Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Down

Author Topic: SO FAR, SO GOOD  (Read 31998 times)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
Re:SO FAR, SO GOOD
« Reply #300 on: November 08, 2005, 09:23:50 PM »

My avatar is a photograph I had especially commissioned by the renown digital photographer, Don DaMonn.  I really like how he captured the reflective mood I was in.  I think it came out so much better than the one of me bathing in a bathtub full of milk.

I think it's well past the time for a new avatar.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jed

« Reply #301 on: November 08, 2005, 09:31:41 PM »

Man, am I ever glad I don't get earaches.  DG Ann is clearly still feeling the pain and it has absolutely tired her out.  Meanwhile, she worried needlessly about my lack of sleep.  True, I ended up waking up at about 4:45 this morning due to her ear trouble, but I survived the day just fine.  Hopefully the heavy duty painkillers will help really knock her out when she heads in for bed here in a little while.
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #302 on: November 08, 2005, 09:31:51 PM »

PAGE ELEVEN COOL CATS DANCE:

And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #303 on: November 08, 2005, 09:34:26 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~ ~ ~ ~ ~  MORE PAIN FREE EAR VIBES FOR DR ANN  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~[/move]

[move=RIGHT,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~ ~ ~ ~ ~  AND SOME VIBES FOR DR JED FOR BEING A MENSCH  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~[/move]

-- Anaïs Nin

Jed

« Reply #304 on: November 08, 2005, 09:37:44 PM »

The story behind my name...

My father's main request when discussing potential names for me was that, if I turned out to be male, I be given initials so that he could call me "J.J."  They decided on Joseph as the middle name because it's my dad's first name.  One day my father was watching an episode of Barnaby Jones and heard Barnaby call his nephew "Jedediah" and that was that.  So I guess that, even without The Beverly Hillbillies, Buddy Ebsen can be credited with naming me.

Of course, my father has never called me "J.J." a single day in my life. :D
« Last Edit: November 08, 2005, 09:39:26 PM by Jed »
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

MBarnum

« Reply #305 on: November 08, 2005, 09:40:15 PM »

Poor Ann. I also sends vibes of feeling better soon!

I haven't had an earache since childhood, but boy do I remember the pain!

MBarnum

« Reply #306 on: November 08, 2005, 09:40:58 PM »

DearReaderLaura, you made me laugh very loud!! LOL!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #307 on: November 08, 2005, 10:00:58 PM »

Well, it's been a long day, and I'm looking forward to sleeping in a little bit tomorrow, so...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #308 on: November 08, 2005, 10:03:50 PM »

My name: I understand there was a series of stories on the Mickey Mouse Club. My sister (four years old at the time) named me after a character in one of the stories who was a mean girl. I guess she didn't like me.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #309 on: November 08, 2005, 11:14:27 PM »

I'm sorry I've been so errant and truant, BK. I'll be back when finals are over and all my papers are done. I'll probably get my next paper topic tomorrow afternoon, so until then, I don't have to be writing anything. Yay!
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #310 on: November 08, 2005, 11:17:12 PM »

My name is apparently the result of a disagreement between my parents. They each wanted a different name, and since they couldn't agree, they named me Sandra.

And my avatar is a picture my mom took of me posing with my fencing foil and Swedish chef hat. The picture was taken outside, so the neighbors all had something to wonder about.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Up