddler sibling, GIMLET.  Gimlet was very fond of lime juice, while Hamlet preferred an omelet more than anything in the world. . .

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #80 on: October 28, 2005, 09:48:41 AM »

Shall I drive south and stuff them back in? ? ?  ;)

No, you keep them.  I can always generate more.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: October 28, 2005, 09:58:23 AM »

DR elmore - I'm sure you'll get that final chorus section scored in no time.  -And enjoy the show tonight.  Wish I could be there to join you guys.  -But I'll be back in the city on Sunday.  :)

It wasn't an orchestration problem; it was a copy situation I'd forgotten, but the ever-reliable Tom Murray has come through.  Curtis reduced the full score to 8.5x11 and faxed it, with my edits, to him.  We will send the full score via Frd Ex for tomorrow, and hopefully by Sunday afternoon I can proof it.  We'll routine the parts and print them on Monday for Tuesday delivery and read it in Chicago on Wednesday.  I leave Monday morning so it will not be ready for Monday afternoon's rehearsal.  Luckily, it's only 56 bars long, but it's a very full orchestration.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #82 on: October 28, 2005, 09:58:40 AM »

I always thought Hamlet was a bit scrambled...

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #83 on: October 28, 2005, 10:00:29 AM »

LOL DR RLP - I am still sure it was DR JOSE except.....etc....etc...etc.....

Maybe it was DR JOSE, JR.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #84 on: October 28, 2005, 10:01:11 AM »

I don't have a database of CD's Videos or DVD's, but I do have things in alphabetical order.....so I can find something quickly.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #85 on: October 28, 2005, 10:04:26 AM »

DRJMK - what does Ralph Edwards want from you?  And what can they GIVE in return?  The photo you have on EBAY now?  I have a copy of that one - I thought I asked you if it was from the TIYL evening and you told me you didn't think so.....but that was right after I bought it and the other two....the ones from the Television City parking lot....nice coat....and that weird turban hat!  

As for Kazan's comments (he owed Frances money, didn't he?) - I go with Howard Hawks.... "for acting only Rosalind Russell and Carole Lombard can be mentioned in the same breath as Frances Farmer."  Kazan had issues and axes to grind and an agenda.  As did his son who was one of the writers of the movie FRANCES.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: October 28, 2005, 10:04:29 AM »

Question for DR Elmore or anyone that knows  the answer:

I have to write a harp part for a piece we're doing at Christmas time at church and while I understand the pedal system on the harp, I'm wondering if it was traditional to include pedal markings in the music, or can the harpist figure it out.  
Let the harpist mark the changes; I always end up giving them too much info and they liquid paper it out as they work on the part.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #87 on: October 28, 2005, 10:05:15 AM »

Harpist Mark was always my favorite of the Mark brothers.

Where is BISQUE today?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: October 28, 2005, 10:06:28 AM »

Oh... And courtesy of Steve's neighbor, Paul, a new word was introduced into my vocabulary this week...

heteroflexible - I think that's pretty much self-explanatory.

;D

Doesn't it mean actor?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #89 on: October 28, 2005, 10:11:41 AM »

DRJMK - what does Ralph Edwards want from you?  And what can they GIVE in return?  

IME (in my experience in internet lingo), folks who want you to "donate" offer nothing, zip, zilch in return...except their fleeting gratitude...and, perhaps, a grudging acknowledgement on their website or in a program, etc.

Funny thing...I was once bidding on an item on eBay (before BK alerted me to the glories of esnipe.com)...and one of the other bidders contacted me and asked me if I would refrain from bidding any further as he was gathering materials on this actor and wanted the photo for a "web" museum, and had limited funds.  EBay was, apparently, his main venue for collecting the materials he wanted for his tribute

As it was, I had bid as much as I wanted, and I didn't bid more, but I also did not give him the satisfaction of knowing that.

I've had a couple of experiences wherein folks have contacted me after an auction and requested I "donate" or sell to them the item I'd just won -- at a lower price than I paid.

My guess is they may have thought I might be a dealer collecting items for resale....but, still...taking a loss isn't something folks usually want to do.  I know I don't.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2005, 10:16:46 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Up