Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: LONG NIGHT'S JOURNEY INTO DAY  (Read 54447 times)

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
Re:LONG NIGHT'S JOURNEY INTO DAY
« Reply #150 on: December 15, 2005, 05:31:27 PM »

I've never had food poisoning. I have a cast-iron gut.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #151 on: December 15, 2005, 05:32:36 PM »

Didn't there used to be a toy bloodhound named Digger? You pulled him along on wheels and he had a hat like Sherlock Holmes.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #152 on: December 15, 2005, 05:34:42 PM »

Like this...

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #153 on: December 15, 2005, 05:35:20 PM »

One hour new episode of MXC on SPIKE network at 9 EST....if you've never seen it....funny stuff.

Distressing to read that we lost DR CP's post.....we anxiously await the news he promised....

I heard about the transit strike threat on the ABC news tonight and thought of all the NYC HHW'ers.....hope it doesn't put too much of a crimp in Friday for you all.

IF I win the POWERBALL this month, I will be at DECEIT for sure....with bells on!  Big Bells!!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Cillaliz

« Reply #154 on: December 15, 2005, 05:37:47 PM »

I remember Digger!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #155 on: December 15, 2005, 05:37:59 PM »

Yes, my brother Kent had a Digger!

DRMBARNUM have you heard how Hildy is enjoying her new digs?

I just heard thunder!!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #156 on: December 15, 2005, 05:38:51 PM »

Anyone seeing GNIK GNOK this weekend?   ;D
« Last Edit: December 15, 2005, 05:39:37 PM by JRand55 »

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #157 on: December 15, 2005, 05:42:27 PM »

Hi Rodzinski, there'd better be cake when I get home!

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #158 on: December 15, 2005, 05:54:08 PM »

You were supposed to bring the cake.

And the Digger.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #159 on: December 15, 2005, 05:55:36 PM »

Well, if the train's ain't running, I really can't get to work in any reasonable way. Which is fine with me for tomorrow.

But if it stretches into next week, then I got problems.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #160 on: December 15, 2005, 05:56:48 PM »

I guess I will brave tonight's rehearsal.  Afterwards, I probably should have something to nibble on - or would it be okay to not eat until tomorrow - a day and a half without food?  I might end the rehearsal at nine-thirty if I'm queasy.  Is soup good?

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #161 on: December 15, 2005, 05:59:06 PM »

Chicken broth. Calming and good.

MBarnum

« Reply #162 on: December 15, 2005, 06:04:04 PM »

Yes, my brother Kent had a Digger!

DRMBARNUM have you heard how Hildy is enjoying her new digs?

Yes, the new owners e-mailed me pictures yesterday of Hildy and Brent! They said that they take Hildy in the car whenever they run errands because she loves to ride along and behaves so well.

MBarnum

« Reply #163 on: December 15, 2005, 06:08:22 PM »

Digger is a nice dog...not quite as smart as Hildy...not as well behaved as Hildy...but he doesn't shed as bad as Hildy, either!

I put him in the garage while I was at work. Mark and James brought his kennel/cage but I couldn't put him in that thing all day, which is what they do...well, I will have to next time as Digger lived up to his name and kindly dug the dirt out of every planter that I had put in the garage for the winter! OH, my but it is a mess in there! Dirt, mud, and ceramic planters flung ALL over the place. LOL!

MBarnum

« Reply #164 on: December 15, 2005, 06:09:21 PM »

I don't know if I will see KING KONG this weekend or not. I am taking tomorrow off so that I have a 3 day weekend and I hope to get some DVD watching done!!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #165 on: December 15, 2005, 06:21:09 PM »

Maybe I can get all dressed up and get to my guests' house about an hour before they are due to arrive at mine and pretend they invited ME over!!

Think it would work?

No but I would love to see their expressions!  ;D

Jane

« Reply #166 on: December 15, 2005, 06:34:31 PM »

Even though I grew up in Detroit, where Vernor's is/was (?) made:

:P

When we lived in the “Greater Detroit Area” we lived across the street from a home build by a Varner family member which was then owned by the designer of the Saturn.  The home was beautiful.

Jane

« Reply #167 on: December 15, 2005, 06:49:36 PM »

Bruce I’m glad you are somewhat feeling better.  My father always had me wait 10 to 15 minutes between sips on my 7-Up, too soon and it would make me worse, not better.  When I can eat I begin with plain white or egg bread toasted, and if I think I can handle more food I include scrambled eggs.  I cook the eggs plain, without any butter or oil.

Matt H I know people who swear a flat coke settles the stomach but I’m not one of them.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2005, 06:50:20 PM by Jane »

Jane

« Reply #168 on: December 15, 2005, 06:54:26 PM »

Ben and Anthony, good travel vibes.

Jose, I hope the evening went well.

MBarnum I’m glad Hildy is in a great home.  

Doggie Day Care programs are becoming popular.  Maybe Mark and James can find one of those, or someone to let Digger out during the day.

Cillaliz

« Reply #169 on: December 15, 2005, 07:03:09 PM »

Doggie Day Care programs are becoming popular.  Maybe Mark and James can find one of those, or someone to let Digger out during the day.

I have Critter Sitters take care of my cats when I'm gone.  It's actually one person, but she is great. I couldn't ask for better and she's really inexpensive

Jane

« Reply #170 on: December 15, 2005, 07:06:54 PM »

Cillaliz I mean on a daily basis instead of leaving him in a crate all day long.

Cillaliz

« Reply #171 on: December 15, 2005, 07:12:45 PM »

Cillaliz I mean on a daily basis instead of leaving him in a crate all day long.

She does that too.  She takes care of your pets in your homes. She has a number of clients who live and work here and she goes to their homes every day and lets the dogs out. I'm just saying there are probably services like that in other places too

Jane

« Reply #172 on: December 15, 2005, 07:23:20 PM »

Right Cillaliz.  

Often I have gone to friend's houses during the day to take their dogs out to play.

Jane

« Reply #173 on: December 15, 2005, 07:23:58 PM »

I'm tired-'night.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #174 on: December 15, 2005, 08:39:31 PM »

Oy!  I just read today's notes (though I have yet to catch up with today's posts) about BK's bout with food poisoning.  Something similar  hit me last night.  I attended an office Christmas party and though I didn't eat or imbibe overly much, I began to feel queasy as I was driving home.  And then I felt worse and worse.  Vomiting and vomiting and vomiting--ugh!  Eventually it stopped and I was able to get a decent night's sleep, but I still felt nauseous enough this morning to not go into the office and work at home.  I've been eating light all day and drinking Gatorade and I felt better this evening.  I doubt if it was food poisoning--probably a stomach virus though there was no diarrhea involved.

But as bad as I felt last night, it was no where near as bad as what I believe was a true case of food poisoning this past spring.  I began to feel sick in my stomach in work and I began to worry if it was a kidney stone attack coming on.  I left the office early and took a cab home instead of walking.  I began having the absolutely worst stomach cramps I ever experienced, along with bouts of violent vomiting.  This went on for about three excruciating hours.  Finally, after a particularly intense episode of puking, the stomach cramps subsided and I felt somewhat better though it left me feeling incredibly weak for a day or two afterwards.  

I'm pretty sure that that was food poisoning.  The previous night, I had gulped down over half a can of salted peanuts, which had been sitting in my pantry for close to a year.  I don't normally eat that many peanuts at a sitting, let alone year old peanuts.  It's now only occurring to me how closely that event paralleled that old classic song, "Found A Peanut".  Life imitates art.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Tomovoz

« Reply #175 on: December 15, 2005, 08:47:45 PM »

I wonder if any DRs are old enough to know the Guy Mitchell song  "The Lord Made A Peanut.."
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #176 on: December 15, 2005, 08:48:34 PM »

Just to let you know I read your posts DtM.  LOL.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #177 on: December 15, 2005, 09:30:17 PM »

Back from rehearsal, which went very well - we ran all of act one, did some detail work, I reblocked a couple of moments (something I'll do until the night we open, probably), and then we finished about ten after nine, so I just ended the rehearsal, as I'm still feeling very queasy.  I still haven't eaten anything since one in the afternoon yesterday, and frankly I'm afraid to have anything.  Maybe I'll go out later and buy some broth of some sort, but even that sounds yuckilicious.  I might try a Saltine or two.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #178 on: December 15, 2005, 09:36:56 PM »

Since I was a very little boy, I've had Coke to settle my stomach. 7-Up didn't do it for me; Coke did.

I can remember as a youngen that for years we had the same prescription medicine bottle in our medicine chest that was cola syrup.  My mom told me that it was for upset stomachs, but she never gave any to me when I had a tummy ache.

Knowing my mom and her inability to ever throw out any unused medicine, it was probably some kind of cocaine derivative that was prescribed a doctor in the early 50s when that stuff was still legal.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #179 on: December 15, 2005, 09:38:43 PM »

BK, try a bowl of oatmeal, too.  And some Gatorade (or Propel, if you don't like the sweetness of Gatorade.)
-- Anaïs Nin
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up