Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: WAXING NOSTALGIC  (Read 27550 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:WAXING NOSTALGIC
« Reply #150 on: November 12, 2005, 10:06:59 PM »

Working on finishing my third DVD for the evening, before I get to tomorrow's notes.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #151 on: November 12, 2005, 10:10:23 PM »

The How Senile Can You Be department:

I deceded to make some popcorn.  I went to the cupboard to get my popcorn bowl.  Missing.  Gone.  Not there.  I went ballistic.  I began to think she of the Evil Eye had worked her wonders and broken it.  Then I went to another cupboard where my pots and pans are, to get my silver salad bowl as a replacement for the popcorn bowl.  It, too, was missing.  Gone.  Not there.  I went ballistic.  I looked in every cupboard I could think of, and some I couldn't think of.  Nada.

I put the popcorn in the pot I cook my pasta in.  I was steaming mad.  Whilst I was eating my pasta, and trying to watch the movie, I suddenly realized that both the popcorn bowl and the salad bowl were in the living room, still filled with Halloween candy.  DUH!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #152 on: November 12, 2005, 10:14:53 PM »

Don't you hate it when that happens?? ;)

Don't feel so bad, BK.  I'm only 39 and things like that have been happening to me for years! ::)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #153 on: November 12, 2005, 10:17:10 PM »

Well, my frenzies—that is to say, my friends, I had the distinct pleasure of seeing a movie today on an actual movie screen that I actually found enjoyable. And it was one for which my hopes were not high. The title is KISS KISS BANG BANG, and it is an unusual movie. And a really fun one with great chemistry between the two leads Mssrs. Downey Jr. and Kilmer. The plot is your typical modern-day noirish LA shenanigans. But the actors really carry this film and make it fun. Some really hilarious exchanges. Violent and unpredictable. And no music overkill on the soundtrack. A pleasant surprise.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #154 on: November 12, 2005, 10:32:17 PM »

DRGeorge, I wish you'd find another avatar.  The one you're using now scares the hell out of me!   ;D

I, of course, have no options.

A different picture just for you, Elmore. ;D
« Last Edit: November 12, 2005, 10:40:47 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #155 on: November 12, 2005, 10:54:34 PM »

elmore, I don't know what a "worthy" commercial is, but I remember the first regional commercial I did back in the mid-seventies being the voice of "the money knight" for a Savings and Loan.  I think I was in the booth for maybe 20 minutes.  I got a check for 800 bucks.  Sure beat working 9-to-5.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #156 on: November 12, 2005, 11:36:32 PM »

My first commercial was for Charmin (playing young Mr. Whipple) - it ran for two years - I'd say it was pretty worthy.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up