Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: OVERLOAD  (Read 24905 times)

Jason

Re:OVERLOAD
« Reply #210 on: November 17, 2005, 09:54:09 PM »

I've had a spectacularly lazy evening. My roommates were both gone - to where, I have no idea or interest - so I piled up on the sofa in the living room for the first time in WEEKS and watched three - count 'em, THREE - Hitchcock movies: "Family Plot," "Psycho" and "The Birds." Good times.

DR Jose: I must see "The Joy Luck Club." In fact, I'm going to add it to my NetFlix queue right this very minute.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #211 on: November 17, 2005, 11:02:07 PM »

DR Jose: I must see "The Joy Luck Club." In fact, I'm going to add it to my NetFlix queue right this very minute.

Well... At least you still have those travel packs of Kleenex to absorb the tears.

;)

The movie has a long(er) running time than "normal", but it's well worth the time investment.  There are lots of stories and characters to keep track of, but the movie is plotted in such a way  that makes it easy to keep track of people, places and time periods (lots of flashbacks).  *And after seeing it the first time, an SNL skit I had seen years ago (when the movie originally came out) finally made sense to me.  ;)

I can't wait to hear what you think of it!
Make Your Own Luck.

Tomovoz

« Reply #212 on: November 17, 2005, 11:02:46 PM »

Today's visitor.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #213 on: November 17, 2005, 11:04:35 PM »

Same bird.
Sulpher Crested Cockatoo - frequent visitors and usually quite patient.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #214 on: November 17, 2005, 11:06:27 PM »

And, yes, I'm still up...  I'm watching the latenight rebroadcast of "Oprah" (which is when I usually end up watching "Oprah").  Today's topic is When Did You Know You Were Gay?/When Did You Come Out?/How Did You Tell Your Parents?/How Did Your Parents React?/etc., etc., etc...

And on Monday's "Oprah".. It's her "Favorite Things" show.  Oh, Joy!  Oh, Rapture!

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

Tomovoz

« Reply #215 on: November 17, 2005, 11:10:33 PM »

"Jerry Springer - The Opera"  was broadcast here the other night. We may watch it this weekend.
James Thurber 1957

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #216 on: November 17, 2005, 11:22:38 PM »

DR Jane - The other night I came home to find one of those big bags of Mauna Loa Toffee Coated Macadamia Nuts Covered in Milk Chocolate (Ghirardelli no less!)...  I tried my best to resist, but resistance was indeed futile.  Alas, there was also a one pound bag of plain macadamias on the counter too...

...And now I'm on Day 11 of being Sugar* and White Flour** Free***... Seven pounds dropped so far!

:)

*I'm not cutting out sugars totally - I'm not doing a quasi-Atkins thing.  I'm cutting out "overt" sugar right now - candies, cakes, cookies, ice cream, pastries, etc.  In other words, mainly white sugar.  "Covert" sugars are still in - fruits, vegetables, yogurt, soy milk, etc.

**No bread, cookies, cakes, pastries, etc.

***Well, I'd say about 96.5% Sugar and White Flour Free.  I did indulge with those Chocolate Covered Macadamia Nuts, and a Walker's Shortbread Cookie (or two), but that's been about it.  -Oh, and a bagel this past Monday in NYC.  But that's been about it.  I even passed on the free pizza lunch that was provided by the theatre today.

...It's all about looking good and looking better on April 13!

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #217 on: November 17, 2005, 11:25:39 PM »

Good Morning, Tom and Colin and Magnus and Fosca and Cockatoos Too!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #218 on: November 17, 2005, 11:26:19 PM »

Or should that have been "Good Afternoon"?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #219 on: November 17, 2005, 11:26:48 PM »

OK... "Oprah" is over... And I have to be up in five hours...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

Tomovoz

« Reply #220 on: November 17, 2005, 11:33:48 PM »

Good Evening DR Jose - from us all!
James Thurber 1957
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up