Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: THE MALADY LINGERS ON  (Read 31860 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
THE MALADY LINGERS ON
« on: December 09, 2005, 12:12:33 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, you've hummed the notes beautiful maladies, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're trying to find the malady, but frankly they are tone deaf.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2005, 12:18:11 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:THE MALADY LINGERS ON
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2005, 12:15:36 AM »

And the word of the day is: AGGLOMERATE!

Smoke on your pipe and put THAT in!

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2005, 01:12:34 AM »

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I really hate pulling all-nighters. Why do I do it? Why? Why? Why can't I write a decent paper some time before the night before it's due? I actually try. I sit there with my lucky pencil and everything and just wait for all the brilliant ideas to come, and NOTHING. I am physically unable to write a paper unless the eight-hour countdown has already started.

Anyway, DC Joshie is keeping me company as I slowly churn out the last paper of the semester. (Have you guessed that it's due tomorrow?) I hope the dreaded Dr. C. gets about twenty really nasty paper cuts from this paper while he's reading it.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2005, 01:13:10 AM »

Put THAT in your pipe and blow bubbles with it!

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2005, 01:13:41 AM »

Glad to see we have at least one late-night denizen.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2005, 01:13:53 AM »

And now - Dino at the piano.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2005, 01:14:25 AM »

Soup?  I'll give you soup.

Floop?  I'll give you floop.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2005, 01:14:45 AM »

AGGLOMERATE, baby, AGGLOMERATE!

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2005, 04:19:50 AM »

Yay! I'm done! And it's not even 5:30 in the morning.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2005, 04:20:22 AM by Sandra »

Tomovoz

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2005, 04:28:19 AM »

TOTD:
DVDs last viewed - (1) A King In New York
                               (2) Racing Stripes

CDs: Percy Faith - Columbia Singles 1959 - 1967
                             Good tracks but some notes would have been useful.  Where were the Themes from "A Summer Place" and "Sons And Lovers"  and "Theme For Young Lovers"? Very odd.
Maybe DR JMK has the answers?
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2005, 04:45:05 AM »

Good morning, all!  The city is very quiet this morning.  I've heard only one snow shovel raking againt the concrete in the past 40 minutes, and usually the din has begun by now.

Today, I tie up some loose ends for Christmas, finish the band parts, call the harpist to deliver her part (it's Karen Lindquist, BK), perhaps attempt the post office, and maybe watch a dvd.  I found an OP (used?) Criterion disc of Pasolini's SALO yesterday and I need to watch it before I give it as a gift since it's nonreturnable.

Hello, DR Tomovoz!  I've missed you the past couple of mornings.

TOD:
  DVD:  Salo, King Kong, The Ref
  CD:  Holiday compilations, Bing Crosby
  VHS:  el cheapo del grosso
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Kerry

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2005, 05:09:28 AM »

Another day gone by.  Even the most joyous of holidays has to come to an end.

Happy Friday, everybody!
I like boat races.

FJL

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2005, 05:13:33 AM »

DR Jose - Actually, Sag Harbor (which I really had liked) changed its name to Red, and now I believe Red is gone as well.  I think the restaurant that is in that spot on 44th St. is no longer part of the Pietrasanta-Rachel's "family."

I'm pretty sure the Coffee Pot left the Pietrasanta-Rachel's family quite a while ago as well.

Ginny

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2005, 06:24:39 AM »

Friday greetings!  After my horrendous trip home last night, imagine my delight at having to do the drive all over again this morning.  It wasn't too bad and I actually got to work early - as opposed to coworkers who live right here in Dayton.

Media check:

CD(car) - audiobook, Memoirs of a Geisha; CD(home) Christmas, a compilation by DR elmore, bk's Broadway Christmas and Hollywood Christmas, Barbara Cook's Count Your Blessings, New Christy Minstrels' Merry Christmas

DVD - Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, Disney's Snow White, because I just read in the Gower Champion book about Marge being the model for the title character.

VCR - nothing
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2005, 06:43:34 AM »

Back from the Post Office.  The walk was slippery and the drifts are piled up, but the City is beautiful.  Walking down Amsterdam to Broadway, Holy Trinity Church, which faces my apartment, and all the trees and buildings were decked out in sparkling white and a few little sparrows hopped about looking for food.  I fell in love all over again with Manhattan.

Of course, by tonight, the snow will be black and gray, I'll be slushing through puddles and hating the who megillah.  But right now, I'm quite content.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

FJL

« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2005, 06:44:30 AM »

Vixmom - Did the little package ever get to you?

MBarnum

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2005, 06:58:17 AM »

Elmore3003, can you post a photo of the snowy scene! Remembering the view of the church from your window, I can imagine it is beautiful!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2005, 07:01:44 AM »

Elmore3003, can you post a photo of the snowy scene! Remembering the view of the church from your window, I can imagine it is beautiful!

Well, you had to have someone looking out for you on that fire escape and  I suppose Jesus looked out for you.  I have no means of posting a photo, but the view is lovely, even if the church hasn't gone wild with the Christmas decorations yet which are very tasteful:  lots of green and red banners and evergreen.

BTW, I mailed your birthday gift today.  Do not open in public.

MBarnum

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2005, 07:05:20 AM »

Well, no HHW birthdays today!??

In that case let us all wish a happy birthday to Mr. William Reynolds star of CULT OF THE COBRA and ALL THAT HEAVEN ALLOWS!

MBarnum

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2005, 07:06:13 AM »

BTW, I mailed your birthday gift today.  Do not open in public.

Just like many of your e-mails!  8)

Jason

« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2005, 07:07:40 AM »

I agree - the City is beautiful in the snow right now. I took a few pictures from my apartment this morning - nothing glamourous, but a nice documentation of how much snow we had on our balcony. Unfortunately, it wasn't enough to close the office. :-\

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2005, 07:07:51 AM »

Good Morning all.  I am sorry to have been E & T but it was unavoidable.  (closings outside of the office... seminars outside of the office and two nights of school concerts)

DR FJL there was a lovely suprise in our mailbox when we got home last night!! Thank you so much! :-* :-*

Please also pass along our thanks to Skip and to your talented pooches (who knew they could write?!)

« Last Edit: December 09, 2005, 07:09:07 AM by vixmom »
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2005, 07:12:14 AM »

On Long Island the snow turned to rain straight away... some of the school districts closed but not mine, much to the Vixter's disgust.  I told her it was just as well as too many snow days would make the school district shorten  the Christmas vacation (ok I lied, they'll REALLY take away from the Spring break).  She immediately cheered up and decided that it was better to go to school now then during the week after Christmas

« Last Edit: December 09, 2005, 07:39:30 AM by vixmom »

Ginny

« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2005, 07:21:37 AM »

DR vixmom - tell The Vixter that I was disappointed not to have a snow day today, too!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

vixmom

« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2005, 07:37:48 AM »

I just started cartching up and just finished the rest of the posts on Jane's birthday... Jason I am so sorry for your Mom's ebay issues I wish I had words of wisdom to fix it but I am neither ebay nor Western Union  saavy enough so I will send

~~~~VIBES~~~~~~

that it will be resolved and your Mom will get her money back

As far as your Mom unloadingon you... although it's hard to be a sounding board for your Mom ( I know... I am my mother's sounding board and have been for years) try to accept it it as your mom's acknowledgenment of you as an adult and a friend, as well as her child.

The fact that she thinks of you as a safe person to discuss her feelings and issues shows that you are not just loved but very much trusted.

Also you should know that the fact that  she tells you her problems doesn't  necessarily mean she wants you to SOLVE them....sometimes a woman just wants someone to listen to her, acknowledge that , yes she is indeed going through a tough period whether it be her own fault or not, that she is entitled to fee crappy about what's going on in her life and that she has your sympathy and understanding.

I repeat, You don't have to FIX her problems just acknowledge them!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2005, 08:10:44 AM »

Friday!  The snow finally stopped and I shall get a picture of the FINAL result in a bit.  

My nephew is coming to shovel our walk and driveway in a little while which is the good news.  I am glad I don't have to SHOVEL all that snow.

Some delays today, but no closings.

DR GINNY if you and DH RICHARD make it to Indy this weekend, I am working 3 pm to 8 pm on Saturday and Noon to 6 pm on Sunday.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2005, 08:13:27 AM »

TOD:

CD: DREAMGIRLS Original Broadway Cast

DR TOMovOZ - it is strange that A SUMMER PLACE is not on that Faith Cd...hmmm....wasn't his the Number One single version?  I have Billy Vaughn's album....hmmmm

DVD: KING KONG

VCR:  CIRCUS WORLD with John Wayne, John Smith, Claudia Cardinale, Rita Hayworth, Lloyd Nolan
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ginny

« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2005, 08:18:16 AM »

DR GINNY if you and DH RICHARD make it to Indy this weekend, I am working 3 pm to 8 pm on Saturday and Noon to 6 pm on Sunday.

DR JRand - our timetable is uncertain for tomorrow, but I'm thinking we might try to stop at your store on our way into town.  Sunday we'll be at the Indiana State Museum for the Lord of the Rings exhibit.

vixmom

« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2005, 08:28:34 AM »

Yesterday Ann said
Was it vixmom who was talking about Walking In The Air a few weeks ago?  I'm singing it in a concert this weekend, and I can tell her how to get the music if she wants.  That is, if it's the same song...

YES!  Yes please!! If it's this song....

We're walking in the air
We're floating in the moonlit sky
The people far below are sleeping as we fly

I'm holding very tight
I'm riding in the midnight blue
I'm finding I can fly so high above with you

Far across the world
The villages go by like trees
The rivers and the hills
The forest and the streams

Children gaze open mouthed
Taken by surprise
Nobody down below believes their eyes

We're surfing in the air
We're swimming in the frozen sky
We're drifting over icy mountains floating by

Suddenly swooping low on an ocean deep
Arousing of a mighty monster from its sleep

We're walking in the air
We're floating in the midnight sky
And everyone who sees us greets us as we fly

Thank you!!

« Last Edit: December 09, 2005, 08:29:22 AM by vixmom »

Elan

• Smiling from heir to heir...
    • efrex: confessions of an orthodox jewish straight theatre queen
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2005, 08:41:12 AM »

Didn't Fabrizio sing something in "Piazza" about "It's like a malady/like there you go"?

recent DVDs: Blue Collar Comedy Tour, Blue Collar Comedy Tour Rides Again, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (can't remember which is currently in there)

CD: Luke Sandford's "Shimmer"

Oh, and in the better-late-than-never dept... The Lovely Wife(tm) was shocked to walk into our living room to find me sleeping with a younger man (Meishar Shimon made his debut October 6th):
« Last Edit: December 09, 2005, 08:44:03 AM by Elan »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12   Go Up