Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE UGLY  (Read 16626 times)

FJL

Re:THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE UGLY
« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2006, 11:26:44 AM »

Ginny - Monday the 16th at Barrymore's will be OK if I don't have to work that day.  I may have to stay a little late at work because tax season hours are threatened to be starting this week.

Do we know yet how many HHW folk are going to the Barbara Cook concert on the 20th?  IF it's a short concert (I hear "rumors" it'll only be about 90 minutes), any plans for a gathering after the concert?

MBarnum

« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2006, 11:35:36 AM »

Vibes of health to DR Elmoore!

Ginny

« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2006, 11:41:48 AM »

Do we know yet how many HHW folk are going to the Barbara Cook concert on the 20th?  IF it's a short concert (I hear "rumors" it'll only be about 90 minutes), any plans for a gathering after the concert?

Oh, that would be fun!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #63 on: January 08, 2006, 12:03:51 PM »

Could one of you wonderful people with high speed internet access do me a quick favor?

Go to my new site at:

http://jeffreykauffman.net/

Click on "CDs and Writings" and then click on each of the MP3 hyperlinks and just let me know if it kicks in pretty fast for y'all.  Also, if it's not asking too much, click on the "Guestbook" link and tell me if the sound file loads.  I am still on dialup and it is just taking too long for me to adequately determine if everything's alright (my one and only ALW reference, hopefully, LOL).

Thank you muchly.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #64 on: January 08, 2006, 12:07:35 PM »

I must say I am finding the tsuris about iMovie very instructive, since Starcrossed uses a somewhat complex projection scheme, including stills and, ultimately, a short film.  Keep your head up, BK--at the end of the storm is a mountain for you to climb, or something like that.  ;)

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #65 on: January 08, 2006, 12:09:38 PM »

In fact, one of the things we have been discussing here for what will hopefully sometime before the apocalypse be a production of the show, is how to handle projecting stuff on different side flats, and then ultimately projecting the film on the up center flat.  My videographer thinks the only convenient way to do it is with three projectors.  Wow the first Cinerama musical!  :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: January 08, 2006, 12:12:16 PM »

All righty, I shall now be on my way to do a couple of errands and then begin rehearsals.  

We're going to try the thing in front of the lens business - to me, it's the easiest way to get this to work.   It would involve building some sort of hinged wood piece that would attach to what's holding the projector, and then it would have to be a pulley system that goes to the booth - that way, the SM can pull it to lift it - tie it - then release it when he's through.  Tricky, but probably our only out, save for some projector thing that some expert can tell us.

Ginny

« Reply #67 on: January 08, 2006, 12:12:46 PM »

Could one of you wonderful people with high speed internet access do me a quick favor?

Go to my new site at:

http://jeffreykauffman.net/

Click on "CDs and Writings" and then click on each of the MP3 hyperlinks and just let me know if it kicks in pretty fast for y'all.  Also, if it's not asking too much, click on the "Guestbook" link and tell me if the sound file loads.  I am still on dialup and it is just taking too long for me to adequately determine if everything's alright (my one and only ALW reference, hopefully, LOL).

Thank you muchly.

DR JMK - All worked perfectly on my eMac, using the Safari browser and a cable modem connection.  On the guestbook, there is a rather obnoxious pop-up ad, but it has a handy-dandy "Close this Window" button that worked, too.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #68 on: January 08, 2006, 12:15:07 PM »

bk, as I always tell the students in the classes I teach,

"Technology is wonderful.....

.....when it works!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2006, 12:15:51 PM by Ginny »

JMK

« Reply #69 on: January 08, 2006, 12:15:25 PM »

Ginny, thanks!  Did the sound file load on the Guestbook?

I know the Bravenet guestbooks and fora (is that plural for forum, LOL?) have those obnoxious popups, and you have to time when you close them or else the "real" site doesn't load.  I'm searching for a new provider, but I want it free.  ;)

Ginny

« Reply #70 on: January 08, 2006, 12:17:13 PM »

Yes, JMK, the sound file loaded on the Guestbook, even providing entertainment while I figured out how to get rid of the pop-up!

JMK

« Reply #71 on: January 08, 2006, 12:18:50 PM »

Yes, JMK, the sound file loaded on the Guestbook, even providing entertainment while I figured out how to get rid of the pop-up!

As Mr. Burns would say, "Egggg-se-lent."  Thanks so much.  Our impending divorce from AOL means an upgrade to either DSL or cable or whatever the heck Qwest is offering with their new bundling packages.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #72 on: January 08, 2006, 12:21:05 PM »

JRand - It's like a bar mitzvah times 1000.  (Come to think of it, there was a lot of big hair like that at MY bar mitzvah.)

And music and laughter!   8)  

I am sure if you mentioned a bar mitzvah to Miss Hayes she would ask to start a tab.  8)
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #73 on: January 08, 2006, 12:28:12 PM »

DR JMK-
High Speed Internet Connection - Compaq Presario - Microsoft Explorer.
All the links worked - but they all started, then after a second or two there was a glitch of a moment or two, and then the music continued.

It MIGHT be my system.

www.ravelly.com has some nice FREE message boards - that is the one I use for the Playhouse site (www.putnamcountyplayhouse.com) - easy to administrate.  And I like a message board more than a guestbook because discussions can happen and it is MORE difficult to add SPAM to a message board.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #74 on: January 08, 2006, 12:55:49 PM »

As for media possibilities for the day, I still have that episode of IN JUSTICE from Friday night to watch. I didn't record anything last night while I was gone, so that may finish off things on the DVR and I can get to DVDs until tonight's network TV kicks in.

Most networks are airing new programming tonight.

I taped five shows on Friday and have only watched one, so far.  I'd better get to watching or I won't ever catch up...or even ketchup. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #75 on: January 08, 2006, 12:58:14 PM »

And it's a beautiful day out, too. I'm wearing a t-shirt and sweater. No need even for a jacket. Very lucky that the weather is cooperating.

Umm...Matt, what about pants?? :o

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #76 on: January 08, 2006, 01:07:59 PM »

DR JMK-
High Speed Internet Connection - Compaq Presario - Microsoft Explorer.
All the links worked - but they all started, then after a second or two there was a glitch of a moment or two, and then the music continued.

I don't know what kind of computer I have, my sister's boyfriend built it, but I have cable Internet and IE and it did the same thing...all started after a moment, then stopped, then continued till the end of the clips.  There was no display...just the blank background.  You can't see how long a clip is or when it will end.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2006, 01:10:25 PM by George »

JMK

« Reply #77 on: January 08, 2006, 01:15:38 PM »

Thanks for the feedback, JR and George.  In my IE, though it's very, very slow to load due to dialup, I get Windows Media Player automatically popping up with the cool visuals (and with the trackname and length), and once it starts, it's good to go.  I'm wondering if part of it has to do with whether your particular computer has MP3 files "associated" with a specific player.  I know on mine I have Windows Media Player pre-set to play MP3s.

George

« Reply #78 on: January 08, 2006, 01:17:41 PM »

Normally, mine also plays MP3s in a pop-up Media Player, but this didn't.  Strange.

George

« Reply #79 on: January 08, 2006, 01:20:45 PM »

Well, I have to go.  My sister and niece have gone for the day and I said that I'd walk their dog.  Be back later!

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #80 on: January 08, 2006, 01:21:24 PM »

Ginny, is there room for me and Rodzinski at the table on the 16th?

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #81 on: January 08, 2006, 01:22:53 PM »

Also, if there are any other NYC folks in the mood for another celebration, I will be celebrating my birthday this friday night at La Cocina on the upper westside.  Home of the famous 2 for 1 margaritas.

MBarnum

« Reply #82 on: January 08, 2006, 01:24:23 PM »

I just watched Rodzinski's new girlfriend (sorry TPunk) in the 1951 film noir TRAPPED. Not a bad film. Lloyd Bridges and John Hoyt, too. And Ms. Payton was lovely.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #83 on: January 08, 2006, 01:24:46 PM »

Margaritas!!!!

Oh, I am in Indy.  Nevermind.

Hope Mr BK's rehearsal goes more to his liking today.  They are DOWN TO THE WIRE as they say.

MBarnum

« Reply #84 on: January 08, 2006, 01:25:35 PM »

Also, if there are any other NYC folks in the mood for another celebration, I will be celebrating my birthday this friday night at La Cocina on the upper westside.  Home of the famous 2 for 1 margaritas.

Is that where we ate when I was there TPunk? Mmm...good food and good drinks!

Tomovoz

« Reply #85 on: January 08, 2006, 01:25:42 PM »

Australianisms: (perhaps).

Chock - block or wedge of wood.
Chock-a-block  -wedge filled or crowded - jammed
Chocker - full, intoxicated (also chockers)
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #86 on: January 08, 2006, 01:26:10 PM »

I just watched Rodzinski's new girlfriend (sorry TPunk) in the 1951 film noir TRAPPED. Not a bad film. Lloyd Bridges and John Hoyt, too. And Ms. Payton was lovely.
New girlfriend!? Excuse me for a moment as I have a brief chat with Rodzinski.  ;)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #87 on: January 08, 2006, 01:26:18 PM »

Don't have a player assigned, the files just opened in a new window for me....

I love technology and I can't help but wonder what Frances would have thought of the internet.  If she could drive an Edsel with push button gears on the steering wheel, she could navigate the WWW, I am sure!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #88 on: January 08, 2006, 01:26:36 PM »

Off to Greencastle for the first time in my NEW car!  

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #89 on: January 08, 2006, 01:28:13 PM »

DR TOMovOZ (and Colin) I am certainly enjoying my view of Squeaky Beach today.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up