Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: 23 HICCUPS  (Read 25985 times)

Jennifer

Re:23 HICCUPS
« Reply #60 on: October 31, 2005, 10:40:29 AM »

Happy Halloween everyone!

Congrats DR JRand on your new job!

I do not think that I will watch any scary movies tonight on tv.  I will just hand out candy.  I wonder what time the first little kid will arrive at?  I'm guessing 6pm.

Btw, it cannot be good that I already started snacking on halloween candy (yesterday) (the ones i'm supposed to be handing out). :)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #61 on: October 31, 2005, 10:43:17 AM »

I saw these little Sony robots on QVC.....for about $200.  They sold out immediately.    :o

Here they are choreographed to dance.   ;D

They are about 16 inches high.

http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=N8FxUMIZkfo&search=robot%20dance

UNBELIEVABLE!  Those are probably the HOT item for this Christmas, too.

I want a few!!!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #62 on: October 31, 2005, 10:47:54 AM »

It's another beautiful day here.  I am not, however, in the "Halloween" spirit, although I may watch "Meet Me in St. Louis" to put me there.  

I don't really have any spooky, horror-type DVDs unless you count "Poltergeist."

I also don't get any trick-or-treaters.  In fact, the last time I ever gave out candy at Halloween was when I lived in Lawrence, IN, circa 1982.

I was prepared for doing so in 1994 when I was out of the Navy and living in a nice neighborhood I thought kids would flock to, but the doorbell never rang once the entire night.

For the past 10 years, I've been in a secure building and the few kids who live here don't presume to trick-or-treat here.

I sorta kinda miss it.   But I think it's pretty much gone with the days when it was safe to do it, except in certain areas/neighborhoods.

(I wanna go trick-or-treating in BK's neighborhood!)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2005, 10:52:09 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #63 on: October 31, 2005, 10:53:20 AM »

Somebody else say something.  I see eight other Hainesies/Kimlets in lurk.

:D
« Last Edit: October 31, 2005, 10:53:45 AM by Ron Pulliam »

MBarnum

« Reply #64 on: October 31, 2005, 10:55:52 AM »

I am waiting for the scary not-so-Speedy Glass man to come and take my car to their scary shop so that I can again have a scary passenger side window.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #65 on: October 31, 2005, 10:56:46 AM »

Yes, we have a large quorum on the forum, including the elusive butterfly of love, Mr. William F. Orr.  Has HE read Rewind?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: October 31, 2005, 10:57:23 AM »

I guess the scary Cable Man has decided not to get here until one minute before noon.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #67 on: October 31, 2005, 10:57:24 AM »

Is anyone going to watch scary movies tonight?

I think that I will...although I don't know which ones yet.

My sister told me that she rented THE RING Saturday night and that it scared the crap out of her.  I was thinking of picking it up for tonight.   Either that or MAD MONSTER PARTY.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

MBarnum

« Reply #68 on: October 31, 2005, 10:57:56 AM »

In fact as I typed that previous message the scary car window man called and he is on his scary way now.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #69 on: October 31, 2005, 11:10:51 AM »

My vote is for MAD MONSTER PARTY - which by the way is being remade!

Second choice:  HOMICIDAL!!!!

Third choice:  I SAW WHAT YOU DID!

Both films du William Castle!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #70 on: October 31, 2005, 11:11:44 AM »

UNBELIEVABLE!  Those are probably the HOT item for this Christmas, too.

I want a few!!!

So true, DR RLP.  The man who was selling them said all of the robots that were available for the season were already IN the country and that the demand was MUCH greater than the supply.  8)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #71 on: October 31, 2005, 11:17:17 AM »

Scary bad production that I was in:

JULIUS CAESAR, in college.  The director decided to set it on Wall Street and had everyone dress in business suits.  I played Brutus and never knew what the hell I was doing.  I had to play against alternating Cassius/Cassia, not always knowing who was going to show up.  Caesar was a big guy who sometimes refused to go down after I plunged my knife into his chest.  Portia had a fever blister one night.  And there were so many cast members who were doubled and tripled in roles that no one ever really knew who was who.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

MBarnum

« Reply #72 on: October 31, 2005, 11:22:39 AM »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #73 on: October 31, 2005, 11:29:46 AM »

Great artwork, Mike.  Is that a place mat?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: October 31, 2005, 11:33:40 AM »

Scary Cable Man has come and gone, and I must say the new modem seems to be working splendidly, as everything is very fast now, even on AOL.

FJL

« Reply #75 on: October 31, 2005, 11:34:04 AM »

DR Dan - I don't think Bening and Daly were naked in that production, but I remember that Daly was wearing very little.

FJL

« Reply #76 on: October 31, 2005, 11:35:10 AM »

I might as well get my 600th post over with.

MBarnum

« Reply #77 on: October 31, 2005, 11:39:55 AM »

DR Ron, it is a postcard

FJL

« Reply #78 on: October 31, 2005, 11:41:07 AM »

Say what anyone will about community theater productions, but the lady who's playing Carlotta in the current production of FOLLIES in NYC is rehearsing in the other room and what a joy to listen to her rehearse.  If that's community theater caliber, may the theater gods smite me with it.  :)  There's just so much competition for parts in NYC that truly fabulous performers may find themselves having to do so-called community theater to stretch themselves between paying gigs.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #79 on: October 31, 2005, 12:10:38 PM »

Can't knock community theatre - as DR FJL says.

I think we are speaking of our nightmare productions - of all kinds.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #80 on: October 31, 2005, 12:11:01 PM »

Suddenly my internet has become unreliable....grrrrr.

Jed

« Reply #81 on: October 31, 2005, 12:21:24 PM »

I'm sure I've seen some disturbing professional productions, but none so horrific that they leap to mind at the moment.  Worst of any type I've seen was a summer stock Carousel.  The Billy Bigelow was absolutely frightful, managing to find vowel shapes I had never heard before, and never care to again.  Julie Jordan was no great shakes herself, and the chemistry between the two was simply non-existant.  A very good Carrie was sadly nowhere near enough to save the production.  Second place would have to go to a community theatre Sound of Music which included DG Ann in the nun's chorus.  Musically a strong production... rather dreadful beyond that, particularly in the utter lack of any quality direction.
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Jed

« Reply #82 on: October 31, 2005, 12:31:15 PM »

Thankfully, there is a lot of good theatre out there, and Ann and I saw some Saturday night.  She took me up to Seattle and treated me to dinner and a fine production of Sweeney Todd at the 5th Avenue Theatre as my birthday present.  

A very strong, full-scale production, with a cast of 29 and a reproduction of the original Broadway set.  The actor playing Sweeney was simply wonderful, with a perfect voice for the role and finding a great balance of the dark and comical sides of the character.  Much more Cariou-esque than Hearn-ish, and therefore much more to my tastes.  Also found Johanna, Tobias, Anthony, the Beggar Woman, and the ensemble quite excellent.  Mrs. Lovett was fine, but at times tried to stretch things a bit much for the extra laugh, while Judge Turpin simply wasn't as strong vocally as the rest, but both were still perfectly passable in the roles.  

I would have personally preferred if the metronome had been set one click faster on most all of the songs (particularly in Act I), but I was pleasantly surprised to find that the slightly slower tempos rarely detracted from the effectiveness of the score.

All in all, a simply wonderful evening of theatre!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2005, 12:32:48 PM by Jed »
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #83 on: October 31, 2005, 12:35:25 PM »

I think I need to see a GOOD production of SWEENEY TODD.  Is the OBC the BEST recording to listen to?

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #84 on: October 31, 2005, 12:38:22 PM »

I think I need to see a GOOD production of SWEENEY TODD.  Is the OBC the BEST recording to listen to?
Yes, so far.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #85 on: October 31, 2005, 12:39:58 PM »

I'll be at work all through the H'ween candy hours.  Der B is off with the lads at school.  The doggies are watching the house.

Careful, or they will lick you to death!

:o
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #86 on: October 31, 2005, 12:40:50 PM »

By far.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ben

« Reply #87 on: October 31, 2005, 12:41:01 PM »

JRand said:

In my humble opinion, that is the best one. As much as I would like you to see a good production of Sweeney (I remember you said you saw a bad one and bad Sweeney can be gruesome - no pun intended), if you end up not liking the show, we will still like you at Haines His Way. That's part of the fun of being a Hainsie or a Kimmlet  :)

Ben

« Reply #88 on: October 31, 2005, 12:45:25 PM »

We are officially booked into an apartment in Dublin! The place looks and sounds great. A big one bedroom with a kitchen, television, phone and washer/dryer. The only thing it won't have is Internet access so I will truly be errant and truant for 14 days. It's near a local grocery store and right next to Christ Church Cathedral in Dublin City. We arrive Saturday morning, December 17th and leave Saturday afternoon, December 31st. I'm going to try and fit a two-day trip to Cardiff, Wales in there. I want to meet my radio show host, Beverly Humphreys and since she's not in the states and Cardiff is just a short hop across the water from Dublin I'll see if I can work something out. Who knows, maybe I can even appear on the BBC live.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #89 on: October 31, 2005, 01:08:25 PM »

Thanks to DRs SWW, DtM, and Ben for said ST recommendation.  I shall do what I can do.

I have been to Dublin - and then on north to Dundalk.  Beautiful beautiful country.  LONG LONG lunch hours at pubs....and much music and dancing.  I was there in May - so it was spring....but I am sure it is just as delightful in winter time - because the PEOPLE were wonderful!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up