Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: PRAY FOR ROSEMARY'S BABY  (Read 18004 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:PRAY FOR ROSEMARY'S BABY
« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2006, 10:12:20 AM »

I really enjoyed "Desperate Housewives" last night.

Even though the show has lagged in its writing this year, it's still a class act.  
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2006, 10:12:48 AM »

DanTheMan, I wanted to also let you know that I watched the DVD this weekened that you kindly sent. I only watched part of THE HARD NUT, and will save the entire viewing for next Christmas season...but it looks like fun! I may watch it with little Taylor since she loves THE NUTCRACKER!

But what I really loved, loved, loved (that is three loveds) are the vintage 1960s puppet versions of NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS and THE BIRTH OF CHRIST. How cool! I can remember when I was a wee tike, specials liek that would show on local stations during various holidays or they would show them in school...and having a fascination with puppetry as a kid, those programs always caught my attention. So thank you for including those on the DVD!!

Oh! I stopped the DVD just befoer the end of the Hard Nut it was getting late and we expected to finish it Saturday and never got back to it.... I wonder iof I have those too?

I must look to see tonight
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2006, 10:15:41 AM »

Does anyone here have any to-die-for recipe for Swiss Chard?

I'm curious about chard, never having had it any other way than steamed.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

vixmom

« Reply #63 on: January 09, 2006, 10:28:30 AM »

I had to search for this as I thought it was some kind of cheese.... (ah what a sheltered life I have led food wise) and couldn't figure out why you would steam it.....

I searched swiss chard recipes and came up with over 42,000 hits....

here's a couple of them

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_29537,00.html

http://www.mariquita.com/recipes/chard.html

http://www.wholefoods.com/recipes/chardsteak.html

http://www.inmamaskitchen.com/RECIPES/RECIPES/Soups/swisschard_potato.html

happy cooking!!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2006, 10:34:37 AM by vixmom »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: January 09, 2006, 10:32:01 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  Had a good night's sleep, and it's quite a lovely day here in the City of Studio.

The producer of the play is very young, and more of a "line" producer.  She tends to say things like "that sucks", so I pay little attention to that sort of comment.  Last night, after the first act, she came up to me and said a general comment about a sequence, and I told her that I disagreed and wasn't changing anything about it because it's dangerous, and I gave her the reasons, including the fact that I'd just spent forty-five minutes making sure it worked.  She walked away in a huff.

Later, Tammy ascertained that she wasn't talking about the entire sequence, but one little part of it - had she mentioned that one little part at any time, I could have told her that that little part of it was indeed screwy last night because the actors had a problem to deal with and weren't even doing it.  Then she tried the old one that she'd BEEN specific about it and that she felt I just didn't take her seriously.   I told her, no, she hadn't, and that had she, I would have told her what was what.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2006, 10:33:52 AM by bk »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #65 on: January 09, 2006, 10:42:14 AM »

I had to search for this as I thought it was some kind of cheese.... (ah what a sheltered life I have led food wise) and couldn't figure out why you would steam it.....

I searched swiss chard recipes and came up with over 42,000 hits....

here's a couple of them

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_29537,00.html

http://www.mariquita.com/recipes/chard.html

http://www.wholefoods.com/recipes/chardsteak.html

http://www.inmamaskitchen.com/RECIPES/RECIPES/Soups/swisschard_potato.html

happy cooking!!

I thank you for your industriousness.  :D

I have hopes that someone will offer a "personal recommendation".  Recipes don't always come with the "yummy factor" that goes with someone's personal recommendation.

Chard is a leafy green veggie, with either red or white stalks, but I can appreciate the confusion with cheese.  I see it in the produce section of my market all the time...but haven't a clue what to do with it if I buy it.  I believe it goes very well with melted gruyere.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2006, 10:45:03 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Ben

« Reply #66 on: January 09, 2006, 10:47:15 AM »

Since it seems to be a slow news day here I will post another picture from Dublin.

We were in Dublin. Ireland. Who would have thought we would see a little slice of Italy just two blocks from our apartment. Note the name of the take away fish and chips shop. It made Anthony (if you don't know his last name you will now) laugh out loud.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #67 on: January 09, 2006, 10:53:57 AM »

Last night was the first "official" opening of "Lestat" at San Francisco' Curran Theater.

Thus far, however, I've seen no review in the Chronicle...nor do I get any hits via Google.

vixmom

« Reply #68 on: January 09, 2006, 10:57:07 AM »

I thank you for your industriousness.  :D

I have hopes that someone will offer a "personal recommendation".  Recipes don't always come with the "yummy factor" that goes with someone's personal recommendation.

Chard is a leafy green veggie, with either red or white stalks, but I can appreciate the confusion with cheese.  I see it in the produce section of my market all the time...but haven't a clue what to do with it if I buy it.  I believe it goes very well with melted gruyere.

SWW should probably have an idea or two.... of course like all his receipes it will start

"First, you put out the dogs..."

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #69 on: January 09, 2006, 10:59:03 AM »

Speaking of "dogs," mine are barking.

Must be my new shoes.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #70 on: January 09, 2006, 11:00:11 AM »

Here's a wonderful moment from "Lestat"...Allison Fischer's "Claudia" rants at Hugh Panaro's "Lestat" because she's tired of dolls and toys...and being treated like a child.  She's been a vampire for more than 30 years.   "I WANT MORE", she sings!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2006, 11:01:15 AM by Ron Pulliam »

vixmom

« Reply #71 on: January 09, 2006, 11:00:25 AM »

Last night was the first "official" opening of "Lestat" at San Francisco' Curran Theater.

Thus far, however, I've seen no review in the Chronicle...nor do I get any hits via Google.

That reminds me, you never answered my question re whether the play is age appropriate for  a 12 going on 13.... I know the books are not,  but then I would never let the Vixter read the book  Wicked either

vixmom

« Reply #72 on: January 09, 2006, 11:01:37 AM »

Speaking of "dogs," mine are barking.

Must be my new shoes.

well if your shoes are too tight, you must ooh oooh let the dogs out

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #73 on: January 09, 2006, 11:04:35 AM »

That reminds me, you never answered my question re whether the play is age appropriate for  a 12 going on 13.... I know the books are not,  but then I would never let the Vixter read the book  Wicked either

There is no nudity or profanity in the play.  It's an adult subject, of course, but if your vixter is used to mature (but not racy/sexual) subject matter, then it should be fine.

vixmom

« Reply #74 on: January 09, 2006, 11:12:55 AM »

There is no nudity or profanity in the play.  It's an adult subject, of course, but if your vixter is used to mature (but not racy/sexual) subject matter, then it should be fine.

Thanks!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #75 on: January 09, 2006, 11:12:57 AM »

And congratulations to "Phantom of the Opera" which, with today's performance, shatters the all-time longest running Broadway play record, passing "Cats."

What has the theatrical world come to????

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: January 09, 2006, 11:16:52 AM »

Favorite album covers:

I loved almost all the 60s Verve jazz covers - all modern art, and/or wonderful photos.  One of my faves, Astrud Gilberto's Windy, is graced with the beautiful wind-blown painting of Miss Gilberto, a painting I happily own.

All the Beatles' covers were interesting.  I loved McGoo in Hi-Fi, too, when I was a wee sprig of a twig of a tad of a lad of a youth.  I love any album cover with rain.  

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #77 on: January 09, 2006, 11:18:20 AM »

I don't know very much about chard.  I've never cooked with it, myself.

I would be interested, however, if it comes in a "dimpled" variety.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: January 09, 2006, 11:42:33 AM »

Soup?  I'll give you soup!

vixmom

« Reply #79 on: January 09, 2006, 12:11:08 PM »

Since it seems to be a slow news day here I will post another picture from Dublin.

We were in Dublin. Ireland. Who would have thought we would see a little slice of Italy just two blocks from our apartment. Note the name of the take away fish and chips shop. It made Anthony (if you don't know his last name you will now) laugh out loud.

An authentic taste of Ireland!   ;D

Keep those pictures coming!  

Have you heard anything more about etting a copy of  the full hour show from Beverly?

Ben

« Reply #80 on: January 09, 2006, 12:16:04 PM »

No, Deb, I haven't heard anything about getting a copy of the whole show. I have been catching up on old posts and I know that question was asked after the initial airing. I've e-mailed twice but I'm reluctant to ask again for fear of being a pest. If I don't hear anything by the next time I record reviews I'll ask Bridget. I hope to hear something by this Wednesday when the show airs again since both Beverley and Bridget (the producer) will be in the studio.

Ben

« Reply #81 on: January 09, 2006, 12:17:22 PM »

As I said, I've been catching up on old posts and I must say DR Penny looks FABULOUS with a mane of silver hair. Wow! I almost didn't recognize her.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #82 on: January 09, 2006, 12:20:38 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Just popping in to say HI right now...  I tried to log in earlier today, but couldn't get connected.

Still down in Richmond, and it's a simply beautiful day here.  Unseasonably warm, but in a very good, welcome way - high of 66!  I've been running errands, and did a nice inventory and semi-purge of some of the stuff in my storage unit...  Ah, progress.

Just checking my e-mail right now before I hit the next couple of things on my To-Do List...

Hope everyone is well, and I shall catch up later tonight.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

vixmom

« Reply #83 on: January 09, 2006, 12:22:58 PM »

As I said, I've been catching up on old posts and I must say DR Penny looks FABULOUS with a mane of silver hair. Wow! I almost didn't recognize her.

Yes she looks very lovely.  

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #84 on: January 09, 2006, 12:35:04 PM »

Bruce,

GOOD VIBES FOR TONIGHT AND EVERY NIGHT OF THE SHOW!![/size]
« Last Edit: January 09, 2006, 12:35:26 PM by Jane »

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #85 on: January 09, 2006, 12:36:16 PM »

Ron, yes!!  DS Betsy makes the most incredible chard dish with some kind of seared almond butter and toasted almonds.  When she gets home, I'll post it.  It's unbelievably tasty.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jane

« Reply #86 on: January 09, 2006, 12:43:52 PM »

JRand, another pair of skinny jeans-good going.  I like the Annette cover. :)

Elmore, I’m glad you are somewhat recovered, continued feel good vibes.

Vixmom thanks for the update on Hisaka.

SWW our friend’s son was always thin, better that than overweight.  Good luck at the dentist.  If Alex has had fluoride treatments and the molars had a protective coating put on, his teeth might be okay.

Ron if you had blood drawn today does that mean all the results will be back to your doctor by tomorrow?  If so that is nice and quick.

JMK

« Reply #87 on: January 09, 2006, 12:49:04 PM »

Actually, Ron, now that I think about the correct terminology and ingredients for the chard dish, I believe it's a seared brown butter (is there such a thing?) and walnuts, not almonds.  But Betsy will know.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #88 on: January 09, 2006, 12:50:14 PM »

I posted earlier about cabbages and kings, but my post disappeared.  Amongst my topics was Joyce (the Brasilian singer, not the one pictured earlier, thank heavens), Sergio Mendes' kind of scary new CD, and my favorite album cover, which has been mentioned here many-a time before.  OK, there's the summary.

Jane

« Reply #89 on: January 09, 2006, 12:51:22 PM »

Ben I love the photos, keep them coming. :)

Poor Anthony only has a little slice of Italy named for him while I have an entire street in NY. ;)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up