Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down

Author Topic: THE HIMALAYAN YAK  (Read 20511 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:THE HIMALAYAN YAK
« Reply #240 on: January 19, 2006, 08:12:10 PM »

Enjoyed last night's CSI: NY which I got to this early evening. Three murders that involved two separate cases. A runway model who died during a strut oin the runway (also another model backstage was also found dead) and a separate case with a dead psychiatrist and a man confessing to the murder where the team determines from the evidence that he didn't do it.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #241 on: January 19, 2006, 08:15:09 PM »

Page 9 Piggie Dance!!!

(from the delightful and underrated HOME ON THE RANGE)

Matt H.

« Reply #242 on: January 19, 2006, 08:19:13 PM »

WILL & GRACE had a very blah episode tonight. No surprise about what Will was up to. A moment of poignancy for Karen (and I'm guessing this is pointing the direction the show will take with her character as it nears the end of its run.)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #243 on: January 19, 2006, 08:19:27 PM »

It's been a shitty day here:  they turned off the water without telling
us today because half the buildings has had no hot water for the past
two days.  Two idiots came inand worked on the boilers.

Now, we have no water pressure, toilets hardly flush, there's water
pouring from my bathroom ceiling all over the toilet and floor, and I'm
thoroughly pissed about the whole thing.  The leak began around 10:00 pm and I've left three phone complaints to my landlord.  My super is accusing me of blaming him, which I am not, and it's got to be repaired ASAP.  I blame the two idiots who worked on the boiler today.  And Jose.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matt H.

« Reply #244 on: January 19, 2006, 08:21:18 PM »

FOUR KINGS actually made me laugh a couple of times tonight. Seth Green is still far and away the best of the four. His "what if" moment with an ex-blind date would have been even funnier had NBC not used the scene to promo to show past the point of tolerance.

Matt H.

« Reply #245 on: January 19, 2006, 08:23:29 PM »

MY NAME IS EARL had an OK episode for as much as I saw, but I didn't see it all because of a phone call from "the fella." I let the DVR record the show, and I'll watch it at some point this weekend.

Matt H.

« Reply #246 on: January 19, 2006, 08:25:45 PM »

While the DVR caught THE OFFICE, I switched over to CRUMBS, another not-very-funny episode for me. Jane Curtin is pushing too hard to be wacky/funny, and it's just wacky without the funny part. Fred Savage and the guy who plays his brother are nice to look at. That's about the only positive thing I can say about the show thus far.

Matt H.

« Reply #247 on: January 19, 2006, 08:27:07 PM »

And WITHOUT A TRACE had a new episode concerning a missing therapist and her fascination with "bad boys." Good show, not great.

Matt H.

« Reply #248 on: January 19, 2006, 08:27:51 PM »

I'm going to have another marathon Friday Media Checklist tomorrow. Argh!

Matt H.

« Reply #249 on: January 19, 2006, 08:37:41 PM »

Well, I must make an earlier night of it since I'm going to have some company late tomorrow morning.

Good night, everyone!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #250 on: January 19, 2006, 08:45:41 PM »

Well, the super came and went, looking very harried from dealing with all the apartment problems caused by today's plumbing.  It turns out the apartment above me had a screwed up toilet from today's water pressure problems,  It was flushing again and again and the pipesconnecting the toilet were leaking.  Hopefully, the deluge is over.  I'm still not happy.  Thank God I had DR Matt H's blow by blow tv update for tonight to soothe my ruffled feathers.

On the plus side, I did finish the chart for Kelli O'Hara, and I think it will me lovely.  And so to bed (a Samuel Pepys reference).
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #251 on: January 19, 2006, 08:52:54 PM »

Good Evening!

What's the rest of the phrase... Après le deluge...

DRY VIBES TO YOU!!!

*Well, the phrase if actually, "Après moi, le deluge."  So, I guess you can blame me.

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #252 on: January 19, 2006, 08:55:18 PM »

DR Jane - Great news about DS Craig!

*And one of the guys in the cast happened to bring in a two pound box of "guess what"? tonight.  I resisted as much as I could, but it seemed the pieces that no one seemed to want were the almond squares, so...  I had two.  -My only sweets of the day, so...  Very allowable.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #253 on: January 19, 2006, 08:56:04 PM »

DR TPunk - ...And did you get the 25% coupon for next week too?

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #254 on: January 19, 2006, 08:57:13 PM »

I picked up the estimates form my various forms of heat...holy cowbells! It is going to cost in the vinicity of just over $4000 bucks no matter which one I choose.

I have no clue as to how in tarnation I will come up with $4000, but heat I must have and soon, please!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2006, 08:57:50 PM by MBarnum »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #255 on: January 19, 2006, 08:57:41 PM »

DR Jason - What and/or who is up in Boston?

Safe Travel Vibes To You Too!

*Oh, and when will you be back?  I'll actually be coming back up to NYC this "weekend".  Will you be home by Monday night?  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #256 on: January 19, 2006, 09:00:07 PM »

...And I had no idea that Wilson Pickett and his family lived in nearby Ashburn/Reston, VA.
Make Your Own Luck.

Tomovoz

« Reply #257 on: January 19, 2006, 09:00:45 PM »

Join Jason MBArnum -- pack your bags and come to OZ.  Cheaper than $4000. and "Yes we have Eric Banas."

I'll admit that was really bad!!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #258 on: January 19, 2006, 09:01:05 PM »

DR TCB - Was there a particular reason/trigger for you to search out that song?  -Just curious.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #259 on: January 19, 2006, 09:02:26 PM »

Join Jason MBArnum -- pack your bags and come to OZ.  Cheaper than $4000. and "Yes we have Eric Banas."

I'll admit that was really bad!!

;D

*Actually, I was going to suggest that DR MBarnum find a cheap hotel for the next couple of weeks.  Nothing like having someone else make your bed for you and fresh linens each morning.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #260 on: January 19, 2006, 09:04:23 PM »

I picked up the estimates form my various forms of heat...holy cowbells! It is going to cost in the vinicity of just over $4000 bucks no matter which one I choose.

I have no clue as to how in tarnation I will come up with $4000, but heat I must have and soon, please!

If you try a personals ad, you may be risking consumer fraud!  "Underneath the lamplight . . ."  Remember, DR MBarnum, Heaven protects the working girl.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #261 on: January 19, 2006, 09:05:11 PM »

...And I just checked the current rates for my personal favorite hotel in NYC, The Skyline Hotel, and their nightly right is right around $99.00 for their standard room, so...  A 40-night stay in NYC... Hmm...

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #262 on: January 19, 2006, 09:05:27 PM »

THE SQUID AND THE WHALE...
Yes, The Punk and I saw it. Quite enjoyed it, though it ain't the most cheery movie in the world. Jeff Daniels is really incredible in his performance. It has a brief running time. So go for it!

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #263 on: January 19, 2006, 09:06:06 PM »

It also takes place in my old neighborhood of Park Slope, although long before I lived there.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #264 on: January 19, 2006, 09:15:32 PM »

OH!...

On the way the theatre tonight, I stopped by Border's to pick up a copy of "The Runner's Handbook".  I had seen tons of recommendations for it on various running sites, including the NYC Marathon one.  I've checked out a couple of sections so far, and it seems to be a perfect starter book for runners and running.  Just what I need right now.  Well...

I was reading bits and pieces during the show tonight, and the second trumpet player asks me, "Have you read my father's books?"  -What?  Who's your father?

It turns out his father is John "The Penguin" Bingham.  He's been writing a column for "Runner's World" magazine, "The Penguin Chronicles", and has a couple of books out on running, more specifically, the enjoyment of running.  -He also does the lecture circuit circuit.

"The Penguin" started off as a 5'9, 240 pound "runner", and eventually worked his way up to running 5Ks, 10Ks, half marathons... full marathons.  His emphasis is on the running, the experience, not on competing and winning.  -Well, from the blurbs I've been reading since I got home, the only competition is with yourself.  There is nothing wrong with running in the back of the pack.  Very inspirational writing.  And since I still have a couple of Border's coupons...

But I'm also hoping that I can get to meet Terry's father since we both seemed to start from similar places.
Make Your Own Luck.

Tomovoz

« Reply #265 on: January 19, 2006, 09:28:10 PM »

A 40 night stay DR Jose.  Are you expecting a flood?
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jason

« Reply #266 on: January 19, 2006, 09:31:28 PM »

Jose: My good friend, Julie, who used to babysit my brother and myself, is in Boston. She's been there for over two years and I've not gone to visit her. Skammen! She knows I'm broke and she has a pretty decent job, so she's offered to pay for half of my train ticket. I'm really excited to go up there, though I'm afraid I'm smack dab in the middle of a cold. Here's hoping I'll be feeling better tomorrow!

I'll be back Sunday afternoon/evening, so yes, I'll be around on Monday. :)

FJL

« Reply #267 on: January 19, 2006, 09:47:40 PM »

One could try to do Eric Bana's last name with the Name Game.  The mind boggles.

Or else, just as awful:

Ho, Bana, Hey, Bana, Bana, Bana, ho
Bana hey Bana ho Bana.
Hey EB, EB, won't you wave at me
Bana ho, Bana hey Superstar

That's definitely worse than yours, isn't it, Tomovoz?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #268 on: January 19, 2006, 09:52:05 PM »

Jose: My good friend, Julie, who used to babysit my brother and myself, is in Boston. She's been there for over two years and I've not gone to visit her. Skammen! She knows I'm broke and she has a pretty decent job, so she's offered to pay for half of my train ticket. I'm really excited to go up there, though I'm afraid I'm smack dab in the middle of a cold. Here's hoping I'll be feeling better tomorrow!

I'll be back Sunday afternoon/evening, so yes, I'll be around on Monday. :)

Cool Beans!

And I just found out that my friend, Paul, from Ft. Myers, FL, will be in town this weekend too for some advertising awards banquet on Monday night.  I haven't seen him in about five years.  He may try to join us Monday night at Splash depending upon when his awards banquet ends.

*Be sure to say HI to my hometown.  -I'd say go for a ride in the Swan Boats, but I'm betting they're not operating this time of year.

**And if you get to Faneuil Hall, be sure to try the Indian Pudding at Durgin Park.  -And the whole Durgin Park experience is, well, truly an experience too.  The prime rib is decent and huge!  -And served on the bone.  The first time I was there, I felt like Fred Flintstone.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #269 on: January 19, 2006, 09:52:59 PM »

A 40 night stay DR Jose.  Are you expecting a flood?

Refer back to DR elmoore's water troubles.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up