Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: A BEAN BURRITO GONE AWRY  (Read 44621 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
A BEAN BURRITO GONE AWRY
« on: December 26, 2005, 12:06:39 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, you're pondering how a bean burrito goes awry as well as the word awry, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're just having a bean burrito and waiting to see if it goes awry.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2005, 12:07:09 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:A BEAN BURRITO GONE AWRY
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2005, 12:07:02 AM »

And the word of the day is: LOQUACIOUS!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2005, 12:29:35 AM »

Welcome five GUESTS!  What you are seeing is an acute ATTACK OF THE WUSSBURGERS!  It's most unseemly, but what can you do.

Has Ann caught up?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2005, 12:29:47 AM »

And now - Dino at the piano.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2005, 04:04:16 AM »

How did Dino's Carnegie Hall show go?  I haven't heard?  No one is being loquacious about it.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2005, 04:07:58 AM »

I have mixed feelings about THE PRODUCERS.  I did not see the musical onstage.  I have the cast album.

Nathan Lane gets on my last nerve, and Matthew Broderick looks like he's making some very strange faces - at least in the television promos.

I did see the original film, but only on television.  For me, one of the funniest things EVER was the reaction shot of the audience after the opening number of the show....  There is a moment of that shot from the new film in the television promo, and the people in the shot seem to be saying "aren't we funny?"  I can't quite say what I mean, but it seems calculating and NOT funny at all....I guess they just seem smug and pleased with themselves.

ANYWAY....I am reticent....oh yes, I am reticent, although DR ELMORE's point about editing in MOULIN ROUGE is well taken.

Hmmmm.....I must ponder this.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2005, 04:08:34 AM »

No shopping for me today either.

And I guess no picture of Nick Redman's William Holden hat. :(

Michael

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2005, 05:54:30 AM »

Best films

Capote
Good Night and Good Luck
Harry Potter and the Temple of Doom
Chicken Little

Ok I didn't go to that many movies. The above four I saw when I was in NYC last month and one before that was Bewitched and that was awful. It had one good joke in it and that was only because I live Boca Raton. Like so many of his fellow SNLers They just don't work when they have to sustain one character throughtout a film. They are good sketch comedians when they play a characher for five minutes or so.
Never stop dreaming.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2005, 05:59:32 AM »

Good morning, all!  Isn't today Boxing Day, whatever that means?  I will put on my glovesd, runs some fast errands, and then settle down for a long winter's work.

TOD:
TRANSAMERICA
JUNE BUG
BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN
PRIDE & PREJUDICE
THE WEDDING CRASHERS
THE BEAT THAT MY HEART SKIPPED
IN GOOD COMPANY
HARRY POTTER AND THE GOBLET OF FDIRE
THE PRODUCERS

Well, I've got nine here.  I know I saw more than that in the theatre, but all I can think of are Debra Messing's THE WEDDING DATE and THE DUKES OF HAZZARD, both with Charlotte, and neither deserves a 10 best list.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

FJL

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2005, 06:05:56 AM »

Today is also Saint Stephen's Day, according to my calendar.  In honor of that, I will begin perusing the lovely book on Sondheim that elmore brought us (among other lovely, thoughtful gifts).

FJL

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2005, 06:11:33 AM »

I realize that I haven't been in a movie theater all year, although I've gone to much theater.  I guess I have a preference for the cramped overcrowded live theaters over the roomy comfort of the movie theater multiplex.  

Skip's seen a lot of movies this year, both in the theaters and on DVD, so maybe I'll purloin his ten-best list and make it my own.  :)

Jennifer

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2005, 06:14:46 AM »

Hey Happy Boxing Day all!  Boxing Day is huge here.  In fact I believe it is still the biggest shopping day of the year (which always cracks me up).  They have the best sales, and the malls open at 1pm (in montreal at least).  But if you get there at noon, the parking lot will already be packed.

The biggest deals are for electronics (computers, tvs ...).  And those stores will be mobbed.

I of course will venture out.  It is tradition. :)

Jennifer

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2005, 06:17:15 AM »

Also my sis called this morning and cracked me up.  Unfortunately little Megan has a cough and has been crying.  When she told me about the crying last night I told her to sing to her.  I mentioned that when I did this she stopped crying right away.

So apparently last night my sis and her hubby had to sing my song to her (i made up a song she loves). Only they did not know the words.  So they were making them up (to the tune i used).  Well everytime they stopped, she would cry again. And when they would sing she would smile.  That made me laugh (even though i'm sure it was not funny to them).

Danise

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2005, 07:17:31 AM »

Morning all!  Well, we survived another Christmas.  

I have no plans on going out either.  I guess I should take the FireFly Phone back but I think I’ll wait until next weekend.  

As for the TOD, if  Star Wars III   was this year ( I can't even remember) then I think it was the only movie I went to see.  I much prefer to be home and watch the DVD so I can stop it if I need/want to.  Not to mention, I like making my own popcorn and I can have fruit juice or hot tea if I want.  

AND the BEST is that I don’t have to listen other people hacking, coughing, sneezing, using the cell phone, the kids crying, etc, etc.  To be very honest, I might have to listen to Bear snoring on the couch but I’m used to that.   :D
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ginny

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2005, 07:18:07 AM »

Morning-after-Christmas greetings!  I crashed last night and am very tired today.  We've discovered that we have some furnace problems - too much heat or none at all - so we have a call in to the HVAC guy who's married to our niece.

Found the comments on The Producers all very interesting.  It's going to be our New Year's Eve movie - my mom and my aunt are looking forward to going with us.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2005, 07:19:56 AM »

If a bean burrito goes awry, does it say "So long, toots?"
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2005, 07:26:23 AM »

Happy Boxing Day, Everyone!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2005, 07:28:15 AM »

I'm not entirely sure I've seen ten films this year.  Usually, when we've gone to see films, we've had the grandlads in tow.  This has led to our seeing a couple of films twice: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (because the first time we took William alone, and Alex insisted that he get to see it as well, so that made two times) and Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (because der B thought it best we check first to see if it really was too dark, but it wasn't).

Personally, I liked King Kong.  Anyone who is worried about having to sit in a theater for three hours should take one of those inflatable donuts, if comfort is the problem.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2005, 07:31:37 AM »

I am officially "over" the holidays.

The past three days have been filled with various/sundry assortments of family "personalities" and I, for one, have been sated of such frivolity for a minimum of one more year.

I've heard the same stories, the same jokes, and the same bitches over and over and over for three days.

Tired of it/them all, I am.

But wait...there is one more night.  Yes, fried chicken, green beans and potato salad are being served up at my mom's house for us and six others.  It will be a subdued group, as all of us have been together at the past three days worth of doings and all the other relatives who popped in, performed, ate, exchanged/received presents, and dashed out again.

We motley few shall congratulate ourselves on another holiday season of get-togethers and jobs well done with each of the meals we've all participated in as cooks and sideshow attractions.

Seeing "Lestat" on Saturday will be nothing compared to the performances I've witnessed the past few days...all the high drama and playing nice while daggers flew silently across rooms.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2005, 07:34:46 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2005, 07:32:13 AM »

Oh, yes, daggers flew silently.

Others were rather noisily thrown, but at folks not present.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2005, 07:33:01 AM »

No episode of any soap ever shown on TV has one thing on our family...expect possibly the sci-fi phase "General Hospital" went through.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2005, 07:35:29 AM »

But they are MY family, and I love them all.

Danise

« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2005, 07:47:11 AM »

But they are MY family, and I love them all.

I envy you.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2005, 08:02:03 AM »

Good morning!

A gorgeous day-after Christmas morning here with beautiful blue skies with a few cumulus clouds. Temps to be in the mid-50s today.

But I have absolutely no plans to be out among the shoppers today. I'll talk a walk, but that will be the extent of my outside time. I have plenty to do around here, and some DVDs to watch.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2005, 08:05:19 AM »

I am looking forward to seeing THE PRODUCERS so I can enter into the discussion, but I have to say that the TV-spots look very flat. Perhaps it's because I did see the entire original cast in the show in NYC some years ago and am so familiar with it and the original film.

Still, despite reviews that are all over the map (one local critic gave it two stars; the other three stars out of four), I will see the film. You bet I'm starved for movie musicals, and (except for THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA), I will support them with my $$$ when I can.

Matt H.

« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2005, 08:08:35 AM »

The best film I've seen this year was CAPOTE followed by GOOD NIGHT AND GOOD LUCK, SIDEWAYS, HARRY POTTER AND THE GOBLET OF FIRE, and BATMAN BEGINS.

I have yet to see SYRIANA, BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN (which doesn't get here until the 13th of January), CINDERELLA MAN (with the DVD sitting here on loan, but I haven't seen it yet), or the films just now released (MEMOIRS OF A GEISHA, THE PRODUCERS, MUNICH, etc.)

Matt H.

« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2005, 08:10:18 AM »

With everything in reruns tonight on TV, I have THE BLUE BIRD to watch (and burn a DVD of) today, and I will probably watch one of the old roadshow classics today that I got for Christmas: THE AGONY AND THE ECSTACY or DR. ZHIVAGO.

Matt H.

« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2005, 08:13:32 AM »

And I'm sure going to miss getting mail today. I can't STAND these Monday holidays (and I assume another one next week).

Matt H.

« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2005, 08:14:14 AM »

And a Happy Boxing Day to all our friends in Canada! Try not to get hit with a right hook!  ;D

Matt H.

« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2005, 08:21:15 AM »

Off to get some stuff done around the house and then to start prepping lunch.

WBBL.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up