Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: ONE-NOTE NOTES  (Read 21468 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:ONE-NOTE NOTES
« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2005, 11:20:17 AM »

What will it take, I wonder?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2005, 11:20:25 AM »

Ta-DA!

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]PAGE 3   PAGE 3   PAGE 3   PAGE 3   PAGE 3   PAGE 3   PAGE 3   PAGE 3   PAGE 3   PAGE 3   PAGE 3   PAGE 3   PAGE3[/move]
Let's shimmy shimmy, Cocoa Pop!

« Last Edit: December 02, 2005, 11:29:02 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2005, 11:25:06 AM »

My sister in law just sent me this, and I  thought I'd share it with you

A Woman Who Reads

One morning a husband returns after several hours of fishing and decides to take a nap. Although not familiar with the lake, his wife decides to take the boat out. She motors out a short distance, drops anchor and begins to read her book. Along comes a game warden in his boat. He pulls up alongside the woman and says,

"Good morning, ma'am. What are you doing?"

"Reading a book," she replies.

"You're in a restricted fishing area," he informs her.

"I'm sorry, Officer, but I'm not fishing, I'm reading."

"Yes, but you have all the equipment. For all I know you could start at any moment. I'll have to take you in and write you up."

"If you do that, I'll have to charge you with sexual assault," says the woman.

"But I have not even touched you," says the game warden.

"That's true, but you have all the equipment. For all I know you could start at any moment."

"Have a nice day, ma'am," he said, and left.

Moral of this story: Never argue with a woman who reads. It is likely she can also think.
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2005, 11:26:18 AM »

~~~Working Out Your Lunchtime Woes~~~ vibes to RLP

vixmom

« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2005, 11:43:41 AM »

Only 64 posts at 2:4 PM EST... oh dear, I fear there will be some slappin' going on when MR BK gets back......
« Last Edit: December 02, 2005, 11:44:08 AM by vixmom »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #65 on: December 02, 2005, 11:51:19 AM »

Thanks for the link, DR RLP.  Interesting thread.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jennifer

« Reply #66 on: December 02, 2005, 12:06:02 PM »

OMG I think I may just scream.  AFter my doctor's appointment I went and picked up the Veronica Mars video from my sis.  I watched it and now I've gone to aol.com/veronicamars to watch the alternate ending.

But it says that this cannot be viewed from outside the US.  Can anyone help me? :(

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: December 02, 2005, 12:13:37 PM »

I can help you:  If you move to the United States, you can view it. :-)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: December 02, 2005, 12:14:28 PM »

Might I just ask where in tarnation IS everyone?  This isn't Thanksgiving weekend, you know.  And I need everyone to pull their weight.  Have you ever pulled your weight?  Where do you grab onto when pulling it?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: December 02, 2005, 12:15:46 PM »

Tonight will be most interesting.  We really have only fifteen minutes per person to run songs - I think this will freak some of our people who are just showing up for the first time, but there's nothing to be done about it, unfortunately.  The band is on a three-hour call and that's that - although, I'm prepared to have them go overtime by an hour, if necessary.

Ginny

« Reply #70 on: December 02, 2005, 12:22:27 PM »

DR vixmom - love the "woman who reads" story  ;D

Back from my errands - had lunch, finished decorating the mantle, and dragged the empty storage boxes down to the basement.  Now, I'm watching more Desperate Houswives.  Isn't my day off exciting?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Tomovoz

« Reply #71 on: December 02, 2005, 12:23:50 PM »

TOTD:

DVD "Polar Express"  How clever and how totally lacking in heart!
CDs: Santana - "Shaman"
         "Opposite You" - Marin Mazzie & Jason Danieley
         "Vivaldi" - Nigel Kennedy and The Berlin Philharmonic
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

FJL

« Reply #72 on: December 02, 2005, 12:24:18 PM »

Skip and I had an enjoyable interview with Mr. Donald Feltham this morning about the LAST STARFIGHTER CD.  Well, we enjoyed the experience any way.   :)   Hope it comes out OK when it airs.

Tomovoz

« Reply #73 on: December 02, 2005, 12:26:13 PM »

I shall be truant for the next 2 days. I shall be in Portland. Not in OR but the coastal town in Victoria OZ.
I shall be in Portland OR next October!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jennifer

« Reply #74 on: December 02, 2005, 12:29:10 PM »

I can help you:  If you move to the United States, you can view it. :-)

Ha ha, that is a good one.  I wish they had a link to the ending off of upn.com.  Right now i'm just trying to find another link to the ending or a complete description. No luck so far with either.

FJL

« Reply #75 on: December 02, 2005, 12:31:22 PM »

AVENTURA - That's the title of the home movies about my most recent vacation.  An internet-addicted man finds himself in a hotel in Aventura, Florida with no computer access other than a single terminal shared by all of the hotel guests.  It's a horror film.

And that's my post #750.  I take my milestones where I can get them.

Jennifer

« Reply #76 on: December 02, 2005, 12:33:35 PM »

I finally found this link for non US viewers to view the ending. Let me see if it works.

http://s36.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0IDXPB5FCISY223OHFGBQH1DUQ

FJL

« Reply #77 on: December 02, 2005, 12:34:46 PM »

The Courtyard Hotel in Aventura just emailed me to fill out a survey.  It was a clean, well-located hotel, but one of the two elevators was broken for my entire stay, making getting around inconvenient.  Any point in mentioning that in the response to the survey?  Will it get me anything?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #78 on: December 02, 2005, 12:35:06 PM »

Have an eggroll, Mister Milestone...

vixmom

« Reply #79 on: December 02, 2005, 12:36:33 PM »

AVENTURA - That's the title of the home movies about my most recent vacation.  An internet-addicted man finds himself in a hotel in Aventura, Florida with no computer access other than a single terminal shared by all of the hotel guests.  It's a horror film.

And that's my post #750.  I take my milestones where I can get them.

Mr. Fred... I wonder if I it would be too bold to ask if I could get my Starfighter CD autographed by the creators.....  :-*

vixmom

« Reply #80 on: December 02, 2005, 12:38:02 PM »

Tonight will be most interesting.  We really have only fifteen minutes per person to run songs - I think this will freak some of our people who are just showing up for the first time, but there's nothing to be done about it, unfortunately.  The band is on a three-hour call and that's that - although, I'm prepared to have them go overtime by an hour, if necessary.

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~~~~VIBES~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/move]

for an excellent rehearsal
« Last Edit: December 02, 2005, 12:39:01 PM by vixmom »

Jennifer

« Reply #81 on: December 02, 2005, 12:39:01 PM »

Well I think that file will take too long to open. But i did find a very good summary:

http://www.tv.com/veronica-mars/show/24272/forums.html

I am very confused though. The alternate ending seems like it has much extra stuff added, not really an alternate ending.

DR MattH, maybe since we are the only two who watch this, you can tell me what you think.

vixmom

« Reply #82 on: December 02, 2005, 12:39:35 PM »

DR vixmom - love the "woman who reads" story  ;D

Back from my errands - had lunch, finished decorating the mantle, and dragged the empty storage boxes down to the basement.  Now, I'm watching more Desperate Houswives.  Isn't my day off exciting?

Now come decorate MY house!

FJL

« Reply #83 on: December 02, 2005, 12:41:16 PM »

Vixmom - Any time, but I've truly been E&T about getting those silver pens we talked about long ago.  :)

Jennifer

« Reply #84 on: December 02, 2005, 12:58:05 PM »

For DR MattH,

Check out this comment from the writers of VERONICA MARS re: the real alternate ending. Interesting.

http://www.tv.com/veronica-mars/show/24272/forums.html&fpage=show_messages.php&board=11423&topic=158804&item_page=10&page=2

SPOILER RE: ALTERNATE ENDING OF VERONICA MARS.

FYI -

Rob confimed on the internet talk show yesterday that there never really was an alternate ending. It was just something Ron Silver dreamed up with AOL to do as a promotional thing. Rob said they were filming the ep when Ron came up and asked for an alternate ending. The writers just got together and dreamed up something over the top.

Rob said the real alternate ending would have been Meg not waking up. He said that was the debate among the writers - whether or not Meg should wake up at the end of the episode.

So it was pretty much as most of us thought. There never was any chance that the ending would be anything other than what was aired.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2005, 12:59:04 PM by Jennifer »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: December 02, 2005, 01:05:32 PM »

I shall now be on my way to LACC, after doing a couple of errands.  Keep the home fries burning until my returning - I'll need lots of reading matter when I get home to unwind.

Cillaliz

« Reply #86 on: December 02, 2005, 01:06:27 PM »

Re: last night's APPRENTICE.

DR Cillalize I loved Alla and there was no way that she deserved to go last night. She has been exceptional up until now.  And I actually thought she was one of Trump's favorites.  IMO last night Felisha was a witch. She was bossing Alla around (when I bet they would have won if Alla had been the PM).

It just made me so mad because Turmp usually gives people a second chance.  Especially people that have only made one small mistake. He has given Rebecca and Randal many chances.  I think it was more Alla's attitude in the boardroom that pissed him off.

Btw, DR George, I know hate is a strong word. But I was really mad.  Felisha was the weakest player left (Carolyn even said so). But Alla was the strongest.  Mr. Trump lets us get invested in people, and then makes ridiculous decisions.  This was huge.

Anyhow Rebecca has been my fav since Day 1.  But I think Randall saved her last night. If he hadn't taken her aside then I think things would have been bad for them.

I assumed it had to do with Alla, but she just wouldn't let up in the boardroom and I think that killed her. Knowing when to shut up is very important in business, she really didn't know. That's what I saw, but since I haven't watched the rest of the series, it didn't bother me in the same way it would have if I had felt invested in the contestants

Jason

« Reply #87 on: December 02, 2005, 01:06:29 PM »

IN MY LIFE will close Dec. 11. What took them so long??

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #88 on: December 02, 2005, 01:12:56 PM »

Jason, you didn't happen to deal with a community theater in Lakewood, Washington a few weeks ago did you?  I just wondered if you were the Mr. Scrooge who pulled the rights to ANNIE this Christmas because of a tour in 2007?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2005, 01:14:18 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #89 on: December 02, 2005, 01:13:04 PM »

I have spent this afternoon on the phone with my college roommate. He was recently in NYC to see Kitty Carlisle's show at Fienstein's and then was invited to an aftger-party where he met Ms. Michele Lee among others.

He couldn't get over how well Kitty sang and moved and looked (she's 95). He's always loved her.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up