Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: 23 HICCUPS  (Read 24759 times)

Jennifer

Re:23 HICCUPS
« Reply #240 on: October 31, 2005, 08:36:39 PM »

I had trick-or-treaters too!

I didn't count, but I think there were more than usual.  It was so warm out (unbelievable).  So it must have actually been fun to be out this year.

There were a bunch of cute costumes.  One minnie mouse was quite cute.  Also a skinny spider man with the muscle spiderman costume made me laugh.  I also really liked the girl who came as green grapes (with tons of green balloons tied to her).

I still have some candy left.

Jennifer

« Reply #241 on: October 31, 2005, 08:40:10 PM »

BK, you only gave one candy????   That will not do!  I usually give at least 4!

FJL

« Reply #242 on: October 31, 2005, 08:56:01 PM »

When all those Guests were online before, one of them was me.  I couldn't sign on through Internet explorer so i was lurking.  And yes, me bitching at the computer was very SCARY!!!

FJL

« Reply #243 on: October 31, 2005, 08:57:52 PM »

George - I now have that song that had the lyric "In the Year 5555" running in my head thanks to you.  (Was the song called "In the Year 2525"?) Not a complaint, I like the song.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #244 on: October 31, 2005, 08:59:51 PM »

Off to slumberland now.

Good night, all!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #245 on: October 31, 2005, 09:00:11 PM »

Nice hair Rodzinski.

Yeah, I got it cut since then.   :-\

FJL

« Reply #246 on: October 31, 2005, 09:00:33 PM »

Glad you have your power back, Michael S.  Welcome back!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #247 on: October 31, 2005, 09:21:20 PM »

Good Evening!

As the famous song lyric goes...

Heaven. I'm in Heaven...

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #248 on: October 31, 2005, 09:25:07 PM »

Back from some supper, and must now sit on my couch like so much fish.  300 posts anyone?  The only real way to send out October, don't you think?

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #249 on: October 31, 2005, 09:32:50 PM »

George - I now have that song that had the lyric "In the Year 5555" running in my head thanks to you.  (Was the song called "In the Year 2525"?) Not a complaint, I like the song.

I've never heard of it at all.  Who sang it?
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #250 on: October 31, 2005, 09:34:44 PM »

...I decided to get off the A Train at Columbus Circle this morning, since I was running a bit early.  And my "breakfast" was a Protein Berry Blast from the Jamba Juice in the Whole Foods in the Shops at CC...

Columbus Circle is at 59th Street. I decided to go ahead and walk down Broadway to the rehearsal studios...  To the first day of rehearsal... for my first Broadway show...

Well, by the time I reached 55th Street, I had started to cry...  Truly tears of joy.  "It" all just started to wash over me, to sink in.  I knew my "dream" would be truly be coming true come February, but after the phone call I received last Friday, my "dream" was moved up by a couple of months.

Thankfully, by the time I reached 42nd Street, my eyes had dried, and my smoothie had kicked in too...
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #251 on: October 31, 2005, 09:35:03 PM »

So, my new modem has been working wonderfully.  I go away for an hour and get back, and Adelphia is suddenly experiencing outages all over Southern California.  Unbelievable.  I can get on certain sites, like this one, but not on others - I can't get to the adelphia home page, and I can't seem to get onto any secure sites.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #252 on: October 31, 2005, 09:43:23 PM »

Tomovoz would probably know, but I believe it was Zaeger and Evans, and the song was called IN THE YEAR 2525.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

FJL

« Reply #253 on: October 31, 2005, 09:43:28 PM »

George - "In the Year 2525" was a big hit for Zager and Evans in 1969.  I just looked at the lyric.  I'd forgotten that it's such a pessimistic song, but it IS catchy.  If I'm getting this site right, it's at

http://frodisman.com/2525.html
« Last Edit: October 31, 2005, 09:44:23 PM by FJL »

George

« Reply #254 on: October 31, 2005, 09:43:31 PM »

I've never heard of it at all.  Who sang it?

I listened to the clip on amazon.com and I realized that I have heard this...but it's been a long time, and I never really learned it, just recognized it.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2005, 09:44:10 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #255 on: October 31, 2005, 09:44:45 PM »

As soon as I walked into the rehearsal studio, the smile that was already on my face just widened even more.  The first person I saw was my friend, Brad, who is the conductor for Lestat - and the one responsible for getting me on board.  He was the perfect one for me to see first.  "Thank You!"

People just started gathering over the next couple of minutes... The stage managers... The folks from the ad agency and Warner Bros...  The rest of the music staff - including BK's buddy, Todd Ellison who is doing the vocal arrangement for the show... I finally got to meet the "famous" John Miller - the music contractor... Robert Jess Roth, the director... Matt West and Cynthia Onrubia, the musical staging people... Guy Babylon, the musical supervisor and right hand man for Elton John... Susan Hilferty, costumes... Derek McLane, set design... Bernie Taupin, lyricist(!)... The cast - Hugh Panaro, Carolee Carmello, Jim Stanek, Jack Noseworthy, etc., etc., etc...

WOW!

And a whole slew of other people...  WOW!!

The director and designers did their presentations...  WOW!!!

Then we broke for lunch...

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #256 on: October 31, 2005, 09:50:27 PM »

The most "surreal" moment came just before we broke for lunch.  The stage manager wanted to go ahead and do the "introductions" since a lot of people were just there for the morning session.  -We had rehearsal in the afternoon.  So, they started going around the room, each person stating who they were and what they were doing with/for the production...  They started with the people standing around the room... Stage management, company management... Then the director, Rob Roth...

"So, who are you?"

-What?

"It's your turn."

(Gulp) Oh, OK... Well, I'm Jose...

...I forget what exactly what I said next, but I tried my best not to mumble and not speak to quickly like I am wont to do.   -However, I guess I did get my name out clearly enough - people remembered it later in the day.

Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #257 on: October 31, 2005, 09:53:32 PM »

Congratulations, Jose!!  That sounds like it's going to be a truly wonderful experience!! ;D

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #258 on: October 31, 2005, 09:54:49 PM »

All in all, a truly amazing day!

-And Elton John and Anne Rice come in tomorrow!

There's so much that happened today... And I could probably go on and on, but I'll just say that today was truly one of the THE BEST days of my life so far.

Thanks to all of you for your support, kind words and well wishes.

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #259 on: October 31, 2005, 09:58:36 PM »

...And since I was feeling good(!), I ended up joining DR Jason and his family for dinner at Becco - one of my favorites restaurants.

It was a pleasure meeting Jason's parents and uncle and aunt, and dinner was wonderful as always.  And due to my travels through Lousville and my father's Coast Guard experience, we actually had a bit more to talk about than expected.

...And after dinner, Jason and his family headed over to the Empire State Building for a final view of the city before heading back to Louisville in the morning.

Safe travels to them!

And "recovery" vibes to DR Jason!  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #260 on: October 31, 2005, 10:00:53 PM »

OH!  I got the best souvenir ever today too!  A Lestat t-shirt with the the logo on the front, the name of the show on the back, and the Warner Bros. logo and "First Rehearsal 10-31-05" on the left sleeve.

*They had a bunch of extras sitting on the table when I left, so I snagged a few for some friends.   And if there are still some more tomorrow, I may snag a few more.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #261 on: October 31, 2005, 10:04:05 PM »

...And before heading to dinner, I stopped into one of those small convenience stores on Ninth Avenue to buy some mints.  This guy starts screaming behind me.  "WOW!  WOW!"   He then walks up to the guy at the counter and asks him to verify his lottery ticket - a scratcher...  Then he shows it to another customer just to make sure he was not seeing things...  Turns out he had just won $25,000!!

-I ended up walking out the door with him...  He was wearing a t-shirt for the restaurant around the corner...  As he passed the restaurant, and he just waved to his friends inside... And kept walking!

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #262 on: October 31, 2005, 10:04:58 PM »

And I believe that completes my frenzy for the evening.  I have to be back at the rehearsal hall in nine hours, so...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #263 on: October 31, 2005, 10:05:29 PM »

Well, I must be going.  I have bills to pay, laundry to do and a meeting early in the morning.  I need my sleep, especially with the time change.  Good night, all!

td

• td
« Reply #264 on: October 31, 2005, 10:09:58 PM »

WELCOME BACK, DR MICHAEL SHAYNE!

Great tales from day one's rehearsal, Jose!  Tell Jim Stanek HELLO from me!  (yeah, Jim knows Tony Dale. . .)

I didn't have any trick or treaters, nor did I watch a scary movie.  Instead I watched the dvd of MAN OF LA MANCHA, a problematic film at best, but, Sophia Loren acquits herself quite nicely.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #265 on: October 31, 2005, 10:35:14 PM »

Reading Jose's posts, it's just like reading the opening chapter of Writer's Block, isn't it?

Tomovoz

« Reply #266 on: October 31, 2005, 10:37:10 PM »

George - "In the Year 2525" was a big hit for Zager and Evans in 1969.  I just looked at the lyric.  I'd forgotten that it's such a pessimistic song, but it IS catchy.  If I'm getting this site right, it's at

http://frodisman.com/2525.html
One of the true "one hit wonders".
In The Year 2525 (Exordium & Terminus)
Their non hit "Mr Turnkey" is very interesting too.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #267 on: October 31, 2005, 10:43:52 PM »

Tomovoz would probably know, but I believe it was Zaeger and Evans, and the song was called IN THE YEAR 2525.
For those who need to know Denny Zager and Rick Evans are from  Wymore and Lincoln Nebraska.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #268 on: October 31, 2005, 11:49:13 PM »

Halloween WUSSBURGERS!  No posts in over an hour and no one in the jernt.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up