Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]   Go Down

Author Topic: DAY OF RECKONING  (Read 35034 times)

MBarnum

Re:DAY OF RECKONING
« Reply #450 on: January 13, 2006, 11:47:06 PM »

BK is back! I hope all went well with tonights show!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #451 on: January 13, 2006, 11:47:09 PM »

Wow TPunk! Congrats on your Goddessness!!!

And congrats on your JR. status Dakotacelt!

Thanks DR MrBarnum!!

Pleasant dreams...

I am a night owl so I will be up for a bit yet...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #452 on: January 13, 2006, 11:48:28 PM »

I'm back from opening night.  It was a fun night - strange audience and strange show, but more about that later.  For now, I must unwind - may I just say that I think this day entered the top five posting days - I have to check, but I'd be surprised if it hadn't.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #453 on: January 13, 2006, 11:49:06 PM »

BK is back! I hope all went well with tonights show!

I have my fingers crossed that it was a smashing success...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #454 on: January 13, 2006, 11:51:55 PM »

I Love Accordions, incidentally, is by the Bell Accordion Symphony, "a popular accordion orchestra which is in great demand for concert and TV appearances. Although this amazing group consists of 21 boys and girls whose average age is 12 years, they perform with a virtuosity equalled by few, if any, other musical groups."

I actually took accordion lessons when I was about seven or eight years old.  I think my parents sold my accordion in a garage sale 15 or so years ago.  Anyway, about eight or ten years ago, I played Jacquot in a local production of Carnival and at the top of the show, played the melody line of "Love Makes the World Go Round" on a borrowed, beautiful mother-of-pearl accordion.

Just had to share. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #455 on: January 13, 2006, 11:53:23 PM »

Wow!  Page 13!  Is it DECEIT's opening?  The full moon?  The weird weather?  Rexella?

New posters help, too! ;D
« Last Edit: January 13, 2006, 11:53:35 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #456 on: January 13, 2006, 11:54:53 PM »

I actually took accordion lessons when I was about seven or eight years old.  I think my parents sold my accordion in a garage sale 15 or so years ago.  Anyway, about eight or ten years ago, I played Jacquot in a local production of Carnival and at the top of the show, played the melody line of "Love Makes the World Go Round" on a borrowed, beautiful mother-of-pearl accordion.

Just had to share. :)

I dont play the accordion. I associate that with Lawrence Welk and Myron Floren...

I do play the tinwhistle and the bodhran.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #457 on: January 13, 2006, 11:56:29 PM »

New posters help, too! ;D

Some of us had quite the chit chat tonight with Jane....

George

« Reply #458 on: January 13, 2006, 11:59:19 PM »

There is also a live chat page, but we haven't done that in quite a while.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #459 on: January 14, 2006, 12:03:15 AM »

that would be cool sometime.... Perhaps BK coudl invite the cast of Deceit to chat also?

George

« Reply #460 on: January 14, 2006, 12:04:25 AM »

Can't wait to hear all about "Deceit" and all the festivities!

George

« Reply #461 on: January 14, 2006, 12:06:45 AM »

I'm back from opening night.  It was a fun night - strange audience and strange show, but more about that later.  For now, I must unwind - may I just say that I think this day entered the top five posting days - I have to check, but I'd be surprised if it hadn't.

488 posts is the fifth highest day...we have to reach 489 to beat it.  

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #462 on: January 14, 2006, 12:07:30 AM »

Can't wait to hear all about "Deceit" and all the festivities!

I am anxiously awaiting also....

I enjoy plays and good dramatic presentations. Always have. I am a diehard Shakespeare fan.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #463 on: January 14, 2006, 12:09:59 AM »

488 posts is the fifth highest day...we have to reach 489 to beat it.  

I am game. I posted 150 in on day on a soap board where we playing games.

George

« Reply #464 on: January 14, 2006, 12:18:13 AM »

Well, we don't want to resort to pages of one-word posts...again. ::)

George

« Reply #465 on: January 14, 2006, 12:18:22 AM »

;)

George

« Reply #466 on: January 14, 2006, 12:19:32 AM »

I enjoy plays and good dramatic presentations. Always have. I am a diehard Shakespeare fan.

I'm not particularly interested in Shakespeare, but I have seen several productions that I've thoroughly enjoyed.  

One of my favorite musical adaptations is one that was written and performed here in Olympia, WA called A Rock 'n' Roll Twelfth Night (with apologies to William Shakespeare).  I highly recommend checking it out.  They have clips from their recording!

« Last Edit: January 14, 2006, 12:20:36 AM by George »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #467 on: January 14, 2006, 12:20:39 AM »

Well, we don't want to resort to pages of one-word posts...again. ::)

I realize... I have gotten into some interesting discussion on the state of very genres on the telly and what is going on in our culture both positive and negative aspects of it. More or less the good, the bad and the ugly.

George

« Reply #468 on: January 14, 2006, 12:24:18 AM »

When I was in college (Western Washington University, Bellingham, class of 1989), they did a very good production of "Macbeth."  The only problem was the guy who playing Macduff sounded and acted exactly like John Wayne!  I can't believe the director let him.  I don't know if the actor sounded and acted like John Wayne in real life (I didn't know him), but it was a total distraction.  

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #469 on: January 14, 2006, 12:25:19 AM »

I'm not particularly interested in Shakespeare, but I have seen several productions that I've thoroughly enjoyed.  

One of my favorite musical adaptations is one that was written and performed here in Olympia, WA called A Rock 'n' Roll Twelfth Night (with apologies to William Shakespeare).  I highly recommend checking it out.  They have clips from their recording!

Interesting site. .... It is a curious interpretation. I have booked for future study.. I did see a production of A Midsummer's Night Dream taht had a very Minnesota touch. It was great what they did with it. As much as Shakespearean drama is steeped in tradition, its message lends to the modernity we live in.

I also enjoy Richard Sheridan Brinsley. Love Oklahoma, Grease, Cole Porter musicals. I also enjoy the Gilbert and Sullivan operattas.

I do have a bone to pick with Bizet and it is Matt Ashford's fault <G>

George

« Reply #470 on: January 14, 2006, 12:26:41 AM »

I realize... I have gotten into some interesting discussion on the state of very genres on the telly and what is going on in our culture both positive and negative aspects of it. More or less the good, the bad and the ugly.

Discussions are fine...and really, pretty much anything goes here, so don't feel you're not "allowed" to post one-word posts. ;)

Just be polite.  No flames.  That's probably the only (unwritten) request.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #471 on: January 14, 2006, 12:28:12 AM »

When I was in college (Western Washington University, Bellingham, class of 1989), they did a very good production of "Macbeth."  The only problem was the guy who playing Macduff sounded and acted exactly like John Wayne!  I can't believe the director let him.  I don't know if the actor sounded and acted like John Wayne in real life (I didn't know him), but it was a total distraction.  

I have seen the McScottish play up in Winnepeg with Keanu Reeves. He was okay as McBeth but he does not commend a really great presence that the role demands.

NDSU just presented A Mid Summers night dream and it went well. They are presenting the penny opera this year.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]   Go Up