Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: THE HIMALAYAN YAK  (Read 19514 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
THE HIMALAYAN YAK
« on: January 19, 2006, 12:13:51 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, you've learned all about the Himalayan yak, and now it is time for you to post until the Himalayan cows come home.  To it, I say.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2006, 12:07:08 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:THE HIMALAYAN YAK
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2006, 12:14:10 AM »

And the word of the day is: CONVIVIAL!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2006, 12:42:57 AM »

What we seem to have here is an Attack of the WUSSBURGERS.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2006, 02:43:54 AM »

Broken leg vibes for Thursday evening and your run this weekend!!!

Hmmm....

Have not been to many zoos... The ones I have been to are Woodland Park in Seattle, Assiniboine Park (Zoo and Gardens) in Winnepeg, Minnesota Zoo in Apple Valley, Roosevelt -Dakota Zoo in Minot, Red River Valley Zoo in Fargo and the Chahinkapa  (pronounced Shaw hink apaw) Zoo in Wahpeton, ND.

It is tough to say what I like at zoos for each of the above ones have something unique that I love. I guess I would have to say my favorite aesthetically would have to be Assiniboine park in Winnepeg. Not only does it have a zoo but it has an incredible garden. It is must see ifyou ever visit the city.

I guess the most strangest animals I have seen in a zoo are a platypus, Taur, and a red panda... The Red River Valley Zoo has two red pandas. Meerkats are fun to watch. The zoo here has wolves. Beautiful creatures...

Seattle's woodland Park is a nice place also. I liked the gorilla exhibit.

Chahinkapa has a some kangaroos and very mischievous otters!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2006, 04:26:22 AM »

I've not been to many zoos but those that I have been to are pretty nice.  I have been to the famous San Diego Zoo which lives up to its reputation and is one fine zoo.  The Cincinnati Zoo also has a great reputation which it deserves.  I believe they were the first to have and breed the white tigers.

I was a member of the LA Zoo for about twenty or so years but didn't go all that much despite the fact it was almost in my own back yard in Griffith Park.  I could drive there in about ten-fifteen minutes.  The times I did go, I found it a perfectly nice Zoo that treated it animals well.  It was opposite the Gene Autry Western Museum, however, which I always found much more entertaining.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2006, 05:09:45 AM »

Good morning, all!  Today I have to finish the Kelli O'Hara chart for the copyists tomorrow.  Luckily, it's not long.

I got a call from Ron Raines last night.  He may be singing with Peter Nero and the Philadelphia Pops on Feb 14.  Almost everything he's doing is my orchestration, so I think I may take an overnight jaunt to Philly

TOD:  I've only been to one zoo in my life, the Cincinnati Zoo, and it's embarassing to admit never going to the Bronx Zoo since it's so famous.  Perhaps DRs Jason and Jose and I can make the trek someday soon.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Michael

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2006, 05:16:04 AM »

TOD:

San Diego Zoo is good.

As a child I went to the Granby Zoo in Quebec.

Do the Lion Safari Parks (Where you drive through and the animals are allowed to roam free [almost])?

If the above is allowed I would in include the one at Walt Disney World.

Does Africa USA  or something like that name still exist? (I think there was TV series in the 60's filmed there)
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2006, 05:17:41 AM »

I got a call from Ron Raines last night.  He may be singing with Peter Nero and the Philadelphia Pops on Feb 14.  Almost everything he's doing is my orchestration, so I think I may take an overnight jaunt to Philly

I found an old interview with Ron from the early 80's (His daughter was 2 at the time) in Show Music. Very interesting.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2006, 05:18:36 AM »

Good Morning TPunk!
Good Morning Elmoore!
Never stop dreaming.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2006, 05:24:01 AM »

Himalayan yaks are okay, but there is nothing like Yakky Doodle.

A convivial soul, he...
« Last Edit: January 19, 2006, 05:31:53 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ben

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2006, 05:42:59 AM »

Okay, time for three more Dublin pictures.

Here is a picture of festivites at our Christmas Luncheon. We had crackers. Those of you familiar with English/Irish Christmas traditions know they are not edible. In fact you can see unpopped crackers on the table. The cracker had the mask, the paper crown and the whistle.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2006, 05:44:22 AM by Ben »

Ben

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2006, 05:45:17 AM »

Father Christmas made an appearance near the end of the party and stopped by every table, including ours. Here he is giving Anthony a Christmas goose  ;)

Ben

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2006, 05:48:33 AM »

And, finally, the day after Christmas, St. Stephen's Day in Dublin, not Boxing Day, we went for a walk and crossed the Ha' Penny Bridge. It's offically called the Wellington Bridge and was opened in 1816. It was the first iron bridge in Ireland. Until 1919 it cost a half penny to cross the bridge. The bridge was closed in 2001 for major repair. It was reopened, with its original paint colour restored and changed made at the ends to allow standing room for pedestrians before crossing the road.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2006, 05:51:11 AM by Ben »

Ben

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2006, 05:51:50 AM »

And, I'm all alone so I will leave and get back to work since my project (supposedly due tomorrow) has been untouched for two days.

Jennifer

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2006, 06:16:08 AM »

Just one quick thing since i've having modem isssues.

DRs Tom and MShayne are correct. Since Canada is in North America, black Canadians are referred to as African American.

Jennifer

« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2006, 06:16:59 AM »

And DR MattH are you sure Veronica Mars was a repeat?  Jan 18th was scheduled to be the starting date of the winter new episodes.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2006, 06:22:35 AM »

Nice pics, DR Ben.  We used to do crackers at my sister's house on New Year's Day, but they started getting so shoddy that we stopped.  Maybe we can look for imported ones from Eire next year.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2006, 06:30:24 AM »

TOD:

I haven't done many zoo, either.  But The Philadelphia Zoo is very nice.  The animal environments are pleasant to stroll by and the animals look happy (at least, I think they're happy.)

I think the most amazing thing I ever saw at a zoo was the feeding of the tigers and lions at the San Francisco Zoo.  Loud.  Very loud.  Not to mention violent.  It's sort of like when we have a pizza party here in my office
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

MBarnum

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2006, 06:41:37 AM »

The only zoo I have been to is the one in Portland. It is a wonderful zoo...to pick a favorite animal there is difficult...but I think the big cats are the most fascinating to me, followed by the polar bears.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2006, 06:44:12 AM »

Lovely musical parodies yesterday evening - concerning both Allison and calimari - although in separate tunes.  I am sure Oscar would expecially  be pleased, DR FJL!!

Convivial - the new definition would be HHW!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2006, 06:45:07 AM »

I saw a giraffe once at the Cincinnatti zoo which was very interesting.  And we saw a little WHALE at Marineland.  I was looking for the Creature from the Black Lagoon, but he wasn't there.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2006, 06:46:54 AM »

Well, I forgot to mention that the security for the German bund here in America (the ones using the motorcycle riders as terrorists) must be very lax.  It turns out that the mistress of the HEAD of the party is a concentration camp survivor, a nice Jewish lady, who is just looking for the guy what killed her folks.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2006, 06:48:54 AM »

DR RODZINSKI - the Pwoject Wunway episode was good, and the elimination was a surprise....not someone I wanted to see go....of the two left, I could have lived without the other one.  Oh well.  

ALL of the costumes were ugly.  I really don't like some of the challenges they have had this season.  

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2006, 06:54:03 AM »

Today is Desi Arnaz, Jr's birthday, so doesn't that mean that it's also Little Ricky Ricardo's birthday?
-- Anaïs Nin

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2006, 06:57:22 AM »

Yakkity Yak

don't talk back
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2006, 06:58:39 AM »

It's also the birthday of both Dolly Parton and Janis Joplin.
-- Anaïs Nin

vixmom

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2006, 07:00:58 AM »

Last night we watched that FBI show with mandy Patankin in it.. I cannot recall the name of the show... ah senility thy name is Vixmom

It was a good episode though.

i think

vixmom

« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2006, 07:03:24 AM »

I just caught up with yesterday... I must join Netflix now... just to rent the Calimari Wrestler!  ;D

I loved all the lovely song lyrics as well. What a talented bunch.

Guy Haines next cd must be 'Songs of the Calimari" :D
« Last Edit: January 19, 2006, 07:03:56 AM by Vixmom »

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2006, 07:05:13 AM »

Whatever happened to the dueling biopics about Janis Joplin?  One was supposed to star Renee Zellweger and the other pop star Pink.  I've heard nothing about either.
-- Anaïs Nin

MBarnum

« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2006, 07:07:29 AM »

Good DVD news! SUMMER STOCK will be released April 25! Woo and hoo!

If you have an all region player then you may enjoy the fact that THE INCREDIBLE SHRINKING MAN and TARANTUAL are releasing in Great Britain soon (March or April, I forget).
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Up