Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: I FEEL TWITCHY AND BITCHY AND MANIC  (Read 21347 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
I FEEL TWITCHY AND BITCHY AND MANIC
« on: January 22, 2006, 12:23:01 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, you now feel twitchy and bitchy and manic, and now it is time for you to post until the twitchy, bitchy, manic cows come home.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2006, 12:14:44 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:I FEEL TWITCHY AND BITCHY AND MANIC
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2006, 12:25:18 AM »

And the word of the day is: ASTIGMATIC!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2006, 12:25:56 AM »

Nice to see dear reader WEL posting last night.  He made some interesting comments about a certain new album, which I haven't heard yet.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2006, 12:27:32 AM »

And a very happy haineshisway.com birthday to occasional dear reader Elan!  Hope the day is a wonderful one and that he'll stop by to get his wishes.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2006, 12:28:59 AM »

Welcome five GUESTS!  We're talkin' about favorite elective classes.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2006, 12:45:56 AM »

Hmmm I had a lot of interesting classes in college

My favorites were American culture - Midwest, Popular Culture, History of Art and Theater,  and Acting 101!!

I had a professor that was joy to have.. BEing HOH, It was nice to have that class for it taught us to observe body langauge. The fun part is I got to take with my friends Keith and Sandy and we had to act out a scene from a play or tv show.

Popular Culture was a truly fascinating class and one that lead to to observe theater and other forms of media closer. In the class we had to do a paper on some aspect of popular culture. I did mine on soaps. Others did theirs on sports, fashion, fine arts, music, magazines, etc...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Tomovoz

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2006, 12:50:48 AM »

My favourite elective classes were the ones I taught!
When I was at School we did not have elective classes until about age 15 - I chose music appreciation rather than to do art.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2006, 12:53:49 AM »

DP Colin used to use a stig matic to break the soil up before digging fencing pole holes.  Of course people who use a stig matic tend to make a spectacle of themselves.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2006, 01:22:42 AM »

The only elective classes that I took in high school were choir and several typing/business classes.  I was in the Concert Choir and Show Choir for four years and in my senior year, I added the non-audition choir (I forget what they called it).  I took three years of typing and was in FBLA (the Future Business Leaders of America).  Of course, I didn't become a future business leader, but I type all the time in my job and now with the computer, on HHW.  Learing how to type, at least, was a good choice. :)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2006, 01:23:21 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2006, 01:26:15 AM »

Also, in the second semester of my senior year, I took Drama I.  I had loved musicals for several years by then, but had never thought about actually being in any kind of stage production.  For our final, we did the first scenes of "Life With Father."  I was father and did rather well...during rehearsals.  When we did the scenes as our final in front of the whole class with blocking and costumes and everything, I jumped a section and cut a page and a half out of the scene!  Dopey me!  Several characters were introduced in those scenes and they had to just walk on on their next lines.  I got a C for the final, but a B for the class.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2006, 01:26:32 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2006, 05:23:32 AM »

Good morning, all!  I'm working on a new choral-dance piece and I have no more 14-stave paper, which is my favorite paper for doing NYCGMC charts.  Adding insult to injury, the music papewr company no longer makes it, so I need to settle on new score paper this morning.  I handle change badly in my work habits.

Beyond that, I have to go to my producer's office, write three new measures for Judy Kaye to cross a stage, have brunch with friends coming in from New Jersey, and haul myself back here to dig out all of the music I need for this medley.

TOD:  electives?  I had an English class in folklore that was so much fun I almost changed majors.  I also remember a wonderful class in 20th Century French authors which introduced me to Malraux, Camus, Gide, and Saint-Exupery beyond Le Petit Prince.  Plays included Sartre's "Les Mouches," Anouilhs "Romeo et Jeannette," and something by Giraudoux, but I've forgotten which one now.  I had read several of his plays in English like "The Madwoman of Chaillot," "Tiger at the Gates," "The Enchanted," "Ondine," and "Amphitryon 38," but I have no memory of the one for the French class.  Oy!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2006, 05:23:49 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2006, 06:01:52 AM »

Well....DRMBARNUM I thought sure that I had made you a CD of Joe and Virginia's little girl Annette Joanne - but since I haven't - I will get right on that.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2006, 06:02:54 AM »

Drama was NOT a class offered in my high school, although we could join the "Drama" club, although it didn't matter because MOST of the parts in the two plays we did were given to student "leaders" who weren't even members of the club.

Jennifer

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2006, 06:36:41 AM »

DR MattH wrote last night:
Next, I watched THE PACIFIER. Predictable from first frame to last, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I laughed at some of it, and it was certainly good natured. I noticed that the script was written by the two guys responsible for RENO 911 (Thomas Lemon and Ben Garrett), but they recycled slapstick bits from Disney live action comedies that go all the way back to THE SHAGGY DOG.

And I had no idea the adults in the cast included such names as Carol Kane, Lauren Graham, Brad Garrett, Chris Potter, and Faith Hill. They all worked hard for their laughs.

Faith Ford, not Faith Hill. :)

I laughed at this movie as well.  I can appreciate a predictable comedy that is sweet and charming.  And I also really enjoyed the cast, especially Brittany Snow (the oldest daughter from American Dreams and Nip/Tuck).

And I also just got the Constant Gardener to watch!

« Last Edit: January 22, 2006, 06:37:08 AM by Jennifer »

Jennifer

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2006, 06:37:37 AM »

Also congrats to DR George for being debt free and DR Jed for his new job!

Jennifer

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2006, 06:39:27 AM »

DR JRand, re: your comments about Trading Spaces.  I also miss Paige, she was my favorite part of the show (besides hildy and doug and laurie).  

I will admit, most of the changes they made are quite good. I like having the couples and hosts and carpenters do much more.  I like seeing what changes they've made after 2 weeks.  But I still loved Paige.  They made it sound like they would be doing so many remotes from 2 locations that she would not fit in. But really they have only done that once or twice. I hope she's doing well.

Jennifer

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2006, 06:39:58 AM »

Oh and DR TPunk did you watch the Dancing with the stars elimination. Very unhappy about that!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2006, 06:56:40 AM »

Good morning!

Call it BLEAK HOUSE here because it's gray and cold and yucky outside! Inevitably in January, we're going to have days like this, but Mother Nature is so cruel to give us spring for much of the month and then throw us lousy days like today. I'll have to check out the five day forecast in a bit to see if there are changes on the way or if winter really HAS decided to hang around for awhile.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2006, 06:57:17 AM »

Thanks, DR Jennifer. Faith Hill! What an absurd slip of the fingers!  :D

Matt H.

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2006, 06:59:11 AM »

First video up for me today will be A FOREIGN AFFAIR recorded off TCM. I really can't believe I didn't watch it yesterday as anxious as I am to finally see this all the way through. With my luck, the broadcast from TCM probably pixillated and will be unwatchable, but with fingers crossed, I'll start it this afternoon as I eat lunch.

Matt H.

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2006, 07:00:39 AM »

Then, I will want to see HOSTAGE, the fairly recent Bruce Willis flop from this past spring. I like him in this kind of role (MERCURY RISING, for example), so I'm looking forward to seeing this, too.

Matt H.

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2006, 07:04:05 AM »

At my high school, there were only six periods a day, and if one took the four core subjects and had a lunch period, that left only one period for an elective, and since I was in the band, that was my elective all four years of high school.

As feature editor of the high school newspaper, however, I had to take SPOTLIGHT (our student newspaper) as an additional elective my senior year, so I didn't have a lunch period that year. I just did without and ate when I got home at 3:30 (which wasn't that much; I was the original 98 pound weakling during that period of my life).

Matt H.

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2006, 07:06:21 AM »

I am really surprised that some enterprising studio hasn't redone DVDs for THE IPCRESS FILE and FUNERAL IN BERLIN since they're both out of print and I would think highly sought after. I don't have either but am not about to pay those outrageous prices being asked for them. I catch them every time TCM broadcasts them.

Matt H.

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2006, 07:07:53 AM »

Well, I'm all alone in the forum at this moment. Very lonely here!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2006, 07:47:33 AM »

I'm up, I'm up, and shall shortly be on my way to an early breakfast with Mr. Wechter, after which I shall return.

Matt H.

« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2006, 07:48:13 AM »

Guess I'll head down now and tidy up a few things around the house before settling in for an afternoon of movie watching.

WBBL.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2006, 07:57:03 AM »

Off to work myself.

Happy Birthday to DR ELAN!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2006, 07:58:15 AM »

Very very very disappointed in the DVD release of OPERATION CROSSBOW.  Fans, beware.  Stick with your VHS or version recorded from TCM.

Disgraceful!  From a company called 905 Entertainment, whatever that is.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2006, 07:58:59 AM »

Whew just got an email.  Bunny will sell me the BEST Swiss watches for thousands less than retail!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2006, 07:59:27 AM »

I'll buy one for everyone here at HHW once my Nigerian swag is deposited in my account!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up