Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE NOT-TOO-TAXING RELAXING DAY  (Read 23426 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:THE NOT-TOO-TAXING RELAXING DAY
« Reply #120 on: November 13, 2005, 05:34:20 PM »

The End Is Near!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #121 on: November 13, 2005, 05:34:37 PM »

The End is Near!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #122 on: November 13, 2005, 05:34:53 PM »

The World Will End Tonight!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #123 on: November 13, 2005, 05:35:44 PM »

The World Will End Tonight on CBS!!!!  Don't forget to watch!  Gina Gershon is in it!  Maybe she will say her famous line from SHOWGIRLS: "You're a whore, darlin'!"

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #124 on: November 13, 2005, 05:36:05 PM »

That is all from Chicken Little Central!

Danise

« Reply #125 on: November 13, 2005, 05:41:41 PM »

Speaking of the end being near, I remember one time I was in the grocery check out line.  The headline on one of the rag newspapers stated that world was going to end that week or weekend (can't remember which).  

I asked the check out girl if I should put my groceries back and come back later 'cause we all know that the Enquirer wouldn't lie!

Of course, I can't explain why we are all here now.   :D
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #126 on: November 13, 2005, 05:50:22 PM »

On the phone with Bryan-will be back later.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #127 on: November 13, 2005, 05:57:31 PM »

...Some people I could name better be getting off their butt cheeks or there will be hell toupee.
Some of the regular customers where I work have hell toupees.  And there's lousy dye jobs aplenty out there, too!

And lots of women who need Rogaine.

:P
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #128 on: November 13, 2005, 05:59:23 PM »

Time to watch Iron Chef America.  Tonight, Bobby Flay is cooking against the Two Hot Talames.  I hope they kick his butt!!!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Ginny

« Reply #129 on: November 13, 2005, 06:14:41 PM »

Congrats on the new doghouse success, DR GINNY.  And you didn't use a realtor!

DR JRand, DR Danise is the one with the new doghouse; I'm the one who'll be in the doghouse at work if I take my GrantRant public  :-X
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #130 on: November 13, 2005, 06:19:21 PM »

Went to a lovely partay at the Pogues.  Back now, but must have a little production meeting, and then it's back to viewing another five or six DVDs.  Then, tomorrow someone will be buying about eight more DVDs for me to view on Tuesday.  Then I'll have everything ready to be digitized for putting together the clip reel.

MBarnum

« Reply #131 on: November 13, 2005, 06:28:53 PM »

BK, Ms. Sue England is an alumni of LACC's theater dept. Any idea if she will be there???

She wasn't a big star but she did have the lead in TEEN AGE CRIMEWAVE and was in a Bomba the Jungle Boy movie!

Ginny

« Reply #132 on: November 13, 2005, 06:34:46 PM »

:D I've just made plane reservations for DH Richard and me for our 25th wedding anniversary week in NYC!  We'll arrive on Monday, January 16 and stay until Sunday, January 22.  DR Danise, I'm pretty sure we'll see some snow!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #133 on: November 13, 2005, 06:42:17 PM »

DH Richard, who has not flown since 1994, was watching over my shoulder as I was online making our reservations and selecting our seats and everything.  He said, "Wow, this must be why the travel agents are going out of business!"

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #134 on: November 13, 2005, 06:48:16 PM »

TPunk just today my brother said for us to see Kiss Kiss Bang Bang.  Since it isn’t playing here we put it on our NetFlix queue and saw Good Night, Good Luck.

Michael

« Reply #135 on: November 13, 2005, 07:06:44 PM »

Dear TD

What are the dates you will be in NYC
Never stop dreaming.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #136 on: November 13, 2005, 07:50:07 PM »

DR Ginny - I LOVE New York City in January.  It's always been my favorite time to go.  It's sort of neat watching the city slow down a little due to the cold, wind, snow, slush, etc.  And there's nothing like walking down Broadway from 103rd to Times Square - Natural Dermabrasion!

And the hotel rates get silly low!  My favorite place to stay, The Skyline Hotel, has offered their nice, big room for as low as $75/night!  And they'll even throw in the parking sometimes!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #137 on: November 13, 2005, 07:51:18 PM »

Well...

Nothing like a couple of hands of Uno... And a couple of blender-fuls of pina coladas to help pass the evening.

...I do believe I'm a bit tipsy.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #138 on: November 13, 2005, 08:10:44 PM »

Enjoyed another hour of DIE HARD but still have almost an hour left of it to watch. For a change, NFL football didn't run over on CBS so shows started at their regularly scheduled times.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #139 on: November 13, 2005, 08:13:49 PM »

KISS KISS BANG BANG is another film that I do want to see. I hadn't heard a lot about it, but read a couple of "preview" rundowns, and it sounded like loads of fun. It's not playing at a theater near me at the moment, so I think I might wait a week or so to see if any of the theater chains shift movies around to one that's closer. They often do this as new movies come out the following week, and since HARRY POTTER will be taking up multiple screens at all these cineplexes come next weekend, the chances of its being moved somewhere else are very good.

Matt H.

« Reply #140 on: November 13, 2005, 08:16:04 PM »

COLD CASE had another off night, I thought, with a case involving the murder of a young dot com executive. So far this season, I haven't been able to watch every week due to NFL football games running long, but of the three or four shows I have seen that are new this season, none has matched the emotional impact of the best cases from the last two years.

Matt H.

« Reply #141 on: November 13, 2005, 08:20:39 PM »

DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES. Well, my favorite Richard Burgi had a major part to play tonight, and I flipped for him all over again. Love him. And Teri Hatcher was better tonight than she's been all season, I thought: more real, more identifiably human and less a frenzied cartoon character.

How much longer can George get away with the things he's doing? Going beyond satire to absurdity.

Still don't like the Applewhite's storyline but perhaps now it's going to pick up.

Nice to see Alex Mapa as Gabrielle's dress consultant.

Matt H.

« Reply #142 on: November 13, 2005, 08:22:25 PM »

As for ROME, well, let's just say that even GLADIATOR wasn't as graphically explicit as ROME was tonight in the arena sequence. I was wincing and turning away every few seconds. My, oh, my, can they make these slaughters real today or what?

Matt H.

« Reply #143 on: November 13, 2005, 08:24:09 PM »

Since I was able to watch ROME tonight and erase it from the DVR, that leaves only BIRTH on the DVR to be watched.

That means after I finish DIE HARD tomorrow, I should be able to get to MYSTERIOUS SKIN tomorrow and will post my feelings about it after I've seen it.

Jason

« Reply #144 on: November 13, 2005, 08:29:57 PM »

Yes, hold your hats and hallelujah, Jack: I have clean undies! Enough clean undies to last me for at least three weeks should I need them. And the world sighs a collective sigh of relief. :)

Jennifer

« Reply #145 on: November 13, 2005, 08:33:28 PM »

DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES SPOILERS FOR TONIGHT'S SHOW.

DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES. Well, my favorite Richard Burgi had a major part to play tonight, and I flipped for him all over again. Love him. And Teri Hatcher was better tonight than she's been all season, I thought: more real, more identifiably human and less a frenzied cartoon character.

How much longer can George get away with the things he's doing? Going beyond satire to absurdity.

Still don't like the Applewhite's storyline but perhaps now it's going to pick up.

Nice to see Alex Mapa as Gabrielle's dress consultant.

I don't really care for Richard Burgi, and was not really that fond of Teri Hatcher's story tonight. Although for once she did seem much more level-headed and less loopy.

Really dislike Alfre's story. Not at all interesting still.

Don't really like George either.  But am liking Bree a lot more lately. Loved the scenes with her and Gabrielle.

Lynnette's storyline was okay, sort of amusing.  I think tonight I enjoyed Gabrielle's the most, especially since she got the cliffhanger ending.

I still wish they would show all the women together more. I liked seeing the women (minus Lynette) eating ice cream!  And Bree was pretty funny, as usual.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #146 on: November 13, 2005, 08:39:12 PM »

Well, after getting up early today - well, early for me - and then driving up to NYC... And then having two and half pina coladas... I'm a bit tired... And since I want to stop by Lestat rehearsal tomorrow before I head over to Ripley-Grier...

One WUSSBURGER WITH CHEESE, signing off.

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #147 on: November 13, 2005, 08:44:30 PM »

Don't know Sue England, but if you can get in touch with her, it would be nice to have her at the event, unless she's no longer with us, in which case she won't be there.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #148 on: November 13, 2005, 08:46:01 PM »

Got through over twenty DVDs today - only two left from the original pile, then I should have about eight to ten more to go through on Tuesday and that should be it.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #149 on: November 13, 2005, 09:10:22 PM »

People come, people go, like Grand Hotel.  

I must now put my brain into staging land - I must sit in the Jacuzzi and start visualizing my opening number, which I'll be staging tomorrow at six.  I have the opening somewhat figured out, but once we're past the first chorus and I have to start bringing the entire cast into it, then I just have to figure out patterns and blocking areas.  

Once I've got it all up on its feet, if I feel the need, then a choreographer will be coming in to smooth it out.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up