Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: I FEEL TWITCHY AND BITCHY AND MANIC  (Read 21363 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:I FEEL TWITCHY AND BITCHY AND MANIC
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2006, 07:59:43 AM »

Good matinee vibes for DECEIT!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2006, 08:03:10 AM »

Mawnin', all!

Today I move some stuff - beds, for an example - into my Marina loft. By Wednesday or so it should be livable.

fave classes, hmmmm... Well, Mr. Bill Gordon's drama classes, for the big start. BK was in those, and Jane and Keith. Even when I was cutting classes and skippping school regularly, I always came to the drama class at the end of the day. And I loved the creative writing class where I learned to write sonnets. And the Shakespeare class, again, Mr. Bill Gordon. Any of my foreign language classes. I took French, Italian, Russian, German. For the rest of school - well, I played hookey a lot.
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2006, 08:04:26 AM »

My word of the day for yesterday was POST-PRANDIAL - I kid u not. I actually used that word in a sentence!
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2006, 08:04:51 AM »

Okay, off I go to get a truck and move some stuff. More later. bye, kidz.
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2006, 08:06:20 AM »

In re: Nigerian Swag... my friend Eva Moon has a song on her CD called "Cash from Nigeria" - what a hoot!
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2006, 08:06:45 AM »

And now, signing off for real. I mean it. Here i go...
PennyO

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2006, 08:47:46 AM »

And the word of the day is: ASTIGMATIC!

This sounds like a car that can switch from manual shifting to non-manual, depending on how the driver likes to drive.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

MBarnum

« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2006, 08:49:50 AM »

Cool JRand55! Over the years you have sent me various CDs that contained an Annette song here or there...but to have one full CD of all Annette all the time would be most welcome!!

MBarnum

« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2006, 08:50:57 AM »

I think I shall sit on the couch like so much fish the entire day and simply watch various and sundried movies.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2006, 09:08:57 AM »

I realize that I have mucho catching up to do.  But yesterday was one of "those" days, when lots of everything happened.

Most of which I won't bore you with.

The most important of which I will bore you with, however.

Peggy is no longer with us.

Relax, it's good news.  

For some time, der Brucer has had Peggy's picture listed on several websites, hoping to find her a home.  Over the past year, since Peggy and her pups joined us, there have been several nibbles, but nothing really counted as a bite.  Der B admits he wasn't searching too hard for a new family for her; those first few months, after finding Benny and Baxter homes, were spent getting her over that mange she had, and during that time he developed a crush for the girl.

But a family that lives in Pennsylvania and has a second home near us here sent der B an interesting e-mail.  The two boys, one fifteen and one ten, had found Peggy's pics on the web, and told their mother that she (Peggy) looked like a dog they could love.  A series of e-mails were exchanged, and der B agreed that we would meet with them yesterday.

To be honest, the older boy is more in need of a girlfriend than a dog, but he also seemed like the sort of kid who could take on the responsability for her care.  The younger boy, on the other hand, needs a dog, someone who can be a playmate and a pal.  And Peggy took to both of them very quickly.

So we left Peggy with them for the night, to see how things work out, and after that there will be a week for her to spend with them in Pennsylvania, to make sure how well they and she fit together.  But I think that she's found a new family.  I certainly hope so.  She's such a good dog, and she needs a boy.  Fletcher will miss her, of course.  So will we.  But we didn't take her in for ourselves, we took her in because she needed help.

I'm going to need a new avatar.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2006, 09:21:35 AM »

I think I shall sit on the couch like so much fish the entire day and simply watch various and sundried movies.
Sun-dried?  OK, I know you've that Bollywood thing, so your favorite films are from a sultry clime, but sun-dried is a word I usually use for tomatoes.

Sundry, on the other hand, means miscellanious or various.  The "y" is pronounced as a long "e", making the word "sun-dree".  

Thus ends this edition of the nitpick report.   ::)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2006, 09:26:33 AM »

Good Morning!  Good Afternoon!

Decisions, Decisions...

To New York or Not To New York, that is the question...

-I woke up with a "touchy" back.  I'm mobile and able to move, but my lower back muscles are really tight right now.  I've been feeling something back there - no comments DRs elmore and TCB - for the past two days, and I've been very careful with my activity.  However, on the "good side", it looks like this tightness is most likely related to my new-found fitness - well, still in progress fitness.  I'm using more muscles, more muscles are being stretched, and since I'm actually starting to lose my gut, my whole support system (abs, back, etc.) is needing to make some adjustments.  -And my mind is needing to make some adjustments.  It does feel different when I sit up straight now - which is a good thing.  So...

I have one of those heat wraps on, and I've been taking my time getting ready for the day this morning.  I have packed my overnight bag for NYC, but I think I'm just gonna see how I fell after tonight's show.  If I'm up for the drive, then I'll do it.  If not, then I'll just stay put for the next 48 hours here in Fairfax.  No biggie.  There's nothing pressing in NYC I have to do tomorrow - although, I do have a friend visiting the city this week, so... -Again, we'll see...

*And with my whirlwind trip to San Francisco on Thursday... Staying put may just be the thing I need to do.  We have two shows on Wednesday... Which means the only "day" I'll be able to get any personal work done would be, well... Tomorrow and Tuesday... -And that's if I don't go to NYC, so...

Decisions, Decisions...
« Last Edit: January 22, 2006, 09:28:23 AM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2006, 09:29:11 AM »

DR MBarnum - Glad to hear that you enjoyed Bea Arthur.

And as for all that "silver hair".. Heck!  I'd figure you were in heaven!

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2006, 09:31:07 AM »

DR elmore - Which brand of manuscript paper were you using?  -The 14-stave kind.  My "old" music store here in Falls Church would always over-buy manuscript paper just to get the volume discount.  I could check to see what they have on their shelves.
Make Your Own Luck.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2006, 09:31:53 AM »

Good day one and all!!

Continued Broken leg vibes today to the Deceit cast for their Matinee!!

Relaxing a bit before I have to go to work..

Penny, I hope your move goes well and you get all set up in your new digs.....
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2006, 09:34:11 AM »

And as for Electives...

Drama - Which was actually and after-school activity - we did have a proper class during regular school hours.

Otherwise, band and choir.

*I went to a Catholic High School.  I received a wonderful education, but even the "electives" were more or less required, so...  Even my AP History and AP English classes were considered 'electives'.

And I believe with this post - thank you for the heads up, DR Rodzinksi - I shall have reached a certain plateau...

And since I have to get ready to head in for the show, I shall surpass this milestone...

Laters...

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2006, 09:44:43 AM »

Sun-dried?  OK, I know you've that Bollywood thing, so your favorite films are from a sultry clime, but sun-dried is a word I usually use for tomatoes.

Sundry, on the other hand, means miscellanious or various.  The "y" is pronounced as a long "e", making the word "sun-dree".  

Thus ends this edition of the nitpick report.   ::)

Well, dear reader S. Woody White, one should think you'd been coming to this site long enough to know that MBarnum was using our tried and true "various and sundried" line - and yes, it's "sun-dried" (how it should be pronounced when used here on haineshisway.com) on purpose and has been since the first time I used it.

Thus ends my nitpick report.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2006, 09:46:33 AM »

Had a nice breakfast with Mr. David Wechter - we're now on the fast track to finish the sci-fi spoof musical we were working on three years ago.  I can't find a lot of my lyric sheets, but thankfully he had a tape of one of the key songs that I simply could not remember.  I still have one lyric sheet to find, but at least I remember the tune of that and the general idea of the lyric.

Cillaliz

« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2006, 10:14:46 AM »

Oh and DR TPunk did you watch the Dancing with the stars elimination. Very unhappy about that!

I'm watching Dancing With the Stars. I have to say I was so disgusted with the judges that I voted for PMaster. Ok, you heard it, I'm part of the reason he's still on. But please, the guy was trying this last week and his Aunt or Mother or whoever was sick...I just think that it's insane to invite someone like that on simply to ridicule them as harshly as the judges did. If they were nice and gave him the low ratings, he may be off, but no, they have to be the know it all ruthless critics.  So I voted for him to stay.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2006, 10:19:53 AM by Cillaliz »

Cillaliz

« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2006, 10:21:49 AM »

JMK - I played Potemkin in a college production of CELEBRATION. I loved singing NOT MY PROBLEM!

Cillaliz

« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2006, 10:24:16 AM »

Today I feel wicked and wacky and mellow, so I'm going to eat some ice cream, turn on some tunes and get a few more boxes packed before I go see THE SQUID AND THE WHALE this afternoon.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2006, 10:24:41 AM by Cillaliz »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2006, 10:25:13 AM »

I have just finished the short story - very emotional, and I shall now have to go back and read it and futz with it - it turned out to be forty-three pages.

Cillaliz

« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2006, 10:27:57 AM »

I have just finished the short story - very emotional, and I shall now have to go back and read it and futz with it - it turned out to be forty-three pages.

Congrats. Sounds like a wonderful way to vent. Wish I had that talent.

Cillaliz

« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2006, 10:29:34 AM »

Now I must go...continued good wishes for DECEIT

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2006, 10:47:16 AM »

Shall we call you Matt H2? O!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2006, 10:48:20 AM »

DR MBarnum - Glad to hear that you enjoyed Bea Arthur.

And as for all that "silver hair".. Heck!  I'd figure you were in heaven!

;D

Exactly!  How many times did you fall in love, DRMBarnum?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2006, 10:50:56 AM »

DR elmore - Which brand of manuscript paper were you using?  -The 14-stave kind.  My "old" music store here in Falls Church would always over-buy manuscript paper just to get the volume discount.  I could check to see what they have on their shelves.

I've always used Associated Music's Aztec Papers, which was the primary Broadway copy paper after King Brand folded:

http://www.aztecmusicpapers.com/

Jennifer

« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2006, 10:55:26 AM »

DR MattH I have a question for you. My sister's UPN station has a basketball this wednesday (during veronica mars). I know you've mentioned your station does this too.  So when should i look for the show to be on?  My tv only has till tues.  Will it be on wed after the game? Or some other day!  I can't believe they are doing this for the first new show! :(

Jennifer

« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2006, 11:01:35 AM »

DR MattH, I'm checking a website (upn38.com) which i think is the station she tapes off of.  IT shows that VM will be on wed at 11pm or after the game. And it shows that it replays saturdays at 10pm. Never knew about that, need to check on that one. Does that sound right?

Jennifer

« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2006, 11:05:58 AM »

I'm watching Dancing With the Stars. I have to say I was so disgusted with the judges that I voted for PMaster. Ok, you heard it, I'm part of the reason he's still on. But please, the guy was trying this last week and his Aunt or Mother or whoever was sick...I just think that it's insane to invite someone like that on simply to ridicule them as harshly as the judges did. If they were nice and gave him the low ratings, he may be off, but no, they have to be the know it all ruthless critics.  So I voted for him to stay.

OMG I may have to kill you. :)    I honestly cannot fathom why anyone would vote for him. I find his dancing horrid. And I don't find he was trying that hard.  He was terrible!  He wouldn't even agree to wear dancing shoes which i thought made him seem obnoxious.   I don't mind if people root for the underdog.  But they were being kind to him (one judge gave him a 6).  Yes I don't think they should have said that he should not be on the show next week. But frankly he is that bad.  He is so much worse than any of the people on there (or even those who have been voted off) that i really can't wait for him to go!

It's funny but Elisabeth from The View felt just like you. She championed him and even wore a t-shirt.  That actually made me so mad. :)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up