Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: OPENING NIGHT 1  (Read 24230 times)

MBarnum

Re:OPENING NIGHT 1
« Reply #60 on: January 14, 2006, 12:12:24 PM »

Jose, thanks for the Old Navy tip! I went this morning and got some nice bargains....75% off! What a deal!

And like you, I am glad that I tried stuff on...some things I thought would look perfect on my didn't! LOL!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: January 14, 2006, 12:18:30 PM »

I see that Shelley Winters passed away this morning at age 85 in Beverly Hills.

Oh no!  I loved her.  She used to call the Drama Book Shop and talk.  I was quite fond of her.  She'd ask what new book were out, and everytime I mentioned a bio, she'd say, "No, he's (she's) dead.  It's too depressing."

RIP, Shelley.  You were always fun to talk to.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2006, 12:19:14 PM »

And like you, I am glad that I tried stuff on...some things I thought would look perfect on my didn't! LOL!

On your what?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

François de Paris

« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2006, 12:29:49 PM »

The very first play I ever directed was Miss Margarida's Way. A one woman show. It was very difficult for me to know if the audience would laugh or not at the right places. But I had a very good actress named Rona Frame and was able to play off the audience. Since the play took place in a classroom, we actually did it in a classroom. We allowed people to walk in if they were late and she would berate them for being there. The biggest laughed came from something that was a mistake on my part. There was a point where I had here put on a pig snout. At least when I bought it I thought it was a pig snout. It turn out to be a the top part of a male organ. I kept it in because it killed them every night after that.

:o :D ;D

Oh, you, Michael, you!

That play has been made famous here by Annie Girardot, who has reprised it recently, 28 years after she created it!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: January 14, 2006, 12:33:28 PM »

I just booked Barrymore's for 10 at 6:30 pm on Monday night.  I'm counting on the following:

Ginny & Richard
Ben & Anthony
Rodzinski & TPunk
Jose, scourge of God
Me
FJL
Jason (????)

François de Paris

« Reply #65 on: January 14, 2006, 12:35:21 PM »

Oh no!  I loved her.  She used to call the Drama Book Shop and talk.  I was quite fond of her.  She'd ask what new book were out, and everytime I mentioned a bio, she'd say, "No, he's (she's) dead.  It's too depressing."

RIP, Shelley.  You were always fun to talk to.

Yes, great actress!

I even remember you telling us how she'd open her door in her robe to receive the home delivery... something like that!

85! What an age!

François de Paris

« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2006, 12:39:12 PM »

Ah!!! Would have loved to attend last night's performance of Deceit with... Karen Morrow on my arm!

Karen , if you read this; you're a doll!!

François de Paris

« Reply #67 on: January 14, 2006, 12:40:35 PM »

I just booked Barrymore's for 10 at 6:30 pm on Monday night.  I'm counting on the following:

Ginny & Richard
Ben & Anthony
Rodzinski & TPunk
Jose, scourge of God
Me
FJL
Jason (????)

Sorry! Karen and I can't make it tonight!

She's in LA!
I'm in Paris! ;)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: January 14, 2006, 12:48:49 PM »

FJL - mystery solved!  Thanks!

She of the Evil Eye is gone and I can now lord over my home environment.  I'll finish watching The Wild Bunch, then maybe move on to Flightplan, which I'm sure I won't like, but, you know, I like Jodie so what the heck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #69 on: January 14, 2006, 01:00:14 PM »

GREETINGS AND BEST WISHES

TO

TAMMY MINOFF'S GRANDMOTHER!

(just in case she checks the posts, as well)
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

François de Paris

« Reply #70 on: January 14, 2006, 01:05:49 PM »

Quote from: TCB l(just in case she checks the posts, as well)
[quote

In that case, we might "behave" from now on, right? ;D

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #71 on: January 14, 2006, 01:14:21 PM »

DeltaCelt, MONARCH OF THE GLEN is a delightful BBC series we missed during it’s original run.

Jane

« Reply #72 on: January 14, 2006, 01:15:38 PM »

From JRand:
Wow DRJANE - a miracle cloth!  Maybe the manufacturer of your cooktop has something similar.

LOL I should ask.  I do need to speak to the manufacture about one little problem with our microwave.  I love it, except when I cook my imitation bacon.  For some reason it just gets soggy instead of crispy.

Jane

« Reply #73 on: January 14, 2006, 01:17:09 PM »

From JMK:
I resemble that remark!

LOL, you and François sure do.

François what did I forget?

Jane

« Reply #74 on: January 14, 2006, 01:18:07 PM »

JMK, DSL we are envious.  You will love direct tv, just be grateful you don’t have direct way for your internet connection.

Jose I tend to wander past La Madeleine after I have eaten, next time I’m in Bethesda I plan to give it a try.

I'm only up to page 13 from last night and I must go already.  I shall return-laters.

François de Paris

« Reply #75 on: January 14, 2006, 01:37:51 PM »

From JMK:LOL, you and François sure do.

François what did I forget?

The letter "r" when spelling forget!! :D

(Psst; Jane! you're perusing yesterday's posts! Just wanted to make sure you did know! ;)
Love you! :-*

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #76 on: January 14, 2006, 01:38:00 PM »

DeltaCelt, MONARCH OF THE GLEN is a delightful BBC series we missed during it’s original run.

DR Jane, i will have to hunt around and see if i can find that... Have you ever watched some of the British comedies?

I get to have fun on monday afternoon. I get to tutor a person in sign language for a play they are doing. I see it as a challenge and something ot be feared.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #77 on: January 14, 2006, 01:39:05 PM »

In that case, we might "behave" from now on, right? ;D

You guys are mischievous??? You all seem so innocent.... ;D
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #78 on: January 14, 2006, 01:39:56 PM »

Sad to read about Shelley Winters. Always enjoyed her performances. Thanks for the info, DR MBarnum.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

François de Paris

« Reply #79 on: January 14, 2006, 01:40:27 PM »

JMK, DSL we are envious.  You will love direct tv, just be grateful you don’t have direct way for your internet connection.

Jose I tend to wander past La Madeleine after I have eaten, next time I’m in Bethesda I plan to give it a try.

I'm only up to page 13 from last night and I must go already.  I shall return-laters.

La Madeleine!! (The Parisian church of same name is not far from my work place!)

Even when you talk about places it has something to do with food! ;D

Matt H.

« Reply #80 on: January 14, 2006, 01:42:23 PM »

DR Laura, I promise to rectify the picture situation of FOREVER PLAID soon. I know you've asked several times to see shots of our show, and I WILL do this as soon as I can.

François de Paris

« Reply #81 on: January 14, 2006, 01:44:11 PM »

You guys are mischievous??? You all seem so innocent.... ;D

Yes, we are! That makes us more.... "devious"!! :o :D ;D

(Mischievious? No! Frisky humoured (Whatever that is!) YES!) ;)

We love "double-entendre"!

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #82 on: January 14, 2006, 01:44:20 PM »

La Madeleine!! (The Parisian church of same name is not far from my work place!)

Even when you talk about places it has something to do with food! ;D

I remember that church!  Sort of in the middle of the street?  Oh, how I long to go back to Paris!!  And who knew, I wasn't totally excited about going in the first place, but now I really want to go back.

Matt H.

« Reply #83 on: January 14, 2006, 01:44:34 PM »

Started watching 21 GRAMS finally after having on the DVR for a long, long time. I got 15 minutes in and erased it. I just was not in the mood for that multi-person, time jumping-style of storytelling.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #84 on: January 14, 2006, 01:46:33 PM »

I'm at work (but haven't officially started "working," yet) and AGAIN I forgot to bring my two new CDs to listen to.  Dopey me. ::)

Very sad to hear about Shelley Winters. :'(
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matt H.

« Reply #85 on: January 14, 2006, 01:47:11 PM »

Instead, I put on the Biography episode concerning Hedda Hopper. Her career as a supporting character actress in silents and early talkies has always been more interesting to me than her more famous career as a gossip columnist. Had no idea that she had also dabbled in selling real estate and had sold land to the likes of Mae West and Bob Hope, both of whom were multi-millionaires partly because of their vast land holdings.

Matt H.

« Reply #86 on: January 14, 2006, 01:48:03 PM »

Still hoping a kindly DR (Jennifer perhaps since I know she watches the show) can fill me in on the ending to last night's IN JUSTICE. I missed the last ten minutes.

Matt H.

« Reply #87 on: January 14, 2006, 01:48:50 PM »

DR George, I didn't get your DVD in the mail today, and since Monday is Martin Luther King Day and the post office will be closed, I'll get it out to you on Tuesday. Sorry.

François de Paris

« Reply #88 on: January 14, 2006, 01:50:02 PM »

DeltaCelt?

We have no DeltaCelt DR here! ;)

Are you STILL celebrating TPunk's birthday, Jane? ;D

Matt H.

« Reply #89 on: January 14, 2006, 01:51:13 PM »

Copied from the internet this morning, announcements of some very tempting sets coming in April from Universal:

Marlene Dietrich: The Glamour Collection will include Blonde Venus, The Devil Is a Woman, Flame of New Orleans, Golden Earrings and Morocco.

Mae West: The Glamour Collection will include Go West Young Man, Goin' to Town, I'm No Angel, My Little Chickadee and Night After Night.

There will also be a Carole Lombard Glamour Collection, but I didn't copy down the names of those films.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Up