Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: ONE-NOTE NOTES  (Read 21488 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:ONE-NOTE NOTES
« Reply #120 on: December 02, 2005, 03:09:18 PM »

Sad news from Amazon:  I had a pre-order for "A Matter of Life and Death" (aka "Stairway to Heaven"), which Amazon had listed as an "announced" title without a specific date.

They say they've just learned they'll not be able to obtain the title from any of their distribution sources and are terminating all pre-orders for it.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #121 on: December 02, 2005, 03:10:33 PM »

I take my milestones where I can get them.

Fred, getting to know you better has been one of mine!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #122 on: December 02, 2005, 03:15:02 PM »

DR Danise, Thank you for the photo-cd it arrived today. What fun to relive the New York trip once again

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #123 on: December 02, 2005, 03:15:27 PM »

IN MY LIFE will close Dec. 11. What took them so long??

Well, with the way their publicity has been manipulating the positive comments in shell-shocked reviews to appear as if the turkey got raves, I think it should have folded immediately, but then I watch NBC and see how the network is flogging a dead horse like JOEY, so what the hell?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #124 on: December 02, 2005, 03:15:42 PM »

I haven't been feeling well today. I think this trying to be healthy stuff is making me sick

Cillaliz

« Reply #125 on: December 02, 2005, 03:17:19 PM »

I came home early and made a wonderful chicken vegetable soup.  I have eaten lots of it. Probably too much!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #126 on: December 02, 2005, 03:20:52 PM »

Good morning, all!  Tom Murray should be back from London this morning so we'll begin our last trek to the wilds of Toyland and finish up this score.  

And will we hear the screams of joy all the way in Oregon or will you be sad?

Jennifer

« Reply #127 on: December 02, 2005, 03:29:26 PM »

DR MBarnum, this week's AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL had a segment about Bollywood.  The girls are currently in London and one of the go sees they went on was all about Bollywood.  None of the girls even knew what Bollywood was when it was first mentioned. :(

Jane

« Reply #128 on: December 02, 2005, 03:31:57 PM »

Thanks for the vibes yesterday.  It only took five hours for what should have been a 20 minute delivery.

The jukebox arrived in good condition and works just fine.  It looks really cool.

The snow held off, just a light dusting this morning (of course enough to screw up the internet and tv connections).  There was no need to shovel so I took a long hike, my first in the fields behind our house without Echo.  I couldn’t face it last year winter.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #129 on: December 02, 2005, 03:32:35 PM »

And will we hear the screams of joy all the way in Oregon or will you be sad?

Well, we'll get it all printed up and send it off to the Foundation in California and wait to see what reaction we get.  I hope it's approved for publication, but we may have to go back and tweak.  It will be a new vocal score, and two-volume orchestra score.  I'd love to include the libretto with variant scenes to cover the alternate numbers, but that's not been approached yet since the focus was on the score.  I spent five hours today working on my editorial notes, primarily on all the extant sources we used for music and libretto, and finally listing an item, like the British Library help with scores and script, forced me to go back to my acknowledgements and thank someone I forgot:  today I added Miles Kreuger, Elaine Pordes & James Clement of the British Library.

I will be sorry to see it end, but I will be elated to go on to the next score, which is Victor Herbert's 1912 Cinderella story THE LADY OF THE SLIPPER.  After BABES IN TOYLAND, with a million sources, it will be such a breeze!  And of course I will never abandon my affection for "Jane Jane Jane."

Jane

« Reply #130 on: December 02, 2005, 03:52:55 PM »

From JRand:
Still worried about your continued satellite problems.  Someone at your provider should be giving you some assistance with it!!!

HA! HA!  You want to call and tell them that for us, cuz nothing we do works.  Keith says that’s what happens when you don’t have a choice.

Jane

« Reply #131 on: December 02, 2005, 03:59:10 PM »

Elmore in your honor I’m listening to Babes In Toyland.

Jane

« Reply #132 on: December 02, 2005, 03:59:51 PM »

For a photo of the cat flying in business class: http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/12/01/emily.cat.ap/index.html

What a story.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #133 on: December 02, 2005, 04:01:27 PM »

Elmore in your honor I’m listening to Babes In Toyland.

Is a sailor your true love?

Jane

« Reply #134 on: December 02, 2005, 04:20:14 PM »

Close, a traveling salesman who is now retired. :D

Jane

« Reply #135 on: December 02, 2005, 04:23:43 PM »

One thing about a hurricane named Epilson, not too many people will have to deal with jokes about a  hurricane named after them.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #136 on: December 02, 2005, 04:38:07 PM »

Close, a traveling salesman who is now retired. :D

;D ;D ;D

Jed

« Reply #137 on: December 02, 2005, 04:52:38 PM »

Jason, you didn't happen to deal with a community theater in Lakewood, Washington a few weeks ago did you?  I just wondered if you were the Mr. Scrooge who pulled the rights to ANNIE this Christmas because of a tour in 2007?

I just heard about this this afternoon from one of the previously-about-to-be orphans' mother.  Very sad.  Guess it just means an extra evening free for the three of us to meet up for ice cream rather than seeing a show, Dad!
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

François de Paris

« Reply #138 on: December 02, 2005, 05:13:26 PM »

Jason, you didn't happen to deal with a community theater in Lakewood, Washington a few weeks ago did you?  I just wondered if you were the Mr. Scrooge who pulled the rights to ANNIE this Christmas because of a tour in 2007?

Annie soit qui mal y pense! :(

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #139 on: December 02, 2005, 05:19:15 PM »

I just heard about this this afternoon from one of the previously-about-to-be orphans' mother.  Very sad.  Guess it just means an extra evening free for the three of us to meet up for ice cream rather than seeing a show, Dad!

Whooo are youu???

« Last Edit: December 02, 2005, 05:21:52 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jason

« Reply #140 on: December 02, 2005, 05:24:12 PM »

TCB: Washington isn't one of the states I handle, so I haven't worked with anyone from that theatre. I don't know the specifics of the goings-on, but I can tell you that in the nearly two years I've been there, we've not pulled rights from anyone who's already signed and returned a contract with some sort of deposit, even for a national tour. Not to my knowledge, anyway. What I suspect happened is that the theatre in question applied for the rights, got approval and didn't return their contract in time (they have six weeks to return it to us or they're subject to re-approval). Once an expired contract goes back in for re-approval, we have to send the rights request back to the tour's offices for their approval. As they are "the" national touring company, making them a big money-maker for the authors, we have to defer to their decision as to whether or not an amateur group can produce the show. If they say no, we have to deny the rights.

Like I said, I don't know the specifics of this particular case, but I've seen enough contracts expire to venture a safe guess. I'm sorry they won't be able to go forward with ANNIE and I'm sure the Washington state rep will do her best to help that group find a suitable, family-friendly replacement show.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2005, 05:29:11 PM by Jason »

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #141 on: December 02, 2005, 05:30:11 PM »

Thanks, Jason, I am sure that you are probably correct.  Their rep offered ANNIE WARBUCKS, but they decided to do a Christmas review instead.  Oh well.!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Michael

« Reply #142 on: December 02, 2005, 05:35:42 PM »

According to Playbill on line the budget for Spamelot was really cheap but took 6 1/2 months to recoup which considering the cost that is really bad. I would think it would have taken one  day to recoup.

The musical earned 14 nominations for the 2005 Tony Awards, winning prizes for Best Musical, Best Direction (Mike Nichols) and Featured Actress (Sara Ramirez). Also an audience favorite, the show continues to play to capacity crowds and break house records at the Shubert. The production recouped its $12 capitalization in Oct. 2005 — six and a half months after opening on Broadway. And a national tour launches from Boston in March 2006

Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #143 on: December 02, 2005, 05:57:55 PM »

Thanks, Jason, I am sure that you are probably correct.  Their rep offered ANNIE WARBUCKS, but they decided to do a Christmas review instead.  Oh well.!

And which newspaper wil the revue appear in?
Never stop dreaming.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #144 on: December 02, 2005, 06:02:36 PM »

Annie Annie Annie .... mlmljl  ljsdk lsjkld ljls.

This is what the chorus sang in two of the productions I was in, no one in the chorus bothered to learn the lyrics.

Annie Annie Annie.... lskkdj slkdje lsjdkkle lkejdlks lk.

.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #145 on: December 02, 2005, 06:03:22 PM »

I can see the headline now:

KIMMEL TAKES ORCHESTRA INTO GOLDEN TIME:  LACC TUITION INCREASES

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #146 on: December 02, 2005, 06:04:11 PM »

Sorry, DRJANE.  It is tragic when Monopoly is NOT just a board game.

I love Gloria Henry, DRMBARNUM.  She was a great Alice Mitchell.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #147 on: December 02, 2005, 06:04:53 PM »

DRMBARNUM the teams are going to Bollywood tonight on GSN.  Visiting a movie studio in Mombai.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #148 on: December 02, 2005, 06:28:16 PM »

For those of you who have AOL, I just read this AP article on Comcast.net:

The first few paragraphs are:

BELLEVILLE, Ill. - A lawsuit seeking to potentially cover hundreds of thousands of America Online Inc. subscribers accuses the Time Warner Inc. unit of illegally billing customers by creating secondary accounts for them without their consent.

The lawsuit, filed last month in St. Clair County Circuit Court on behalf of 10 AOL customers in six states, claims the company confused and deceived customers about the charges, stalled them from canceling unauthorized accounts and refused to return questioned fees.

"AOL exploits its subscribers' confidential billing information to unlawfully generate additional revenue by charging subscribers for additional membership accounts that they neither order nor request," the lawsuit alleges, calling the scheme "common, uniform and continuing."

And then it goes on from there.  I haven't had AOL for years, but a couple of friends here in Olympia do...and some here on HHW!  Check your statements very carefully!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #149 on: December 02, 2005, 06:28:53 PM »

Okay, I have to do it...
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up