Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SHOOP SHOOP SONG  (Read 48004 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:THE SHOOP SHOOP SONG
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2005, 07:33:21 AM »

Good morning!

A beautiful day here and temps slated to get to near 60 today! I'm going to be out with best friend John and his kids today and we're lunching at a pizza buffet that's the kids' favorite. That will be pretty much the only food I'll have tonight, unless I have a salad tonight.

Have no idea how long we'll be out this afternoon or when I'll get back.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2005, 07:34:17 AM »

[move=down,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Page 2 Dance!!![/move]

Matt H.

« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2005, 07:35:04 AM »

Happiest of birthdays to DR William Orr.

Matt H.

« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2005, 07:37:40 AM »

Friday Media Check:

CD - DORIS DAY CHRISTMAS ALBUM
        KENNY G - MIRACLES
        CLAY AIKEN - MERRY CHRISTMAS WITH LOVE

DVD - CHRISTMAS IN CONNECTICUT
          THE PALM BEACH STORY
          DR. ZHIVAGO

DVR - last night's CSI (a rerun but I couldn't remember it)

Matt H.

« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2005, 07:39:48 AM »

I read in USATODAY this morning that the Fox Movie Channel is doing a Shirley Temple marathon on Sunday, and I shall finally be able to get POOR LITTLE RICH GIRL and (hopefully) THE BLUE BIRD and STOWAWAY. The article said 20 films in the marathon, but didn't give all their titles, so I'm assuming all of those will be included. I won't burn DVDs of the ones to be released next month, but rather will make DVDs of the ones I'm not sure will ever be released (like THE BLUE BIRD).

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2005, 08:03:46 AM »

Happy Birthday DR William F Orr

Matt H.

« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2005, 08:04:35 AM »

ALl right, I'm heading out now to get ready to have lunch with the aforementioned friends.

WBBL (but I don't know when; looks like it'll be the regular time. I don't think we're going to stay out too long this afternoon which suits me.)

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2005, 08:04:50 AM »

Happily, I am at GMHC right now.  I wasn't scheduled to work today, I was going to spend the day preparing for our trip this evening.  But since the subways are now running and I haven't worked all week, I thought I would squeeze in a few hours before we go.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2005, 08:22:15 AM »

Happy B'day William F. Orr!

Chocolate Donuts?!!  I don't remember Chocolate Donuts at any previous Xmas Eve partay!  You're just doing this to punish me, aren't you, BK?  

And yes, I deliberately wrote Xmas!  And left "Christ" out of Christmas! Oh, horrors!  I'm so tired of this furor about what stores or anyone else says or does not say over the Christmas season.  Who the Hell cares?  Happy Holidays; Merry Christmas; Season's Greetings; Happy Chanuka; Lovely Kwanzaa; Terrific Winter Solistice!  I mean any of them are people wishing other people well over this festive time of the year. There isn't any malice in any of those greetings.  Get over it, people!  I think the people who feel threatened or angered by this sort of thing have a serious crisis of faith.  Those who are secure in their spiritual faith and religious beliefs cannot have them undermined by the mere words well-wishers use.  It's so ridiculous.

And by the by, Xmas does not leave Christ out of Christmas.  X is "chi" in Greek which is the first part of Christ...it was used, I believe, by early Christians as a code for Him.

The unpacking continues.  The more boxes we remove from our new hardwood floors the more scuffs and scratches we find left by the movers.  Someone is going to pay.  These people really screwed up.  

I've spent the last few days working on my media closet, which is right off the media room and will hold all my tapes,DVDs, film reference books, CDs, and records.  It's already getting tight. I don't think all the books will fit.  I am currently boxing records for which I have CDs or those I haven't listened to in forty years and know I'm not going to...many are curiosities but I'm just not going to be listening to records with clips from W.C. Fields movies or The Marx Bros. movies.  Dvds have made that sort of thing a tad obsolete.  (These records are narrated by BK buddy, Gary Owens.)

Well, after two trips to the Wal-mart...mostly out of curiosity...The Lovely Wife and I are done.  We're not that impressed and we just feel sleazy shopping there.  Regards their workers...most of whom I've found rather slow and often a bit dim (I especially like ancient "greeter" who never greets...right after the clerks who can't identify fruit and are utterly baffled when they can't find it on their chart)...you get the kind of help you pay for.  
« Last Edit: December 23, 2005, 08:24:40 AM by Charles Pogue »

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2005, 08:25:36 AM »

Just catching up on the last few days of posts...

DR Cillaliz, the house is beautiful, I bet living there you will feel like a fairy princess!

DR Laura, congrats on your new status as an award winning actress!

MBarnum

« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2005, 08:35:19 AM »

Good morning all....a Friday off! Huzzah! I shall watch movies and do a small amount of shopping (early on) and sit on the couch watching movies...!

MBarnum

« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2005, 08:38:29 AM »

Media Check:

VCR: The 1960s version of STAGECOACH and a 1950 movie starring Evelyn Ankers as Calamity Jane.

CD: Some Pakistani pop music

DVD: HARD GUY starring Kane Richmond.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2005, 08:48:28 AM »

DRMBARNUM I am sure you know that Miss Frances Farmer played Calamity Jane in the movie BADLANDS OF DAKOTA....and she was a firecracker for sure!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2005, 08:52:28 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.

Ginny: I'm almost finished with the Gower Champion book.  While it's fun to read these sorts of books, this one is riddled with so many silly errors that it just becomes an annoyance after a while.  And the errors are SO silly that even a perfunctory check of facts would fix most of them.  But, people are so lazy now.  Plus, each chapter reads exactly the same - there's no drama, no pace, and that's why it's taken eight weeks to get through it.

Pogue: I've never been to a WalMart - is it like K-Mart?  The only thing I would say is that according to various DVD chat boards, Walmart occasionally puts DVDs out before street date.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2005, 09:00:39 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.

Ginny: I'm almost finished with the Gower Champion book.  While it's fun to read these sorts of books, this one is riddled with so many silly errors that it just becomes an annoyance after a while.  And the errors are SO silly that even a perfunctory check of facts would fix most of them.  But, people are so lazy now.  Plus, each chapter reads exactly the same - there's no drama, no pace, and that's why it's taken eight weeks to get through it.

Well, it sounds just like an Ethan Mordden book with no fact check.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2005, 09:23:17 AM »

Sorry about the floors DRCP....movers can be careless!

As for WalMart - I liked the regular ones better than the SUPER WALMART that we have now.  It's so much like a warehouse....and it has everything.  The shoppers are inconsiderate, and I don't expect too much from the employees.  They've always been helpful for me.  But I always go at about 5 am!

And I always say hello to the Greeter first!  

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2005, 09:24:06 AM »

MR BK - in Indiana at least, WALMART has it all over KMART in stock and in cleanliness.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2005, 09:24:21 AM »

My favorite store is Target.

Jennifer

« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2005, 09:28:30 AM »

Happy Birthday to DR William F Orr!

And congrats to DR Cillaliz on your new house!

Jennifer

« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2005, 09:38:45 AM »

I just realized i am starving!

Jennifer

« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2005, 09:41:13 AM »

Does anyone want to know how completely dumb I am?  I was trying to turn the sound down on my computer and instead I turned my computer on standby and lost my internet connection. :)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2005, 09:54:53 AM »

Does anyone want to know how completely dumb I am?  I was trying to turn the sound down on my computer and instead I turned my computer on standby and lost my internet connection. :)

Sometimes all the buttons look the same!  :)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #52 on: December 23, 2005, 09:57:07 AM »

Good Morning!

Well, it's Good Afternoon by now for me...  In any case...

I got out of bed at 12:01PM EST.  :)  I believe I actually got a full eight hours of sleep.  Very nice.  And now... Hmmm...

I just finished wrapping my final Secret Santa present - a glitter-lava-lamp style Angel nightlight.  I've had a blast with this year's round of Secret Santa.  I think there's a possibility that my giftee may know my identity already, but, still, it's been fun, and I found some fun and interesting and practical(!) gifts over the past two weeks.  My two favorites were an individual chocolate cake kit that you make in the microwave - and it came complete with frosting, sprinkles and party favors(!) - and I also put together a "day off kit for my special person consisting of two 24 oz. Miller Lites, a container of snack mix, and two Christmas music mix CDs (I used a lot of from the various BK-produced albums).  We're having the big "revelation party" after tonight's show.  Should be fun!

*And I'm also hoping there's not too much "temptation" on the food tables tonight.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2005, 09:59:31 AM »

OH!

And in the three days that we've been doing our post-show collection drive for BC/EFA and Food & Friends, we've collected just under $6,000!  $1,950 just last night!

Thank You, Arena Stage Audiences!  Your generosity will help others around the DC area and the country have a bit of a merrier and happier holiday season... and beyond.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2005, 10:00:11 AM »

OH!  (again)

We also got a very nice review in "Variety" too!

:)

Variety
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #55 on: December 23, 2005, 10:04:02 AM »

Well, time for me to get my day in gear.  I'll be sweating (and most likely cursing at the TV again) in a few minutes, "What do you mean I have one more set of crunches?!?!?!?!" ;), and then I think I shall head out for a bit and experience some of the holiday shopping mayhem before heading into the theatre for tonight's show - which is our last show for the week.

Until then...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #56 on: December 23, 2005, 10:04:51 AM »

OH!  (I seem to be saying that a lot this morning.)

DR Cillaliz - Congrats on the house!  It look bee-you-tee-full!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #57 on: December 23, 2005, 10:10:14 AM »

OH!!!  -And this is a BIG OH!!!!!

In other Lestat news...

I received my official rehearsal schedule this morning for the New York/Broadway production from the concertmaster/contractor.

The orchestra won't be joining the process until March 1 - we start previews March 11 - which means I'll have a good three weeks after Damn Yankees closes to get re-settled back in NYC, and possibly take a small vacation.  Hmm... L.A... Sydney... Melbourne... :)  In any case...

I'll probably end up sitting in some of the New York rehearsals as it is, just because I want to, but a little down time after the run here in DC is actually looking a very good thing right now.  It would be nice to be back in the city and be able to enjoy the city again for a few before the whole Lestat machine gets going.  But, still...

It's Official!

:D

*With or without Jack Noseworthy in the cast.  ;)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2005, 10:10:53 AM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #58 on: December 23, 2005, 10:17:21 AM »

Congratulations, Jose!!! Didn't take you long, did it!

Happy Birthday to WFOrr!! Have a good one, bucko!

And Cillaliz, yer noo howce looks jes beeyooteefull!!!
PennyO

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #59 on: December 23, 2005, 10:20:57 AM »

Thanks, y'all, for including my show in your lists yesterday. Seems like a hundred years ago, and the day before yesterday. How does that happen?

AND... my audition in Seattle went so well! I was able to do everything i set out to do with it. Jeez, I love speaking the Bard's lilting poetry. I had forgotten what a joy it is, how musical, how delicious on the tongue. Oh, my. Anyhow, i do think I'll get a call back to recite for Mr. Sher, when they're ready to cast... Hold me in your thoughts, Dear Friends.
PennyO
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up