Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: THE MALADY LINGERS ON  (Read 30695 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:THE MALADY LINGERS ON
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2005, 08:44:09 AM »

(Partial lyric for "The Glamorous Life")

[QUINTET]

Hi-ho, the glamorous life!
Run for the carriage, la la la,
Wolf down the sandwich, la la la,
Which town is this one, la la la,
Hi-ho, the glamorous life!

[MADAME ARMFELDT:]

Ordinary daughters agglomerate their lot,
Use their charms and choose their futures,
Breed their children, heed their mothers.
Ordinary daughters, which mine, I fear, is not,
Tend each asset, spend it wisely
While it still endures--
Mine tours!

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2005, 08:45:23 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]How-do-you-do, we've reached our Page 2[/move]

« Last Edit: December 09, 2005, 08:48:19 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jason

« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2005, 08:52:45 AM »

Elan - congratulations to you and your DW(tm)!! The baby is adorable.

And now that I know you're married and have a baby, I know that you are not the Elan of whom I spoke a few days back. The one I know may be married, though I don't think he is, but I know for sure he hasn't got a baby. :)

Elan

• Smiling from heir to heir...
    • efrex: confessions of an orthodox jewish straight theatre queen
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2005, 08:54:42 AM »

Thanks, Jason!

I was going to respond to you yesterday, but I didn't see your comment till late: TLW(tm) and I haven't been out to see a show for the past two months (a wee bit busy with the little one), so it couldnt've been me. Nice to know that there's another Elan out there, though!

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2005, 08:55:44 AM »

Congratulations Elan on your new son!!

I wish you joy, wonder and some sleep!!!

Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2005, 08:58:50 AM »

And here it is...my final working day of calendar year 2005.

I've turned and burned all week putting some finishing touches on projects and trying to finish the first big project that will come my way in the new calendar year.

I attained levels of stress this week that I haven't experienced in years...but it was all self-imposed.  I'm glad it's nearly over and I look forward to the rest of the month as a blissful retreat into self-serving loafing and lounging.

Let the joyous news be spread, the past year's workload's been put to bed.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2005, 09:02:35 AM »

"Survivor: Guatemala" -- SPOILER

SPOILER

Last night's episode yielded zero surprises for me, although I wasn't sure who would be voted out.  I thought they'd rid themselves of Cindy or Lydia or Danni...and then they edited it to make it seem Rafe would be going.

As it stands now, Steph probably doesn't have a vote on the jury against any of the remaining ladies.  Time will tell.  I think if Danni and Rafe were the final two, the jury would have a tough time deciding who to vote for because I think that both are quite popular, although it was Rafe who instigated Jamie's and Judd's departure (and Steph is probably being given the blame).  So who knows?!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2005, 09:03:12 AM by Ron Pulliam »

MBarnum

« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2005, 09:03:59 AM »

What a wonderful picture Elan! And congratulations!!!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2005, 09:32:15 AM »

DRElan, it's good to see you and to know the baby arrived safely.  It's a great photo, to boot!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2005, 09:35:09 AM »

DR Jose - Actually, Sag Harbor (which I really had liked) changed its name to Red, and now I believe Red is gone as well.  I think the restaurant that is in that spot on 44th St. is no longer part of the Pietrasanta-Rachel's "family."

I'm pretty sure the Coffee Pot left the Pietrasanta-Rachel's family quite a while ago as well.

I know the restaurant you are talking about, I went there when it was called Red. They had really good risotto.  Now I think it's called etcetera.

Ginny

« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2005, 09:35:36 AM »

...TLW(tm) and I haven't been out to see a show for the past two months (a wee bit busy with the little one....

DR Elan - when our son was born (20 years ago - it goes fast), my sister sent us a card that said:

"Now that you have a baby,
Life as you've known it is over."

That can be taken all kinds of ways, but I hope for your family it means lots of lovely adventures and plentiful moments like the one in your photograph.  Congratulations!

« Last Edit: December 09, 2005, 09:36:22 AM by Ginny »
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2005, 09:38:21 AM »

What an adorable baby!

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2005, 09:39:48 AM »

My professor just emailed me my final grade- the grades for my classes are now all in- straight A's!

Just one more semester to go and then I will have letters after my name.

Ginny

« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2005, 09:42:22 AM »

My professor just emailed me my final grade- the grades for my classes are now all in- straight A's!

Congratulations, DR TPunk!  You've worked hard for those grades.

I got to wondering the other day how your mother liked the ceramic pumpkin you bought at Broadway Panhandler.  Wasn't it going to be a Thanksgiving present?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2005, 09:49:08 AM »

AGGLOMERATE, baby, AGGLOMERATE!
Agglomerate...
  agglomerseven...
    agglomersix...
      agglomerfive...
        agglomerfour...
          agglomerthree...
            agglomertwo...
              agglomerone...

[move=up,scroll,6,transparent,100%][size=20]WE HAVE LIFTOFF!!!!!!![/size][/move]
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

vixmom

« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2005, 09:49:40 AM »

DR RLP Enjoy your well earned vaction!  happy traveling Vibes to you!!

Jason

« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2005, 09:50:05 AM »

Way to go, TPunk!! Congratulations!!!

vixmom

« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2005, 09:50:32 AM »

Congratulations  Dean's List Honoree TPunk!

Now tell Rodzinski he must take you out for a celebratory dinner!!

vixmom

« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2005, 09:52:49 AM »

and what will those letters be? PHD? MA? MBA? Enquiring minds want to know what sort of intellectuals we are rubbing elbows with on this here site..... :D

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2005, 09:52:58 AM »

Congrats to Elan!

Congrats to TPunk!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2005, 09:55:36 AM »

I just finished watching The Polar Express.

Wierd looking film.  

And clearly designed to be seen in an IMAX theater.

Barf bags (in case of motion sickness) will be provided upon request.

:o

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2005, 09:58:01 AM »

Der B and I will be off in a few minutes to grandlad-sit while Mommy gets to X-mas shop.

And we're taking them to see Narnia.  After that, we'll be meeting Mommy for dinner at a restaurant.

She would invite herself.  It's a lot more fun with just the lads.   :-\

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2005, 10:01:05 AM »

A question for everyone: In these politically correct times, do you still like to say "Merry Christmas," or "Happy Holidays?"

(Personally, I like to say "Have a pleasant holiday," because it's nondemominational, and doesn't discriminate against those who are depressed by demanding that they be happy.  Rather, the phrase suggests that they be able to ease through these trying times.)

( 8))

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #53 on: December 09, 2005, 10:13:05 AM »

Good afternoon!

What a day, and it's not half over! Morning started quietly enough. Beautiful, cold, but no snow or ice, and the rain didn't freeze badly enough overnight to do any damage, and it was gone by the time I got up and started stirring around the house.

But then, the phone started ringing during my workout, and it was non-stop until noon when I had to run out and get some things.

My lunch is ready now, so I'll be posting more a little later.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jennifer

« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2005, 10:14:14 AM »

Re: last night's Survivor.

My favorites in order are Steph (who i really like), danni (who i like), rafe (who i used to like) and lydia (who i really cannot stand).

I was very disappointed that these people keep flip flopping on their alliances.  It's stupid.  Judd/jamie/rafe/steph/cindy had it made.  Rafe comes across as so sweet and honest.  BUt in fact it has been him who has been the key force in everyone's demise.

I was actually very happy that steph went back and told cindy what rafe had said.  I was disappointed she voted for cindy. But if lydia/danni/rafe had made up their mind, there was really nothing they could do. I wish that steph and cindy had talked to lydia about voting out danni. I know they did talk to danni and lydia about voting out rafe. But of course they did not know of danni and rafe's final two alliance.

I don't think cindy will be mad at steph. I do think jamie and judd will be.  Although if it is rafe and steph at the end perhaps steph can convince the guys that it was rafe's plan.

I was disappointed to see Cindy go.  Not liking rafe too much right now.

Matt H.

« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2005, 10:15:07 AM »

Great news, DR TPunk. Hope the remaining classes go equally well.

Matt H.

« Reply #56 on: December 09, 2005, 10:15:35 AM »

And now, my stomach clock has gone off (a Snoopy reference).

WBBL.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #57 on: December 09, 2005, 10:15:42 AM »

A question for everyone: In these politically correct times, do you still like to say "Merry Christmas," or "Happy Holidays?"

(Personally, I like to say "Have a pleasant holiday," because it's nondemominational, and doesn't discriminate against those who are depressed by demanding that they be happy.  Rather, the phrase suggests that they be able to ease through these trying times.)

( 8))

My answer:  I generally tend to wish folks a happy holiday season -- in a general sense.  But I wish "Merry Christmas" loudly and lustily to all and sundry as the day draws near.

Anyone offended by it should move to a country where religious FREEDOM is not observed or tolerated.

And woe unto those who try to make this country one of those.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #58 on: December 09, 2005, 10:19:22 AM »

But that was a good point, S. Woody, about folks who get depressed during the holidays.  

I sure don't want to depress anyone.  But I'd like to cheer them up, if possible.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #59 on: December 09, 2005, 10:23:14 AM »

Question for anyone of Jewish background:  I have long been told, by my Jewish friends, that they are bemused by the commercialization...and elevation...of Hanukkah alongside Christmas.  They have told me that Hanukkah was always a minor holiday on the Jewish calendar and that it has been inflated into something that it was never meant to be.

Also, there has been talk (oh, yes! Talk!) that Christians should acquire some proportion on their own sense of Christmas when they jump on the everything-is-equal bandwagon this time of year.

But...I say these things not to offend, but to acquiree ask for thoughts from others in this forum....i.e. WHAT DO YOU THINK?

« Last Edit: December 09, 2005, 02:59:04 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Up